Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: May 12, 2009 10:15PM

Original messages from the TPc pulpit?

Have to wonder when the last original message was last spoken at TPc. Most of what is heard there these days is regurgitated, rehashed, and recycled. Mike and Cyndi are too busy running around starting multiple businesses to have the time to put together an original message out of God's Word. So much of what is presented at TPc are messages and teachings from others- out of books or off of tapes. Perhaps with a couple of changes here and there. But very little God Ordained, Spirit Inspired teaching has taken place for a long long time. Its mostly the latest greatest fads and teachings from the new flavor of the month, be that Benny Hinn or Joel Osteen or Brevere. Even SOMA material is rehashed and recycled. When the Spirit stops moving in your life you have no choice but to resort to "borrowing" messages from other people. Very sad.

How funny that people are beginning to only now recognize the recycled rhetoric that flows at TPc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 12, 2009 10:59PM

Jeremiah 23:1-4 "Doom to the shepherd-leaders who butcher and scatter my sheep!" God's Decree. "So here is what I, God, Israel's God, say to the shepherd-leaders who misled my people: 'You've scattered my sheep. You've driven them off. You haven't kept your eye on them. Well, let me tell you, I'm keeping my eye on you, keeping track of your criminal behavior. I'll take over and gather what's left of my sheep, gather them in from all the lands where I've driven them. I'll bring them back where they belong, and they'll recover and flourish. I'll set shepherd-leaders over them who will take good care of them. They won't live in fear or panic anymore. All the lost sheep rounded up!' God's Decree."

I have run into this scripture several times in the past week or so. Not that I was looking for anything specific, I had just been thinking about and praying about the wrong path that I believe Pastor Mike and the Elders are going down. I know from experience that when this happens, running into the same scripture repeatedly, something will happen. God is getting ready to move and move he will. I think Pastor Mike is about to find out that God can and will kick him out of the driver's seat and push him to the curb and replace him with someone who will shepherd his flock at TPC and be the shepherd/teacher that God knows that TPC needs and deserves.

D of D

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:54AM

Daughter of Dorcas
Jeremiah 23:1-4 "Doom to the shepherd-leaders who butcher and scatter my sheep!" God's Decree. "So here is what I, God, Israel's God, say to the shepherd-leaders who misled my people: 'You've scattered my sheep. You've driven them off. You haven't kept your eye on them. Well, let me tell you, I'm keeping my eye on you, keeping track of your criminal behavior. I'll take over and gather what's left of my sheep, gather them in from all the lands where I've driven them. I'll bring them back where they belong, and they'll recover and flourish. I'll set shepherd-leaders over them who will take good care of them. They won't live in fear or panic anymore. All the lost sheep rounded up!' God's Decree."

I have run into this scripture several times in the past week or so. Not that I was looking for anything specific, I had just been thinking about and praying about the wrong path that I believe Pastor Mike and the Elders are going down. I know from experience that when this happens, running into the same scripture repeatedly, something will happen. God is getting ready to move and move he will. I think Pastor Mike is about to find out that God can and will kick him out of the driver's seat and push him to the curb and replace him with someone who will shepherd his flock at TPC and be the shepherd/teacher that God knows that TPC needs and deserves.

D of D

Wow DOD,

I haven't seen that scripture in awhile. It sure fits though... i think i'll join you in praying over that scripture. You are most certainly right when you say God will judge them. Being the stature they are in, God will judge even more harshly. Although, I hate thinking like that. No matter what M&C have done, we do need to pray for "good things" for them.

I was just listening to a CD. I'm wondering if we pray as a group for things to turn around, then maybe the Lord will surely change whatever needs to be changed. OR he'll hit us with a two by four.

ANYONE UP for a group day fast and prayer? Miki

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: May 13, 2009 03:58AM

Yes, TPR, I agree, the messages at TP have been mostly recycled for quite some time. I would even say that most of the little changes here and there are Mike's attempt to bring the Word of Faith doctrine into *familiar* messages. Saddly, it seems that many have bought into it, hook, line, and sinker.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: May 13, 2009 03:59AM

I am a little afraid of how popular the Word- faith movement has become. Casey Treat started with 30 people and now has over 8,000 in attendance. Casey and his wife were ordained to the ministry by Frederick K.C. Price and his church claims to have 17,000 members. Joel Osteens lakewood church has a weekly attendance of 47,000 and also lives in a mansion and travels by private jet like the alot of the word-faith movement rock stars. Osteens famous Quote was: It's not enough to simply see it by faith or in your imagination. You have to begin speaking words of faith over your life. Your words have enormous creative power. The moment you speak something out, you give birth to it. This is a spiritual principle, and it works whether what you are saying is good or bad, positive or negative! Lets not forget Joyce Meyer, she is a rising star in the faith galaxy. And her famous Quote was: There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell! Then there is Creflo Dollar who was the main attraction at Casey Treats vision 2009 conference at his church. Dollars famous Quote is: Because you came from God you are gods- you are not just human. Lets not forget Rod Parsley his famous Quote: There is not one place in the Bible where Jesus ever denied healing to someone who came to Him in faith. Binny Hinn the word faith rock star is famous. John Hagee another. Word- faith movement John Avanzini famous Quote: If Jesus was poor, I want to be poor. if Jesus slept under a bridge, I want to sleep under a bridge. But if Jesus was rich, I,too,want to be rich. Con artist Robert Tilton ring a bell, TV program 20/20 exposed him and he fell, but is making a come back. Marilyn Hickey's famous Quote:What do you need? Start creating it. Start speaking about it. Start speaking it into being. Speak to you billfold. Say "You big, thick billfold full of money." Speak to your checkbook. Say, "you, checkbook, you. You've never been so prosperous since I owned you. YOUR JUST JAMMED FULL OF MONEY." Charles Capps another false teacher. Jerry Savelle his famous Quote: Dear God, I can't wait until I get to heaven to be free from sickness and disease and and sorrow. I found out I don't have any more of that stuff down her, in this world that I'm living in, praise God. Sickness and disease cannot come into my world." Morris Cerullo another false word-faith guy. Paul and Jan Crouch of TBN. Paul's famous Quote: Get out of God's way. Quit blocking God's bridges, or God's gonna shoot you if I don't! Then there is false teachers Juanita Bynum and Paula White. Paula White Quote: Now when God begins to speak to you get up and go to your phone, because God is telling you to give $68.19 for the next 12 months, which happens to be $818-Deut 8:18 says that God will give you the power to get wealth. Todd Bentley another false teacher. T.D. Jakes another false word faith teacher. Essek William Kenyon and Kenneth Hagin are two false teachers who had a heavy influence in the promoting the creating the word-faith movement. Kenneth Copeland is a famous false word-faith movement preacher also. And lets not forget Mike and Cyndi Villamor! So I don't believe M & C are going away anytime soon. They're just weeding out the none believers in their new doctrine and they will just go on as they are because their speaking their own reality into existence. God may choose to let them continue for some time because his timing isn't our timing. God will judge them in his perfect timing. The Mormons and Jw's are still growing strong. All of us must not stop fighting the false doctrines and false teachers that come against the body of Christ from the outside and also from within the inside the body of Christ like the word -faith,positive confession,prosperity movement has!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 04:10AM by buddy.

Date: May 13, 2009 07:04AM

Buddy-

So many people get sucked into the Word of Faith-Prosperity trap because it appeals to their baser instincts. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins. It is also something which most of us deal with at one level or another. When a church preaches that God wants to bless you out of His abundance; that he wants to prosper you - that message appeals to our propensity for greed and does so in a seductive manner. The greedy part of our heart says, "this can't be bad, after all, the pastor says God wants me to be prosperous". I believe this is why you see so many people attending Word of Faith-Prosperity churches. There will be those who will turn away from sound doctrine and toward the teachings of those who say what out itching ears want to hear.

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: May 13, 2009 08:04AM

I don't know if I saw this quote here or not but I love it. Loosely someone said "If it can't be preached anywhere in the world its not the Gospel of Jesus Christ". Word Faith is in the SICK American church!

Date: May 13, 2009 10:34AM

Miki and I would like to invite all the members of the TPC threads to join with us in a day of fasting and prayer this Sunday for Turning Point Church, its pastoral staff, the elders and deacons, and most importantly the congregation. We all have friends and family at Turning Point and we need to pray in unity that our Father in Heaven will open eyes, hearts, and minds to the truth. Each of us can participate this in the comfort of our own home knowing that they are doing this in agreement with others of the forum.

The Bible tells us to love the unlovable. Right now there are some folks in leadership that are acting awfully unlovable, so we need to pray for them. We have been mocked from the pulpit by Pastor Mike, so we should especially lift him up in prayer so that his eyes are opened to the wrong path he is now traveling.

Daughter of Dorcas

Posted by: tell the truth ()
Date: May 13, 2009 01:05PM

buddy
I am a little afraid of how popular the Word- faith movement has become. Casey Treat started with 30 people and now has over 8,000 in attendance. Casey and his wife were ordained to the ministry by Frederick K.C. Price and his church claims to have 17,000 members. Joel Osteens lakewood church has a weekly attendance of 47,000 and also lives in a mansion and travels by private jet like the alot of the word-faith movement rock stars. Osteens famous Quote was: It's not enough to simply see it by faith or in your imagination. You have to begin speaking words of faith over your life. Your words have enormous creative power. The moment you speak something out, you give birth to it. This is a spiritual principle, and it works whether what you are saying is good or bad, positive or negative! Lets not forget Joyce Meyer, she is a rising star in the faith galaxy. And her famous Quote was: There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell! Then there is Creflo Dollar who was the main attraction at Casey Treats vision 2009 conference at his church. Dollars famous Quote is: Because you came from God you are gods- you are not just human. Lets not forget Rod Parsley his famous Quote: There is not one place in the Bible where Jesus ever denied healing to someone who came to Him in faith. Binny Hinn the word faith rock star is famous. John Hagee another. Word- faith movement John Avanzini famous Quote: If Jesus was poor, I want to be poor. if Jesus slept under a bridge, I want to sleep under a bridge. But if Jesus was rich, I,too,want to be rich. Con artist Robert Tilton ring a bell, TV program 20/20 exposed him and he fell, but is making a come back. Marilyn Hickey's famous Quote:What do you need? Start creating it. Start speaking about it. Start speaking it into being. Speak to you billfold. Say "You big, thick billfold full of money." Speak to your checkbook. Say, "you, checkbook, you. You've never been so prosperous since I owned you. YOUR JUST JAMMED FULL OF MONEY." Charles Capps another false teacher. Jerry Savelle his famous Quote: Dear God, I can't wait until I get to heaven to be free from sickness and disease and and sorrow. I found out I don't have any more of that stuff down her, in this world that I'm living in, praise God. Sickness and disease cannot come into my world." Morris Cerullo another false word-faith guy. Paul and Jan Crouch of TBN. Paul's famous Quote: Get out of God's way. Quit blocking God's bridges, or God's gonna shoot you if I don't! Then there is false teachers Juanita Bynum and Paula White. Paula White Quote: Now when God begins to speak to you get up and go to your phone, because God is telling you to give $68.19 for the next 12 months, which happens to be $818-Deut 8:18 says that God will give you the power to get wealth. Todd Bentley another false teacher. T.D. Jakes another false word faith teacher. Essek William Kenyon and Kenneth Hagin are two false teachers who had a heavy influence in the promoting the creating the word-faith movement. Kenneth Copeland is a famous false word-faith movement preacher also. And lets not forget Mike and Cyndi Villamor! So I don't believe M & C are going away anytime soon. They're just weeding out the none believers in their new doctrine and they will just go on as they are because their speaking their own reality into existence. God may choose to let them continue for some time because his timing isn't our timing. God will judge them in his perfect timing. The Mormons and Jw's are still growing strong. All of us must not stop fighting the false doctrines and false teachers that come against the body of Christ from the outside and also from within the inside the body of Christ like the word -faith,positive confession,prosperity movement has![/quote

THIS IS THE ANTICHRIST. THE WORD OF FAITH AND PROSPERITY TEACHINGS ARE ANTI CHRIST. THIS IS NOT WHAT CHRIST REPRESENTS. THESE MOVEMENTS TAKE THE FOCUS OFF THE PRICE THAT CHRIST PAID FOR OUR SINS ON THE CROSS. IT IS ANTICHRIST THAT PEOPLE FLOCK TO THESE CHURCHES THAT SCRATCH THEIR ITCHY EARS AND STRIVE TO BE ROCK STARS AND HIGH SCHOOL POPULAR. THOSE WHO ASCRIBE TO THESE TEACHERS SHOULD BE SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. THANK YOU GOD FOR PROTECTING ME FROM THIS DELUSIONARY VEIL OF DECEPTION.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: May 13, 2009 11:59PM

tell the truth
THIS IS THE ANTICHRIST. THE WORD OF FAITH AND PROSPERITY TEACHINGS ARE ANTI CHRIST. THIS IS NOT WHAT CHRIST REPRESENTS. THESE MOVEMENTS TAKE THE FOCUS OFF THE PRICE THAT CHRIST PAID FOR OUR SINS ON THE CROSS. IT IS ANTICHRIST THAT PEOPLE FLOCK TO THESE CHURCHES THAT SCRATCH THEIR ITCHY EARS AND STRIVE TO BE ROCK STARS AND HIGH SCHOOL POPULAR. THOSE WHO ASCRIBE TO THESE TEACHERS SHOULD BE SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. THANK YOU GOD FOR PROTECTING ME FROM THIS DELUSIONARY VEIL OF DECEPTION.

One of the things that is so scary is that this movement not only attracts the wannabe rock stars but it also attracts the weak and vulnerable. It offers something (or nothing) to everyone! It takes the focus off of what Christ has already done (died on the cross) and intsead puts it on what we want him to do (heal our bodies, prosper our bank accounts....). It is exploiting the sick and the poor. Sounds antichrist to me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.