Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: GREG HUTH OF RADIANT LIFE CHURCH
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 10, 2008 05:46AM

Onevoice ,

" What I saw of Greg Huth was all show. He came out to the Budget Inn outreach all dressed up and looking more like an undercover cop than a servant to the people there. He didnt interact with the residents of the Budget Inn. I suppose they were not his type. He walked around like he did in church and people living there were asking who does this guy think he is. You wont see these phony types like Greg talk to street people because they will pull thier covers quick.People on the streets can spot a phoney a mile away. The children of darkness are wiser than the children of light you know. I think Greg was there to pray for the sick or cast out demons or something. Anyway he didnt talk to anyone he just walked around looking HOLY and SUPERIOR".

Though I totally understand what you are seeing and the appearance that it had to you, I would hope that we can do our best to keep these posting legit and true. Not so much based on "conjecture" (the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof and,.. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation) This is not to say that your, mine or anyone else's opinion is not important, because it is. I believe this forum is becoming a "TOOL" that can help liberate others and the more truth in testimony is expressed in a valid and positive TONE, I believe others will begin to post. Whatajoke is a great example and testimony of this. He has become a very constructive element to this forum and a good helpful tool.

You all are to hold me accountable to this as well. I do not want my personal emotions to "run- a- muck" here. It will not benefit anyone of you if I start doing that. So please check me when I do. I know that Whatajoke and Matt would have no problem doing that. LOL Anyhow, Thank you Onevoice for your posting though. ONce again, what you experienced and saw I have seen as well many times. The sad part is, is that I played that game too. I did not even realize that I was positioning myself as Holier than thou at times. It is what I was imitating. I will admit this... Even when I preached the Gospel of my Lord I was doing a lot of it out of selfish intent. I wanted to get the numbers and the admonishen of Tony and others. After a while though, it began to get literally sick in my heart and stomach over it and eventually stopped preaching. Anyhow......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 10, 2008 07:49AM

Deja Vu
Onevoice ,

" What I saw of Greg Huth was all show. He came out to the Budget Inn outreach all dressed up and looking more like an undercover cop than a servant to the people there. He didnt interact with the residents of the Budget Inn. I suppose they were not his type. He walked around like he did in church and people living there were asking who does this guy think he is. You wont see these phony types like Greg talk to street people because they will pull thier covers quick.People on the streets can spot a phoney a mile away. The children of darkness are wiser than the children of light you know. I think Greg was there to pray for the sick or cast out demons or something. Anyway he didnt talk to anyone he just walked around looking HOLY and SUPERIOR".

Though I totally understand what you are seeing and the appearance that it had to you, I would hope that we can do our best to keep these posting legit and true. Not so much based on "conjecture" (the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof and,.. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation) This is not to say that your, mine or anyone else's opinion is not important, because it is. I believe this forum is becoming a "TOOL" that can help liberate others and the more truth in testimony is expressed in a valid and positive TONE, I believe others will begin to post. Whatajoke is a great example and testimony of this. He has become a very constructive element to this forum and a good helpful tool.

You all are to hold me accountable to this as well. I do not want my personal emotions to "run- a- muck" here. It will not benefit anyone of you if I start doing that. So please check me when I do. I know that Whatajoke and Matt would have no problem doing that. LOL Anyhow, Thank you Onevoice for your posting though. ONce again, what you experienced and saw I have seen as well many times. The sad part is, is that I played that game too. I did not even realize that I was positioning myself as Holier than thou at times. It is what I was imitating. I will admit this... Even when I preached the Gospel of my Lord I was doing a lot of it out of selfish intent. I wanted to get the numbers and the admonishen of Tony and others. After a while though, it began to get literally sick in my heart and stomach over it and eventually stopped preaching. Anyhow......

Ryan,

Your last post here sounds like a rebuke of the RLC kind. This was onevoices testimony, she heard people saying, who does this guy think he is". Whether you believe it to be conjecture or not, it is her testimony. What about your posting about NPD, is that fact? No offense to all who posted about NPD because there are some similarities, but is it a fact? While I agree we need to keep to our first hand experiences, we none the less shall allow people the freedom to speak of there feelings. Something we all have not been able to do for quite some time.

Posted by: one voice ()
Date: August 10, 2008 09:03AM

Deja Vu Thank you for responding to my post. Forgive my strong reaction to your response but I do not see why you made that comment about conjecture.Are you suggesting that we are not to post our experiences unless we can prove them? I was not the only witness to Gregs behavior at the Budget Inn, I was only giving my feel for him and I was taking my lead from a question you asked in an earlier date on this topic. You asked if anyone had had personal negative experiences with him and I felt this qualified. I have had other interactions with him and they were the same. I looked back at the previous posts on this topic and there are many conjectures as you say including yours. Suggesting the Huths swayed your friend was possibly conjecture seeings you were not there to hear the dialogue. I know I sound defensive but I have to say this. Your response sounded a little rlc-ish. I know I am definately still hypersensitive to any controlling behavior or what I perceive to be controlling. You said in your quote above that WAJ has become a constructive element. It sounds like he was not always constructive by that comment. I believe many like myself have been DEEPLY wounded by rlc and some will come on and just let loose because they have no where else to go. All Tonys devilish teachings about not " going to Bob" or not going around "venting" have left many of us bottled up with emotions. I felt that Greg was representative of the whole rlc leadership style which disregarded the nobodys like me and gravitated to the ones that made them look good and that added to thier own agendas. Gregs behavior at the Budget Inn was just a snapshot of that and I felt it may have bearing on why someone may want to give him a black eye. Im guessing of course on that. Anyway had to put this out there. Please remember Deja Vu many of us are without any other outlet but this right now and we cant be expected to walk a tightrope here. We just got off that wire and I for one just need desperately to be heard. I need to know that it matters that I was overlooked by the Greg Huth types and they need to hear this as well I believe. I hope you read these Greg and Keli. The highest expression of leadership is servanthood and I for one saw none of that in either of these 2 leaders at rlc, Sorry for the negative bent to this message. Something struck a nerve. I am awkwardly trying to not do the rlc crap of not saying anything negative. Please forgive me if I went over on this one.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 10, 2008 09:57AM

Deja Vu
Whatajoke is a great example and testimony of this. He has become a very constructive element to this forum and a good helpful tool.

I appreciate the compliment. Please understand that the purpose and focus has changed and that has allowed me to get to what we are really here for. Prior to that there was alot of distraction with SpeakTruth and Loves posts so alot of time was spent dealing with them rather than pushing forward with the real focus of exposing the misteachings and destructiveness of RLC. I am glad that we are all pushing forward now. I believe I had a purpose here in the time that you may not think was constructive and a purpose now. Prior to you and Ringbarer coming on here there was alot of denial from people trolling through here. There still is but you and others have put much substance to what you are saying.

Date: August 11, 2008 10:03AM

Free2bme and OneVoice............. I totally agree with your posts. I too had a long post in response to DeJaVu and his comment about conjecture and how constructive my posts have been. I am not sure why Deja and Ring state that my posts were not constructive before but don't really want to distract from the purpose here by arguing about it. I believe they were constructive before. Even to the extent of getting others to post here and getting rid of the distractions (trolls and apologists) I believe we should be free to share and post here and I believe that your posts was not conjecture. I think there is something to say about perspective and discernment. It exists. Let me tell you that my wife had it from the beginning by seeing the people at church and how they acted. No one hurt her specifically but that is because she knew from the beginning. And I hate to say this but people get judged every day in court on conjecture. There are many times that people get prosecuted based not on direct evidence but on circumstantial. Most of us have alot of direct evidence in our experiences at Radiant Life. We also have lots of circumstantial that when added to the direct evidence is a mountain of mess at Radiant Life. And when you talk about conjecture, heck we elect our presidents and politicians based on conjecture. We know what they have done but we don't know what they will do so we form an opinion based on what we know they have done. This is based mostly on direct and indirect experiences. So anyway, I know I am rambling and none of this probably makes sense but I don't think I understand the whole conjecture comment. I think we get the message that we are on here to heal and testify and to make sure and testify on things we have experienced, observed, or valid testimony from others. For me, much of what was wrong at RLC in the beginning was appearances. It just so happened that it all played out. So anyway, I believe that every post will have a tad of conjecture but hey we cant be afraid to come here and express what we feel inside. RingBarer, you brought up Dennis Ott. I can tell you that based on what I saw from him he was a tony worshiper. I didn't know him but I observed things. He played like secret service agent in church with Tony. A matter of fact me and my wife used to kid each other about that. Now is that what he is really like, I don't know but it is part of my feelings and experience at RLC. OneVoice and Free2bme, I think you did a good job with your posts. You stated the people at Budget Inn said and thought. hey they are no dummies just because they are down in life. Anyway Deja I hope this post does not come off as an attack. You have been awesome on here!!!!!!!!!!! I just think we should have the freedom to post. Greg Huth has been a wretched, evil man and that is based on personal testimony from many people. Keli is riding the Tony worship bandwagon and not real. Conjecture? maybe but based on alot of life experience and observation and personal experience. Whew.............. I just looked back at all I wrote.

Date: August 11, 2008 10:26AM

1con·jec·ture
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈjek-chər\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin conjectura, from conjectus, past participle of conicere, literally, to throw together, from com- + jacere to throw — more at jet
Date: 14th century
1obsolete a: interpretation of omens b: supposition
2 a: inference from defective or presumptive evidence b: a conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork c: a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved

I thing the judgement here would be was the inference based on defective or presumptive evidence? Was it guesswork? I think in Free2bme and OneVoices situations it was not. It was based on what they saw and heard. I think this is the last I will post on this. I just wanted to help clarify. Sorry for the distractions as this board is about Greg and his part in all of this.

Date: August 11, 2008 01:11PM

one voice

Deja Vu Thank you for responding to my post. Forgive my strong reaction to your response but I do not see why you made that comment about conjecture.Are you suggesting that we are not to post our experiences unless we can prove them? I was not the only witness to Gregs behavior at the Budget Inn, I was only giving my feel for him and I was taking my lead from a question you asked in an earlier date on this topic. You asked if anyone had had personal negative experiences with him and I felt this qualified. I have had other interactions with him and they were the same. I looked back at the previous posts on this topic and there are many conjectures as you say including yours. Suggesting the Huths swayed your friend was possibly conjecture seeings you were not there to hear the dialogue. I know I sound defensive but I have to say this. Your response sounded a little rlc-ish. I know I am definately still hypersensitive to any controlling behavior or what I perceive to be controlling. You said in your quote above that WAJ has become a constructive element. It sounds like he was not always constructive by that comment. I believe many like myself have been DEEPLY wounded by rlc and some will come on and just let loose because they have no where else to go. All Tonys devilish teachings about not " going to Bob" or not going around "venting" have left many of us bottled up with emotions. I felt that Greg was representative of the whole rlc leadership style which disregarded the nobodys like me and gravitated to the ones that made them look good and that added to thier own agendas. Gregs behavior at the Budget Inn was just a snapshot of that and I felt it may have bearing on why someone may want to give him a black eye. Im guessing of course on that. Anyway had to put this out there. Please remember Deja Vu many of us are without any other outlet but this right now and we cant be expected to walk a tightrope here. We just got off that wire and I for one just need desperately to be heard. I need to know that it matters that I was overlooked by the Greg Huth types and they need to hear this as well I believe. I hope you read these Greg and Keli. The highest expression of leadership is servanthood and I for one saw none of that in either of these 2 leaders at rlc, Sorry for the negative bent to this message. Something struck a nerve. I am awkwardly trying to not do the rlc crap of not saying anything negative. Please forgive me if I went over on this one.

One Voice and WAJ, I am grateful for your posts and do not at all think you are responding in attack. Please continue on. Once again, we are posting thoughts and opinions. WAJ, what I meant by "now being constructive", is just to say that the tone has changed dramatically and a lot more people I believe are desiring to post now. BTW: I have had 5 personal interactions with people recently who said that they started posting because the forum changed and some of them said that they now are "thinking" about posting as a result of the attitude change. That is a REALLY good thing. I am not at all saying that you were not constructive before, and if I did forgive me. What I am implying is that it is important to stay as truthful as possible. Have you ever talked to someone who just were spouting there mouth to you out of emotion only and you sat there thinking," this person is crazy!"?. ( btw, WAJ, I do not think you are crazy. lol) I know this... I read these forums about two years ago, maybe a little less and I did not want to read it because while I was hurt at RLC, I did not want to go down the road of bitterness either. I think many people are in the same place. They want healing, you know what i mean? I will say this though to WAJ credit, at the right time, your post encouraged me to write because I did not want to see you and others remain hurt. It GRIEVES ME to see people hurt so bad.

Onevoice, the swaying of my friend was NOT conjecture. It is fact. This friend of mine told me directly the very conversations and how they were said and delivered. She told me how it made her feel and how it confused her. That is truth, not opinion without facts. All I am saying onevoice, before I am put in the RLC category again, is that it is very important I believe to make valid points backed by truth. Absolutely! Otherwise, when this information that we are putting on here is put to the test by others, we can have integrity and honesty and ultimately have validity behind everything that we say. WAJ is correct in this though;

: "I believe we should be free to share and post here and I believe that your posts was not conjecture." I do believe it is important to be able to express yourself and I am not trying to control this forum AT ALL. I have no desire to in fact. I have been the first one to really push the fact that your opinions matter and the freedom to post. I am just trying to get across that YOUR VOICES matter and are heard!! How they are received by othersis up to every one of us that write on here. Its up to us. I am encouraging you and others to try and consider other readers when we post. Anyhow, I hope you get the point I am making because I am tired of trying to explain my position. Just do what you feel is right! I will support all of you either way.

Date: August 11, 2008 01:31PM

Thanks DejaVu for the post and clarification. Again, you have been a great influence on here and it is great to hear that people are letting go of their fear as a result. And yes, my attitude has changes as a result even if I get a bit edgy at times. You know from being on here that people are dealing with all different places in their hurt and as a result will react to posts in many different ways. Sometimes it will be defensive because of all the programming from RLC. Some people are not deep into their healing and if it even remotely sounds like RLC rhetoric will put their guard up. I was one of those and am still capable as you saw from my recent posts here.

And Deja just know you are cool on here and I think everyone knows your position. We just might be a bit jumpy at times. Everything was so controlled and hierachial at RLC that we are trying to break free. Later dude. Thanks for all the help you have given to me. Hopefully, I will open up enough to really put down everything I experienced.

Date: August 11, 2008 01:38PM

whatajoke
Thanks DejaVu for the post and clarification. Again, you have been a great influence on here and it is great to hear that people are letting go of their fear as a result. And yes, my attitude has changes as a result even if I get a bit edgy at times. You know from being on here that people are dealing with all different places in their hurt and as a result will react to posts in many different ways. Sometimes it will be defensive because of all the programming from RLC. Some people are not deep into their healing and if it even remotely sounds like RLC rhetoric will put their guard up. I was one of those and am still capable as you saw from my recent posts here.

And Deja just know you are cool on here and I think everyone knows your position. We just might be a bit jumpy at times. Everything was so controlled and hierachial at RLC that we are trying to break free. Later dude. Thanks for all the help you have given to me. Hopefully, I will open up enough to really put down everything I experienced.

Thanks WAJ. Your right in what your said, "Sometimes it will be defensive because of all the programming from RLC. Some people are not deep into their healing and if it even remotely sounds like RLC rhetoric will put their guard up." I know it will happen and I will try and keep that in mind. Thanks for your input.

-Ryan-

Date: August 12, 2008 05:23AM

Deja Vu
I have a question for all of you who have posted about Greg Huth:

" Have you all had a personal negative experience with him?"

I ask this because I find it strange that there would be so much attention regarding him. Not saying that it is right or wrong, just unusual.

I personally have no REAL personal negative or positive experiences. I knew them primarily through Kelly. I really liked her. Alot of fun and enthusiastic, BUT like most of the rest, very superficial in relationship. It has proved itself out since I left. I still had a lot of fun around her. It seems that all of the relationships are church based. Greg is an intersting one though. He was nice to my face and even gave me a leather jacket that I still have today. It was givin when everyone was trying to impress Tony and trying to impress God during all of those Gaps. Trust me, I did the same type of crap. "Who can be the most generous and give the best thing away?" Anyhow, I had a hard time trusting Greg after things he said about my wife and I behind our backs to our friend Jen Chesterman. She was living there with them for a few months and when she decided to move out and want to rent from us, she was told that we were dangerous in other words. She was told that our marriage was on the rocks and that we were NOT a GOOD INFLUENCE for her and could not "GIVE HER" what she needed in regards to a family home unit and atmosphere., etc. She was STRONGLY encouraged NOT TO MOVE IN with us. I will tell you, she really struggled with that for a while. She KNEW us and our marriage and loved us as friends. She knew me for almost 15 years. She also knew God wanted her to rent from us for a while but Greg brought confusion to her. She eventually stopped listening to him and did what she felt was right.

What I think? I just think he was feeling insecure because almost everyone who lived with them wanted to move out and did just that. She was another one. PLEASE HEAR ME! I am not saying anything in regards to how Jen may feel or not feel about the Huths. That is for her to say, not me. I am just telling you a situation that is funny in many ways. Take care guys and girls? ( I put a question mark because I still do not know who some of you are ) You could be guys or girls. :):) LOL

-Ryan-

In regards to this recent posting, my wife brought it to my attention that this posting could sound like Jen Chesterman has hurtful feeling towards the Huths and that I may have communicated certain implications of her feelings for them.. I cannot speak for her and I should have not posted her name and brought her into it. Though the information is true, it was not right for me to involuntarily involve her. So I want to apologize for that and to her if she is reading this.

Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.