Current Page: 18 of 84
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Anon1 ()
Date: June 10, 2009 08:14AM

I am sure Pizer has a custom freezer with has name on it. I found a couple of interesting articles that mention Pizer.

[abcnews.go.com]

[www.timespublications.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 10, 2009 08:19AM

Here is an interesting book I found written by an investigator about Alcor. This is on Google books, it only the first 150 pages or so but it gives you a taste of how long these loons have been at it. They are a scary lot.

[books.google.com]

Date: June 11, 2009 08:32AM

I just emailed a request to Mr. Ross to consider making a "Group Information Archive" for this dangerous group of people. I really hope he considers my request. If those who read this are interest in seeing such an archive please email Mr. Ross at: info@culteducation.com

Thanks

Date: June 11, 2009 08:45AM

This guy Rudi Hoffman is an Alcor cult member who also sells life insurance (how convenient is that?) Basically he is getting rich off of selling life insurance to individuals who Alcor has scammed into signing with them. I have to ask…aren’t insurance agents bound to some type professional ethics law???

Here is his website:

[www.rudihoffman.com]

Also if you search “Rudi Hoffman” on the cryonics discussion board called [www.cryonet.org] you will see many many many posts by this guy. You will see he fits in well with the rest of the nutjobs at Alcor.

Date: June 12, 2009 12:01AM

More “hostile relatives” talk from Mark Plus.

[www.network54.com]

Cryonics Cult, your Evil Family who wants to STEAL your corpse
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 12, 2009 06:28AM

yes, the Evil Relatives is probably their main salespitch right now.

They use their words carefully. They say "hostile relatives", over and over.
Its a cryonics Talking Point, those who sell cryonics have decided to use as a salespitch.

Notice how they don't say...Hostile Family. The word family is too strong, they use the word "relatives" as that gives some distance.

Its all just a point of LEVERAGE in the cryonics sales upselling process. They start by saying insurance is enough, and once they have that, then they upsell to all their other cryonics products.
Those who are writing up the cryonics contracts, trusts, and pushing for power of attorney, need LEVERAGE on those who they are talking with.

They also need a way to modify people's belief systems, to change their beliefs until they are afraid of their family. That is why they are digging up a few horror stories, and trying to use those to scare people.
Notice they don't talk about all the other cryonics processes that happen without incident?

they are cherry picking, on purpose, a few that went bad. Then they use that as a hammer to get leverage on people, and try to modify their beliefs about their own family.

Then they use that to try and convince people to pay in cash upfront, sign over living wills, power of attorney, set up large trusts, and everything else they are selling, even to the point of getting restraining orders against the family, and moving grandpa into some Venturist cryonics compound.

Notice also they are against autopsies, and are pushing for a Venturist cryonics religious exemption to autopsies. So who is going to know if there was foul play in the rapid death of someone, when those who are "caring" for that senior get a multimillion-dollar payout when they die?

If these guys get what they want, they are going to have a machine set-up, where they make a fortune on cash-profit on every death.
The problem isn't greedy family members, the problem is extremely aggressive cryonics companies.

Alcor, Cryonics, Orville Richardson, Judge John Linn
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 12, 2009 06:43AM

It appears the judge is going to make a decision soon about Orville Richardson.
There is another article.

Judge mulls fate of body
Cryonics foundation, family at odds over possible exhumation.
By JOHN MANGALONZO
[www.thehawkeye.com]

there is some interesting information in the article.
Alcor appears to have convinced this elderly man to make Alcor his "next of kin".
So it appears Alcor has a bunch of tricky contracts ready to sign? Making Alcor your next of kin? How utterly bizarre is that.
These companies are using various persuasion tactics on elderly people, to get them to sign-off. This reaks of LGAT seminar sales, where they get someone in a room with a couple of professional sales people, and then convince them to sign documents they usually don't understand, and cannot get out of, and to hand over a massive check.

Then it appears that the family wanted the 50K back, as Alcor had obviously ripped this guy off. So now its making sense. They don't want to give the 50K back.

And Alcor is going to use the same tactic they did with Ted Williams. On another forum, someone who says they are related to Ted Williams said they could have probably got Ted Williams out of Alcor, if they had the 50K in legal fees to fight it out.
So that is the other Alcor strategy. Hit the family with and extended legal battle they cannot afford.
That is what is says in the article.

QUOTE: "On Monday, a hearing of what may turn out to a lengthy battle for the man's remains began, with Alcor Life Extension Foundation...wanting to exhume him, while his brother and sister are demanding his peaceful rest be left alone"

Date: June 12, 2009 08:37AM

Yet another interesting quote from David Pizer

“I have always agreed with this idea also. I think a cryonicist (of any age)living in a cryonics community could have a more productive, rewarding, interesting and safer life.”

[www.cryonet.org]

Can you spooky?

Date: June 12, 2009 09:02AM

As we all thought. It’s all about money. This is the attorney that Alcor is using in their case against the Richardson family.

[www.simmonsperrine.com]

You will note that he is not a probate attorney that normally deals with these types of issues. He is a business attorney. His experience is in money matters. Poor choice on Alcor’s part, this case is way out of this guy’s league.

I predict now that Alcor will lose their case.

Date: June 12, 2009 10:27AM

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

You can bet the guy who started this thread (Larry Johnson) is watching this case closely.

I am sure he is perched and loaded for bear.

Thoughts?

Current Page: 18 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.