Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: belongs2Him ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:19AM

Good video.. who is that guy? It definitely spoke to some things going on at TPC.

Mville04
Please watch this video.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: IsI ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:30AM

ps- Mville04:
I like this last video you posted.

Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:41AM

He said Jesus was offensive, mean and upset people and people with out faith disappear and people with faith stay close.

He really said that? Oh boy.

Date: May 12, 2009 08:46AM

I have three words for the video that Mville04 posted the link to "PREACH IT BROTHER!" That video was right on. But the sad thing about it is, the words at the end of the video were even more right on. Pastor Mike Villamor doesn't get it, but what is worse Pastor Mike does not care.

I have not always appreciated Mville04's videos, but this one was awesome!

Daughter of Dorcas

Date: May 12, 2009 09:35AM

buddy
TPWOC sermon for Sunday May 10 Great Faith-a Mothers Great Faith by Pastor Mike is now on line TPWOC web site. Pastor Mike said he recieved a prophetic word from God when he came back from sabbatical and that is TPWOC will be the most happy, most free, most gracious, funniest people in the northwest.He speaks it over you, so you know its true. What gift did Pastor Mike give the women at TPWOC for Mothers day? Pastor Mike gave a reinactment of being circumcised on a dining room table without a scalpel. Pastor Mike tells the ladies to leave the room. Mike then screams really loud like he just cut it. Pastor Mike's scream sounded like Howard Deans scream during the past election! Pastor Mike said his Mom birthed greatness. Does Mike have a brother? Or was he talking about himself. What a humble guy. Pastor Mike said pride is not a issue. I believe Pastor Mike said that your great faith covers your mistakes. Did he forget to read 1 John 1:9. I believe this great faith stuff Mike believes in has turned into his power source and he believes he can control Gods will just like the false word-faith teachers like Casey Treat. Pastor Mike says to speak it out, thats a term the false teachers like to use. They believe you can speak out your reality through your words through your power of faith. I believe Pastor Mike said that the issue is not of Gods sovereinty, but we can adjust Gods time table. Just stir up your faith. Pastor Mike I believe said that he takes Gods place in the car and Mike takes Gods seat or place. You must advance your faith by stiring it up. We must move in faith mode. God is always willing to bend to faith. Mike said faith will be tested by silience and by offense. I believe it's why he ignores people and its hard to get a appointment with him. The more offense the greater faith. I believe Pastor Mike said that offense is the filter through the only way faith can pass. He said Jesus was offensive, mean and upset people and people with out faith disappear and people with faith stay close.( So what ever you do don't leave TPWOC or you won't have Great Faith like Pastor Mike)

Buddy,

I am not defending Pastor Mike, however, your comments are not what Pastor Mike was saying. He said that God might allow him to drive the car and God could choose to sit in the back seat, but that in no way meant that God was not in control and could not kick him out of the drivers seat whenever he wanted. Pastor Mike's sermon was about the great faith of mothers and how they carry the weight of the world, their families, etc., on their shoulders. He was teaching the story of the Canaanite woman and how Jesus used the test of silence, timing, and offence to test her faith. Does the muddy water start to clear so you can begin to see a clearer picture of what was Mike was preaching? Pastor Mike was talking about how this woman refused to give up or be offended, humbling herself to get the miracle her daughter needed to be cured. He cited the following:

Matthew 15:21-28

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."
Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

"Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Sorry Buddy, I think you read to much into the sermon.

Jesus tested the woman with a test he knew she would pass. Jesus treated the people he healed as individuals, and dealt with each person differently based on their level of faith. Some people's requests were granted when they asked (Mt 8:2-3); some were healed without asking for it (Mk 5:1-13, 25-29); some were asked if they believed Jesus could heal them before they were healed (Mt 9:27-30). Jesus may have done this to teach the woman and the disciples: the woman learned that she could always trust in God's love and mercy, even when her requests were not immediately answered (something Jesus taught the disciples in Lk 18:1-8), and the disciples learned that God's salvation and mercy were extended to the Gentiles as well as the Jews.

I may not agree with everything going on at TPC, but I am not going to complain about Pastor Mike preaching a sermon which is meant to teach women that petitioning God for something on behalf of your children is okay, and that prayer with faith can cause God to change his time table for doing things. It was Mother's Day and he preached a Mother's Day sermon about how God has a special place in his heart for mothers and will listen to and act on a mother's prayer -- even if that means changing his time table. I guess maybe you would have to be a MOM to get it.

Sorry Buddy this time you were wrong.

Daughter of Dorcas

Daughter of Dorcas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 09:47AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Posted by: Miki ()
Date: May 12, 2009 10:33AM

Sorry Daughter of Dorcas, I've got to go with Buddy on this one. My husband and I listened to it. What Mike preached was not about unity in Marysville which the Marysville Pastors are trying to do. Mike actually said the Women of TPC would stand out. Mike has preached like this for years. He preaches that only TPC people will Stand out and that people will come to "them". However, when you leave the church, as we have experienced, you become a non-spiritual and little faith person. As long as you don't go to TPC, you are nothing!

For example... a little bit of our family testimony.

Someone bought us a house under their name, but it was "Our home". We paid the mortgage, taxes and insurance. They took the tax breaks.... I asked about that once. But he has is own business and he needs the tax break. Every month a certain amount went to a side account. (Just to let you know, we were late on our payments after my husband hurt his back and had back surgery) One day, the husband calls me us to tell me to be home on this certain day. I asked why? He said we're getting the house inspected. I asked why. He said well it's not yours anymore and we're using the equity to finish building out the condos. I said. Whoa, wait a minute! This is our house. His exact answer was not anymore. You don't attend TPC. So I told him to pay all that we put in for almost 3 years. He said NO. Because we were really naive, we didn't have anything written. We lost almost 5,000 and our home. We decided not to continue to pay rent and we might as well leave because we can't keep having all these TPC people around our neighborhood ignoring us or walking through our lawn, etc. We moved where no one knew. We didn't give out our address.

The other thing is that M&C and others didn't know how abusive his wife was. She yelled abusive things and slapped me once. A great TPC woman who "stands out".......

Sorry DOD, I really have to be with Buddy on this one. His discernment is correct and right on. Hope you understand.

Oh and the almost $5,000.... their was no bank account for it. There was no savings for what we put in. However, M&C backed them up!! Pretty honest people, huh?

Date: May 12, 2009 12:38PM

Ahhh, now Miki you are talking about Pastor Mike's need for "butts in seats" to fund his McMansion on the hill. If people leave TPC without replacement "butts" to pay the tithe, then income drops off and salaries are not quite as lucrative as they could be or would be if those "butts" had stayed in their seats, so of course Pastor Mike has a financial interest in not wanting folks running for the doors. That is why his plans on starting his own denomination and his apostleship were not widely known outside of the leadership and SOMA students until after the sabbatical. Pastor Mike has issues, but last Sundays sermon was a Mother's Day sermon I heard him preach long before the Stewardship Campaign or his need to be something beyond a good senior pastor of a community church. There were a few minor changes, but not so many that I didn't recognize the recycled sermon.

Have Pastor's Mike and Cindy hurt innocent people with their snobbery and selfish ambition -- yes they have. Will they have to answer to Jesus on Judgement Day -- yes they will. Am I glad that I am not Pastor Mike or Cindy -- oh boy am I ever so glad not to be them! Does God use the righteous and unrighteous for his own purposes here on earth -- yes he does. Will God allow Pastor Mike and Cindy and the leadership of TPC to go on hurting people? I doubt it. If nothing changes, Pastor Mike and his cronies will show up for church one day just to find that they are the only ones there and that everyone left. God will deal with them. How many times does God's word have to tell us that he will deal with shepherds who fail to care for his flock? How many times does God's word have to tell us that those who pretend to be teachers but who act in a manner that is self-enriching will be brought down? It is not a manner of if God will deal with TPC leadership, it is a matter of God's timing, which ironically is something that Pastor Mike included in his sermon on the Cannanite woman. God is never late and his timing is always perfect.

God knows you were cheated and that there is nothing the people who were involved can do to pay you back for the hurt and betrayal you have gone through. But God can -- and he will. So turn this matter over to him and he will find a way in his time to bless you far beyond the $5K that was stolen from you. I will pray that God will bless your socks off at his earliest convenience and for his glory.

I guess the interpretation of Pastor Mike's sermon must be open to interpretation based on your experience with the people at and the leadership of TPC.

Daughter of Dorcas

Date: May 12, 2009 01:18PM

My two cents, for what they are worth.....I just listened to Tp's Mother's Day message, and I think that I have to agree with D of D. Certainly, it could be picked apart, and there were a couple of little things here and there, but nothing really note worthy that was *off*. I too, remember hearing Mike preach this same message in the past. I don't believe that this one was laden with inuendo, or secret messages for those who've left, or any warnings for others not to leave.

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: May 12, 2009 03:54PM

Dear Dorcas thank you for your comments. I do not have to be a Mother (mine died when I was 10 years old) to understand Mikes sermon.If you would know how the Word-faith people think and the terminology and language they use then you would see. Mike has been moving in this direction for some time and he believes in the word -faith doctrine. Why would he be having one of the most famous word-faith people (Casey Treat) of one of the biggest word-faith churches in our state come to TPWOC. Also mike has word-faith people already in place in leadership positions. Don't you see. What help me to see is to listen to Casey Treat preach and other false word of faith teachers. I know sometimes I might read a little into something that is why i say i believe because I am trying to think like Mike, but mike is real sneaking about his sermons. I believe mike reads to much into his sermons sometimes. It took 4 years to finally catch on to mikes false teaching .That is how he has slowly brought this false word-faith positive confession prosperity teaching in. And maybe I have the gift of knowlege and know what mike is thinking. But again maybe i don,t. But I try to understand Mikes and his sermons. Was there some good stuff (teaching) for Mothers. YES! Was I wrong. i don't know, I believe i was not, but if i was I am sorry.I just do what God has called me to do. And that is to expose false doctrine and false teachers. And I have fun doing it! I believe you also have been wrong on some of your post but I will private e-mail you to talk about it. I am not a expert on every subject on this forum. And I am not going to act like one.

Date: May 12, 2009 10:13PM

buddy
Dear Dorcas thank you for your comments. I do not have to be a Mother (mine died when I was 10 years old) to understand Mikes sermon.If you would know how the Word-faith people think and the terminology and language they use then you would see. Mike has been moving in this direction for some time and he believes in the word -faith doctrine. Why would he be having one of the most famous word-faith people (Casey Treat) of one of the biggest word-faith churches in our state come to TPWOC. Also mike has word-faith people already in place in leadership positions. Don't you see. What help me to see is to listen to Casey Treat preach and other false word of faith teachers. I know sometimes I might read a little into something that is why i say i believe because I am trying to think like Mike, but mike is real sneaking about his sermons. I believe mike reads to much into his sermons sometimes. It took 4 years to finally catch on to mikes false teaching .That is how he has slowly brought this false word-faith positive confession prosperity teaching in. And maybe I have the gift of knowlege and know what mike is thinking. But again maybe i don,t. But I try to understand Mikes and his sermons. Was there some good stuff (teaching) for Mothers. YES! Was I wrong. i don't know, I believe i was not, but if i was I am sorry.I just do what God has called me to do. And that is to expose false doctrine and false teachers. And I have fun doing it! I believe you also have been wrong on some of your post but I will private e-mail you to talk about it. I am not a expert on every subject on this forum. And I am not going to act like one.

You know Buddy, I believe that you are right in what Mike believes. I agree that he very subtly and sneakily moved the word of faith doctrine into TP. I also believe that he has become arrogant, and is blatent with his message now. I don't believe that he tries to hide it anymore. He eased the body of TP into this false doctrine so that now, he can say anything, and no one questions him. It's easy to see from the outside (that's one reason the majority of new people don't stick around beyond a week or two). I don't know why he went back to this old message (perhaps it was the number of guests they were expecting for Mother's Day?) but I didn't hear Mike saying all of the things that you posted......yes, he likely thought them all, but he didn't say them. Not this time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.