Current Page: 14 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 07, 2007 02:15AM

Liverpoolwriter I went to one on Aintree racecourse like that of a bloke called Benson Idahosa. He turned up in a limo and did the begging thing ..He was boed of the platform by the scousers it was great. We nicknamed him Pastor Bucket.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: March 07, 2007 03:02AM

Bruised not Broken I am in a lot of pain today too. It brings it all back doesnt it? It has been a long time since I thought about all this stuff. But I know if just one person that is in KCF can identify with our pain and get free then it was worth it.
Love to u all we have all been through this and we are not alone....

Date: March 07, 2007 03:47AM

The second half of the story..... I find this episode totally deplorable,disgusting and downright evil. and yes, to think one person is a social worker the other an ex teacher. well done dave&cheryl.... I got permission to share this as the person does not have access to the web. When Trina went, the other person pulled the black stone out of the bag. Can you imagine how that person felt, I'll tell you how because she shared it with my wife. She went home and went to her childrens bedrooms and kissed each one of them and give them a hug, because she truely believed she was going to die.. can you imaginethe feelings she had inside her?. I'll leave it there and get back with the rest of the story later.

Date: March 07, 2007 04:43AM

Hi Dave,
Its seems so crazy .... Like something out of a Hammer Horror Film...
I feel so sorry for that person , imagine waiting to die, that is such mental abuse and done to the kids... Very serious stuff.. It has took me back into the horror of it all coming on here. But our voices need to be heard, not just for us but for all the hundreds of people who left this fellowship . My heart has gone out to them for many years.
I would appeal also to any ex-members to come on this sight and share your stories. This is the time of freedom and setting free. You dont have to stay in the dark anymore. They can not hurt you anymore their power of abuse is broken . We are not afraid of them anymore......

Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: March 07, 2007 06:07AM

I disappeared today and went out to the shops with my daughter and two of my grandkids...and found my mind wandering towards all of these situations being written about. There seems to be no escape from it all. While today wasn't such an emotional day for me...it still preoccuped my mind! How do you all cope with this? Do you find you keep re-thinking and re-living your personal experiences? I really do get so angry with myself for being sucked in to such a controlling and abusive church. I hope you won't mind if I share a bit of background....

I was happy as a child and adult worshipping in traditional churches but as I got older I began to learn of this deeper walk with the Lord and being "born again"...and my search for this "experience" at first was a very fulfilling one. But after a few years I became judgemental of Christians who had not been filled with the Holy Spirit and I moved away from such a great group of Christians in my traditional church. It was at this fork in my faith journey when the journey became a very personally focused one. I went from one exhilerating meeting to another, one conference to another, one high to another high....and all the hype that goes with that kind of church involvement. I eventually was in a very controlling church where there were a lot of important Christian values that were not observed by the leadership and I moved on to KCF. Well the rest you will already know.

It seemed such a great place of peace and harmony initially...I met and fellowshipped with a lovely group of people. I had a most memorable weekend at Sandymount where the co-operation and "fellowship" of the church folk seemed so very genuine and attractive to me. That made my mind up and I became a part of KCF.

My search for a deeper faith took me down some very windy roads and what initially seemed like a great journey has now become a path filled with lies, manipulation, sadness, confusion, tears, regret.....the list goes on. I feel robbed of the closeness I once felt towards the Lord....but also feel I got my just desserts....I guess guilt is my common assessment of how I feel now. I am angry at myself and angry at those who dangled the carrot, so to speak, and my experiences ended up destroying the faith I was seeking in a deeper way. Sorry to go on at such length...I am not finding it easy to explain this at all.

I know that many have carried on in another church and I am pleased for you. I am not left without faith....but I'm not left with a deeper faith either, iyswim. I wanted to explain to you all where I am atm. I believe in a loving God, not a complex God, an accessible God who loves me and whom I love. My emotional response to him is diminished...stolen is the only way I can put it...and I feel a lot like Mary at the tomb of Jesus when she asks "Where have you taken my Lord?" I think I'll just press "post reply" now...at the risk of total :oops: :oops:

I guess KCF folk would feel they'd succeeded in their assessment of anyone who left the fellowship....and that's the part that really troubles me! They would believe I have been turned over to the other guy!! I don't want to believe that at all....but those thoughts just won't go away!

Yep...hit reply kid....you've said too much already...... :? :oops: :?

Date: March 07, 2007 06:16AM

If this story wasn't so sad with what happened to trina&other lady, The background is awful. These two people had been accused of spreading 'roumours' about a sweet girl who was fostered by the doyles. She was about 15 at the time. They accused them of saying she had a life outside of the fellowship, seeing a non-christian boy etc. They made these two people go through this, with the subsequent scars they carry to this day, believeing they where liars, gossips, etc. It turned out it was true, this young girl who had come from an abusive background herself, was sneaking out and seeing someone else. what happened next will just show what type of people they were/are. The girl was caught comming back 'home' they confronted her and she done a 'runner' in the night. I have no idea were she stayed, but she came back some time later, and they had changed the locks on the front door, so she could'nt get in. Nice eh?. .... I was at a 'leaders' meeting when all about the girl doing a runner etc came out. we were then to my amazement were told they had 'burnt' this poor kids bible.. why on earth, I don't know. The really sad thing though, was that i sat on my arse, like the rest of them there and didn't say a dickie bird about it. I am ashamed

Date: March 07, 2007 07:24AM

So what your saying Dave these people had been trusted by the authorities to act as responsible parents and they changed the locks ,so their vulnerable 15 year old foster daughter became homeless. Still considered to be a child by law because she was under 15. Now Im Gobsmacked and mortified.
All this reminds me of how I felt when all theses things were going on in the fellowship. I still feel very disturbed by this it was worse then cos there was nowhere to run... I couldnt make a cat homeless let alone one of my children. Where is the Love? thats all me and another person at the time (they know who they are!) used to talk about. The most basic of things that normal parents naturally have for their children , how much more are christians expected to be loving and how much more are leaders entrusted with vulnerable souls ,expected to love ...

Posted by: yetigoosemonster ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:42AM

Hi all,
Its interesting that the KCF website has deleted all the latest news section...

Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: March 07, 2007 01:46PM

Thanks for the pm's BBC and David....yes, your prayers are appreciated. I am sad that my recent post seems to play into the hands of the condemners in KCF and I hope if anyone from the fellowship who is currently a member does read my post they will realize it's not my leaving the fellowship that has caused my current state of belief...it is the corrupt lies and brainwashing of trusted church leaders!

I felt this morning...I just need to make that point...shifting the guilt and negative feelings I have to where they belong...in the lap of the leaders in KCF and other abusive churches/organizations. They have much to answer for.

And as for the case of the foster child....it has made me cry! How do they reconcile their actions with their Christian faith and the responsibility that was entrusted to them!

Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 07, 2007 06:54PM

it is not for us to feel guilty, and bad because of our inaction. If, when you were there you would ave done somethin, then u only would ave got punished and if u adn't ave left then, you would have gone back in longing for acceptance again and ended up in a worse state that u r now.
Leadership in the fellowship is an illusion, leaders are only minions who cant think for themselves and are at cheryl doyles beck and call until she's bored with them.
We all were brainwashed an manipulated, its not our fauly- we didnt realise it was happening.

I don't think we should feel guilty for another person's sin. Lets face it there is somethin mentally wrong with that woman- i think the word is sociopath if u wanna put a label on her. Its sad that she's had so much control, but its a web of lies and deciet- and it easy to get caught.

Current Page: 14 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.