Current Page: 86 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 22, 2009 08:54AM

Deborah! Hello, Ms. Singer!!!

It's been a long time since I've seen your familiar face on my way into the church sanctuary. We used to exchange a "hi" and a smile. You'd probably remember me if you saw me (maybe not). It has been so long. Would I recognize you all grown up now?

I haven't been to the church for a few years, so I didn't know your story. I have mixed feelings of saddness and rejoicing as I read your testimony: the hurt, which has led to the disillusionment, which has led to the rejection of the whole thing (baby with bathwater), which has led to the feeling of true need for the True One, which has led to the road to healing and your True Home. Welcome home!

Please know that you are not alone in this process of coming to know the real deal about the love of Christ. "He who is forgiven much loves much," Jesus told the Pharisee who was despising the woman worshiping at Jesus' feet. It's an old, old scenario. What a wonderful surprise to find that it's the person who realizes their desperate need for Jesus' love who ends up finding it.

I praise God for you, Deborah! I praise God for His faithfulness to you (and to all of us who have given up trying to deserve His love only to find that it's freely given).

Welcome to the forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: April 22, 2009 09:03AM

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for sharing your story- especially since you grew-up in TP. It is so good to hear that you have a heart for God. We all fail and will fail in the future. Why? --Because we are all sinners. "Whoever says he is without sin is a liar. " There is no one who is perfect. No one is greater than the Creator. We are all created thus we cannot be perfect. Pastors Mike and Cyndi pretend to be perfect. They have to to promote their brand of heresy. People are tired of their shenanigans. But God will not be mocked. He sees all. Deborah thank you so much for you honesty and transparency. May God bless you and draw you closer to Him in days ahead and years to come. You are a brave and beautiful person. I always wondered why Tp never conducted "Communion" during any of their main services. I believe it is because it brings sinners to forgiveness and renewal to their relationship with God. You then remove GUILT feelings that cause people to higher levels of performance for the Church not for God. All TP and the leadership there want is for you to work, work, work to promote TP. TP this and TP that. Be like Mike and be like Cyndi. When we first got married, my spouse and I agreed to never mention the "D" word. And, we never have. You are so much like your mother, Jackie--Bold and Beautiful and a child of God!!!

Posted by: Wounded Warrior ()
Date: April 22, 2009 09:10AM

Forgivenes101,

Thanks for the great analogy. What a clear picture of the "smoke and mirrors" that goes on at TP!!

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: April 22, 2009 09:50AM

VERY APT Analogy by Forgiveness_101 continued with "unauthorized" ending by LP...

And then the whole house filled up with smoke but no one in the house wanted to nay-say the leaders--who refused to admit they were wrong and continued to declare, "There is no (cough, cough, gasp, gasp) smoke in this (gag) house!" So they were all choking to death on the smoke as they denied its existence. Meanwhile, there were those who had been hesitating who finally realized that they were being lied to and that they needed to just get out while they could. So, coughing and sputtering, this final wave of people fled from the house and escaped the disaster. Sadly, however, the rest who refused to leave their never-say-die leaders did, in fact, die with them.

The End

PS: This is not based on any kind of wishful thinking, but on the "collision course" we see at this time. I hope EVERYONE gets out!

Forgiveness_101
Hello forum,

It has been a while since i have posted on here and I have done some thinking, I have come up with the perfect word picture for this type of event, please tell me what you think....

We are all in a house celebrating the good things that God is doing, we are having a party! Then some people catch some wind of smoke, and go to the owner of the house and say "hey i smell smoke" and the owner says "there is no smoke" and tells you to forget about it. You then go about parting with all your friends again, to only smell smoke stronger and this time your friend catches a whiff too. You both go up to him and say "no really we smell smoke" you look around and he says "now look, there is no smoke". You look around and see all your friends and wonder who else smells smoke, while thinking about that the owners says "I don't want to hear this non-sense about smoke". You subtly bring it up to your friend, we should leave the party and if there is smoke it has to come out of the house. So both you and your friend leave to see smoke billowing out of the chimney. You both wonder why the owner would lie to you. You go back in and say to the owner one last time "look we went outside the house and we have seen the smoke, now where is the fire?" The owner then says "There is no fire", "There is no smoke", "Why are you spreading lies?" You look at each other like "maybe we didn't see smoke" then both of you at once say "no we saw smoke and we are going to tell people that you have a fire in your house" He looks at them and says "you are in a dangerous place". Then a while goes by and you start to write on a public forum about this house and the smell of smoke and wonder who else has smelled the smoke? Only to find that you weren't the only one to smell smoke, that you aren't crazy, and the people in the house think you are gossiping about the house and there party. While they are the ones preaching about how evil we are and how we are leading this wave of confusion!

Thank you
Forgiveness KCF

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: April 22, 2009 11:33AM

Welcome Deborah,

Thanks for your openess and honesty. You are very bold. May God bless you and keep you and shine his face upon you as you continue to trust in Him.

God Bless
Outreach

Posted by: DeborahSinger ()
Date: April 22, 2009 01:34PM

Just wanted to add that I'm not actually positive that its the church thats pressing charges and not just the police taking action since they were called when it happened. And now after talking to a friend it sounds like it may just be the police, but I'm not sure cuz I've heard otherwise.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: April 23, 2009 02:24AM

TPWOC has the sermon Overcome Adversity by Pastor Mike Villamor for Sunday April 19th now on line on there web site. Once again I believe Pastor Mike thinks he is Caleb of the old testament and if we don't follow him and the false prosperity, positive confession, word of faith teachings(doctrines) we will die and not experience the blessings of the promised land. Pastor Mike quotes great false teachers like Dr. Increase Bob Harrison and helelicopter guy Casey treat at the end of his sermon. Pastor Mike wants us to fight battles against the enemies and that people are complaining,grumbling and murmuring about the enemies in the promise land. And I believe Pastor Mike wants you to keep speaking out words of positive confessions because there is a mindset and spirit of fear that throws out any kind of common sense and any measure of faith. I believe the Grasshopper stompers,the enemies and armys he talkes about during his sermon is any body who rejects or questions his vision and false teachings. He trys to scare you by saying fear is the play ground of the devil. Also he does not want you to focus on the size of the problems at TPWOC. Instead he wants you to focus on the blessing and prosperity God promises you for your health and finances. There are battles to be fought Mike says . Pastor Mike says God hates it when we reject the blessing he offers us and its a slap in his face. He says that some of you have a religious spirit and also that there is a spirit of poverty out there and God wants to prosper you with wealth and healing.Pastor Mike you forgot to read Acts 20:28-30 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepards of the church of God which he bought with his own blood. I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will rise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard! Pastor Mike you have left your guard down and have invited false teaching into the church, you have failed to protect the flock,you are drawing disciples to yourself and people are leaving TPWOC and you have caused division and disunity.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: April 23, 2009 10:29AM

DeborahSinger
Just wanted to add that I'm not actually positive that its the church thats pressing charges and not just the police taking action since they were called when it happened. And now after talking to a friend it sounds like it may just be the police, but I'm not sure cuz I've heard otherwise.

The church has to be willing to testify for the court in order for charges and prosecution to go forward. The State or City can bring the charge, but the witnesses have to testify and be willing to cooperate. TPC could choose to not be involved further. and deal with matters according to the Bible. Oh, wait, they only believe half the Bible and march on Mike and Cyndi's words that they get from God. I was thinking about that today, you know, hearing from God personally. When I went to TPC I asked Cyndi to be my discipler. She said "I haven't received word yet from God." It just strikes me funny that the Word is God. The Word is the Bible. She should have just gone to the Bible. It struck me kind of funny because the Bible warns of sorcery and soothsayers. I believe at this point, that anyone who says "God told me" is a soothsayer and should just get their crystal ball out. I believe that God speaks to us through his Word. Certainly not through my mind. Too much room for weird translation. There have been moments when I have heard his whisper, but these have been great moments in my life. Mostly, God speaks to me through what happens in my life i.e. loved one's being saved, and other tangible experiences. The Holy Spirit is amazingly comforting and yet, it doesn't talk to me via words etc. Instead, it is more about felt senses and things lining up in my life in accordance with God's will and God's Word. Just my thoughts on the whole thing. I am really liking older christians who are not full of pomp and circumstance and given to dramatics in worship.

Posted by: outreach ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:50AM

I was talking with a friend today about TP and filled her in on what is going on and why we left. She does not go there and never has. She told me about someone she knew that had gone there and this person had cancer. The church never helped her out at all. My friend asked her if the Pastor knew she had cancer and she said yes Mike knew but never visited with her or helped in any way. My friend told her she should find a church that would be there for her and support her and help her out. Well this person ended up moving away to another State. So that story reminded me about Mary's husband that was one of the deacons that passed away and Pastor Mike never would go to the hospital to see him. Way to go Mike & Cindy. Great way to look after your flock. I can't believe that a Pastor could be so heartless. Just another confimatiion for you people out there that may be questioning what is going on at Turning Point. When it comes from someone that didn't even know what was going on at the church. I just want the word to get out so no one else will get sucked in to Turning Point lies and deception.

Outreach

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: April 23, 2009 08:21PM

Hello Forum - I am not a staff member or elder but I am in leadership at TPC. Let me say this, there is more than you might expect that are aware of the issues currently at TPC. There is a struggle to know what to do, most are trying to help and feel God is calling them to stay. The day may be coming when that changes but for now you can know that some eyes are wide open.

Do we really want TPC to crash and burn in an ugly mess? I am not implying that you do, this is a rhetorical question. Can you imagine the collateral damage of such a mess? Regrettably there is collateral damage now and some of you are the victims. What a mess! I would have bet money years ago that TPC would never be in this position. Well, here we are. This stinks! (No pun intended in regards to the poo-poo incident). We need to kick Satan's you-know-what out of this church! He has a foothold and as you all know we do not battle flesh and blood. Our real enemy is a crafty and incredibly devious individual and he has had too many victories. We war with prayer and if you are not praying pray! We can't do anything to help remove veils and deliver truth. We may be lucky enough to have Christ decide to use us and if that opportunity comes I pray we are ready and obedient. The power of the Holy Spirit changes hearts and opens eyes.

For a current up to date status of the state of TPC I can sum it up with this one word - unrest. There is mounting concern and I would anticipate something to happen soon. What that is I don't want to hazard a guess. I pray it is as peaceful as possible. Is it really beyond our God to open the eyes of those who need to see truth and have true repentance and a healthy end to this? Of coarse not. That, and I am sure you agree, would be the ending to this we all would like to see. I don't know if the consultant was able to help in seeing the real issues at TPC. I think the forums used to collect information did not facilitate a open and honest response. There was too much pressure to find good things to say and too awkward an environment to say what one was really thinking. Most people don't like to face confrontation head on, they prefer a more passive approach. The letter from Pastor Mike was encouraging because four real issues where highlighted and they do need to be addressed. As a church body if we can improve in the areas highlighted (communication, new member/believer connection, church structure, individual ministry support) we will function much more effectively for God's Kingdom. I would cut and past the letter for all to read but I do need to respect the process of communication. This is a personal issue of integrity that I feel it would not be right.

I love to talk so if any of you want to have a healthy conversation about how we can help TPC one morning over a cup of Starbucks I am game. Just know this, I am only interested in a conversation that I would not mind if someone taped and played back for Pastor Mike himself. What do I mean by that? Simple, what is our motive? Is it to help or hurt? I want to help.

"Father God - you and only you can heal broken hearts and restore lives. I trust in your timing and your means in which you are working in everyone who is affected by the circumstances at Turning Point. Let us be part of the solution to removing Satan's hold over lives. Send Your angels to help protect families and those new to the faith. The same spirit that dwells in me dwells in all who confess you as their savior. Rise up Your Spirit in all of us! I specifically lift up the leadership at Turning Point. Father these people are Your children and you love them. You know the truth and only you can judge the heart and motives of a person. It is clear that something is wrong to those within the body at Turning Point. We ask for healing and revelation. We ask that Your spirit shout so load as to drown out the lies. We ask that those who have influence in the lives of the leadership be given an opportunity to speak truth. We pray that you would open their hearts to hear truth. Protect the innocent. Guard their eyes and ears to the destructive nature of what is transpiring. Amen"

I would like to address something said by 'tell the truth.' I know it was hard to have Cyndi say that she had not heard from God. God uses His word to speak to you. He doesn't use the same method to speak to everyone. Why? Where would the faith be if we all know exactly how God was going to speak to us today? We are all unique and God desires to grow in faith. He will stretch all of us in our walk with him. Today he may speak to me through dreams but I can't be blind to other ways he may speak to me. You questioned whether he really 'speaks' to us. I assume you meant in an audible voice in our head. I think he does, I would encourage you to do a personal study on this. John 10:27 says that 'my sheep listen to my voice' - I interpret this as not metaphorical but all encompassing. I personally don't think we should limit the methods that God can use to speak to His people.

God Bless you all! - Keep Praying!

Current Page: 86 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.