Current Page: 1 of 134
Desteni
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: October 22, 2008 10:05PM

This looks to be a new cult in the making at

[uk.youtube.com]

[www.desteni.co.za]

It's run by a 22 year old but there may be some other individuals behind it. She conducts interdimensional portal interviews with Reptilian gods, Marilyn Monroe, Adolf Hitler, Jim Morrison and numerous others. Amazingly, it's totally serious.

From the messages at YouTube, which seems to be the main recruiting ground for this fledgling organisation, there are already some disgruntled former subscribers.

Anyone here with any connection to Desteni who'd like to make any comments about it?

[Moderator's note: There are two additional threads with discussion about Destini, which have been closed to focus on this one thread. Click on the following links if you are interested in reviewing them.]

[forum.culteducation.com]

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 02:32AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desteni
Date: October 23, 2008 07:29AM

Turns out the Desteni girl calling herself a "portal" in the videos is really named Sunette, not Winged or Jack.

Seems that she recently stopped releasing videos of "interdimensional interviews" etc. For what reason, I don't know, and I could be wrong as it's difficult to get clear information about the group.

It is not Sunette who's running the show after all, but a guy who's apparently older than her named Bernard Poolman. He's mentioned here and there on various forums and contributes to the main Desteni Productions website.

All very bizarre. Would appeal to disaffected youngsters. Potentially very dangerous in my opinion.

Date: October 23, 2008 03:57PM

Just to follow up... Amongst the hundreds of videos and reams of text put out by Desteni Productions, there are explanations for why the "portal" is no longer in use. This doesn't mean the project has come to an end. It's been a very effective means of publicity, and they will no doubt move on to new methods.

I just stumbled across Desteni Productions on YouTube and thought I'd alert this forum just for the record, also in case anyone who's been involved might want to speak out.

There's more information here which may or may not be reliable:

[www.godlikeproductions.com]

Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: October 28, 2008 10:58AM

Ack! I had typed out a good response, then when I tried to post it I had to log in again. The whole post was lost.

Well, I had thanked you Sandman for alerting us to this one. I tried watching a video then had to shut it off after about 2 minutes when I realized my prefrontal cortex was about to self-lobotomize.

Reptile kings/gods? Well, every day I hear something new. That would be today's new thing.

I noticed that in her site she lists JonBenet Ramsay as an individual with "no known earth history", as opposed to people like Marilyn Monroe and Osho and Hitler who *do*. I'll bet the people who knew JonBenet will be surprised to learn that she has "no known earth history", since her 6 years of life were all a figment of some imagination (maybe?). Perhaps the imagination of a reptile god.

Date: October 28, 2008 11:25PM

There's no doubt it's genuine wack job material and is probably designed to shut down your mind. A lot of the videos are painful to watch and the written work would only appeal to those who lack basic skills in English. But still it would all have a hypnotic effect on the target audience.

Desteni Productions, which only seems to have been up and running for the past couple of years, are carrying out an intensive promotional campaign in certain quarters of the web, attempting to lure in anyone into stuff like UFO religions or David Icke. While it certainly might appear to be nothing more than a joke to any reasonable person, if you look at the information about this group in more detail, the signs are very bad. It appears to be a serious attempt at establishing a fully-fledged, exploitative cult with a sort of gnostic, scientology-like bent. I have a feeling we're going to be hearing a lot more about Desteni Productions in the not so distant future.

Posted by: Sunny1 ()
Date: October 31, 2008 05:39AM

I never knew about this specific cult, but for everyone's information there seem to be many UFO believers in conspiracies who believe that people from the government are “reptile” aliens. It really sounds weird I do not know where this ideology originated from. This website tries to further the government conspiracies theories that 9/11 was planned by saying reptile aliens are in control of our government. A lot of the information on the site is hard to find, and very damaging to a youngsters mind and belief system. It is really a lot of bad stuff.

Check out this UFO website to understand the who's who behind these weird claims: www.burlingtonnews.net/interviews.html

Posted by: Darryl Thomas ()
Date: December 09, 2008 03:04PM

Sandman
From the messages at YouTube, which seems to be the main recruiting ground for this fledgling organisation, there are already some disgruntled former subscribers.

Anyone here with any connection to Desteni who'd like to make any comments about it?

Hello, I'm one of the moderators on the Desteni forum, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the Desteni message. Here I will lay out the basic perspectives of the Desteni message. Some of it will sound very strange, but all of our research has been verified by those who have participated (many unwillingly and used deception to hide their tracks).

Desteni is not a cult. There is nothing or no one venerated or made into a figure of worship. Well, except maybe Life, which has been abused by human beings in every way. This abuse is unacceptable, and we begin breaking away from what is allowed by no longer allowing such acceptances within ourselves. Thus, we strictly adhere to self-honesty in every breath. Self-forgiveness which purifies our nature, and corrective, living self-application which is how change within a being takes place. We also suggest writing as a tool to self-discovery.

The above is our basic platform. These specific applications were instituted by the results of our research done interdimensionally when in the process of assisting demons to transcend their conditions. Demons have been greatly misunderstood in human history, and many beliefs about them have made erroneously attached to them. Demons in every case turned out to be human beings who died in extremely traumatic conditions, and were trapped within the emotional energetics symbolized by their deaths. A great number of these demons were children. And all demons were trapped on what was called 'the demon dimension' which was superimposed on earth. It was later discovered Heaven's attitude towards these trapped humans was singular: a total and complete disregard to those beings. Since no one on Earth had ever witnessed the goings-on regarding Heaven, nobody had any idea what the true nature of demons were. It was only within the process of assisting demons was this discovered.

When the interdimensional portal opened up (within the young woman who appears on the videos), she was able to consciously leave her body while the demon entered her to be healed. She discovered what was really happening and immediately informed Bernard, who was then an 'ascension lightworker' who could communicate with various beings in the dimensions.

Then the question was asked of Heaven: Why is Heaven not directly participating in this world? Why are children allowed to be abused?

You see, the condition of the world - which is constant, never-ending abuse of life committed by human beings - is accepted and allowed by everyone as 'the way things are.' The condition of the world is unacceptable, and exists only because of self-interest of those who have and serve money and want to ensure that their own butt is covered. The rest can go to hell. This attitude was also found in Heaven. "As above, so below."

This attitude is unacceptable.

What we have found defies belief. It defies belief because it has been experienced. Therefore we are sharing what we discovered. All the demons were eventually rounded up and all applied self-forgiveness and transcended their state with no help from Heaven, save for Jesus and some others. Their stories can be found on our wesite at desteni.co.za I will be happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Darryl Thomas

Date: December 10, 2008 09:45PM

Thanks, Daryll. You say Desteni is not a cult, yet in all the numerous postings found on the web re: Desteni, it has frequently been referred to as a cult. The website you've provided a link to has a video on the first page called 'Cult Farm Confidential' (meaning the Desteni Farm), so someone else at Desteni describes it as a cult, even if you don't, and even if they are using that term in an ironic way.

Certainly, the strange ideas you describe about heaven, interdimensional portals, demons, emotional energetics, the world being evil, certain moral practices etc, are what most people would regard as belonging to a cultic belief system. And there are far more weird beliefs, ideas and practices discussed at the Desteni forum, which appears to involve a lot of disaffected youngsters.

It is also apparent that Desteni is centred around the charismatic figure of one man, Bernard Poolman. Again, there are various references made about him elsewhere on the web that suggest he is, amongst other things, a leader of sorts.

So forgive me if I've jumped to any wrong conclusions, and perhaps you can set me straight, but if it walks and talks like a cult, if it smells like one, then it probably is a cult.

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: December 10, 2008 11:44PM

Hi my name is Andrea and I am one of the founding members of Desteni

I would like to answer your questions. At Desteni we present self honesty tools, which assists each person to use common sense evaluations of what is here and how to asist themselves within who we have become as the nature of man. I have also done dimensional work therefore for me the interviews done through the portal are relevent, meaning that it is done by a dimensional being. I do understand though that if you do not see or hear or access dimensionality - then seeing the portal or a dimensional message as 'valid' must be difficuilt. However what we suggest to people is to not worry about who presents the message but rather what is being said. Look for yourself at what is being presented and the practical solutions for all.

On the website we have many articles and videos on the design of man and how each are able to work through accepted designs using self forgiveness and self honesty. The forum is where everybody get together to share examples on the work each do and solutions for what we have accepted in this world that exists within each: eg greed, desire, want, emotions, pre-programmed thoughts etc.

I did a scid a while back on: 'Is money a cult' and compared everything described to be a cult to every definition and value given to money: [www.youtube.com] The same exercise could be applied to society, family, relationships, orginisations, religions, establishments, any construct designed within this world. Have you guys taken on the cult of money, religion and society or do you only talk about the 'cliched' groups, which you are not able to define or place inside a box or you are not 'dependent' on for your apparent 'survival' within the system? Remember what is seen as 'cult behaviour is largely based on opinions and not practical common sense.

The members who were banned on the desteni forum all wanted to be special or have us tell them that their accepted dishonesties are ok and that we will support them in their programmed behaviour instead of them supporting themselves in self honesty and self corrective action. The point is we are responsible for what is here and therefore we are the solutions. If we drop all illusions and take responsibility for ourselves then we are able to find solutions

So, question away..

Andrea

Date: December 11, 2008 03:00AM

Andrea, thanks ... I've no idea what a "scid" is, but money is a medium of exchange, not a "cult". You can use the term "cult" metaphorically and apply it to all kinds of activities, and to a greater or lesser extent there might be a point to make, but this forum is about cults in the literal sense. Also this forum deals in the subject of cults not as cliches but as real social phenomena that have the potential to cause harm.

Cult behaviour is not "largely based on opinions", it is based on objective evidence. If you belong to a group that is centred around the pronouncements of mainly one person and which shares beliefs about demons, UFOs and portals that are by any standards totally bizarre and outlandish, and you regard the whole world as insane with the only refuge the group you belong to, then we can assume that you are involved in something which is beginning at least to demonstrate signs of becoming a cult.

Certain phrases you use and which are so often used by Desteni members, such as "self honesty", "common sense", "dimensional being", "dimensional portal", "programmed behaviour", "dimensional work", "self-forgiveness" etc are so much jargon. Of course, they might have their own meaning in some other context, but in Desteni, the meaning of these key terms is loaded as they are central to the Desteni world-view or way of life. As far as I can tell, that world-view or way of life has largely been formulated and upheld by one man and the only real message of the "portal" is: "join Desteni".

You are welcome to clarify any of that but I really don't think you're going to win over anyone from this forum.

Current Page: 1 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.