Current Page: 36 of 84
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: captnims ()
Date: March 21, 2010 09:40AM

Does anyone know about this organization [regulatecryonics.org]

I am a probate attorney recently retired from the military and I am thinking about joining this group. Looking for a good cause to join. Is this organization run by Larry Johnson?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Warning: Cryonics, viral marketing, advertising IRREVOCABLE TRUST
Posted by: melmax ()
Date: March 21, 2010 10:03AM

I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying it...someone who claims to have been interested in cryonics for the past 12 years, but who keeps mentioning wanting to discuss "the occult" (matters involving the supernatural), while the topic is cryonics, (which should be a scientific endeavor)...someone who claims to be "training to do standby: prep for cryonics patients," while looking like the poster child for my objections to most cryonics care providers, just can't be real. Johnson, is that you??? ;)

Posted by: Anon1 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 10:21AM

CryoGirl
You guys obviously don't know much about cryonics because you wouldn't be on this forum complaining about it. I can name off tons of stories on greusome funeral practices. What? It's simple. People in this line of business have been found stealing body parts, leaving bodies out in the woods to decompose, digging up gaves and reselling the plot. C'mon'. Is Ted Williams' head all you guys have got? Is that your trophey on the mantle? Because if it is, that's weak compared to the things I can show you on the internet.

I guess CryoGirl has never heard about Robert Nelson and the Chatsworth Scandal. Maybe she should do some research before she starts running her mouth. Here is only one of many articles written about the Chatsworth Scandal. [www.cryonics.org]

Posted by: enoonsti ()
Date: March 21, 2010 11:38AM

Anon1
If you want to experience adolescent behavior take a trip over to Cold Filter at [www.network54.com] Now that is a prime example of adolescent behavior.

Cold Filter is like walking down a street in New York City. You never know what interesting stores you'll find. Or if you'll get mugged.

Posted by: enoonsti ()
Date: March 21, 2010 11:46AM

Sparky
enoonsti, please do NOT reveal your identity. This is the Cult Education Forum. It is best to keep your identity secret for your security.

Thanks Sparky :)

But don't worry. I'll be OK.

Re: Cryonics, beyond the satirical and ridiculous and absurd.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 21, 2010 08:59PM

There are many parts to "cryonics", and not just the satirical and ridiculous and absurd.

The freezing of the corpse/head is actually only a very small part of it.

The complex legal contracts have to be properly analyzed. Post the Irrevocable Trust document.

The complex SALES techniques of the cryosalespeople have to be analyzed. David Pizer is a salesman, and he is using those techniques in his marketing and methods.

The financial "trust" documents have to be analyzed. They are not trying to just get insurance payments, that is a BAIT & SWITCH, once they have that, they move to upselling.

What about the zany Venturists, and their stated desire to use religious impulses of Immortality to lure people into the cryonics contracts?
And the Venturists goal to create a cryonics compound, and their other objectives? Its very cultish stuff they want to do, and are doing.

What about the constant lawsuits and attacks on the families? It seems every month they are suing someone and trying to dig up corpses.

What about the cultlike psychological warfare being waged by some cryonics promoters, and the concept of "greedy relatives" to use as a wedge issue? The average cryonics person doesn't know that, but that is a very very common technique used in cultish groups, to seperate families. And the cryonics salespeople are doing it to try to get more money.

What about the outrageous attacks by cryonics loyalists on critics? Again, very cultlike behavior.

What about the horrible things done to all those dogs by Mike Darwin, for no reason?

Where are the links to the published peer-reviewed articles on cryonics? There are none.
Alcor published things that would get flunked out of a 7th grade science fair, literally.

And that does not even touch going through the specific procedures of slicing and dicing and freezing. Melody Maxim has covered that in detail.
And the former cryonics insiders are covering the terrible abuses inside groups like Alcor, with books like Frozen by Larry Johnson.

The cryonics promoters are always trying to DISTRACT people from the techniques being used on cryonics recruits, by talking about small details.
But Melody Maxim and other experts are looking into that technical side of it, anyone can see she is being intellectually honest.

But who is looking into the overall big picture, and techniques and methods being used by the cryonics companies to lure in fresh meat...uh...customers?
Hate the be the bringer of bad news, but they are using the same techniques used by many sects and cults.

And getting people to a cryonics seminar using deceptive marketing, then using high-pressure sales techniques on them to get them to sign Irrevocable Trusts, that people can never get out of, that is dangerous stuff.

Who on the internet, is looking into the aspects of "cryonics" that have nothing to do with "cryonics", that is, the methods they are using to market, upsell, and sign people up to contracts they can never get out of?
Who is looking at the financial and legal SCAMS occuring in the name of cryonics?

Who is looking into the Cryonics corruption and rampant Cryonics Cronyism(TM) where all these guys are hiring eachother at inflated rates, and doing the typical abuses used by other sects with their non-profit foundations?

Maybe some cryonics people should look at cryonics from the outside, to see the scams being perpetrated by the cryonics usual suspects.

David Pizer??
Who wants a car upholstery salesman, using the tactics used in upselling leather car upholstery to be used in cryonics sales?

Most importantly, the "religious" aspects of cryonics "Immortality" which is the main button being pushed by cryonics promoters, that needs to be deconstructed.
The Venturists literally want to turn cryonics into a New Religious Movement. That is a fact, that is what they have said. They are not stupid, they know what they are doing and how to reach people emotionally, and how to get them to sign on the dotted line.

This forum is called "Cults," Sects, and "New Religious Movements", and cryonics certainly fits into that side of it. That is the big picture, the and the real issue.
The NRM side of cryonics, and the outrageous finanical and legal shennanigans, scams, and abuses going down, by the small group of people who control the cryonics business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 09:07PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: melmax ()
Date: March 21, 2010 11:38PM

enoonsti
Cold Filter is like walking down a street in New York City. You never know what interesting stores you'll find. Or if you'll get mugged.
I like enoonsti's assessment of Cold Filter. Good one.

While I'm thinking of enoonsti, I want to thank him for his seeming willingness to recognize that my criticisms are directed at the way cryonics procedures are carried out, and toward people I believe have a rather long history of behaving quite unethically. Cryonics, in and of itself, should at least be a very interesting science experiment, and as always, I strongly support the rights of individuals to have their wishes carried out, at the time of death. On the other hand, I don't endorse people being ripped off by charlatans and/or fools.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:59PM

enoonsti

Very good point. I believe FD is the thug lurking in the shadows. Lurker by night, Alcor employee by day.

Date: March 22, 2010 01:59AM

Obviously the cult members on Cold Filter are monitoring our posts and anticult.

[www.network54.com]...

Re: Cryonics, beyond the satirical and ridiculous and absurd.
Posted by: CryoGirl ()
Date: March 22, 2010 05:16AM

[...]

I'm a Venturist. Nobody sent me a bunch of glossy brochures and tried to convince me that I'm going to live forever and be immortal. I joined them because we have similar beliefs in science and technology and it was that simple. Look, sure, there are some people out there that believe in physical immortality. I'm kind of "old fashioned" about it. I believe that I can be revived and some time after that suffer a tragic accident I can't come back from. That is not going to discourage me from pursuing longevity, a long life. I believe that cryonics will work. That is my belief. I think being an American citizen gives me the right to pursue my beliefs. Right?

I'm not hurting anyone, the cryonics agencies aren't hurting anyone and people are free to join up and opt out anytime they want. They can change their life insurance beneficiaries at anytime, but normally people stay in it for the long haul and are committed to seeing it work. Is there really something wrong with that? Pharmaceutical companies and cosmetic companies have caused more harm to animals than any research Mike Darwin has done. I'm sure everybody in this forum is using some sort of cosmetic or hygiene product right? Cryonicists have a respect and love for life and all the crap you try to paint about them isn't going to change nothing. Now look, I've got things I've gotta do and I probably not gonna be back on this forum for a while. So you guys can have fun analyzing this little message. =]

I am pursuing a suspension contract and I am training to do standby. I'm sure you guys will eventually see me around, because I'm not going anywhere. =]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 09:27AM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 36 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.