Current Page: 74 of 155
Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 06, 2010 12:21PM

Death Ray's latest tweet:

Proclamation: "I am a center of expression for the creative will to good which eternally creates and sustains the universe."

I am beyond comment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - Sleight of Mouth NLP Robert Dilts
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 06, 2010 01:20PM

Wow, thanks for that update.
Again, they are ruthlessly brilliant over at JRI James Ray International, the imploding company of red ink.

With a credit card transaction, a person can do a chargeback if you get ripped-off. [en.wikipedia.org] A chargeback is there for consumer protection.

But if a person sends a money order or personal check TOUGH NUTS sucka. That is a CASH deal, and once the money is gone, its gone. They could cancel the seminar if they feel like it, and the money is gone.
What can the customer do? Answer, NOTHING. Join the end of the very long line of creditors.

The James Ray alleged "refund" is another SCAM. 3 days after the order? Why, because that is probably the forced cooling off period for any legal contract, depending on the state.
There is no actual "refund" then from James Ray International.
Even a few evil LGAT seminars offer a "refund" from the LGAT if you leave on the first day, and turn in your materials. (they will often scam you on that though).

But notice the diabolical trickery of James Ray and Co, that they pull on the naive. They have a "refund policy" page, but in fact there is no refund.
Its like the movie Glen Garry Glenn Ross, where Al Pacino tries to deceive and stall the guy for 3 days over the long weekend, so he can't get out of the rip-off contract.
Will take a full look at that refund page soon.

And yes, James Ray is targeting his True Believer followers, as predicted here in the psychic thread about James Ray! So far, predictions are 100% accurate!
The James Ray followers that remain, are going to be the ones to pay his bills.

That is the utterly ruthless cold-blooded mentality of the LGAT seminar salesman, in black and white. That is how they operate.

Is the hotel venue going to get paid, or will they not get paid like the millions that JRI says they owe to others?
Is it going to be at the Marriott? Wonder if the manager of that Marriott knows what they are getting into?

Harmonic Wealth Weekend
Venue: Marriott Oakland Hotel, San Francisco, United States
Oakland Marriott City Center [www.marriott.com]

San Francisco, CA (Mar 19-20, 2010),
Chicago, IL (Jun 4-5, 2010)

Stoic
I tried to register, especially as I was offered the '100% iron clad money back guarantee'---no locations given so far---I note that all payment is by mail cheque or money order so he's either lost his merchant account and cannot accept credit cards or he's leery about the credit card companies refund policies being a lot more generous than his own.

His refund policy only allows 3 days after the order to cancel, and as none of the usual contact methods seem to be working I doubt you would get through in the time to cancel. He is unlikely to give out locations until the payment is secure in his hands. Lots of disclaimers re cancelled or postponed events, so very little chance of getting your money back whatever happens. If you don't pay up with the money order, it is clear from the refund policy that you will be hounded for it and charged a hefty interest.

I think he is relying on the True Believers to support his events and cutting out the curious and newcomers.

Is James Arthur really One with God?
Date: March 06, 2010 01:37PM

That is a double-meaning, the general one from the New Age Christ Consciousness idea where people believe that they are One with "God" and can make "declarations" or proclamations. His followers are supposed repeat that out loud, and act like its true.

And of course the double-meaning is James Ray saying directly to his followers and linking in their minds that James Ray is God.

The next step is James Ray appearing in public in sunglasses surrounded by armed security guards. He is deliberately pushing it over the line, to push his remaining followers as far as he can, to get them to follow him for the next few years.

Unbelievably, he is doing it over Twitter, and not in private.
Again, that has to be part of the strategy of using religious freedom as his main defense?

Stoic
Death Ray's latest tweet:

Proclamation: "I am a center of expression for the creative will to good which eternally creates and sustains the universe."

I am beyond comment.

Re: Is James Arthur really One with God?
Date: March 06, 2010 01:52PM

Name Bryan Neuman
Location Minneapolis, MN
twitter.com/bryanneuman [twitter.com]

My Mom was friends with James Ray 4 7 years. He had 9 days 2 call us or visit her in the hospital be4 she passed but he didn't even do that
about 2 hours ago via web

Per ABC, JRI did NOT refund Colleen Conaway's credit card or family for the two prepaid, future retreats after her death.
about 2 hours ago via web

Re: James Ray Harmonic Wealth Weekend San Francisco, CA Mar 19-20, 2010
Date: March 06, 2010 05:54PM

The banality of dangerous internet luring directed at soft-targets.

_____________quote excerpt________________________
[www.shift-it-coach.com]
Christina Merkley
The SHIFT-IT Coach
Ask Christina Question: I Love Your Stuff and LOA But I’m Barely Making Ends Meet …

1. There is a wealth of free information on my favorite teachers site: Jerry and Esther Hicks and The Teachings of Abraham. Go to www.abraham-hicks.com and, they have a YouTube channel where you can watch many Esther/Abraham videos for free, free, free! Excellent, excellent material. Its what I teach in my Merkley’s Manifestation Mastermind. There is also a Yahoo group around the Abraham material (not run by Jerry and Esther). I think its called the Abe List or something like that.

3. James Ray (he’s such a hottie! I joke he’s my future husband … so hey James, if you are listening - call me!, hee hee) … has lots of great information on his site. You have to comb through it. And yes, you’ll be subjected to a lot of marketing. But you will still learn tons of stuff and he is very generous in his sharing. Download his free mp3s and if he’s in your area, go to one of his free Harmonic Wealth evenings. Sign up for his ezine as he does free ‘Ask James’ tele-conferences on the typical subject matters that people want to apply The Law of Attraction to (like relationships, work, money, health, etc). www.jamesray.com

The tweet linked to an audio recording if anyone was able to access it.
Christina Merkley is saying it was a "complex vibrational co-creation" these crazy New Age belief systems can drive people insane, and they don't know it.

ChristinaMerk
Christina Merkley twitter.com/ChristinaMerk [twitter.com]
[twitter.com]
@lizmarshall also, Abraham does not condone punishing/tarring of @JamesARay (see my other tweet for where to get full track)

[twitter.com] Listening to Abraham-Hicks recent L.A. workshop - take on @JamesARay sweatlodge was interesting. Anyone else hear that track?

[twitter.com] @babzilicious Hi B. I'm on Abraham-Hicks master mp3 program. Sweatlodge track is from West L.A., on Jan. 16th [bit.ly]

Date: March 06, 2010 07:53PM

The Abe-Hicks track is obviously an attempt to shape the perception of the already converted. I should imagine that all these 'spiritual leaders', while utterly silent in public regarding Death Rays crimes, are employing a similar programme of damage limitation to prevent the faithful from waking up to the reality of the JAR situation and, by extension, their own.

The people making this public are the True Believers, thus distancing the cover-up from the principal business operators (though the disembodied entity scam has to be the perfect distancer-- who's going to call to account an ethereal spirit?). This allows a bit of leeway for deniability, should the business operators ever get called on the lies they are encouraging the faithful to believe.
In that case it will be the fault of the True Believer, being as yet not fully enlightened and thus fallible, who has misunderstood the wisdom and passed on a garbled version of the true message. The business operator keeps clean hands always (win win) and there are always more followers to be found when one of the faithful is thrown under the bus in this way.

I think Death Rays tweet shows a touch of desperation. Its not an affirmation which is a conscious attempt to trick the mind into believing the content through repetition, its a declaration.

Death Ray is declaring that fundamentally he is a good person--which he is able to do as in the cosmology he has espoused and propogated (New Thought with a twist) there is 'no evil, only energy waiting to be converted'
He is hoping that through the 'New Thought logic' the fundamental goodness of the person will translate to a pass on his behaviour--for how can a 'fundamentally good person' do evil things? He has previously tweeted, in the growth and expansion tweets, that all the products of the first cause cannot be otherwise than good and true.
So essentially this is a religious defence, although not accepting of any moral constraints on the behaviour--which seems to be the attraction of the New Thought milieu to these scammers. Its a win win situation for the adherent who gets caught--at least in their own mind.

And there is the fundamental problem. What is accepted as a reality in his own mind is increasingly at odds with the reality outside his mind. There is a massive incongruity there and it can only get bigger--whatever the outcome of the trial. JAR does not have the kind of support, however rabid his followers, to keep this incongruity from impinging on his closed world view. Political dictators only manage to do it when backed by massive and loyal military force. Big cult operations would start using the enforcers to rally support at this point.

Each persons worldview is largely socially constructed, whatever they might believe or tell themselves otherwise. It cannot be otherwise as there is nothing else to work from. The incongruity that results from straying so far from the social norms will not be sustainable for Death Ray. Balance is bogus according to him. I think he is going to find out the hard way that balance, in this instance between his interior belief construction and the accepted exterior social norms, is fundamental.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 08:04PM by Stoic.

Date: March 06, 2010 09:57PM

TAC's prediction that Death Ray will next appear in ton ton macoute shades surrounded by bodyguards in similar sunglasses got me thinking and googling. I found this interesting article entitled "Why Shady Deeds are More Likely to Happen in the Dark"
It cites studies on the variations in honest behaviour between people in a dim and well-lighted environment and between shade warers and clear lens wearers and updates some of the classic Zimbardo behavioural experiments.

Its a clear and simple piece, well worth reading the full article to see why Death Ray is so fixated on the Dark---its only with that shady concept firmly implanted in the followers minds that he can hope to get traction with his ensuing BS and sleight of mind. He's blurring the boundaries between sense and nonsense prior to turning commonsense upside down.
Lewis Carroll did a far better job in 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking Glass'.

Darkness

'Human beings can be a devious lot. At some point, even the most moral of us have skulked or sneaked or filched something we weren't supposed to — even if it were just a cookie from the kitchen. Of all the things that get our sneakiness juices going, there is nothing like a little darkness.

There has always been a correlation between how ethically we behave and how brightly our surroundings are lit — most evil deeds are done under cover of darkness, and the rarest and most brazen crimes are those committed in broad daylight — not least because we're less likely to be caught in the act after nightfall. But in a new study published in the journal Psychological Science, psychologists Chen-Bo Zhong and Vanessa Bohns of the University of Toronto and Francesca Gino of the University of North Carolina suggest that it's not only about the threat of discovery. There are other reasons darkness gives us a waiver to misbehave.

The investigators already knew that throughout our lives, we have a sometimes distorted sense of the ability of darkness to conceal. Toddlers cover their eyes when they're playing hide and seek in the belief that if they can't see you, you can't see them. In his famed 1969 experiments on human moral behavior, Stanford University psychologist Philip Zimbardo found that if subjects were wearing dark hoods and baggy clothes, they were more inclined to administer electric shocks to other volunteers than they otherwise would be. '

Darkness

Re: James Arthur Ray - Sleight of Mouth NLP Robert Dilts
Posted by: JimmyProfit ()
Date: March 06, 2010 10:49PM

James Ray has probably used the Oakland Marriott in the past for his "Harmonic Wealth Weekends" and JRI may have a contact in the sales department who would be happy to make a booking, especially in this economy.

As mentioned above, the manager of the hotel may be in the dark, and Marriott Corporate may have a problem with it. Protests that attract national and local media attention because of a bad booking are bad for business and public image, and I have no doubt there will be a protest, with signs and flyers, outside that Marriott if they host James Arthur Ray.

At the very least, someone may want to give Marriott a heads up.

Oakland Marriott® City Center
1001 Broadway
Oakland, California 94607 USA
Phone:  1-510-451-4000
Fax :  1-510-835-3466
Sales:  1-510-451-4000

Posted by: JimmyProfit ()
Date: March 06, 2010 10:56PM

By the way, the IRS Criminal Investigation Division may be very interested that James Arthur Ray will only accept checks and money orders. He doesn't want to add tax evasion, money laundering or currency structuring to his list of charges.

As for people paying James Ray by check - look out. Once he has your routing number and checking accpunt number, he can debit your checking account at will. Helpful for someone with no conscience and a need for instant cash.

Re: James Arthur Ray - Oakland Marriott® City Center
Date: March 06, 2010 11:02PM

A local person could even call up the Marriott and ask if they have that event booked on those dates.
A few more issues the Marriott Manager might not have considered.

James Ray Harmonic Wealth Weekend San Francisco, CA Mar 19th-20th, 2010
[forum.culteducation.com]

Some emails, blog comments to Anderson Coopers producers could notify them of the seminar, as they went to the last one.
[ac360.blogs.cnn.com]

Current Page: 74 of 155

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.