Current Page: 35 of 84
Re: Warning: Cryonics, viral marketing, advertising IRREVOCABLE TRUST
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 21, 2010 03:59AM

hey Sparky:

We got a special cryonics deal for you, limited time offer.
All you have to do is sign a pile of legal and financial documents a few inches thick. No need to read it, its all legal gobbly-gook, just read the glossy brochure about living forever in a shiny tank, and uploading your brain, and that kinda stuff.

We have our own paralegal, Joe's Paralegal, he can go over the docs with you in his van down by the river for $50...cash.
Then all you have to do is sign the Irrevocable Trust, and have it notarized at the mall.

All that means is when you die, we get all your money. Then trust us, we'll invest it for you, so when you get unfrozen and reconstituted, you'll be richer than Oprah and live forever, and travel to Neptune and stuff! It will be awesome.

If you want to be even richer in the future, then sign over your entire Estate, house, property, and everything too. Then we'll take care of that too after you die.
Even better, sign the Power Of Attorney over to us, as well as the Irrevocable Trust, and move down to Ventureville, and we'll take real good care of you.
Even better, cash out all your assets, and transfer it all to us NOW, so your "greedy children" don't try to get their filthy hands on it. Pay us in ADVANCE. That is the best.

Don't worry that there is a $500K-5 million dollar price on your head, coming to us on your death, that won't make us want to speed up your demise or anything.

And don't worry, some people tell you once you sign the document, it cannot be changed. But trust us, we'll change it later if you want, trust us.
So don't think too much, just sign the legal papers we sent you, and think about Immortality, and flying cars and stuff.

And don't think about the only other contract anyone has ever heard of that you cannot ever get out of, even at death. You know, that little contract in blood with Lucifer?

So there appear to be only 2 contracts you can never get out of even after you die, and one of them is the Cryonics Irrevocable Trust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 04:04AM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CryoGirl ()
Date: March 21, 2010 04:34AM

@The Anticult-You're pretty witty!! You ought to try your hand at realestate or selling used cars or something, maybe a comedian!! That might work!=]

I thought maybe you guys were more intellectual than this, but really you guys just show a lot of adolescent behavior. Obviously this forum cannot be taken seriously. I would have loved to have debated real occult issues with you guys, but there's no debating ignorance. =[

So, what's the big argument? You guys disagree with people opting for cryonics.....that's a weak argument fellas! All this animal and human experiments are nothing but crap. I'm training to do standby: prep for cryonics patients. So I know how much crap you guys are spewing. None of you can be taken seriously! I was looking forward to a challenge. I must say I'm disappointed. =[

I'll tell you what! I'm gonna be involved with cryonics until I'm head 1st into a cryostat. So, when you guys can come up with something better than adolescent humor, let me know.

I plan on pursuing a career in cryonics research and development. If you guys are all I have to worry about........then I have no worries. This forum is a joke and your respones are laughable!! =] Here! I'll play your game! I have a good one for you!!

*Imitating Funeral Salesman*

We have an assortment of coffins and caskets!

Our funeral parlor offers the best facelift money can buy! You will look so youthful in front of your loved ones during your funerary disposal process!! Of course adding more friends on the list to visit your corpse will cost extra!

While you're in our care you can rest assured we're not stealing body parts! ;-) Of course, the burial plot you choose will be your eternal resting place....until a future developer buys the land and turns it into a Walmart or parking lot!

Just think! You can pay for all of this with your life insurance policy or how about...a trust!? :D

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: enoonsti ()
Date: March 21, 2010 04:44AM

Sparky
Deep Space exploration will be most successful through robots, not people. It's much cheaper.

Back to cryonics, this is a YouTube video on cryonics originally submitted to this thread by The Anticult:

[www.youtube.com]

I agree on the robots/AI (and I'm not being sarcastic this time). Of course, deep space SETTLEMENT is a different matter ;)

Well anyways, just to set the record straight, I'm not signed up with any cryonics organization: that means you can't accuse me of being part of the "cult," nor can you hold Alcor/CI/etc accountable for my actions. I know that doesn't necessarily sound believable coming from an anonymous account like mine ("enoonsti" is "it's no one" spelled backwards, minus the spaces and apostrophe); however, I'll be revealing my identity in short time because, well, that's one of the requirements in a competition I'm entering.

Also, let me stress that there's a difference between what Melody Maxim is doing, and what you guys are doing. Melody - as far as I can tell - is genuinely interested in cryonics for the purpose of saving lives (perhaps even her own life) but is genuinely dismayed at how it's currently being practiced. I may not agree with her on everything - just like I don't agree with everything other cryonicists say - but it is better than some laymen here cherry-picking information in an ode to the confirmation bias. I've read your guys' posts on other topics and I agree in those areas.... but here.... I'd have to say you're off the mark and - despite your best intentions - you're not helping much. Again, people from Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Cambridge, and more have supported cryonics. Is it possible that there's gray area that you guys are missing, instead of the black-and-white presented here?

For whatever it's worth, I've read all of the posts in this thread, the book Frozen (which I'm assuming some here did not read), and every other significant piece of criticism out there (my upcoming video Glimpses of Frustration immediately deals with that Penn and Teller clip). The point I'll be making soon is not entirely about cryonics, but more about society's hypocritical attitude towards death. I understand that this may sound a bit loopy without exposition, but a childishly simplistic view of death is at the root of many societal problems. So obviously, I'll be trying to argue that in due time.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 21, 2010 06:26AM

I think this cryonic thing looks pretty sweet! If I understand it correctly, I can give strangers total control of my cadaver's head along with all my money!

But what do I get in return? A terrific little used tunafish can for a hat!
[frozenbook.net]

Talk about being stylish in the freezer! I wonder which cryonics business gives it's members the "Fancy Solid White Albacore in Olive Oil" can as opposed to the "chunk light in water"? I don't want the other frozen heads to laugh at me for being a "member" of a cheap cryonic scheme.

I think that these companies are shadier than Congress (if you can believe that).
Open the books to outside audits and the "shadiness" goes away (unless the IRS sees something "interesting" and chains the doors shut.)

Forget seeing their books. I'm betting the IRS and State's Attorney Generals are needed to be kept in the dark. Imagine if all the wording in the fancy glossy brochures had to use the term "corpse" instead of "patient" and had to be regulated to remove any misleading claims of "science"?

Maybe the cryonic firms need to go for broke and register as a religion. They clearly fulfill the definition of "Cult".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 06:35AM by Sparky.

Re: Cryonics, and the Venturists and Lucifers contract
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 21, 2010 06:44AM

Well, there you have it.
"Sparky" has agreed in writing to turn over his/her head, corpse, and assets to Cryonics Inc.
Its a done deal. We have it here printed on a stained sheet of paper, no signature required.

Now when "Sparky" passes away, Cryonics Inc is going to sue everyone to get the corpse and the money, house, assets. We'll sue your momma, your kids, cousins, and bankrupt the entire extended family with frivolous legal procedures, and a horrible court fight lasting years that will ruin your family.
After all, its your greedy relatives who want to rob you of eternal life.
So that is why we need all your money.

Hey it worked with Ted Williams, (a PR case for advertising) and all the other horrible legal fights in the news.
Once you verbally agree, or verbally don't not disagree to Cryonics Inc, then you are owned by Cryonics Inc. We have millions in the legal war chest, and will sue everybody.

If we even have only a general inquiry letter from you, we can use that to sue your family to get at the corpse/cash.
We'll dig up the corpse months later if we have to.

Cryonics Inc, your head is our business!

Re: Cryonics, Freezing vs Scamming,
Posted by: melmax ()
Date: March 21, 2010 06:57AM

It's difficult for me to take "CryoGirl's" post, seriously. She writes, "I've experienced the loss of close loved ones and slowly after each loss, I began to realize what they had gone through with the funerary process. If you ask me, I'd say it's pretty greusome and degrading...Cryonics agencies treat and handle the body with care, precision and patience. I don't see this in a funeral home. All I see is a quick fix for a show and getting you in the ground before you start stinking up the place." Those remarks are an insult to embalmers, morticians, and funeral directors, everywhere. How many funerals could a 28yo have been to? Did she go in the back, and watch the embalming process? Has she read any of the cryonics case reports, such as those related to Ted Williams and CI-81? If she did read them, would she recognize the gross incompetency in the handling of those procedures?

What does CryoGirl mean by "To be honest with you, I looked them up"? Does she believe everything she reads on the Internet? She also writes "I had a legal aid review." Isn't legal aid for people who can't afford legal representation? How could someone who can't afford an attorney leave an irrevocable trust? (I question the intelligence of ANYONE who would leave an "irrevocable trust" to a cryonics organization!) As for cryonics being a part of our future "whether you guys like it or not," CryoGirl should know cryonics has been banned in some areas and should consider that regulation may be a part of the future of cryonics, whether people interested in cryonics, like it, or not.

Until CryoGirl shows up with a real name and evidence to support her viewpoints, I'm inclined to think she's a very naive, gullible person who is simply regurgitating what she has been fed by people working in cryonics. (Either that, or she's a "ringer.")

Melody Maxim

*Note: I responded to CryoGirl's post, this morning, but my response never appeared, (probably due to my own error).

Date: March 21, 2010 08:58AM

melmax,

probably the reason your post took so long to appear is NOT your own error, but that rrmoderator(s) need to see a number of your posts (10? 20? More? Who knows?) before they give you "automatic" posting ability.

They don't need trolls or "true believers" who are not open to back-and-forth with un-believers or people who are always insultive or crass in their postings. So far your posts look very interesting to me, so just post some more and soon you should be instant (if rrmoderator(s) agree).

I may be wrong, but CryoGirl seems to be more of a "marketing person" for the cryonic movement. "She"(?) claimed something like (paraphrasing) "they don't advertise". Well, "her" posting here is certainly a type of advertising, however weak.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 09:21AM by Sparky.

Date: March 21, 2010 09:12AM

CryoGirlI thought maybe you guys were more intellectual than this, but really you guys just show a lot of adolescent behavior. Obviously this forum cannot be taken seriously. I would have loved to have debated real occult issues with you guys, but there's no debating ignorance. =[

I plan on pursuing a career in cryonics research and development. If you guys are all I have to worry about........then I have no worries. This forum is a joke and your respones are laughable!! =

Here! I'll play your game! I have a good one for you!!

*Imitating Funeral Salesman*

We have an assortment of coffins and caskets!

Our funeral parlor offers the best facelift money can buy! You will look so youthful in front of your loved ones during your funerary disposal process!! Of course adding more friends on the list to visit your corpse will cost extra!

While you're in our care you can rest assured we're not stealing body parts! ;-) Of course, the burial plot you choose will be your eternal resting place....until a future developer buys the land and turns it into a Walmart or parking lot!

Just think! You can pay for all of this with your life insurance policy or how about...a trust!? :D

The above from CryoGirl is edited by me for space reasons. Please scroll up from here to read the full post.

First, CryoGirl, what sort of "occult issues" discussion do you wish? Supernatural? Medical, i.e., hidden such as occult bleeding et al? Curious word to use with no other directional indicator used. Maybe I don't understand. There is much I don't understand. I will assume you mean more of a supernatural thing.

You want a career in cyronics? Just how does one get a career in cryonics? Typically to have a career in cryonics you need to marry into or be a relative of the con-artist running the show (start-up).

I have yet to see a degree offered anywhere for "Cryonic Technician". Maybe I am wrong...maybe not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2010 09:22AM by Sparky.

Date: March 21, 2010 09:20AM

enoonsti wrote:(This is edited, please scroll up to read the full quote)

enoonsti
Sparky
Deep Space exploration will be most successful through robots, not people. It's much cheaper.

Back to cryonics, this is a YouTube video on cryonics originally submitted to this thread by The Anticult:

[www.youtube.com]

I agree on the robots/AI (and I'm not being sarcastic this time). Of course, deep space SETTLEMENT is a different matter ;)

Well anyways, just to set the record straight, I'm not signed up with any cryonics organization: that means you can't accuse me of being part of the "cult," nor can you hold Alcor/CI/etc accountable for my actions. I know that doesn't necessarily sound believable coming from an anonymous account like mine ("enoonsti" is "it's no one" spelled backwards, minus the spaces and apostrophe); however, I'll be revealing my identity in short time because, well, that's one of the requirements in a competition I'm entering.

enoonsti, please do NOT reveal your identity. This is the Cult Education Forum. It is best to keep your identity secret for your security.

Posted by: Anon1 ()
Date: March 21, 2010 09:31AM

CryoGirl makes this quote: "I thought maybe you guys were more intellectual than this, but really you guys just show a lot of adolescent behavior."

I had to laugh. If you want to experience adolescent behavior take a trip over to Cold Filter at [www.network54.com] Now that is a prime example of adolescent behavior.

Current Page: 35 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.