Re: Ole Nydahl and Diamond Way Buddhism
Posted by: Alexander Nevsky ()
Date: April 16, 2012 06:53AM

I am shocked that on one hand this newspaper publishes such excellent articles like this:
[www.guardian.co.uk]

and on the other hand they sell Ole Nydahl's books as if that was perfectly all right. With full respect Corboy I think that sexual abuse in diamondway is much more serious and it goes deeper than in Rigpa. I will write about it more latter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 17, 2012 01:12AM

What worries me however in Mary Finnigan's writing is that she criticizes everybody but Ole Nydahl and Karmapa Thaye Dorje. No word of criticism about these two. And The Guardian clearly promoting Ole Nydahl's book.... What's going on here?????

It is sad for me to see that this respectable and reputable newspaper is either biased or chooses profit over integrity.

Isn’t it strange that a newspaper which claims to have a progressive intellectual edge promotes a book of a radical and an anti-Islamic activist that Ole Nydahl is.

I find it insensitive towards feelings of people whose lives have been badly bruised by Ole Nydahl’s extremist and fundamentalist groups. And especially during the period of Anders Behring Breivik’s trial.

[Moderator's note: Posting contact information is against the rules]

The Guardian editor in chief is Alan Rusbridger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 01:33AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Misstyk ()
Date: April 17, 2012 04:06AM

Alexander Nevsky
What worries me however in Mary Finnigan's writing is that she criticizes everybody but Ole Nydahl and Karmapa Thaye Dorje. No word of criticism about these two.
I'm only aware of Finnigan criticizing Sogyal. She has made Sogyal her "project", and, for better or for worse, keeps her focus on him. I imagine tracking his activities and keeping up with the mail she gets from his victims keeps her busy. I'm not aware of her criticizing any other TB teachers. If my impression is incorrect, please let me know who else she has criticized, and post links, if any are available.

Has the German Buddhist Union come out with a statement about Nydahl? If so, and if someone could post a link to it here, we could use that as a quotable authority on Nydahl in letters sent to the Guardian.

Please don't hesitate to post any info you have on misconduct relating to Karmapa Thaye Dorje. There have been several European women who have posted here during the course of this thread, complaining about encounters with Ole and the Karmapa, saying they're writing books to expose everything. I doubt those would ever go to press, due to Ole's penchant for threatening people with libel suits, but this is just to say that I'm sure Ole is just as bad as Sogyal, and there are people trying to get the word out.

Maybe the Guardian is promoting Ole's book simply because Ole paid for advertising space.

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: April 17, 2012 05:16AM

Hi Alexander,
I guess the story of Vauxhall Society website is too inferior for the Guardian. I was thinking about a small newspaper at the neighborhood of the building which Nydahls devotees want to buy. And from there may be it could spread to other newspapers. Actions of interim injunction, actions of libel and threat of a injunction suit should be researched if they took place in this case, so that the websites had to be closed down. It is important to show how they act.

Misstyk, of course I have contact to the press and of course an investigation procedure by the police and the prosecution against Nydahl is still going on. It´s the first time in the history of jurisdiction that someone who set one in trance -better into Bardo-state, but we don´t have an exact translation for this term- is investigated by both, prosecution and police. For those is no doubt, the result of the trance is a gravios bodily harm and now the question is, wether Nydahl or someone else in the sect was the perpetrator. I know, it were Nydahl and Trinley Thaye, but it is very difficult to witness. And different to sexual abuse no one knows about the secret techniques of tantric Buddhism, so you have to explain and explain. It sounds very legendary!

Here the preliminary comment to a lecture I held in front of psychotherapists and psychiatrists:

I wrote this lecture in 2008 under extremly bad conditions at the time, for example I did not recall me as the person I had been, a major damage, if not a total one of my short-term memory had entered, an experience of what many people have, who where most exposed to repeated traumatic stress. The ability to abstract thinking was severely restricted, most of what I wanted to say had to be written off the “Quellen” (sources) in order to be able to make sense of what I wanted to communicate.

The objective of the female sacrifyce was exactly that: to become a depersonalizsed zombie as a pure receptabel of the transferences I should represent, in my specific case the transferences of the Vajrayogini, due to this my Bodhisattva-name was “Highest Wisdom”. During an inauguration of the new opened buddhistic center in Berlin Ole Nydahl named me or better the empty shell I was “Dorje Phagmo” too, the Tibetan name of the Varayogini.

Today I know the state I was pushed in is the Bardo-state – its phenomena have not gone away until yet- which means one of the secret transferences of Naropa, I quote from Wikipedia: The praxis of the six Yogas implies, caused by its extremly powerful and energetic emanations, thus its specific development of effects and especially its far-reaching consequences, a very high degree of meditative ability and spiritual knowledge.

(I did not have that at all. I liked to meditate but was much too lazy for the Nöndro-practise and all the other excercises like mantra-counting and so on. Why should someone tantalise herselves that much?)

The experiment to perform wholly or partly the six Yogas of Naropa, without any suitable basics as well as instructions and support may be possible but hence there can emerge fatal complications as an irreversible damage of ones physical and psychic systems.”

Leaving aside that I am not a devotee of any secret teachings at all, it was irresponsible, inhumane and criminal for Ole Nydahl and the so called Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje to involve me into such a transference, without my consent.

As I said in other places: They abuse people, above all the women, as material for their own so called way of enlightenment.

Hit the road, Nydahl, you never come back!

Posted by: Oma Desala ()
Date: April 17, 2012 05:32AM

Alexander Nevsky
I am shocked that on one hand this newspaper publishes such excellent articles like this:
[www.guardian.co.uk]

and on the other hand they sell Ole Nydahl's books as if that was perfectly all right.

I wouldn't overinterpret that. This is a quote from their shop's homepage:

"The Guardian Bookshop makes over 180,000 books available"

with over 180.000 books in their shop it is clear they cannot read every book they sell, nor can they check the biography and political background of each of the corresponding authors. And certainly they do nor write the advertising texts about the books themselves but instead use the publisher's texts from some database.

Maybe they cannot even select the authors they are selling because they are possibly connected to some kind of wholesaler. This is how most online bookshops work: you make a deal with a wholesaler who provides you with access to his database, you develop and/or design the shop frontend according to your own corporate identity and make it look like your own store. When the customer buys a book the wholesaler sends it to him with your label and address on the packaging and the customer doesn't even know there's a third party involved. If the Guardian Bookshop works like that they do not even select the individual books they have in their store. Instead they just offer whatever is in the wholsaler's database.

Date: April 17, 2012 07:10AM

Hello karam-mudra,

I understand that you are accusing Ole Nydahl of some kind of sexual abuse. But quite frankly I'm still struggling to understand what exactly it is you are talking about. Do I get it right that your accusation is not one of sexual abuse on a physical level, but rather on a spiritual and/or psychological level?

Best wishes,
Oma Desala

Posted by: pS1bY8pG2l ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:28PM

No, Oma Desala,

I am accusing Nydahl of gravious bodily harm. And the prosecution is still investigating because of this accusation according to the different reports I have got. No word about sexual abuse. When you suffered by a violent opened Kundalini - Bardo is an an equivalent for "open Kundalini" with some special forms- your cerebral metabolism is affected and for ever changed. That´s the fact and you can prove it. And nothing else but this fact is the basis of my accusation.

Date: April 19, 2012 02:22PM

One of my friends commented yesterday, that since Anders Breivik’s process has started his Facebook has been flooded with propaganda movies from diamondway buddhists. Promotion of Ole Nydahl’s books, promotion of lectures of diamondway teachers, promotion of movies about Ole Nydahl, promotion of a movie about Hannah. The movie about Hannah in particular (diamondway showing its soft face).

Syndrome of a collective denial and rebuff? Or a smoke screen and a premeditated action to distract people and prevent them from reaching inevitable conclusions.

Posted by: warrenz ()
Date: April 21, 2012 02:10AM

Alexander Nevsky
What worries me however in Mary Finnigan's writing is that she criticizes everybody but Ole Nydahl and Karmapa Thaye Dorje. No word of criticism about these two. And The Guardian clearly promoting Ole Nydahl's book.... What's going on here?????

Mary Finnigan has been around in print and on the internet forums for many years now and makes an occasional living reporting on scandal in Tibetan Buddhism. Although she is a Buddhist herself I think (I think she may have been a student of Namkhai Norbu at one stage) she seems to prefer to write about the juicy stuff rather than provide anything more discursive or thought-provoking. Perhaps that's what sells.

I have no reason to doubt what she says about Sogyal - that has been fairly common knowledge in Tibetan Buddhist circles for many years. Although he has cleaned up his act to some degree in the last few years. Perhaps due the publicity of MF and others. However I do not really think her analysis or knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism or Tibetan Buddhist politics is particularly sophisticated.

Her latest article in the Guardian (cf. Mary Finnigan on Kalu Rinpoche) I note quotes "respected British Lama Jampa Thaye". He is the founder of the Dechen community and teaches in the Kagyu and Sakya schools of Tibetan Buddhism. He is a supporter of Shamar Rinpoche's candidate and I think cooperates with the Diamond Way organization in sponsoring visits of Thaye Dorje to the UK (cf. Ole Nydahl and Jampa Thaye).

It maybe that Ms. Finnigan has her own ideas on Ole and the Karmapa or has got these from Jampa Thaye. From her Guardian articles she does not seem to have written anything overtly critical about Karmapa Orgyen Thinley Dorje. However, how she has managed to stay away from Ole's shennanigans is a mystery. I would have thought she would have jumped at the chance.

Date: April 21, 2012 10:26PM

warrenz
Her latest article in the Guardian (cf. Mary Finnigan on Kalu Rinpoche) I note quotes "respected British Lama Jampa Thaye". He is the founder of the Dechen community and teaches in the Kagyu and Sakya schools of Tibetan Buddhism. He is a supporter of Shamar Rinpoche's candidate and I think cooperates with the Diamond Way organization in sponsoring visits of Thaye Dorje to the UK (cf. Ole Nydahl and Jampa Thaye).

Are you seriously trying to ostracise Mary Finnegan because she wrote that somebody is a respected lama who is on the side of Shamar Rinpoche and Thaye Dorje?

First of all, she used the word "respected", which is a descriptive term, as opposed to "respectable" which would be an evaluative term. Secondly, you seem to imply that everybody in contact with Shamarpa and Thaye Dorje is per se not respectable. This is a form of outlawry which has nothing to do with constructive rational criticism.
If you don't agree with some of Mary Finnegan's theses, why don't you just open a new thread about her articles and discuss her theses rationally instead of going ad hominem with unfounded insinuations and attemts to ostracise her?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.