Current Page: 21 of 351
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: February 05, 2009 06:37AM

TurningPointReject
This is how self deceived people operate. People are a means to an end. As long as you are able to help me get what I want then I will treat you as important. If you can't help me then I have no time for you. If you are perceived as a threat to me getting what I want then you must be destroyed (nothing wrong with destroying objects is there).

I don't know. Does this describe your experience at TPC? If so they the leader may be self deceived and not even realize it

This is so true of what is happening at RLC. If you have looked at or noticed the listings of well over 500 people that have left the cult in the recent exocus you will see that many of those people pastors, elders, leaders, and disciplers. They are not just people who passed through the church for a weekend or two. Many were leaders who were deceived by the lies of Tony including a couple of pastors and well over a majority of the elders. The people remaining and in leadership are deceived and are living the lie. It takes some people longer than others to come out of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 180Reject ()
Date: February 05, 2009 10:43AM

Hello All!!

I can say out of experience, that at one time TP did practice spirtual parenting, and have known kids who rejected their own parents for their "spirtual parents."
They might not do it anymore but they did, and if they say they never did, is just a lie.
They were VERY connected with Tony Cunningham up till recently, (im guessing when his church started to fall apart they say they aren't connected)
I went on Summer Tour 2004 with Turning Point One Eighty Youth Group and went to Radiant Life Church, where we stayed at someones house who attended that church. We went to SOMA for a class where Tony taught. We put on evangelistic concerts and what not on Radiant Life Church property.. They were VERY VERY connected with the church.
Has anyone heard about The CCD? (The Counter Culture Approach to Dating) (which ended in about 2006? when they realized there was NO way it would work..) Pretty much you were supposed to get engaged to someone without dating them, and then get married. no dates, no hanging out without anyone else around, nothing. TONS of teens did it while I was in highschool, and pretty much reuined a lot of peoples lifes.

I agree that Pastor David Luster is the best one out there. He always has been, I pray that TP Skagit Valley does not turn out like Turning Point Marysville.

I also hear they are planting a church in Oregon, very soon. (this month)

Don't know if I helped at all by writing this, but I have a lot more to say, will write when I can remember. (i stopped attending in 2006, not because of Turning Point, but because of the Youth Group, absolute abandonment)

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 06, 2009 06:20AM

Here we go again! The great defender of the faith(Pastor Mike Villamor)has invited guest speaker false prosperity teacher Bob Harrison for February 15th service on how to Recession Proof your finances. I looked his name up on Doctrinetalk.com, and as far as I can see so far he is a give me your money so I can get rich artist. He makes his millions selling tapes and CD's, and people pay big money to go to his seminars. He has connections with (Business) City Church and Market Place Ministry. I sounds to me like he got his start as a crooked used car salesman. Matt. 7:15 Watch out for false prophets, they will come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Life Application reference for verse 15 is: Jesus says to beware of those whose words sound religious, but are motivated by money, fame or power. You can tell who they are because in their teaching, they minimize Christ and glorify themselves. Tim. 2 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine, instead to suit their own desires they will gather around them a great number of teacher to say what their itching ears want to hear (Tony Cunningham, Wendell Smith, helicopter guy Casey Treat, Bob Harrison, and the Ralston's, etc.).

Date: February 06, 2009 10:13AM

People of TP your church ,not Mikes church is being highjacked,it belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ.It is being taken over by false teachers.You have donated your time,talent and your treasure to make Tp what it is today. It's time to stand up for truth and take it back before it is to late.

Posted by: longtimer60 ()
Date: February 07, 2009 02:11AM

Northwest: "Even if there is nothing wrong with turning point and everything on this forum is a lie, there is nothing stopping it from happening in the future until they change the structure of the leadership"

According to the TPC website, “Therefore we are an elder-led church that believes in God's fivefold ministry approach to growth and leadership.”

MOST, if not ALL of these New Apostolic Reformation churches are "elder-led". No accountability from the outside. No covering from any church "organization" and they "cover" their own plants. They ALL believe in the "five-fold" ministry approach.

Date: February 07, 2009 10:25AM

Turning Point World Out Reach Center web site: Coming this Sunday: Recession Proof your Sex Life: I was wondering if Pastor Mike was going to give demonstrations!

Date: February 07, 2009 10:32AM

oh great. just what we all want to hear. Sermon illustrations about Mike's prowess in the bedroom. What is Mike's position on polygamy and concubines?

Date: February 07, 2009 10:38AM

Definition of prowess: Distinquished bravery; military valor and skill; extraordinary ability.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: February 07, 2009 02:09PM

So Far everything we see Mike doing....Tony has already done or started down here in Sacramento / Elk Grove.

I am waiting for the day people start asking questions about what he believes?
Yes during the religious ceremony when Mike is delivering his Sunday morning talk and there are many witnesses.
Questions like
Does he consider himself an apostle? and if so, how did he assume that Title?
Is he still embracing the teachings of Tony Cunningham? and the many other questions we have raised here in this forum.
I believe there might be some opportunity to ask questions during the next sermon titled “Recession Proof your Sex Life"
What mike will teach is “performance based love”
Basically the wife becomes a sex slave to the husband as long as he is performing all his church duties and succumbing to Mike as a leader. If not it is a cold nigh out on the couch.
What Turning Point Church and Radiant Life suffer from is a works bases, performance driven theology that leaves people tired, used up and with out any resources.

Hmmm “Recession Proof your Sex Life”
I bet Mike has a stimulus plan for you?

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: February 07, 2009 10:55PM

An elder and pastor has resigned from TP.

I hope to elaborate in the future.

It is in many ways a sad day but it is also good. They have shown great courage and a willingness to be honest when honesty is not treasured.

Current Page: 21 of 351

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.