Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:47AM

Jael
I was totally in the dark to any of the plotting of TPWOC, or any thing about yesterday's prayer meeting until a e-mail. On Wednesday, I was driving down Firetrail road when I felt I should go drive through Aspen and pray for the True word of God to be seen, heard, and all the cloaking and deceptive twists of His word and promises would be revealed. Thank you Lord, for that nudging.

This morning I read the most recent inputs, yes, prayer is our strongest tool, weapon.
With all the emotions that is whipping around, I ask everyone to hold fast to God's promises.
He never leaves or forsakes us. In Psalms is our cry of the former members of TP.
Let us hold firm to what the word of God says, in 1 Cor. 12:13 "....the greatest of these is LOVE." My experience in TP, they were lacking LOVE. They will say we are fighting this fight because we are bitter, angry, lost. Their view is so tainted from the lies, and deceptions they can't think any other way. I call all of us the show love to the lost, deceived. Think of how Jesus reached the sinners of His day, with love. It is easier to hate and rant about TP leaders attacking Jackie.

Pray, pray, and show love. I pray we can see the deceived people as Christ sees them and not get lost in our emotions during this trial. We can't get caught up in our emotions that we act and say things as they do. The truth will be seen and known.

Mike has whipped up this frenzy as a distraction, and some of the people involved in TP are coming to a (lack of a better term) a turning point in their thoughts of TP. Many are confused and their thoughts are spinning, I pray for clarity.

Jael, I believe that you speak wisdom. We can not get lost in our emotions. This is a difficult time, no doubt, but we must behave in a manner that is worthy of the gospel of Christ. We must continue to pray for the men and women that are being deceived. We must pray for truth and light. We must pray that this issue doesn't distract from the *real* problems at TP. Yes, this is a real issue for Jackie, and I don't mean to make light of it, but it's not THE issue of TP. This is just a frenzy that the enemy has stirred up as a distraction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 08, 2009 06:04AM

Thank you Jael. You speak good words.
Jesus had words of restoration for those who were condemned by the religous leaders of His day.
He spoke to them with love and respect. I immediately think of the woman caught in adultery.

Jesus also spoke harsh words...he reserved these harsh words for...
...the religious leaders of His day...for those who said they Speak for God...
...who were leading people down a path much different than the path He was walking.
He called the "religious leaders" of His day hypocrites and brood of vipers.
We must pray and ask for wisdom to know the difference between the condemned sinner and the pious religious leader.

It is not worth our time and energy to hate the religious leaders in this situation.
It will not accomplish God's righteousness.
Yet there are times when we are called to stand and point out the hypocrisy and contradictions of those,
like the Pharisees, who purport to speak for God to His Lambs.

Continue to pray. Continue to fast. This is not over by any means. Listen to the Spirit testify to your spirit.
These legal matters will be sorted out overtime. Of this I am certain.
What is questionable is whether or not the doctrinal errors will ever be set straight.
As we pray and fast we must not lose sight that what ails this body is not merely financial, but spiritual.

The "leaders" have been exhorting their followers to live "generously".
I want to exhort you to do the same. Be generous today.
Bless, honor, and show love to our friend through your generosity.
This is a very practical way to be of help. Give to her in some tangible way.
To defend herself will be costly. Lets show our love through practical support.
Those who are not able to be generous financially can be generous by delivering a meal, sending flowers, writing notes.

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: August 08, 2009 07:15AM

Jackie,
Hang in there. You are a child of the King and there are a lot of people supporting you with sincere hearts. The bigger picture is yet to be revealed and the man spirit will be exposed for what it is. Be careful not to let hatred set in.

Posted by: Die Quietly ()
Date: August 08, 2009 07:51AM

At the meeting last night Mike asked everyone there to "dig deep" as the church was failing financially. That the accountants and attorney were very costly and they would need to be extra generous. Maybe mike could start by using his 8th street facility for church. Then he could actually give him self a 50% pay reduction - the reduction would give the church an extra $7k. I propose that we all give money to Jackie to help with her defense costs. My money is on Jackie and we put our money where our mouth is. Thew new testament church said that they gave to those who had need - well I can think of a Singer family who has need.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: August 08, 2009 10:52AM

Ah, Painfuljourney, but there could be ANOTHER plan afoot.

Let's just suppose that Mike and Cyndi (or someone they don't want exposed) are the guilty parties/party of the items in question, and leadership can conveniently pin guilt for the crime on an ex-member...and then, very magnanimously, with utmost spiritual decorum, forgive her? Well, that would serve two purposes: (1) the truly guilty party escapes without being detected; and (2) Mike and Cyndi get another article in the Herald for being such swell church leaders who would forgive such a thing.

This came to my mind because, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Painfuljourney
Die Quietly has a good point. With all the prophetic people in the church no one had dreams or visions about Jackies guilt? Yet so many had dreams about Mike & Cyndi.

Isn't Cyndi the lead prophet of the church? Why didn't God reveal all this to her BEFORE hundreds of people started leaving the church? Why didn't they bring this out then? Is it because they are scared that so many people are leaving? Is it because they are afraid the church is still losing attenders & ultimately more money, putting their lifestyles at risk?

Are the people only staying because their egos are being stroked or because they are getting paid?

Lets just say the accusations are true. They are not but lets pretend. Didn't Cyndi preach on the adulterous woman a few weeks ago? The adulterous woman was found in sin. Guilty in front of all. What did Cyndi say? What did Jesus do? Did He pick up a stone throw it at the guilty & then encourage others to do the same. No. He told others, "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

So it looks like we can preach on forgiveness, talk about love & grace, speak from the pulpit about loving your enemies & covering over a sin, but then when it comes down to it stack up a big piles of rocks & then stone the most innocent among them.

What do you think? Doesn't sound like Jesus, does it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 10:54AM by LearningPoint.

Posted by: onevoice ()
Date: August 08, 2009 11:10AM

I am so grieved at the way Tp leadership is conducting themselves.. I found out yesterday about the private meeting and that a questionnaire was given at the door as a way to scan a person so to speak before they entered.. We sat with someone last nite that attended that meeting and discussed the content. I have to ask myself "why now, two days before Summer Jubilee" and " how will that promote good moral from tp members helping out with said event. The timing is very interesting and I can't help but question the motives of such meeting, makes no sense! I have personally met with Jackie on a couple of occasions and always have respected the fact that she could of said more, told me more but neither of our hearts were to dig a hole and bury anyone of Tp leadership, but only to seek the truth. I can only imagine the anguish for the entire body of Christ and wonder where is Christ in any of this and what he must think.. not a proud day or advancement in the kingdom for Christians at all. What I do know is alot of people are going to continue to be hurt by this and I think by answering some questions last nite but not others such as the much talked of "Stewardship Campaign monies" you have really dug a hole for your selves now.. and I wonder how will you recover? Only God knows for sure but responsibility will land on the shoulders who will and have caused people to stumble in their faith. I don't really believe this is how TP started out so I've read on this forum and know of siblings of leadership from long ago but your motives have become clouded and for this you will answer. I once was involved in ugly church politics somewhat like this, corruption, deceit, lies and it made me question my faith and wonder why I would want to be a part of such a thing called Christianity? I see so many hurting as they share with me and can only encourage them to look up and not at man but also aren't we suppose to see Christ in each other? If last nite was any indication of what that looks like you really should step back and take a deep, long, hard look at your heart and ask God to search it. Your actions and words are not Godly, and you will answer for that, and holding a meeting and asking people essentially to make an allegiance to your cause is ridiculous! I totally agree with Emily about reaching out to the hurting and angry.. but I don't think most of the leaderships own humanity could handle that, to be opposed and not named divisive, what a healthy place for two to meet, to have healthy dialogue about doctrine or what ever and both leave knowing they love Christ and being ok to agree to disagree and not judge.. that is a church I would like to belong to where I could actually exercise my freedom of speech and thought and know I was celebrated for my uniqueness that God had made me in...that would be amazing.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: August 08, 2009 12:39PM

Another tweeter -- a deacon at TP posted this: "Pastors, elders, & deacons such gracious people full of Gods love. Thunder/lightening's in the air!!!" What utter Bull Sh**Where do they get this stuff? I'm incensed!!

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:18PM

LearningPoint
Ah, Painfuljourney, but there could be ANOTHER plan afoot.

Let's just suppose that Mike and Cyndi (or someone they don't want exposed) are the guilty parties/party of the items in question, and leadership can conveniently pin guilt for the crime on an ex-member...and then, very magnanimously, with utmost spiritual decorum, forgive her? Well, that would serve two purposes: (1) the truly guilty party escapes without being detected; and (2) Mike and Cyndi get another article in the Herald for being such swell church leaders who would forgive such a thing.

This came to my mind because, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Learning Point, I discussed your point with my husband the other day as a matter of fact. It takes a sociopathic mentality to 1) steal from God, 2) devise a mastermind plan to "pin it on someone else who is a bit vulnerable" and 3) lead followers to the victim and have them all throw stones for ruining their churchand gain media coverage in the process. The reality is, Mike Villamoor is desperate for money. He has evidenced the love of money for years now. His money is drying up and how else will he be able to maintain his lifestyle in the Aspens without his monies remaining constant. I believe he devised this very, very good plan and as a point of payback, is seeking to destroy another person's life. It is simple, very simple. He is very grandiose, in fact, you can very simply google "narcissistic personality disorder" and "histrionic personality disorder" and read all about Mike and Cyndi Villamoor. The narcissistic personality disorder at times can have crossovers from the sociopathic disorder as well. Sociopath's believe the rules of society (God as well) apply to others but not themselves. They are capable of emulating feelings to the point of fooling you. Look at Ted Bundy. I'm not saying Mike is a serial killer, or is he? Who will be next. TPC attenders should be asking themselves this question. Do you stay for the love of money? Can you continue to trust the leadership and perhaps you will be the next pinpointed thief?

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:43PM

I don't think my hunch that they're aiming to "pin it" and then "forgive it" is far off target. What a great way to dodge the bullet of their own fiscal irresponsibility....

Two of Cyndi's twitter entries:

If God makes forgiveness his HABIT, we who are imperfect should make it our. Exercise forgiveness today, amen?
8:56 AM Jul 17th from web

If u God kept records on wrongdoings who would stand a chance? As it turns out-4giveness is your habit, & thats why you're worshiped. Ps 130
8:53 AM Jul 17th from web

Posted by: tpcwocattender ()
Date: August 08, 2009 10:21PM

I NEED TO REMIND EVERYONE OF A VERY APPLICABLE PROVERB

Proverb 18:17
The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward and questions him.

For those who attended and for those who heard second hand we must understand that this very proverb is an example of how TPC leaders are not following the word of God in this situation. The lack of love displayed that night for a fellow believer was inexcusable. Even the secular word would have given the accused a chance to state their case. This was handled so improperly and with such malicious intent that all the leaders should be repenting for the slanderous way they spoke that night. RIGHT OR WRONG they handled themselves without grace.

Don't excuse bad behavior just because you love the church. If you were an employee and this happened to you at company would you be okay with how management handled it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.