Current Page: 23 of 45
Re: Guru Swami G
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:46AM

Let's keep in mind that the topic of this thread is not "realization" or philosophy, but rather Swami G. and her group.

Please stay on topic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Guru Watch ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:48AM

Hi John: Yes it is my personal opinion that this teacher is realized.

Zen monasteries in Japan life is very hard, In the Christian world being a monk is not always easy, Zen slap.

or an Andrew Cohen slap (I felt like slapping myself after meeting him-just kidding)

These seem to be old notions of spirituality. Where you have to break the students ego for Enlightenment to occur. This practice was never necessary for Enlightenment to occur. If this were the case, thousands of monks in monasteries would awaken every year.

When Enlightenment occurs it is usually inspit of all the conditions imposed on the process by non-realized teachers.

And as Ramana Mharshi used to say, if you got rid of your shadow where would you put it? I hope I quoted the right source.

John, your response was most appreciated. I hope you keep posting.

Regards,

Posted by: John A. Lobur ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:01AM

rrmoderator:

I'm not sure who you take "we" to be. People can read what is written here and conclude whatever they like. Since I cannot edit my post I would like to point out for the sake of honesty that the $35k price for the condo is inaccurate. In the end, however, it is really nobody's business. Years ago the Guru invited those here at the institute, if there is so much concern, to call or visit to check things out for themselves. To my knowledge no one has bothered to do so.

All I know is that in 5 years and several visits I have not observed anything illegal, unethical, immoral or deceitful, and I don't expect to. I think this is probably all I have to say on the matter.

--JL

Posted by: diddly ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:26AM

Some further considerations for John and those that still, after all these concerns, need some more examples:

~ She prohibits that anyone read ANY spiritual book, religious book or philosophical works OUTSIDE of her limited list (which has about 10 books or less). What books DOES she approve? Of course her own, then those that speak to "crazy wisdom" or hold what she views as "like her teaching". This is called CENSORSHIP and TAKING AWAY OF BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. North Korea limits what it's citizens are allowed to read, watch or be exposed to. All in the name of a "better society". Your teacher says her list, which you are FORBIDDEN to stray from, is to "limit confusion". It is true, what she is saying, because her teaching doesn't stand up to the rest and if you were allowed to reason for yourself, you'd eventually come to the same conclusion. She is acting as nothing more than a dictator, only you've ascribed to it "holyness". Also, if you read them (and have the guts to admit to it), you're excommunicated from the group.

~ She shares your private information. Did you know that, John? Those "counseling sessions" you have, she shares details about them with her inner circle (not to mention that members of that "inner circle" are often present IN THE ROOM when you are having a session on Skype). I know so much dirt on people (which I would NEVER tell, so please don't feel as if I am holding this above you as a threat ... you are already being vicitimized ... I will not vicitimize you any further) that it's amazing to me. She shares counseling information about EVERYONE. Did you know professionals (who are licensed ... is she licensed?) would lose their license for such abuses of private information and violating patient confidentiality in the real world? They'd not be allowed to practice again and would also likely incur lawsuits. However, your teacher (who preaches equanimity and balance) freely shares people's private information, not only in day to day communications, but details shared in PRIVATE counseling. You pay $100 dollars an hour to a woman that is NOT LICENSED / NOT TRAINED / NOT EDUCATED / HAS NO DEGREE OR CERTIFICATION, but she also SHARES YOUR PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. And she's shared mine. When I left the group, sending her a PRIVATE email to address the concerns I had about her, not only did she post that email in HER GROUPS, she then shared PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT MY FAMILY GLEANED FROM COUNSELING FOR HER GROUP TO SEE. It is called, since it seems this needs to be spelled out for you, AN ETHICAL AND MORAL VIOLATION.

~ As for a financial audit, you would need to start with her ONE student that gives her the majority of her day to day living monies, her food monies, her spending monies, her business venture monies, her car monies, her motorcycle monies. He pays mostly by credit card for the odds and ends, so unless you have access to his credit card statements (is she claiming her gifts on her taxes?), you will think the woman is pretty poor off. But, GUARANTEED, she is not claiming these "gifts" on her taxes. He pays for it, she gets it, and then she gets your donations on top of it. (You CAN ask for a tax return, John. Did you know that? But you won't and she's counting on that.) Not to mention, once again, her disability payments. The woman is well off, but she loves to play the card of "woe is me, I have no money, send a donation or hit the road" while her ONE student freely spends for her every wish and desire. So, IRS be forewarned, she's a slippery little thief and simply follow the "gift trail" to get a wider perspective.

~ There was a death, a suicide, many, many years ago. Shock, I know. No one talks about it (likely because the majority of those that are present were not present when that happened). Apparently, your teacher who has such a handle on psychological disorders, met a woman that was pretty bad off. Your teacher treated her for Kundalini. She reacted quite poorly to your teacher's help. Shortly after meeting her, she had a break down and committed suicide. Now, I am in no way delluded into thinking your teacher is responsible for what another does, but would like to a) note her influence, b) note your claim she is able to diagnosis, treat and help those with psychological disorders (as is evidenced by her taking the liberty to treat a student in her home by taking him off of his psychiatric meds, advising others to get off them or not get on them, and providing counseling / addiction services), and c) her reaction to the suicide; it was cold, indifferent and dismissive. I'd tell you to ask for the transcripts of this incident (which was in another group in days long past), but I'd doubt you'd ask and I doubt she'd give you full access to not only her comments, but the great care and concern many people in that group had about her reaction to the woman that passed away.

~ Along similar lines, you cannot say what damage was done to the person she treated by taking him off of his meds in her home. You cannot say because he left. You simply don't know the damage she has caused IN HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE because you can't reach out and talk to them. They become dead to you, your group and your teacher. Yet, they are alive ... some with far reaching affects due to her abuse ... and you are TOTALLY UNAWARE. So, quiet your mouth about there being no far reaching affects. You are quite ignorant, naive and blind to the reality.

~ All things considered, it is only a matter of time before there is a lawsuit brought against your teacher (based on counseling violations alone, not to mention treating someone without a medical license, sharing private information that was given in confidence, tax issues which include taking of monies and gifts which are not accounted for, and [as if this need be pointed out even more] peronal liability for causing undue financial / emotional / psychological hardships, among others ... oh, let us not forget defrauding the VA for a non-existent condition ... unless it is, and she is therefore defrauding YOU.)

~ Have you ever gone to see a psychiatrist, psychologist, medical doctor and/or trusted person OUTSIDE of the group to get a full body / full psyche perspective while IN her group? No. You know why? Because she FORBIDS that any one get counseling (unless its her own), sees a psychiatrist / psychologist to glean a better understanding of their own personal history / propensities / blind spots, believes she can "cure" you thru her own means, methods and ideology... and then you want to talk to me about dellusion? FIRST, leave your group, THEN you will understand your own dellusion and we can discuss. (Also, as a side note, there are so many teachings out there John ... most are in direct contradiction to her own ... even Ramana Maharshi, who she loves to stake claim to, contradicts her at every turn. Read about him, in detail, and see for yourself. Hurry, before she forbids you to read it!)

Should we keep going? You have to remember that I was there for 7 years. At least 6 of those spent in close proxemity to your teacher. My examples are vast, varied and many... I've simply got an inexhaustible supply.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 03:38AM by diddly.

Date: June 26, 2013 03:56AM

John, please ask your teacher to POST HERE (or PUBLICLY provide) the following:

~ Tax returns for at least the last 3 years.

~ Financial statements for her organization.

The good public (the tax payers that subsidize her non-profit group) is here and anxiously awaiting her "proofs of ethical financial behavior".

Thanks.

Date: June 26, 2013 04:07AM

By the way, her RICH student (the one she freely takes monies and gifts from, under the table as it were) paid for her house. She's simply living on his dime.

Date: June 26, 2013 04:09AM

John A. Lobur:

"We" would be the people posting on this thread and reading your posts.

Wow! "Five years" invested in "Swami G" and counting.

From the videos online she seems like little more than a con artist. Hardly, "realized" about anything. Though she does appear to realize that being a guru is a good business and it beats getting a regular job. Oh, and of course there is the jewelry and free place to live.

You can believe whatever you want, but in my opinion Swami G. seems to fit well within the profile of a "cult" leader.

"Nobody's business"?

This essentially means that there is no meaningful accountability to anyone and nobody but G. really knows where the money goes.

And your comments about her supposed respectability and perceived character reads like a mantra recited by a cult member about their beloved leader.

Sad, but nothing new.

The fact that those that have left the group can easily see what's wrong with Swami G. and you cannot would seem to indicate that you have largely lost your ability to critically evaluate her and/or the group.

Again, this kind of sing-song of praising the group leader is cult-like.

Most people can find serious shortcomings and faults concerning their leaders. They can also cite the big mistakes their leaders have made.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 04:15AM by rrmoderator.

Date: June 26, 2013 04:13AM

diddly:

Thanks for offering balance to the mantra recitation on this thread provided by diehard devotees.

Your shared information is illuminating and the questions you ask are thought-provoking.

I don't expect Swami G. will provide any paperwork publicly on this thread or anywhere else on the World Wide Web.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 04:17AM by rrmoderator.

Date: June 26, 2013 05:10AM

(Shrugs) -- she told us everything. Everything. She also had oral surgery in Mexico paid for by contributions made at the birthday retreat a year ago. So what? The kind of teacher you have to watch out for are the ones that hide stuff. She could have disappeared for 2 months and reappeared all thin and pretended to have gone on a diet. If I recall it was a matter of life-threatening diabetes.

John, she readily admitted that "I can't stop eating. If it is in front of me, I will eat it." And now she wants to "treat" addiction. She required gastric bypass surgery to "treat" her SYMPTOMS (obesity, diabetes and various health problems), but NEVER DEALT WITH HER ADDICTION AT ALL. And now good people are paying good money to a woman that can't overcome her own additions, but are following her adivce to overcome theirs. AND YOU ARE BLIND TO THE GLARIING CONTRADICTIONS.

I was about to respond to more, but I realized based on your response, it is all too familiar (read my posts in this very thread from years back where I, too, was scared, lost and ready to defend a known liar [she lied right to me ... and in that moment I saw her true colors], hypocrite ["do as I say not as I do": like work whille I don't, don't use meds while I do, be honest while I lie, stop with the drama while I scream, don't see astrogloers / new age readers while I do, meditate while I don't, etc, etc] and troubled woman as you are doing now). Don't worry, she's already sent me to hell (so I've heard, and as is to be expected, that she sent me on my way to hell ... that sweet lady) and Grace is lost to me. Cause, you know, she controls it all ... or so she'd like you to believe. Find yourself a BALANCED teacher if you require one ... one that lets YOU think for YOURSELF ... but don't tell me that you aren't scared, hiding behind your hopes, afraid to share the truth, hiding behind your own secrets which you must keep or else risk being kicked out and sent to hell / lose all Grace, or that you aren't secretly reading / searching / hoping to find the strength to leave ... or find some way to stay blind to what you see as horrible inconsistencies day in and day out. You have already forgotten where I came from ... what I have seen ... what I lived ... and are under the fear based arrogant, blind, naive and ignorant assumption that I am lost and under some great, ego driven spell. It works for you and your group; it has to, or you'd leave. Here, in my life, I can see the wolf hiding in sheep's clothing and her condemnation is seen as nothing more than a desperate attempt to keep a spell held in place by a broken, troubled and confused woman.

Did you know Ramana Maharshi, her claim to fame, actually spent 17 years in a cave AFTER his "realization" before coming out and starting to "share", sitting in meditation that whole time? We can't say what his "state of mind" was, only hold the man she claims as similar to her in close comparison ... and she fails even to look like his toenail. Your teacher can't even hold still or shut up, not to mention the fact that she spent all of a few days before "going forth into the world with messages of hope and peace" after her guru said "hey, you're realized" (please, once again, see her history and her lineage's history of judging "realization"). Her messages are not hopeful, her behavior is not peaceful and her inability to see it all reveals she requires the services she provides (meditation, counseling, therapy, etc) more than those that follow her. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day, some day, you will come to your senses. I'll be here, make no doubt about it, readily welcoming you back into reality. Until then, carry on in your fairy tales of contrived happiness, peace and holyness which your teacher's behavior (cue wild gorilla screams) and actions (many are provided in these threads) simply contradict and BEG of you to see them for what they are.

My best to you,
Holly
xo

Date: June 26, 2013 05:14AM

Thank you moderator.

"The Master said: Watch their actions, observe their motives, examine wherein they dwell content; won't you know what kind of person they are? Won't you know what kind of person they are?" ~ Confucius

Current Page: 23 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.