Current Page: 28 of 84
cyonics animal abuses and torture
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 09, 2009 02:07PM

Some of the terrible animal torture and animal abuses that have gone on in cryonics are now also finally being noticed.

[blog.peta.org]

What the cryonics people did to these animals must not be called "experiments", as there was no science in what they were doing. No actual research that has any possible value in any way was being done. No scientific papers or research was published.

What was going on?
It literally appears to be some very disturbed cryonics people who admit to freezing and killing animals starting back as far as their childhood. What is that a sign of?

What has gone on with the torture of these dogs in cryonics is actually far worse than the animal welfare advocates have realized yet.

Daisy [forum.culteducation.com]

michael "mike darwin" federowicz [cryomedical.blogspot.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 02:13PM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
cryonics, What the hell is wrong with Ben Best?
Date: October 09, 2009 02:52PM

What the hell is wrong with Ben Best?
Is this guy for real? People listen to this guy?

Best Best's defence of Alcor, comes down to distorting the text of a newspaper headline about "batting practice". Can't he even distinguish between a tasteless phrase written by a newspaper editor, and the facts of the issue?
A newspaper editor trying to be "clever" compared Ted Williams baseball batting career, to the terrible actions taken to remove a used tuna can using a monkey wrench from his frozen head.
He even says using a monkey wrench to try and remove a tuna can is a form of "patient care".
To quote Charlton Heston..."It's a madhouse!... a madhouse!!"

Best Best doesn't deny the use of a used tuna can in cryonics, because that is a fact. There is even a photo online showing this.

QUOTE: "This head has been frozen down to -321 degrees Fahrenheit in the LR-40 and is now being taken out for permanent cold storage. Notice the tuna can stuck to it, the pedestal on top of which the Alcorian will await reanimation in the future"
[SEVERE WARNING, graphic photo] [frozenbook.net]

And as far as the cryonics live dog torture, they have admitted it. One cryonics sadist has bragged that he has done hundreds and even thousands of his Frankenstein live cryonics "experiments" on dogs.

What a pathetic and absurd tactic Ben Best tries to use.
It really is a mad house.

[www.imminst.org]
__________QUOTE_________________
benbest

View Member Profile Oct 7 2009, 06:13 PM Post #2

QUOTE (Reverend_X @ Oct 7 2009, 06:23 PM)
I call on Ben Best and Robert Ettinger to admonish all CI members to stop attacking Alcor and to stop encouraging people like Johnson and his allies.

I have just posted the message below to the
CI Members' Yahoo Group. I am less partisan
than Robert Ettinger and I doubt the Robert
Ettinger ever reads ImmInst Forums. I have
posted less forceful messages on the CI forum
than the one below, objecting to a CI Member
who suggested that CI should denounce Alcor
so as to "distance" CI from the accusations.
Nonetheless, I don't think that the message
below is going to stop some CI Members who
are very provincial, partisan and even
hate-filled from attacking Alcor in Cold
Filter and elsewhere. I can only express
my opinion to CI Members, I cannot control
CI Members. And I don't want to control them,
although I hope that many of them respect
me enough to be influenced by my opinion.

-- Ben Best

Ben Best wrote:

> I have not read Johnson's book, so I am still
> unsure where this claim came from that Alcor
> used Ted William's "frozen head" for "batting practice".
> As I understand it, Johnson's book claims that
> Ted William's head was stuck to a tuna fish can
> and that a technician tried to remove the can with
> a monkey wrench. Trying to remove a tuna fish can
> from the head with a monkey wrench and using
> the head for "batting practice" are vastly
> different actions. Removing a tuna fish can
> with a monkey wrench is at least a crude form
> of attempting to do patient care. Using a head
> for "batting practice" is the opposite of patient
> care -- it is a disrespectful act of patient abuse.
>
> I have been challenged to prove that Alcor
> did not use Ted William's head for "batting
> practice" and the claim has been made that
> because I was not on the scene that I can't
> know whether this occurred or not. The first
> reason I give for not believing that Alcor
> used the head for "batting practice" is that
> the evidence given for the claim (trying to
> remove a can with a monkey wrench) does
> not support the conclusion. The actions and
> motivations are vastly different.
>
> The second reason I would give is more
> personal, namely that I have met most of
> the people who work -- and have worked --
> at Alcor, and I cannot believe that any
> Alcor staff person would use a patient's head
> for "batting practice". It is entirely out
> of character. Only someone who is both
> greatly out of touch with the people who
> work at Alcor, and ready to believe
> malicious lies because they are hostile
> to Alcor would believe such a claim, or
> even refuse to draw a conclusion based
> on lack of first-hand evidence. I would
> say the same for the claim that Alcor
> was doing experiments "dismembering
> live dogs".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 02:54PM by The Anticult.

Larry Johnson and Alcor Vice President/ Treasurer Joe Hovey
Date: October 09, 2009 03:07PM

AUDIO

“He Killed Her” [frozenbook.net]

Re: Cryonics, Alcor, Ted Williams, David Pizer
Posted by: TWrelated ()
Date: October 09, 2009 11:10PM

Mike Darwin, responsible for the Ted Williams preservation, from Wikipedia.
APPARENTLY NO FORMAL MEDICAL TRAINING?

Michael G. ("Mike") Darwin (born 1955) was the president of the cryonics organization Alcor Life Extension Foundation from 1983 to 1988, and Research Director until 1992... At the time he resigned from Alcor in 1992, Alcor President Carlos Mondragon said Darwin had the most experience doing cryonics than "anyone else on the planet." He is noted for his technical acumen and exceptional communication skills.

Born Michael Federowicz in Indianapolis, Indiana, his interest in evolution and rejection of creationism earned him the nickname "Darwin" among his schoolmates. Michael had a fascination with cryopreserving organisms as a young child. In 1968, at the age of 12, he qualified for the Indiana state science fair with his project "Suspended Animation in Animals and Plants." ... His registration was lost and his project never judged, but he was given an honorable mention out of a sense of fair play. At the fair, however, he learned that a Dr. James Bedford had been frozen in California. This was the beginning of Darwin's lifelong interest in cryonics.

Federowicz was able to contact the Cryonics Society of New York (CSNY) and was sent a considerable amount of literature by Saul Kent, who was to become a lifelong patron of Michael's rapidly growing cryonics technical skills. At the age of 17 Michael was invited by Saul Kent to cryopreserve a cryonics patient for CSNY. In his parents' Indiana living room, the teenager had independently built his own cryonics equipment, which he found on his New York visit to be more sophisticated than that CSNY had actually used for cryopreservation. When he began his career as a dialysis technician, Michael adopted "Darwin" as his surname for his cryonics persona, so as not to endanger his career by the association with cryonics.

Darwin is a vegetarian. His dog Mitzi is preserved at Alcor.

Technical accomplishments

Darwin was the first full-time cryonics researcher, for one year for Alcor in the 1970s. Darwin worked alongside UCLA cardiothoracic researcher Jerry Leaf during the 1980s, and physician Dr. Steven B. Harris in the 1990s to create many of the key technologies and practices of modern cryonics. He has also made notable contributions to mainstream medical research, such as the use of liquid fluorocarbon ventilation for accelerated cooling of the human body. Darwin and Harris were able to resuscitate dogs without neurological damage following 17 minutes of warm ischemia (clinical death at normal body temperature) -- a world record which remains unmatched.
Although his only formal training was as a dialysis technician, he is a self-taught expert in the field of cerebral ischemia, and a respected contributor to CCM-L, the international critical care medicine internet discussion group. In 2005, he was an invited co-author of a medical ethics article on the definition of death in the journal Critical Care.

Re: Cryonics, Alcor, Ted Williams, Mike Darwin
Date: October 10, 2009 12:13AM

And that wikipedia artcle on "Mike Darwin" is obviously a PR shill for Mike Darwin, but even that reveals some very disturbing information about his behavior.
Even as a child he says he was "cryopreserving" animals...what does that mean?
That means killing animals as a child. That is not something to brag about.

Next, he talks about some school science project he says he did. But then he covers his ass, by saying the registration was "lost" and it was never judged, so there is no proof it ever existed.
Just more fiction and fabrications to try and create a PR "story" for self-marketing.

One would have to go through every single sentence in that PR shill for Mike Darwin, to verify any claim being made.
There have been many instances shown on The Cold Filter cryonics chat [www.network54.com] where a tremendous amount of fabrication and dishonesty has been shown to come from those individuals.

Below is a link to some audio where the name "Mike Darwin" comes up.

______________EXCERPT QUOTE for analysis_____________________________
“He Killed Her” [frozenbook.net]
LARRY JOHNSON: Now is that the one Charles was telling about that um, the one that, um, that Mike Darwin helped along with…

JOE HOVEY: Yeah.

LARRY JOHNSON: …with potassium chloride…
[...]
LARRY JOHNSON: So what did he do? Did he just…

JOE HOVEY: He killed her.

“Loose Cannon” [frozenbook.net]

http://frozenbook.net/audio.php cryonics audio
Date: October 10, 2009 12:32AM

And its very important to immediately pass around the links to the audio clips posted on the website below. There appear to be 7 clips available at this time.
Who knows how long those audio clips will be available.

AUDIO clips [frozenbook.net]

The content of these audio recordings, and the photos and other information shows that the serious claims being made of serious threats against the whistleblower author are 100% credible.

There is very serious information being made available, which could easily lead to an investigation of cryonics organizations.
It may very well end up with the authorities following up on what certain individuals in cryonics did in the past.

And since it is claimed that there are many more hours of recordings available, and they knew the author had all that information, it is completely credible that this whistleblower was targeted, and forced to flee for his life and go into hiding, as stated.

They knew what he had, and they knew the consequences of that information coming out, which could lead to the authorities investigating certain individuals in cryonics.

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Anon1 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 12:14PM

Excellent feature article in the NY Daily News for Sunday. This was written by Larry Johnson and his coauthor Scott Baldyga. I think this is an excerpt from his book.

[www.nydailynews.com]

I cannot believe how these Alcor people have gotten away with this crap for so long.

Gruesome tale of Ted Williams' botched decapitation, cryonics
Date: October 12, 2009 02:21AM

Gruesome tale of Ted Williams' botched decapitation is captured in gory detail in new book 'Frozen' [www.nydailynews.com]

That article is very important.
One interesting fact that the cryonics spin-doctors deflect from is very basic.

Ted Williams was charged over 100K for his cryonics process, as shown in the recording where they say they were still owed $111,000.
”A Bargaining Chip” [frozenbook.net]

So that proves it was a WHOLE BODY freezing, as the cost for that is $150,000.
Whereas freezing the head costs about $80,000. (perhaps even less at the time?)

And why would one of the worlds greatest athletes want to "dispose" of their body, and only save the head? When their body/arms was the source of their greatness as a baseball player? Of course that makes no sense at all. They would have wanted to do a whole body process, of course, if anything.
So that actually is more evidence he did not even want cryonics AT ALL, never mind just a partial process. It makes absolutely no sense.

This points to the fact that the people who were working on this committed a terrible blunder as described, and possibly also wanted to do one of their bogus anti-scientific "experiments" and cut the body up, like they have done with other humans and with countless dogs.

It seems the reason they have gotten away with this for so long, is that no one has told the public what they are doing. They have been able to keep it quiet, as only a handful of people are involved in the inner circles. Now they are forcing everyone to keep quiet.

Thank goodness for the authors of this book that have come forward to tell the public what went on, and with such a large amount of proof.
They literally are heroes to come forward and do this, and hopefully it is going to educate and help a lot of people, and encourage other whistleblowers to come forward.

Re: Gruesome tale of Ted Williams' botched decapitation, cryonics
Date: October 12, 2009 04:11AM

My understanding is the cost was $120,000., plus transportation costs. A $24,000. down payment was made, leaving the $111,000. owed. Apparently this was resolved after the death of John-Henry, as he resides now at Alcor too.

Some people claim the original order was for a full suspension, and removing the head was initially an Alcor mistake, covered by a phone call to John-Henry to get his approval for a "better" solution (the neuro).

Nightline claimed the other night on their show that they found an Alcor document online where John-Henry checked the "open" category for suspension, meaning neuro or full body was left to Alcor's expertise.

Regardless, Ted Williams' body is preserved at Alcor as well.

Anyone who knows if John-Henry got to keep his head attached or not has not mentioned anything.

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Date: October 12, 2009 04:22AM

The cryonics folks believe the only really important tissue is the brain; hence the neuros, where they feel they can better control the freezing process to a smaller volume of tissue.

I've heard futuristic scenarios by which microscopic nano-robots will completely rebuild a thawed body cell by cell, repairing any damage caused by freezing and disease; cloning a new body from the frozen DNA; or even somehow reactivating the brain and downloading the data to some kind of storage device contained in a robotic body. And maybe a body is not even required; if the brain's thoughts and memories are downloaded and digitized, you could live you new life on the desktop like a disc drive.

But come on, have a little faith; if they can bring you back to life, repair your frozen tissue, cure your old age and disease, putting your head back on won't really present much of a problem.

Current Page: 28 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.