Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Date: January 30, 2011 03:43AM

Saddened
nooneofanyimportence
So the way it works as far as my understanding is, the elders signed an agreement to pay the building fund back the money they used as severence packages. Unfortunately for the congregation, the eldersa arent going to pay it back out their own pockets, it will come out of the churchs money, money given as tithe and offerings to do Gods work. so many people who gave to the building fund in the first place, will be paying to replace it themselves , of course they probably dont know this. I think this is really unethitical practices by people who think themselves, righteous.

You are absolutely correct. In reading and researching church finance, I found a lot of information about the practice of borrowing from a designated fund of donations, such as a building fund, the practice is less than ethical and most churches avoid the practice by not even considering that as an option even in a crisis. It was also stated in a number of books by different authors that if a church solicits donations for a specific purpose, such as a building fund or real estate property purchase, they must use the money for the exact purpose the funds were asked for and donated for. If circumstances change and the reason the funds were given is not going to occur then a church must go back to the donors and ask if they can transfer the funds to another fund or the general fund or offer the donor a refund of their donation. Mismanagement of church finances does not relieve the obligation or duty to use donated funds for the purpose the funds were donated. TPC needed to ask the donors for approval even if they planned to repay the Stewardship Fund for the loan. They did not do that. As D of D has pointed out, the donors to the TPC Stewardship Campaign were taken advantage of by a greedy power happy senior pastor. The current leadership at TPC is not any better.

Saddened
we were told we were going to possess the land for God and His children, not for mike and his ambitions, I didn't sacrafice, and I do mean sacrafice, so that Mike can make his dreams come true,, and live comfortably in texas, while we still have to give up things to make it, that money sure would come in handy right now. I feel sorry for people like the moors family, who were bullied into buying mikes old house. and told they were disrepectul and untrusting to want an inspection done on mikes old house before they bought it. only to find after purchase, it full of rats. and many other defects. and now they cant even pay for it, will probably lose it. but what the heck, we lifited up our apostle , so he can be comfortable. we made sure he lives the life of ease. thats what honor is all about, at least thats what we were taught. the bible says anyone who demands honor doesnt deserve it. We honored a man who dishoners all those who honored him. the wicked shall flee when noone is chasing him hmmmmm

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 31, 2011 07:57AM

D of D

Visited the church I mentioned to you previously. It was awesome. I just cried. You are an intercessory aren't you? God Bless

Posted by: misleadsoul ()
Date: January 31, 2011 10:31AM

Well all of this is new to me. I just realized that most of my life has been controlled and I have been mislead by pastors and leaders who call themselves men and women of God.
The idea of being in a cult is scary to me. I had attended TPC for a few years and had realized that what had been taught there was affecting my walk with Christ. I also lost a very close relationship to me because of the belief in dicipleship and control. I understand that being accountable is good, but to the point where you are told how to live, is the part I question? Also there were things in leadership I noticed was going on, that was not Biblical. Where to go from here? Does any one know of any good churches in the area?

Date: January 31, 2011 02:29PM

Okay News flash. TP Business mtg Building Fund Accounting. Hang on people. At the meeting it was stated that only one person asked for their money back. Then later 4 people were mentioned. I happen to know for a fact that more than that asked. NOW WE ALL SHOULD MOVE FORWARD WITH ASKING FOR OUR MONEY BACK. They sheep were told they could ask questions in certain catagories, but not others. WHY? WHAT IS STILL BEING HIDDEN?

TPC Building Fund Accounting

Income - 895581.77
Interest- 12159.38
Total 907741.15

Expenditures:
Consulting Fees 51,918.30 - This is what TP paid the Stewardship people to tell then how to ask for money.
Celebration Banquet/Hospitality 30,356.98 - This is what TP spent on food and thank yous
Administrative Fees 15,898.93 - What the heck is this?
New Property Searches 6,558.43 - Okay, maybe legit
Shuttle Purchase 7,652.56 - Shuttle purchased, then sold. Did money go back into the Bldg Fund?
Move to the Jr High 169,900.44 - Trailers, chairs, sound equip, batteries, generators etc... ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
SubTotal 282,285.64 Yikes

Preschool Ministry 6,345.50 - How is this considered part of the building fund? ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
Child Care Center 16,559.80 - This is completely seperate entity, why did it get money for PTL? ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
SOMA Remodel 44,357.14 - Is SOMA part of the Bldg Fund? SAME AS ABOVE
Childrens Ministry 40,4663.89 - This may have purchased a trailer and bouncy houses- ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
Worship Ministry 7,142.52 - YES this has to be part of purchasing a building
Sub total 114,871.85

Landscaping 2,269.01- HMMM
Property Loan Payments 233,765.97 Okay maybe
Loan & Appraisal Fees 7,535.00 Okay maybe
Sub Total 243,569.98

Loan to General Fund 59,000.00 (Severance Packages) There should be major outrage here.
Less Payments on Loan - 10,900.00
Sub Total 48, 100.00

Sub Total all expenditures 688, 827.47 ------ How much of this went to purchasing a building?

Total Income 907,741.15
Less Expenditures -688,827.47
Total Left Cash on Hand 218, 913.68

Cash in Cascade Bank account - Siezed by bank 167,468.83
Edward Jones Account (Available to spend) 51, 444.85
Total 218, 913.68

Loan History for only the severance packages - 59,000.00
Repayment amount with interest 64,042.00
Less Payments from general fund -10,900.00
Total Loan Balance 53,142.00

There you go folks- Can the facts be wrong. Nope we were all duped. Come on get mad at this injustice. I am, and I will be asking for a detailed accounting and for my money back again. How can TP get away with this? Dont be stupid sheep that dont ask questions. Who will stand up for injustice?

Date: February 01, 2011 02:30AM

Misleadsoul:

I visited the Marysville 4-sq church on state Ave. yesterday. It was so refreshing and I could feel the Holy Spirit's presence so much I cried. I so missed this at TP. Another church I heard was great is the New Life Church in Everett. D of D mentions in a previous blog that she is going to a 4-sq church in Arlington. See her previous blog. I do hope TP can eventually be rebuilt but some things need to be addressed in a forum with the current members and members that left.

1. If Pastor Jackie was addressed of misappropriation of funds before the whole congregation than the false accusations toward here need to be addressed in front of the whole congregation.

2. All leaders that were taught the harsh misconduct of authority towards others need to be there to repent in front of the congregation . This includes all ALL staff members because many were affected by this.

3. Accounting of how the Stewardship Campaign funds were utilized should be be distributed to the congregation (current and former members) to reflect how these funds were utilized and why. If the congregation was told that funds were earmarked for land, structures and a future new building than it should have been done. If people that contributed to the Stewardship campaign want their money back due to misappriopration of funds it should be given back.

4. False doctrine was introduced to the congregation (Faith Movement and Possibility Thinking). The root of these false doctrines are occultic. This invited demonic forces into the church. Repentance should be done and the church resanctified to remove this presence.

Again, most of the above should be done in an open forum with the leaders and congregation present. If honesty and open discussions were accomplished I believe the rebuilding can start. God Bless.

Date: February 01, 2011 02:47AM

This is the most recent tweet from Mike Villamor's Spiritual Son:

"Great churches are not built on the gifts and talents of a few, but on the sacrifices of many!"

Those of you who gave to the building fund: "Thank you for your sacrifice. Love Ya, Mike. PS The weather is great down here in Texas"

Hey Jeff,

The Great Church is built on Jesus Christ. Get your theology and your doctrine straight. You need to have Mike's DNA removed from your soul.

Date: February 01, 2011 03:43AM

TurningPointReject

"Great churches are not built on the gifts and talents of a few, but on the sacrifices of many!"

Those of you who gave to the building fund: "Thank you for your sacrifice. Love Ya, Mike. PS The weather is great down here in Texas"

Hey Jeff,

The Great Church is built on Jesus Christ. Get your theology and your doctrine straight. You need to have Mike's DNA removed from your soul.

I believe that most these guy have no clue who God is or what Jesus taught, they get their theology out of books others have written an believe that just becuse this book was published and sounds good to them, its the truth, then the go around teaching out of that book, I have seen it many times. so really thier false doctrine is not theirs but someone elses the just parrot, it sounds good, makes them and others feel good about themselves, gives them a hope, unfortunatly any hope other then in God is temporay, and unsatisfing . lots of these young preachers teach out of john bevere and others more then out of the bible

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 01, 2011 03:52AM

misleadsoul
Well all of this is new to me. I just realized that most of my life has been controlled and I have been mislead by pastors and leaders who call themselves men and women of God.
The idea of being in a cult is scary to me. I had attended TPC for a few years and had realized that what had been taught there was affecting my walk with Christ. I also lost a very close relationship to me because of the belief in dicipleship and control. I understand that being accountable is good, but to the point where you are told how to live, is the part I question? Also there were things in leadership I noticed was going on, that was not Biblical. Where to go from here? Does any one know of any good churches in the area?

Welcome to the Forum "misleadsoul". Please feel free to share your experience at TP in more detail with us. Thank you for having the courage to share with us. I would love to hear more. How was TPC affecting your walk with Christ? How did the belief in dicipleship and control effect the relationship you had with that very close person. Please share what you saw in leadership at TPC that was not Biblical. Good luck on finding a church.There are some wonderful churches in the area. Alot of people on this Forum attend some of those churches. We will be praying for you!

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: February 01, 2011 04:22AM

nooneofanyimportence
TurningPointReject

Hey Jeff,

I believe that most these guy have no clue who God is or what Jesus taught, they get their theology out of books others have written an believe that just becuse this book was published and sounds good to them, its the truth, then the go around teaching out of that book, I have seen it many times. so really thier false doctrine is not theirs but someone elses the just parrot, it sounds good, makes them and others feel good about themselves, gives them a hope, unfortunatly any hope other then in God is temporay, and unsatisfing . lots of these young preachers teach out of john bevere and others more then out of the bible

Thanks for bringing that up "noone" . I wasn't surprised to see a person on staff at TPCWOC attending last weeks conference with John Bevere and promoting others to go. After false Apostle Mike Villamor used his book to promote the covering of the Apostle with the double honor teaching. One little side note, "there was claims at the same conference the gold dust was appearing on people" . If you where one of the lucking ones to attend you where blessed with hearing from a real for goodness Apostle and had the opportunity take a little gold dust home with you! Maybe the leadership at TPCWOC could use some of that gold dust to pay us back the money we gave to the building fund!

Date: February 01, 2011 11:03AM

I would and did Property Searches 6,558.43 for Ron Olin for free. If TPC paid a dime for someone to do these, and I was told they had contracted with a realtor (I think from within the congregation) to scout properties then they got ripped off. Most if not all commercial realtors do this for FREE!!! They get paid when a property they suggest is sold and then they get paid by the seller, not the purchaser. Not a legitimate expense! Administrative Fees $15,898.93 a questionable expense that is hiding what the money was really spent on. Landscaping where? At Mike's house? I think the Landscaping expense of $2,269.01 needs some specific explanation. Like was this on the properties across the street from the church? I don't really remember any landscaping being done. I do not consider any of these as part of the Stewardship Plan as explained to us by Ron Olin:

Preschool Ministry 6,345.50 -
Child Care Center 16,559.80 -
SOMA Remodel 44,357.14 -
Childrens Ministry 40,4663.89 -
Worship Ministry 7,142.52 -

None of those ministries were ever a part of the Stewardship campaign and had nothing to do with building a larger church on the 8th street campus site. So $114,871.85 of these misused funds should be reimbursed to the Stewardship fund.

So it appears that Jeff was not telling the truth when he told my husband and I that TPC did not have the money to refund our entire Stewardship donation. Big surprise, someone in TPC leadership lied.

I want to see the back up for all these figures. I want to see the details because it looks to me everything that we alleged all along was true. Money from the Stewardship Fund was spent for goods and services instead of cash for land. As I have said before, fraud is fraud.

D of D

nooneofanyimportence
Okay News flash. TP Business mtg Building Fund Accounting. Hang on people. At the meeting it was stated that only one person asked for their money back. Then later 4 people were mentioned. I happen to know for a fact that more than that asked. NOW WE ALL SHOULD MOVE FORWARD WITH ASKING FOR OUR MONEY BACK. They sheep were told they could ask questions in certain catagories, but not others. WHY? WHAT IS STILL BEING HIDDEN?

TPC Building Fund Accounting

Income - 895581.77
Interest- 12159.38
Total 907741.15

Expenditures:
Consulting Fees 51,918.30 - This is what TP paid the Stewardship people to tell then how to ask for money.
Celebration Banquet/Hospitality 30,356.98 - This is what TP spent on food and thank yous
Administrative Fees 15,898.93 - What the heck is this?
New Property Searches 6,558.43 - Okay, maybe legit
Shuttle Purchase 7,652.56 - Shuttle purchased, then sold. Did money go back into the Bldg Fund?
Move to the Jr High 169,900.44 - Trailers, chairs, sound equip, batteries, generators etc... ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
SubTotal 282,285.64 Yikes

Preschool Ministry 6,345.50 - How is this considered part of the building fund? ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
Child Care Center 16,559.80 - This is completely seperate entity, why did it get money for PTL? ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
SOMA Remodel 44,357.14 - Is SOMA part of the Bldg Fund? SAME AS ABOVE
Childrens Ministry 40,4663.89 - This may have purchased a trailer and bouncy houses- ASK FOR DETAILED ACCOUNTING
Worship Ministry 7,142.52 - YES this has to be part of purchasing a building
Sub total 114,871.85

Landscaping 2,269.01- HMMM
Property Loan Payments 233,765.97 Okay maybe
Loan & Appraisal Fees 7,535.00 Okay maybe
Sub Total 243,569.98

Loan to General Fund 59,000.00 (Severance Packages) There should be major outrage here.
Less Payments on Loan - 10,900.00
Sub Total 48, 100.00

Sub Total all expenditures 688, 827.47 ------ How much of this went to purchasing a building?

Total Income 907,741.15
Less Expenditures -688,827.47
Total Left Cash on Hand 218, 913.68

Cash in Cascade Bank account - Siezed by bank 167,468.83
Edward Jones Account (Available to spend) 51, 444.85
Total 218, 913.68

Loan History for only the severance packages - 59,000.00
Repayment amount with interest 64,042.00
Less Payments from general fund -10,900.00
Total Loan Balance 53,142.00

There you go folks- Can the facts be wrong. Nope we were all duped. Come on get mad at this injustice. I am, and I will be asking for a detailed accounting and for my money back again. How can TP get away with this? Dont be stupid sheep that dont ask questions. Who will stand up for injustice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 11:10AM by Daughter of Dorcas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.