Current Page: 84 of 95
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Date: September 19, 2021 05:14PM

Isawtheway

All of them do it, don’t they? When you think of it, it’s totally dishonourable behaviour, they clearly have no consciences. Or sense of protecting people’s rights to confidentiality which is part of the process that people need to work out their problems, a safe sounding board, knowing that person cares and is on your side. Utterly treacherous behaviour.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: isawtheway ()
Date: September 19, 2021 07:55PM

You are right in what you are saying, it happens quite often and by the time people have figured them out the damage as been done. I think that is why a lot of people nowdays put up a shield and try not to give to much away especially if they have been betrayed before by someone they have confided in.
Some people thrive on gossip and they are so wrapped in it they don't realise the damage they are causing.

Date: September 22, 2021 03:28AM

The problem is they are so addicted to gossip, that they actually “don’t care” what damage they have caused to others, also this relates to a lack of empathy for others, which is a symptom of high narcissistic traits or psychopathy. I think if you have stayed in an environment like that for decades, it impacts on your mental health.

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: October 05, 2021 09:10PM

If you stay in an environment like that for decades, it will cause you to become depressed, with zero self esteem, with an overwhelming need to serve and people please. That is not living! It’s existing as a slave to the whims of the fellowship. Many know they are trapped, but do not have the courage to escape. It’s so sad even Dave got out in the end, just imagine the courage that took? Poor Dave finally got free and then died I find that heartbreaking, I don’t think he was a bad man, on the contrary, just misled.

Posted by: Mork ()
Date: October 06, 2021 04:26PM

I see Hillsong have been investigated and there's enough evidence to charge their founder, Brian Houston, with concealing information about sex offences. So cases are now being brought for covering up sexual abuse, not just the abuse itself. These are historic claims from the 70's, not recent. You can read about it here. The Catholic Church may finally be forced to face up to its past sins too.

There was a study into child abuse in religious settings which you can read about here. Be warned; it is dreadful to read. It does, however, mention a few things I'd like to highlight.

“the concept of forgiveness can be misused, both to put pressure on victims not to report their abuse and to justify failures by religious leaders to take appropriate action where allegations have been made.”

“We saw a few rare examples of internal quality assurance by religious organisations themselves. These include examples of audits, inspections and reviews arranged by the organisation. Such reviews and audits recognise the need for oversight of child protection arrangements, as well as the need to address past failures.”

If you think something inappropriate has happened to you or someone you know, I would urge you to talk to someone outside for support and an objective viewpoint. Only you can decide whether to report something to the authorities or not but please do get some support.

For anyone who does want to access support there is a new service specifically for those who have been abused in a church setting. You can access it here.

There is a Safeguarding Sunday this coming weekend which you can find information about here.

Date: October 06, 2021 06:43PM

[youtu.be]

Here is more information about what happened at Hillsong. I remember KCF thinking this church was “ the bees knees”. They always used to play their videos before and after meetings. This really does show a lack of discernment which they pride themselves on.

Date: October 06, 2021 07:03PM

Another person who KCF followed, I remember going with them to Birmingham to see him. They thought he was a wonderful “Prophet of God” who carried Kathryn Kuhlmans
Mantle of anointing. How wrong could they have been. People wake up! There is plenty of evidence in this video.

[youtu.be]

Date: October 06, 2021 07:12PM

Yes I remember we used to watch endless videos of all his teachings, like they were the gospel truth at KCF, just another corrupt false teacher we had shoved down our throats. However it was all an illusion, just like the foundations that KCF was built on. The evidence is out there.

[youtu.be]

Date: October 06, 2021 07:39PM

I remember we were told by KCF this guy was the “Real McCoy” and all the teachings we received at one time were based on what he taught. For years I bought all his videos thinking they were real. Then his nephew Costi Hinn exposes him, well done Costi.

[youtu.be]

Date: October 06, 2021 08:45PM

Wow how brave and courageous is Costi Hinn? To come up against the “Hinn family” that he likened to the Royal family or the Mafia. Again narcissistic behaviour is evident throughout the Hinn organisation. I watched a video on Benny's wife divorcing him “out of the blue”. Then 3 years later they remarried.

The whole point of Costi’s story is standing up for the truth. That is why I left KCF, too many things were “dodgy” you only have to read this whole site, to see people’s stories. But it takes that kind of bravery to stand up for the truth and escape. What saddens me is that people have been seriously harmed, in the name of Christianity. Some still suffer the long term effects caused by abuse, and some have died, left out in the cold. Shunned by their Mothers and Fathers , because they made a mistake when they were young and naive. Shame on you Mothers who sacrificed their children, to be shunned. Where is the love of Jesus in that, and what for? False teachings, false doctrines and dodgy leaders. To not loose face, so you could climb the ladder in the fellowship. You sacrificed them… Shame on you. However I am not the final judge, but when the time comes you will have to answer for that.

Current Page: 84 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.