Current Page: 22 of 84
Cryonics Cronyism, hiring your friends and cronies,
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 01, 2009 03:47AM

There is an escalating fight by some in cryonics, about why the cryonics companies hire untrained amateurs, and pay them more than what a medical professional would get paid.
[www.network54.com]

The answer is not that complex.
Cryonics Cronyism.
[en.wikipedia.org] "Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications....Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact; often, the appointer is inadequate to hold his or her own job or position of authority, and for this reason the appointer appoints individuals who will not try to weaken him or her, or express views contrary to those of the appointer."

They are hiring their long-term cryonics friends and cronies, who have proven themselves loyal to cryonics. Its a perk, a reward.

Also, they don't want to bring in some "outsider" who is a medical person, as that person will flip-out when they see what is really going on behind the scenes, and maybe go to the media, or file a report.

Also, when they hire their cryonics cronies at nice, juicy salaries, those same folks can spend their time writing "articles" promoting the cryonics businesses. Its a Win/Win/Win.
So as stated, there is a couple of dozen of core cryonics cronies, who are on the cryonics gravy-train.

Assumptions
June 28 2009 at 10:33 PM Melody Maxim

Response to cryonics and public relations

...I think the main problem is that, the minute they go to investigate it, they see a lot of amateurish, unprofessional and unethical behavior. I think it's unreasonable to expect the general public to believe that people with little-to-no education in the medical sciences, can perform successful cryogenic preservations.
... However, for as long as a bunch of layman whose educations consist of 12 weeks of EMT-basic school, with no subsequent experiences other than a few practice runs with a pig, my answer to signing up is still, "Thanks, but no thanks."

If well-funded organizations like Alcor and Suspended Animation would quit playing around and hire some professionals, I believe more people would sign up. Both those organizations can afford to hire professionals, yet they continue to pay laymen salaries in excess of those earned by medical professionals. In addition, there's a whole lot of man-hours that neither I, nor anyone I know working in cryonics, can justify. In other words, a couple dozen people are getting paid a whole lot of money, on a weekly basis, to accomplish very little, and no one seems to give a damn. My guess is, they plan to keep it that way, for as long as possible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 01, 2009 08:25AM

Interesting post, The Anticult. I think that those who trust their lil' popsicle asses after death with the uneducated fools posing as 'scientists' should pay attention and think again. I'm not an automechanic so if you bring your car to me to fix, don't expect much of anything. The human body is certainly more sophisticated than a Buick Skylark and I doubt the "Ice Men Cometh" at Alcor could even change the oil on either.

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement and Michael Jackson cryonics fraud
Date: July 03, 2009 12:47PM

There was a bogus article about Michael Jackson and cryonics from the UK.
And now it turns out that even the comments about Bubbles the chimp in the article, were outright lies.

The so-called article was a complete fraud, a sheer hoax. Its objective was to promote a certain cryonics company using outright lies in the media.
Its a stupid story, but again, it shows the lies they are willing to perpetrate.

Jackson's 'Best Bud' Bubbles Retired In Florida
[cbs4.com]

Michael Jackson set to be embalmed at the O2 Centre
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: July 03, 2009 12:55PM

(a satire site caught onto this media fraud by the cryonics company, and made a parody of it)

The magazine's report, appearing in the issue that hits the newsstands Wednesday, is based on internal documents, e-mails, photographs and tape recordings supplied by an anonymous employee of the Elcor Life Extension Foundation.

After Michael Jackson's second autopsy, his body will be taken by private jet to the company in Phoenix, Ariz. There, Michaels' body will be separated from his head in a procedure called neuroseparation, according to Cryonics Today.

The operation will be completed and Michaels' head and body are being preserved separately. The head is stored in a steel can filled only with liquid nitrogen. It has been shaved, drilled with holes, the magazine said. Jackson's' body will be preserved standing upright in a 10-foot tall cylindrical steel tank, also filled with liquid nitrogen.

The procedure, approved by several of the Jackson family, carries a $336,000 bill. Elcor claims it is operates with the highest standards.

Although Janet and friend of the family, Jesse Jackson did not want this to be done, they were over-ruled by the other members of the family and finally gave in after seeing Michael's signature on a permission document that they recognized as his.

"It's just to creepy to me", Janet reportedly stated and was overheard by the Cryonics Center's employee.

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

Date: July 03, 2009 01:18PM

some important information continuing to come forward about cryonics cronyism and all kinds of problems about where the money is going.
and more and more "threats" are being thrown around, to try and silence people who are asking questions.

list of questions about Suspended Animation

[www.network54.com]

Suspended Animation, Inc. (SA) is a cryopreservation research company based in Boynton Beach, Florida. Cryonics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 01:21PM by The Anticult.

Re: Cryonics, Cult and paid advertising, Michael Jackson
Date: July 03, 2009 01:56PM

wow, that bogus cryonics "article" from the UK about Michael Jackson, that is full of lies and fabrications, and cryonics propaganda, was promoted, by guess who?

the usual suspects.
and it was posted on a cryonics forum, and with the time difference between the US and UK, it was posted almost immediately after the bogus article was posted to the internet.
Its a deliberate paid fabrication, to attempt to start "rumors" linking Michael Jackson with cryonics.
what a scam

[www.imminst.org]
advancedatheist 26-Jun 2009, 01:55 PM

Michael Jackson set to be 'plastinated', after missing the deadline for cryogenic freezing
By Daily Mail Reporter and Allan Hall
Last updated at 7:21 PM on 26th June 2009

Posted by: Anon1 ()
Date: July 03, 2009 09:37PM

Man, just reading the "Cold Filter" discussion board at [www.network54.com] it is evident that they are a hostile group. Even with themselves there is a long history of back biting and libelous remarks being made. One poster (Melody Maxim) seems to stand her ground and takes on the whole group. Obviously she is the odd one out, she is the only one who seems to have her head on straight (pardon the pun.)

Date: July 08, 2009 12:29PM

Here is an interesting addition to the Alcorian cult archive.

[culteducation.com]

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ted Williams HBO
Date: July 08, 2009 01:55PM

there is an HBO doc about Ted Williams coming out Jul 15, which appears to have some cryonics info in it?

HBO: TED WILLIAMS: HBO SPORTS DOCUMENTARY DEBUTS JULY 15th
[www.hbo.com]

Date: July 15, 2009 08:08PM

As Anticult has pointed out, this is on HBO tonight.

Ted Williams’s Daughter Speaks Out in Film

[bats.blogs.nytimes.com]

Current Page: 22 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.