Don't you know anything of justice?
Haters of good, lovers of evil:
Isn't justice in your job description?
But you skin my people alive.
You rip the meat off their bones.
You break up the bones, chop the meat,
and throw it in a pot for cannibal stew."
4The time's coming, though, when these same leaders
will cry out for help to God, but he won't listen.
He'll turn his face the other way
because of their history of evil.

5-7Here is God's Message to the prophets,
the preachers who lie to my people:
"For as long as they're well paid and well fed,
the prophets preach, 'Isn't life wonderful! Peace to all!'
But if you don't pay up and jump on their bandwagon,
their 'God bless you' turns into 'God damn you.'
Therefore, you're going blind. You'll see nothing.
You'll live in deep shadows and know nothing.
The sun has set on the prophets.
They've had their day; from now on it's night.
Visionaries will be confused,
experts will be all mixed up.
They'll hide behind their reputations and make lame excuses
to cover up their God-ignorance."

8But me—I'm filled with God's power,
filled with God's Spirit of justice and strength,
Ready to confront Jacob's crime
and Israel's sin.

9-12The leaders of Jacob and
the leaders of Israel are
Leaders contemptuous of justice,
who twist and distort right living,
Leaders who build Zion by killing people,
who expand Jerusalem by committing crimes.
Judges sell verdicts to the highest bidder,
priests mass-market their teaching,
prophets preach for high fees,
All the while posturing and pretending
dependence on God:
"We've got God on our side.
He'll protect us from disaster."
Because of people like you,
Zion will be turned back into farmland,
Jerusalem end up as a pile of rubble,
and instead of the Temple on the mountain,
a few scraggly scrub pines.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: August 08, 2009 11:14PM

Thank you to all who prayed and/or fasted on Thursday and Friday. The reports of support for our dear friend and her family are very encouraging. This is going to be a long process. We are not running a sprint in our support but are in a long distance run. Many more days of praying and fasting still remain ahead of us. As you pray ask the Spirit to lead you in ways of practical support for her and her family. Lets provide finances to cover the cost of this matter. Lets provide meals. Lets provide flowers. Lets provide letters of love and encouragement. Be generous. Ask the Spirit what you should do. Allow the Spirit to lead you.

Thank you to all those who turned out to the meeting and supported our dear friend. I heard reports of signs outside the venue saying "We Love Jackie"; of people down the street praying while the meeting was taking place; others praying while at the meeting. Thank you. Please continue to show your love and support.

We need to continue to pray for each family who have left. I know many of you have found it to be a great struggle. You have had friends shun you and stop talking to you. You have had a difficult time finding a place of worship. We pray for you regularly.

We need to pray for those who were in attendance at the meeting and have decided to leave as a result. They are just beginning a similar journey many of us have taken.

We need to pray for those who choose to remain. Not necessarily that they leave but that they are protected from spiritual attack.

We need to continue to pray for the leaders of TPc.

For those who are angry, I remind you that anger is not sin. Some would have you believe that if you are angry you are in sin. That is false. God's Word never says anger is sin. We are admonished "in our anger, not to sin"; We are not to "allow the sun to set on our anger"; These speak to the actions that come out of our anger. These actions should not be sinful, nor should we ignore our anger and not act(allowing the sun to set). So if you are angry then I encourage you to ask the Spirit to show you what you should do in response to the anger you feel. If it is pray then pray. If it is fast, then fast. If it is encourage, then encourage. If it is confront, then confront. If it is leave, then leave. If it is stay, then stay. But act on you anger according to God's leading.

T

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: August 08, 2009 11:32PM

Thank you Turning Point Reject. I needed those words today. Please keep me in the loop about how to help. I am willing to go any Sunday and picket outside the Marysville Junior High. I would be happy to do so. I will do whatever I can to help whether it is a bake sale, garage sale or benefit concert or anythging to raise money. I love this family and all they represent. My heart goes out to Jeff who must be torn in half by this situation. I pray that he would make the right decision and support his mother yet also his family. That God would make a way for both to occur. I pray that God would remove Mike and Cyndi and put into leadership those who will and can lead Turning Point forward out of this mess. That the persecution would stop and that Jackie would be free from this weight around her neck. I pray that Sid would be given wisdom and a mighty shield of protection in which to guard his family. God, you know my love for them is nothing compared to yours, but my heart is steadfast in the spirit of love. That the spirit of love would surpass any anger and lead to freedom for those who suffer. I lift them up to you God and know that you are in control. You are God.

Date: August 08, 2009 11:33PM

I posted the link to the following before. I think it is appropriate to post the complete blog given what has transpired over the last several days. To friends and family at TPc please read and pray asking the Spirit to speak to your heart regarding each question.

Are you covering for a spiritually abusive pastor?

Signs you may be covering for a pastor who abuses the flock spiritually:

***You've noticed a pattern of people leaving the fellowship, but don't ask your pastor about it and don't delve into the reasons behind the exits.

***You've seen your pastor act in retribution for slights or criticism by removing people from ministries, publicly or privately shaming them or refusing to listen to them.

***You excuse your pastor's wrong behavior: he's young, he doesn't understand the people who are unhappy, he has a little trouble relating to people, he'll grow out of it, I'm probably not seeing the whole picture, God will show him his weaknesses and he'll handle things better soon.

***You find yourself blaming victims. You justify harsh behavior by your pastor by focusing on the sins of those who are shamed or shunned or criticized or punished.

***You feel that to protect the name of Christ in your community you need to keep secret the alarming behavior by your pastor or leaders in the church.

***You feel it's your duty to think the best of your pastor, no matter what charges are brought against him, but you don't extend the same courtesy to those who feel they've been abused or harmed.

***You feel it's okay for your pastor to build up your church by cutting down other churches with "inferior" doctrines or practices, but it's not okay for anyone to question decisions by church leaders if it looks like criticism.

***You enjoy being flattered by your pastor and seek to please him often. You spend a lot of time in church flattering and being flattered.

***You fear being criticized by your pastor or having your special ministry taken away.

***You've seen your pastor flatter those he can use and then later turn on them.

***You would feel uncomfortable asking to see financial records of the church, and you just assume that they are being used in a godly manner.

***You feel constantly pressured to help more in church or to give more, or both.

***Going to church often seems like a burden, but you don't want anyone to know you feel that way.

***You have criticized other churches or individuals with your pastor.

***You like the feeling of being in the "inner circle," and you feel you have the pastor's confidence.

***You feel superior to Christians who don't witness as much as you, or who don't practice their faith as well as you, or who don't emphasize certain doctrines like you do.

***You feel that no one quite understands the scriptures, delivers sermons or reaches out to the weak and poor like your pastor does.

***You are exhausted.

If many of these items speak to you, it might be a good idea to evaluate what your role in your church really is. Are you a source of narcissistic supply for your pastor? Is your main role to make him look good? Do you equate making him look good with powerful ministry in your community? You can serve many years, believing you are doing good in your church by covering spiritual abuse for your leader, while really doing great harm. Check out the signs of spiritual abuse. If they look familiar, and you feel you may have had a hand in perpetuating it, all is not lost.

You can recognize the harm and turn from it, just like with any other sin.

For more on the topic of Spiritual Abuse go to : [pureprovender.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Saddened ()
Date: August 09, 2009 05:41AM

Thursday evening, Mike Villamor, you attempted to try and convict a dear woman in you’re carefully screened and seated personal court of public opinion at TPC’s main building. Your attempt failed. It just made you look like the small, petty, and self important despot we have all come to know. What were your motives in doing this – revenge! You thought if you could discredit your former staffer who resigned over ethical differences of opinion with you, then maybe just maybe some of the wallets and checkbooks that have left over the last six months might come back. News flash – we didn’t leave because of her we left because of you – yes you, Mike Villamor - and the person that you have turned into. Your performance Thursday night of a repentant sinner did not fool anyone. Good trick getting another loyal and blind staffer to wield the knife you were trying to shove in our dear sweet friends back.

I also have a news flash for all those on staff at TPC, if Mike would do this to her after everything she has done for him and TPC what makes you think he wouldn’t turn on you in a heartbeat? If it meant selling you out to preserve his position and life style he would and he will sell you out. Jeff and Kim Barnes have built their house on shifting sand and the Bible tells us what happens to that house. If selling out Kim along with our dear sweet friend would change things and bring back the wallets and checkbooks he would sell Kim out in a flash because - Kim is the dean of SOMA. After all, all we ever were to Mike was just a bunch of wallets and checkbooks to pay for whatever he wanted.

How do I or anyone else know this? All you have to do is look at his spiritual father, Tony Cunningham and see what he has done and who he threw under the bus to try and divert attention from himself and didn’t that involve SOMA too?

Mike you have lost the Lord’s covering. That is why your church is failing financially, why so many have left and continue to leave, and why everything is coming unraveled. You have taken the wide road that leads to destruction and no one wants to go down the road with you. You are not an apostle of anything and if you would quit you’re lying and scheming then perhaps you could hear the Lord trying to get your attention and get you back on the narrow path which built TPC to what it used to be.

Ego, pride, and greed are what has led TPC to this point and those of us who left will close ranks behind that dear sweet wonderful woman you tried convict in your kangaroo court of public opinion Thursday night. The Lord loves her and he will protect her and fight for her. The Lord will defend her from the false accusations of prideful vengeful men, the battle is the Lords and he never loses.

Saddened

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 05:45AM by Saddened.

Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: August 09, 2009 11:47AM

Loosey-goosey....TPC isn't running a very tight ship.

I understand that a portion of the building fund is not where it ought to be. Where has it gone? Are there special forensic accountants taking care of THAT mystery?

Our attention has not been dirverted from this, nor from the ethical crime of the senior pastor and his wife drawing extremely high salaries while others suffer loss and hardship and the church budget is sinking.

Complete your investigation of Jackie, if you must, but don't forget to turn the scrutinizing scope toward yourselves, TPC leadership! Actually, that should have been your first course of action.

But do as you will...as is your habit. It's your way or the highway, isn't it?

I'm so glad to be on the highway!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 11:56AM by LearningPoint.

Posted by: M&M ()
Date: August 09, 2009 03:55PM

Last Thursday was surreal. This is my story. When it seemed that this site was in slumber and nothing new was happening. One of my sons got a message saying something drastic is about to happen. Then word spread that Pastor Jackie was being accused of financial improprieties. It sounded beyond belief.

Then a friend wrote me and said that there was going to be a meeting this Thursday at 7pm. I talked to the son who is still part of TP and he had heard some of the allegations but no name had been attached. At work Thursday I felt I needed to show solidarity with Jackie, so I painted a sign saying "WE LOVE JACKIE", I stood holding it near the mattress store. A Marysville police car was parked behind me. At one point a man came from the TP building and talked to the Marysville Policeman and I realized he was an officer from somewhere else working security. It was sad watching people go to the building. Some said hello, some were in tears, some seemed to avoid eye contact. One came toward me tears streaming down her face hugged me and then went in.

After the meeting began I went over to Comfort Park and prayed with a group. Interestingly it was a combination of TP people and ex's. We all prayed for truth to prevail. While we were praying someone texted a person in the prayer group saying that the accusation was that $27,000 was taken over three years. I met with someone who was in the meeting for 45 minutes he outlined the content of the presentation. The presentation was intense, the facts seemed air tight. The accountants used words like financial anomalies, misappropriation, misapplication, they used the word embezzlement and they named Jackie.

A sick exhausted feeling came over me. The next morning I got up and wrote to Sid and Jackie bullet points as to the content of the allegations. What do I think right now? I have known Sid and Jackie for 8 years. They have been consistently credible. They have been credible in their honesty. What has impressed me is that they have been lauded for many good deeds by many people, but more importantly, they have been honest about failings and heartbreaks. As one example of their credibility. When I left the church someone very close to our family came and talked to Jackie about how angry he/she was at me. At that time Jackie believed I was wrong about my concerns about the church, yet she advised the person that I was a godly person and to not cut me out. On a strict character test there is no question that Jackie has been consistently honorable.Unfortunately Mike has shown a consistent pattern of a lack of transparency and truth. Worse he has shown a total unawareness of giant flaws.

Having said that Proverbs 18:17 is relevant. " The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward to question him." This now is irreversible. The church has made public accusations. They have accountants who have pointed out credible problems. But we have not heard Jackie's side yet. On one hand I love and believe Jackie, on the other I want to hear those accountants respond to her side. I expect that they will say this is plausible and credible. Three things are clear. Christians have a tendency to be too trusting, there should be clear safeguards at all times when it comes to money. Second, the claim was made that only Jackie had the password to certain accounts. I have heard directly from two people that said they had the passwords. One shrugged his shoulders and said: I could have stolen money if I wanted to. Finally, Jackie is adamant that this is smear. That the anomalies can be explained. That means there is no middle ground, someone or a group is lying horribly. If TP is lying it is going to be very clear very soon. And then the church is all but through.

In this regard Louis Nizer a famous lawyer in the '50's and '60's once wrote about a principle that assisted him in law practice. It was the law of probability. He used the couplet: "how did I know? The law of probability told me so."

Is it probable that Jackie would resign a good paying job in a recession if she was a thief? Would she leave that job if she knew that her work would be traced and improprieties found out? Does that sound probable?

On the other hand is it probable that a church that is extremely authoritarian would attack a highly visible leader who left? Is it probable that after her leaving created a mass exodus and major financial problems that they would seek to destroy her credibility? What is indisputable is that when she left the church they did not thank her before the congregation, the leadership just pretended she never existed. In healthy churches, even when there is significant disagreement the pastor thanks and acknowledges that departing staff member.

The law of probability falls with Jackie, having said that I do want to hear the accountant's response to her version of events.

I believe there are three separate issues here.

1. All agree I believe that there were sloppy practices that no church or business should do.

2. There are a series of versions of events that can not be known unless you were there. Did Jackie and Sid storm out different doors? Did they present Jackie with the evidence they had beforehand or was she being blindsided? Unless you were an eyewitness you can only speculate.

3. There is the actual paper work. The empirical evidence. When Jackie meets with the accountants then the questions asked must be met and answered in a credible way.

Date: August 10, 2009 12:10AM

The following site is an excellent resource for those seeking direction in their recovery from spiritually abusive leaders. Check it out. LOTS of good material.

How Can We Recognize Spiritual Abuse?

The following comments are excerpted from Twisted Scripture” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar.

If you have experienced any of these conditions in your church, it may indicate a misuse of Scripture and/or may represent the presence of abuse and excessive control: for more click on the link [www.dallascult.com]

Date: August 10, 2009 07:45AM

well I said I wasn't going to be on here anymore, but I had to read a message sent to me, I decieded to read emilys post and mand ms I wept as I read mand ms and cheered as I read emilies , Now who am I I am no one of any importantce my opinions mean nothing in the large scale of things , I just couldnt stand the personal bashing of mike and there is enough things wrong with him in reality to have to make things up and twist things, I just thought that we on here were becoming like them twisting the truth. marty you are so right on. you know how the mind takes facts and views them predijucialy if thats the word. but the heart hears the truth. the heart filled with Gods spirit that is.
one should question the facts . I didnt and now I realized how many people I have hurt becaues I accepted the word of someone in a high position, who I thoght was holy. one thing this has done is unite people on here to seek and speak the truth. the things I read are things I thought and hoped someone else would notice, thats why I was weeping, I knew I wasnt alone, and that Gods spirit is revealing things to unknown and known people on here

Date: August 10, 2009 08:38AM

When an attempt to tarnish a person's reputation is made it may involve exaggeration or manipulation of facts to present an untrue picture of the targeted person. It is a form of defamation and can be a form of ad hominem argument which is used to discredit someone who is felt to be a threat to a person or group.

Such acts are often difficult to reverse or rectify, and the process is likened to a literal taking of a human life. The damage sustained can last a life time.

In practice this may involve double speak, spreading of rumors, innuendo or deliberate misinformation on topics relating to the subject's morals, integrity, and both personal and professional reputation. It may involve spinning information that is technically true, but that is presented in a misleading manner or is presented without the necessary context. For example, it might be said that a person refused to pay any income tax during a specific year, without saying that no tax was actually owed due to the person having no income that year.

This is what the meeting on Thursday night was intended to do to Pastor Jackie. It is called CHARACTER ASSASSINATION. Does this sound like a Christian act? It sure doesn’t to my husband or I. There were all kinds of ways this could have been handled, however the inner circle at TPC chose the way that would discredit and ruin someone who resigned over their disagreement with choices and decisions that Mike Villamor was making which she felt to be wrong and who answered questions truthfully about the elephant in the sanctuary at TPC when people approached her for answers. Their reason for the meeting Thursday night was to silence and discredit her. It would also send a message to any who may oppose them of what could happen to them. Does this sound like the actions of Christian Pastors and Elders? It did not sound like the behavior of Godly people to us.

This morning I sat down when I got to church to pray about this and for Pastor Jackie after speaking to our pastor about how I was feeling, then I opened my Bible and this is what I read:

Isaiah 41:10-16 (Amplified Bible)

10Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.(A)

11Behold, all they who are enraged and inflamed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; they who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish.

12You shall seek those who contend with you but shall not find them; they who war against you shall be as nothing, as nothing at all.

13For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you!

14Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the Lord; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

15Behold, I will make you to be a new, sharp, threshing instrument which has teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, and shall make the hills like chaff.

16You shall winnow them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the tempest or whirlwind shall scatter them. And you shall rejoice in the Lord, you shall glory in the Holy One of Israel.

When I got home from Church, I started to pray about how this attack on Pastor Jackie was affecting so many in harmful ways and how little those who have caused the pain and suffering care about the lives they have damaged and the people they have hurt. Again I went to my Bible for comfort and when I opened it I read:

Acts 18:10 (Amplified Bible) For I am with you, and no man shall assault you to harm you, for I have many people in this city.

I feel these were meant for me to pass on to Pastor Jackie as encouragement during this trial as well as encouragement to all of those who love her that God is in control and he will handle this.

So we can again try to let go of our righteous anger and focus on more positive pursuits, like being a blessing to Pastor Jackie in whatever way we feel called. This is not, I am sure, the outcome intentioned by her persecutors however it would send a message that we believe in Jackie and her innocence and see this ploy for what it is.

Daughter of Dorcas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.