Current Page: 95 of 155
Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:05AM

'But what about the other income streams from the Harmonic Wealth Coaching, Success Certain Coaching, and all the other product streams?
Where is that going?'

My guess is that it is long since laundered and has swum offshore. He would have spread a fair bit around the family perhaps to keep them onside and not asking too many questions but it will need a forensic accountant to track where the bulk of it has gone.
He might have some small legit business ventures, unconnected to the JRI business model and most definitely registered in someone elses name, but that won't support the lifestyle he expects as his due.

Perhaps thats why he looks so haggard in his new vid, he's been staying up nights making sure that all his ill-gotten gains are securely parked in a numbered account, safe from the many civil suits he is going to lose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - where's your money gone?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:37AM

Even the little cryonics guys have lists of places and ways to stash money offshore.
[forum.culteducation.com]

[www.benbest.com] www.benbest.com/cryonics/offshore.html
"One government that is very aggressive in soliciting offshore trust business is that of Belize (in Central America). Belizean courts will not recognize the claims of foreign creditors, of marital partners or of divorcees -- or any US court order. Belize trusts have the unusual feature that one person can be Settlor, Trustee, Protector and Beneficiary of a trust. Belize also offers "Economic Citizenship" (ie, a second passport for $75,000 or more). Information on Belize offshore trusts can be found at:"

Date: March 25, 2010 04:53AM

Cassandra Yorgey has another article on the police interview with Amarya Hamilton, the owner of Angel Valley:

[www.examiner.com]

Date: March 26, 2010 09:05AM

The autopsy report findings, as released to the public:

[www.azcentral.com]

There has been some discussion regarding CNN reports that the coroner had ruled the deaths 'accidental', later corrected to include the fact that JAR was still to be tried for three counts of manslaughter.

The following pdf was posted to the saltydroid blog and gives some explanation for the use if the term 'accidental',

'In most states the acceptable options for manner-of-death classifications are:
Natural
Accident
Suicide
Homicide
Undetermined (or "Could not be determined")'

[www.healthvermont.org]

Posted by: Hippo ()
Date: March 26, 2010 10:40PM

Thank you for the welcome and the virtual glass of lemonade.

I wanted to make a comment on the parallel between the O. J. Simpson case and the James Ray case.

A poster named Christa brought up the issue of the defense spending possibly tens of thousands of dollars to dig up information on the police officer, Mark Fuhrman, purjuring himself.

If I recall correctly, the defense did not do that--a screenwriter named Laura Hart McKinney came forward voluntarily with this information because she was hoping that the publicity from the trial would allow her to sell a screenplay.

Without going into all the sordid details of the Simpson case, I am hopeful that James Ray does not have access to the same money/resources that Simpson did, and that the case will not attract so many people on the periphery who are opportunists.

I was bewildered by the Fuhrman/McKinney issue, and discussed the case at the time with my sister. I said, "Okay, so Mark Fuhrman called somebody a n***** ten years ago, so that means O. J. didn't do it?"

Obviously I'm over-simplifying, but the situation was absurd.

James Arthur Ray - Twitter STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU
Date: March 27, 2010 12:18PM

James Ray continues to make his idiot tweets, the only value of which are the clever responses from others.
[search.twitter.com]

Here you have James Ray, a New Wage conman and sociopath Tweeting his secrets of the universe, and he can't even spell basic words.
Its existence, not existense. Its literal, not litteral. The only LITTER is the trash being put out by James Ray's warped mind.
Did James Ray finish even basic school, or did he drop out as a teen? No wonder James Ray attacks people with an "education", as he is so insecure of his own obvious lack of even the basics.

[twitter.com] JamesARay: "This intention and feeling continuosly held will increase and intensify until brought physically into the relative plane of existense"
"Intention creates a Spiritual Prototype which is a litteral vortex on the sub-atomic scale"

And the nonsense about the Quantum Vortex, one has to wonder who James Ray is TARGETING with that drivel.
Abraham-Hicks have all kinds of material about their idotic THE VORTEX that doesn't exist, and they seem to be able to get large numbers of New Age people to believe it. That goes along with the Zero Point nonsense and related products.

James Ray is targeting the most credulous lowest common denominator in the New Age scamfest, the most vulnerable people out there in the market.
Its the real sociopaths who can only be stopped by walls made of bars, if not behind bars, they never stop.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: March 27, 2010 02:04PM

Hippo, you do not recall correctly.

Patrick James McKenna was a private detective hired to assist the other investigators working with Simpson's defense team. Through a contact, he discovered the existence of tape recordings held by a woman called Laura Hart McKinney, who worked as a professor at the North Carolina School of Arts.

The recordings had been made over a period of six months, ten years previously, when McKinney lived and worked in Los Angeles. There, she had done a lot of journalistic work revealing racism and sexism in the LAPD She had met Mark Fuhrman one evening at Alice's Restaurant in Westwood and struck up a friendship with him. She was intending to use the tapes as a basis for a screenplay she was writing called Men Against Women.

[www.trutv.com]
Mark Furhman's use of the word "nigger" does not mean OJ Simpson didn't do it. Furhman's denial under oath to the direct question "have you used the word nigger at any time in the past 10 years" means that he's a perjurer, because tape recorded evidence proved that he had used this word in the last 10 years.

The situation was not absurd in any way. Fuhrman was questioned; he answered. Then his own words on tape revealed he'd lied under oath. When someone lies under oath, all of their testimony must be thrown out. The court can't say, well he lied about x, but we're pretty sure what he said about y is true. There is no way to be sure what was true and what was false.

Or would you prefer a system that convicts people because other people "just know, can just feel in their guts" that the accused did it, so he totally deserves to go to jail, even when key witnesses commit felony perjury? That would be absurd.

Your post is exactly the reason I posted about the OJ trial. Hopefulness is a waste of time. Ray has already hired a very, very high powered Los Angeles defense attorney who specializes in white-collar defense and, as an assistant US Attorney, prosecuted it. He's paid this lawyer a million dollar retainer. He has millions (probably offshore or in his family's bank accounts) and he can raise at least some money. These facts mean his situation is similar to Simpson's, and might well lead to the same outcome-- a murderer walking free.

It's not what the defendant did. It's the story about what the defendant did, and whether that story is believable beyond a reasonable doubt. A client who pays a million dollars to a lawyer is paying to have reasonable doubt raised in the minds of the jury. Once reasonable doubt exists, the jury cannot convict. Period.

What's the OJ story? He went over to his ex-wife's condo and stabbed her and some hapless waiter? Easy to say, hard to prove. Quod erat demonstrandrum.

Oh. Welcome new poster!

Hippo
Thank you for the welcome and the virtual glass of lemonade.

I wanted to make a comment on the parallel between the O. J. Simpson case and the James Ray case.

A poster named Christa brought up the issue of the defense spending possibly tens of thousands of dollars to dig up information on the police officer, Mark Fuhrman, purjuring himself.

If I recall correctly, the defense did not do that--a screenwriter named Laura Hart McKinney came forward voluntarily with this information because she was hoping that the publicity from the trial would allow her to sell a screenplay.

Without going into all the sordid details of the Simpson case, I am hopeful that James Ray does not have access to the same money/resources that Simpson did, and that the case will not attract so many people on the periphery who are opportunists.

I was bewildered by the Fuhrman/McKinney issue, and discussed the case at the time with my sister. I said, "Okay, so Mark Fuhrman called somebody a n***** ten years ago, so that means O. J. didn't do it?"

Obviously I'm over-simplifying, but the situation was absurd.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 02:24PM by Christa.

Posted by: Hippo ()
Date: March 28, 2010 12:18AM

To Christa:

Thank you for the correction--I was sure that Ms. McKinney had come forward on her own, voluntarily. Apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Of course you're correct about the perjury issue--but it's still absurd.

I would venture to guess that many people use racial epithets when they don't think they're being overheard, then lie about it later. I understand about the letter of the law, but it's a damn shame to have such valuable testimony thrown out. Also a damn shame to have Mark Fuhrman vilified as though HE killed the victims, and then for O. J. to go free!!

If James Ray can put on as good a defense as O. J. did, then I guess we're in for another circus, minus The Dancing (Judge) Itos from The Tonight Show.

Re: James Arthur Ray - is a psychopath
Date: March 28, 2010 11:50AM

[twitter.com] JamesARay: "When the vision on the inside is more compelling and powerful than what you observe on the outside... The univese is at your command".

James Ray is behaving like a psychopath. To post junk like that, in the context of numerous people dying at his death lodge, and many more being seriously injured.
The "univese" sp(universe) is absolutely NOT at your command, no matter what crazy thing you are thinking on the inside of your head.
If you put your hand in a fire, it will burn. If you risk your life due to lack of water and heatstroke, you can die and permanently damage your internal organs for life.
That is called reality.

James Ray doesn't believe that drivel as he says it. He didn't risk his life, he had plenty of water and was cool. He was never the one getting hurt.
He just tries to get his followers to believe that if they believe hard enough, the universe is at their command, and they can do anything.

Its hard to believe the James Ray Tweets aren't going to end up before a judge. In the context James Ray is operating in, its beyond socipathic.
On a certain level, perhaps James Ray does believe he can get away with anything. The only way he'll ever stop, is if he is forced to stop by the judicial system.

Its disturbing, but its an important object lesson in the perverse mentality of reckless and aggressive Gurus like James Ray, he's not the only one out there.

Re: James Arthur Ray - is a psychopath
Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: March 28, 2010 12:43PM

His 'tweeting' shows his total contempt for his (remaining) followers, not to mention the families he's hurt. He just mixes different belief systems, throws 'em up against the wall to see what will stick. The fact that his 'teachings' haven't worked for him AT ALL doesn't seem to faze him or his supporters.

"Properly understood, all goals and intentions are spiritual." I believe what he's saying here is that whatever he did at the Sedona event or with regards to Colleen Conway can't be classified by simple-minded folk as right or wrong. We are all an expression of God so there is no such thing as 'wrong'.

Current Page: 95 of 155

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.