Current Page: 77 of 77
Re: Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: ALongTimeAgo ()
Date: November 17, 2020 09:51PM

I’m not sure the cartoon I mentioned has uploaded. That’s a shame! I’ll describe it instead.

It has four panels. Both depict two eagles sitting on chairs opposite each other, one reading a paper, and the other drinking a cup of tea.

The first panel has the first eagle saying, “Do you think the owl is a predator?”

The second panel has the second eagle replying, “Of course not. He’s never bothered me,” and the first eagle answering, “exactly.”

The third panel has them both sitting in silence.

The last panel has the first eagle saying, “No idea what Mr. Mouse was going on about.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mork ()
Date: November 17, 2020 11:35PM

Cartoon shows fine for me. (Perhaps others have a different experience of it?!) Very true. What really boggles my mind is our view of ourselves, the person we think we are, the shape of us if you like. Trump thinks he's the good guy, We all think we're the good guy in our own story. I have very different experiences of people who have been named here, I think it would be best if I keep that to myself from now on though!

I'd love to see some of the old teachings through new eyes. I'm pretty sure me today wouldn't be half as overwhelmed. Are they still up on YouTube?

It's perhaps one of the hardest lessons to learn; that we're all a bit of a grey area. Everyones behaviours can be a bit up and down, kind to people one day, unkind the next. It's all a bit murky. If someone consistently behaves in a controlling way or violates our boundaries consistently (like I've experienced at this cult), then it becomes a problem. What can we do though? I'm not sure I believe that there's been change either until there's some sort of acknowledgement. We're all getting older and dying, its getting too late. What if there's never anything back?

Posted by: I can see ()
Date: November 26, 2020 10:47PM

I've long since given up waiting for an apology or acknowledgement.
I just want to point people to use their own minds and think.
It's well known how bad it's been at kcf hence their reaching out to kirkby of recent years if you catch my drift. I and many of us know full well kcf attitude to those outside there door.
You would be quite weak to believe God has a special interest in kcf especially of the dodgy proclivities of it main chosen one.
You don't have to belong to the hard of thinking ones.
So happy to see that these posts are so avidly read.

Current Page: 77 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.