Current Page: 19 of 37
Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: August 29, 2009 09:58AM

The news has just come down to me from others that the Gnostic Movement has no started using a different website and appears to have little or no activity now on Gnosticweb. The New site is called Gnostic Awakening [www.gnosticawakenings.com]. Not sure what the difference is but they seem to feel the need to continually re brand themselves. If you are looking for anything on Gnosticweb, searching for it on Gnosticawakening might reveal it. So they have not stopped all public access as I suspected but there certainly is some funny business going on of some sort.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 08, 2009 10:25AM

I thought I would write to make sure that everyone knows that the website www.gnosticawakenings.com/ or the group gnostic awakenings is the same organization as the Gnostic Movement and what was known as Gnosticweb which was was known as mysticweb. If you suspect this group of being a cult or cultish this is the best place to have that discussion.

This new website is nothing more than a trick and strategic move.

Date: November 19, 2009 02:50AM

I've recently come to the realization that the primary nature of this group is occult in practice. Although there may be other influences they are pretty well just dabbled in and manipulated with.

Those other sources are never properly explored, philosophically, culturally or spiritually. They are simply accepted the way the leader presents them. If you disagree with that interpretation, which is in itself a manipulation you are eventually ostricized and you leave.

There is a statement made by Victor Gomez ("Samael Aun Weor") that the true occult is Gnosticism (what he called Gnosticism). As a result he called any other form of the occult the pseudo-occult. By the way he seems to have loved calling others pseudo whatever to imply they were not the real deal. This coming from a pseudo-Gnostic.

Date: January 02, 2010 03:54PM

I was traveling around downtown and realized something quite interesting about the this organizations postering efforts. This is primarily a waste of time as their posters are mostly covered by other peoples posters within hours of them being put up. So why do they keep doing it? Well if they didn't the teachers would actually have time to think about what they are involved in or spent enough time with "students" to realize that they are not actually able to help anyone.

It was amazing to hear these "teachers" (as they call themselves) speak about people open to discussion but than being much more willing to end those discussion for their busy work when said discussion deals with matters and perspectives which do not fit.

So this postering, which by the way also costs a lot of money, just helps to delay the inevitable of them facing their lives. If only they could be challenged to avoid organizational busy work for a few months. No postering, no meetings about waste of time projects, just dealing with their life's. The results would be quite interesting, but it would never happen on mass.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:17PM

notanantiGnostic
I was just doing some searching and I thought I would share something hilarious with everyone. It turns out that you can no longer view the "public forums" over at Gnostic Web unless you create an account. What else could this be a reaction to, other than myself and others here criticizing what they are saying and occasionally re-posting it here. Could there be a more obvious example of people putting blinders on to the fact that are living a lie? If it was a divine ultimate truth it should be able to hold up to any criticism.
I wouldnt be suprise. This is how alot of cultish organizations operate. They try to isolate members from critical thought and produce a one sided slant with thier own internal propaganda.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 10:21PM by Keir.

Date: January 04, 2010 03:47AM

Hi Keir nice to see you again.

I may have been mistaken about the "Gnostic Movement" removing their content from public view. It appears that they have moved everything to their new site. This is equally manipulative. Why do they need to change websites constantly?

[www.gnosticawakenings.com]

Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebu
Posted by: dragoneye ()
Date: January 06, 2010 12:31AM

Hello everyone

I was in this movement for a few years and I only left it relatively recently. As time went on, the activities started to look more and more cultish in nature.. and let me tell you, after leaving the movement, I have never felt so spiritually free in my life. I was sick of being stuck in a gnostic box with only a small peephole into normal life.

I have so much more stuff I can reveal about this organization (stuff quite dark), but I fear that if I reveal too much, my identity could be discovered, which I do not want since they have my contact details etc.

All I can really do is just warn people that if you stay in this movement, you will not experience what life has to offer, what happiness is, etc. You will ultimately fall into a downward spiral of self criticism and youre not able to think for yourself anymore, and heck, creativity itself seems to be discouraged.

Date: January 06, 2010 04:46AM

Thanks Dragoeye.

It is very much understandable you would not want to reveal yourself at all. However if you are able to confirm any of the matters that have already been discussed here, that would be great.

Having had a glimpse of the organization I'm glad to see you are out.

Posted by: TypicalSeeker ()
Date: January 09, 2010 08:09AM

Dragon>"I was in this movement for a few years and I only left it relatively recently. As time went on, the activities started to look more and more cultish in nature.. and let me tell you, after leaving the movement, I have never felt so spiritually free in my life. I was sick of being stuck in a gnostic box with only a small peephole into normal life."

Thanks for your viewpoint, Dragoneye... but I do have a question for you;
If you were looking for a "normal" life... WHY!? did you pursue Gnosticism?
(for years....?)

Dragon>"I have so much more stuff I can reveal about this organization (stuff quite dark), but I fear that if I reveal too much, my identity could be discovered, which I do not want since they have my contact details etc."

Well, *I* for one would appreciate it if you could give some small, carefully crafted story of some sort to give seekers like me some idea of whatever the heck it is that you might be talking about without divulging identifying details.... something... anything?

thanks.

TrueSeeker.

Date: January 09, 2010 10:25AM

"If you were looking for a "normal" life... WHY!? did you pursue Gnosticism?
(for years....?)"

I think this statement, along with everything else that TypicalSeeker has written, indicateds that they are likely an apologist. Whoever calls the writtings of Samael Aun Weor Gnosticism, particularly in this manner is an obvious supporter. I'm pursueing Gnosticism, but I think Samael Aun Weor was full of crap.

Dragon revealed that he or she is not comfortable with saying anymore than they already have. I have had discussion with Dragon and I varifed that they where involved in the organization for quite some time.

Typical do you know anything about sources? You can take what Dragoneye wrote as a primary source. That is all it is. This particular victim of the organization does not feel like revealing anymore at this time.

I think " whatever the heck it is that you might be talking" has already been revealed by others. Stop the criticism and do some of the work for yourself.

Current Page: 19 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.