Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:37AM

TPWOC home web site: new video : welcome to Turning point : A new slick promotional presentation of the Church with a new picture of false word-faith teacher Casey Treat. Looks like they are trying to improve their image. Pray for the people in the video, alot are being deceived by Pastor Mike and need Gods Holy Spirit to reveal truth to them. Also they need our help in seeing the lies being fed to them. Some of the people in the video are word-faith want to be word-faith rock stars. Valerie, Ken, Mike and Cyndi and many others. I encourage you to pick a person in the video to pray for and see if God prompts you to contact that person! Then do it in Love and tell the person your concerns about the false teachings and that you love them and you are praying for them. Also, tell them about the Forum. They are still our brothers and sisters in Christ. We have escaped the prison of TPWOC and now we need a prison break for the rest of the prisoners of Mike and Cyndi Villamor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:52AM

I wonder, does anyone know, how many, and what other churches in Marysville have already (or are considering) come under the new denomination that Mike is creating? Mike has this notion that he has authority over other area pastors and their churches....I'm curious how many pastors have actually given him this authority that he seeks.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:13AM

I believe if apostle Mike has his way he would want all the Churches that showed up for the summer jubilee ralley under his authority! Mike is decieving these churches and Pastors in helping with summer jubilee so he can look like a big shot and TPWOC will take the Glory while he decieves are community once again. Summer jubilee is a wonderful event but Mike is going to use it to bring glory to himself. While he turns TPWOC into a cultic word-faith prosperity church. This is a warning to the Pastors in are community of what is coming and is here. It is time for the Pastors of Marysville to ralley against Mikes false teaching he is bringing to Marysville . Its time to stand up to Mike! Unless you believe in his teaching! You can still Love Mike and confront him with Gods Word and with the power and boldness from the Holy Spirit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 01:22AM by buddy.

Date: May 14, 2009 09:11AM

No church should affiliate themselves or put their congregation under a maverick denomination whose un-biblical teachings has caused, at a minimum, 1 in every 8, if not more, members its congregation to leave in less than six months. No church should affiliate themselves with a church whose financial and accountability (or lack thereof) caused an Elder/Associate Pastor and two deacons to quit. A two day visit from a consultant who was only provided with one side of the issue and that side being what the senior pastor and elders wanted him to see is not what anyone could consider to be an unbiased evaluation of the issues and problems at TPC. No church should subordinate themselves to a man who hides from his flock and refuses to perform even the most elementary of duties that a pastor should be expected to perform. I am not sure what kind of logic Pastor Mike and the Elders are trying to use to convince others that their vision is sound, but it would seem to me the good old common God given sense and a little bit of time in God's word should convince any church considering the notion to rethink that idea.

In the article Question: "Is the Word of Faith movement Biblical?" (http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html) it says countering Word of Faith teaching is a simple matter of reading the Bible. God alone is the Sovereign Creator of the Universe (Genesis 1:3; 1 Timothy 6:15), and does not need faith—He is the object of faith (Mark 11:22; Hebrews 11:3). God is spirit, and does not have a physical body (John 4:24). Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26, 27; 9:6), but this does not make him a little god or divine. Only God has a divine nature (Galatians 4:8; Isaiah 1:6-11, 43:10, 44:6; Ezekiel 28:2; Psalms 8:6-8). Christ is Eternal, the Only Begotten Son, and the only incarnation of God (John 1:1, 2, 15; 1:14, 18; 3:16; 1 John 4:1). In Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9). By becoming a man Jesus gave up the glory of heaven but not His divinity (Philippians 2:6-7), though He did choose to withhold His power while walking the earth as man.

The Word of Faith movement is deceiving countless people, causing them to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. At its core is the same lie Satan has been telling since the Garden: “you shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5). Sadly, those who buy into the Word of Faith movement are still listening to him. Our hope is in the Lord, not in our own words, not even in our own faith (Psalm 33:20-22). Our faith comes from God in the first place (Ephesians 2:8; Hebrews 12:2) and is not something we create for ourselves. So, be wary of the Word of Faith movement and any church that aligns itself with Word of Faith teachings.

So we should prayerfully hope that area pastors would distance themselves from Pastor Mike and TPC.

Daughter of Dorcas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 09:13AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: Jael ()
Date: May 14, 2009 02:33PM

DoD
You are right on the money (lol, bad pun). As it is with TPWOC at the present they hear only one voice, and that voice is not the author of the bible. The weapon needed to stop the damage and distruction being caused by TPWOC is the sword and our prayers. They (TPWOC attendees) are so conditioned to Mike's voice they will defend him without questioning, checking it out. Much like the Mormons, JWs, the word of faith will defend their religion.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: May 16, 2009 04:46AM

What's going on? it's so quiet..... Everyone up for prayer and fasting on Sunday! Hope so! Miki

Date: May 16, 2009 11:47PM

Miki
What's going on? it's so quiet..... Everyone up for prayer and fasting on Sunday! Hope so! Miki
I will be participating. TP

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: May 17, 2009 10:19AM

So I was talking to a friend the other day about TPC. Her Pastor is involved in the Marysville group of Pastor's that mike heads up. I was discussing all the weird things that go on at TP, and she was like, well the Pastor's are all very tight and really support each other. Her pastor is aware of the apostleship thing, and is going to talk to mike about it. the problem with this approach is that mike has such slick words and is able to hide that wolf in sheeps clothing. this is why i repeatedly say that the battle belongs to the Lord. we can make others aware, which is uncomfortable to do because it makes you look like a gossip or bad feelings etc. that is the problem with christianity, you can't be real. you have to dress everything up to appear to not be a sinner. it really annoys me. why can't people just be real? why all this fanfare. that was another thing i noticed about tpc. everyone talked the same "come on" "pour out" "speak over" and they all sounded so holy. there was much more behind the words spoken. anyways i wasn't hurt by tpc other than maybe one or two months of feeling less than and unworthy. and truth be told, i was less than and unworthy. but i see how the dysfunction of the cult has hurt others. i hear it in posts and i hear it from friends because they have had to leave everything they hold dear becausea they have to stand up and live lives true to God.

Date: May 17, 2009 11:29PM

Yes the battle belongs to the Lord but we must defend the truth, to say it is gossip to tell someone the guy watching their kids is a convicted child molester when that’s the truth is a warning not gossip. To tell a brother or sister the guy they are about to hire is and unrepentant thief who has stolen from everyone he has worked for , is a warning not gossip.. If it is gossip then Jesus is a gossiper when he warned us about the Pharisees you notice how he exposed them as who they were He didn’t change their hearts, that was up to them to do. It is a pastors job to teach us the truth, that’s Gods truth not his own. Its so easy to justify and rationalize lying believe me I know I’ve done it many times, I cover up bad motives with good intentions. Though the truth may sometimes be ugly freedom comes from its use.

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: May 18, 2009 05:15AM

Good point Nooneofanyimportance. That's what I find so difficult in the church. Maybe i've gone to bad churches all along because there is no freedom in thought or in speech. Well, maybe i'm over-stating it. it just has always seemed that we get the idea that we have to become perfect in the eyes of others to have Christ's living in us evident or to be seen as relevant. I suppose that is the greater problem i.e. that we are too concerned with how we appear and may be perceived. I wish I had my friend's e-mail address because I would send your post to her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.