Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: April 03, 2016 02:05AM

corboy and Vox ~ your posts are golden and full of great points.

Aloha girl’s blog is still on my mind. It is doubtful she had the opportunity to read my open letter. The following is a quote from author Jon Rappoport about group thinking and the cost to the individual. It reminded me of the mind set of Butler followers and their instant rejection of all criticism of their guru.

Author, Jon Rappoport

I’m not trying to discourage any and every group response—but I am saying, without question, that every major covert op is played in order to eradicate the idea of the individual. This is basic mind control. This is the reason mind control exists: to elevate “group” over “individual.”

Mind control tries to make individuals think of themselves as helpless pieces on the chessboard.

Mind control tries to make individuals surrender their free will.

Mind control tries to make individuals believe they have no place in the modern world.
Rather, they must be part of a group; otherwise, they’re invisible.

If you could walk into a person’s mind, as if it were a post office, and if you could get rid of every letter and package that extolled, or surrendered to, The Group, you would see that person rise to a new height. You would see a renewal on a grand scale.

But introduce a fact or idea that challenges The Group and alarms go off. “Reject that fact! Reject it! It’s false! It has to be false! Maintain stability!”

The Butler cult may seem a low level cult compared to some others. One of the most damaging of abuses is done to the children. It comes in the form of shunning, as Rama has described, or with the separation from non-devotee parents and family members.

I was struck by the following article about a much larger and influential group. On the religious spectrum, some offshoots are cultish, while others are just extremely orthodox. Some adherents have been accused of culty craziness, including child abuse, while others are respectable community members. One set thinks their dead Rebbe is the Messiah, while others do not. The point being is that this Chassidic group does not condone typically dangerous cult practices. I would caution any one about getting involved with the Lubavitchers, but their synagogues have governing boards and other checks and balances. Rabbis are not considered infallible.

A liberal view, might even see the Butler cult in the same way. Except with the Butler cult, abuses are policy and institutionalized. I am especially referring to the practice of shunning former members who no longer “believe”. What follows is an interesting article about a Chassidic woman who left the group but retained her relationship with her family. She is lucky. The Butler cult could learn a thing or two from this story…
Leaving Lubavitch

Chaya Deitsch, Author of “Here and There: Leaving Hasidism, Keeping My Faith"
One of her four sisters still is in the Lubavitch world; the others all have left. The family, though, still is very close. “I give my parents all the credit,” Ms. Deitsch said. “It was all on them, and they said, ‘How else were we going to respond? Your happiness is important to us.
“‘You are our daughter.’”

Simply put, in the Butler cult, your child's happiness is not a priority. You are taught that you are only a semen or egg donor and that all this talk of love, bliss and happiness is reserved for the guru and the after life. A mother's natural love for her child is displaced by fear and hatred of non-devotees.

Aloha girl, I would hope that in the remaining time you have, that instead of wasting your time focusing on your so-called enemies, that you would create meaningful memories for your husband and children, and help to free them from the cult.

Gandalf
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring - Gandalf speaks to Frodo in Moria

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 03, 2016 10:24AM

Thank you Vera, I have to admit that Aloha Girl’s blog was incredibly disturbing in that, much like the videos that are posted to advertise the so-called Bhakti Yoga Shack- it was filled with this super sweet version of Butler’s wonderful mish-mash dogma of Love and Bliss.....blah blah blah, ad nauseum.
Your recollection of Butler reducing family to just semen and egg-donors reminded me of something else.
Back in the mid to late 80’s after everyone had gotten married (?) sometimes again..the babies started to arrive (poor things).
Do you all remember what was the order of the day?
You know how everyone was told they are not the body?
Well apparently right behind that came- these are not YOUR kids, in fact everyone was told to teach their children to call the parents- er, oh.. the sperm and egg donors- by their devotee name!
There was to be no “mommy" no “daddy”.

That’s right Butler,break down the family unit even more!

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: April 04, 2016 08:15PM

Vox~
No, I did not know that the children in the Butler group do not call their parents Mom or Dad. That idea of calling your parents by their first names was a hippie thing, but in this case I guess that it is another way to maintain control. Why not call Mom, "Hey, Egg Donor, what's for breakfast?" and Dad, "Where are the car keys, Sperm Contributor!" But no, they have to call them by their "krishna" names to trigger the thought stopping indoctrination.

This also seems to be a good way to rationalize why so many children in the cult have multiple half siblings and divorces. After all, parents are only walking uteruses and sperm manufacturing plants. Since, your real parent, husband, friend, is only "Krishna", why not?

I can not fathom what it would be like to grow up in a culture where your parents are focused on otherworldly things and imagining a fantasy relationship with a guru. It is even worse that they force this projection on to their children. It's like raising your family with an imaginary friend. Except that Butler is not as harmless as the character in the movie Harvey

Their is no objective biographical truth in the Butler narrative. It is a projection of the follower's fantasies onto a stranger. It is fiction. But it is not just some shit randomly concocted by wishful thinking. It is a well crafted lie promoted cynically by Butler himself. It is the capricious fancy of Butler and his co-conspirators. It's a nice dream, but with no real substance. This is precisely why Butler has been hiding out for so many years. If followers as far off as Poland or the Philippines, or as close as Hawaii really knew how boring, uninspired, and fearful his real life is - it would shatter all their delusions.

Anna Freud famously said,
“In our dreams we can have our eggs cooked exactly how we want them, but we can’t eat them.”

But Butler is the one eating their dreams.

Butler is literally and figuratively eating both his followers dreams and their eggs.

Author Kim Brooks
“Do you think,” I asked another friend, “you can fall in love with someone you don’t actually know?”

He laughed. “Of course,” he said. “I think it’s much, much easier that way.”

So followers willingly serve the fantasy because it is easier to live life with false clarity and self righteousness than to deal with the messy world of truth and personal responsibility. The paradox is that when you grapple with reality, you have an opportunity to gain an unimaginable wisdom, a sense of pleasure and empowerment, and a liberality not accessible to the fanatic.

When you can learn to look at things from multiple perspectives you discover that there is no single solution to any problem. You learn that no one is, nor needs to be infallible to do good in the world. You gain flexibility in your thinking and can truly appreciate different people and cultures. You can even love and communicate with family members that do not believe the same as you do.

You are sadly lacking if you think Butler is some kind of spiritual virtuoso. He is not. There are authentic masters who are purposefully obscured from you. Some don't even offer you a religion or a practice, but whose life examples or deeds stand alone to inspire. They are the ones of whom Shakespeare wrote, What a Piece of Work is Man But Butler is like Q in this clip (but without the Continuum and powers). He is fearful that man will catch on to their true capacities, ambitions, and strength.

Old Chris is afraid that if his followers discover the truth of his ordinariness that they will leave.

And they will.

From Hamlet

Hamlet:
What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Polonius:
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 08:20PM by Vera City.

Date: April 05, 2016 03:30AM

I can only offer my heartfelt thanks & gratitude to our Creator- for not awarding
Butler with a voice that would/could mesmerize milliions.

Instead, behold a mewling, pathetic miscreant of a worm.
Who can only enthrall...dozens, perhaps, and only for a short bit of time.

He who would be King- is nothing.

Farewell... King...

"From 'The Life and Death of Richard the Second - Act 3, Scene 2':

King Richard II
Let's talk of graves, of worms, and epitaphs;
Make dust our paper and with rainy eyes
Write sorrow on the bosom of the earth,
Let's choose executors and talk of wills:
And yet not so, for what can we bequeath
Save our deposed bodies to the ground?
Our lands, our lives and all are Bolingbroke's,
And nothing can we call our own but death
And that small model of the barren earth
Which serves as paste and cover to our bones.
For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground
And tell sad stories of the death of kings;
How some have been deposed; some slain in war,
Some haunted by the ghosts they have deposed;
Some poison'd by their wives: some sleeping kill'd;
All murder'd: for within the hollow crown
That rounds the mortal temples of a king
Keeps Death his court and there the antic sits,
Scoffing his state and grinning at his pomp,
Allowing him a breath, a little scene,
To monarchize, be fear'd and kill with looks,
Infusing him with self and vain conceit,
As if this flesh which walls about our life,
Were brass impregnable, and humour'd thus
Comes at the last and with a little pin
Bores through his castle wall, and farewell king!
Cover your heads and mock not flesh and blood
With solemn reverence: throw away respect,
Tradition, form and ceremonious duty,
For you have but mistook me all this while:
I live with bread like you, feel want,
Taste grief, need friends: subjected thus,
How can you say to me, I am a king?”

The Voice

Thanks Vera, I had been searching for the Hamlet speech for 3 decades.
Once, late at night, I watched Richard Burton being interviewed on TV.
He was asked which passage was among his favorites to recite and he paused, took a breath and launched into the most exquisite rendition of "What a piece of work is a man.”
It was truly awe-inspiring.

Butler ...is not!

Henry V Act 4 Scene One
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 05, 2016 09:53PM

One can substitute 'guru' for 'king' but there is this terrifying difference:

Subjects of gurus are convinced the guru has cured them -- and like drug addicts forget all else except remaining close as possible to the guru - never mind friendships and children.

Unlike a king, a guru can used a diseased line of argument to convince us that we are not our bodies.

And what have kings that privates have not too,
Save ceremony, save general ceremony?

And what art thou, thou idol ceremony?
What kind of god art thou, that suffer’st more
Of mortal griefs than do thy worshippers?
What are thy rents? What are thy comings in?

O ceremony, show me but thy worth!
What is thy soul of adoration?
Art thou aught else but place, degree, and form,
Creating awe and fear in other men,
Wherein thou art less happy, being feared,
Than they in fearing?

What drink’st thou oft, instead of homage sweet,
But poisoned flattery? Oh, be sick, great greatness,
And bid thy ceremony give thee cure!

Think’st thou the fiery fever will go out
With titles blown from adulation?
Will it give place to flexure and low bending? (Groveling, kneeling, prostrations)

Canst thou, when thou command’st the beggar’s knee,
Command the health of it? No, thou proud dream,
That play’st so subtly with a king’s repose.

Which is why Butler has had his private coronation and donned the hollow crown:

The tinfoil hat, the tinfoil walls, and in its midst, that orb of sovereignty --

The White Plastic Ball.

Date: April 06, 2016 05:05AM

HA! Touche’ Corboy.

When the local Butler goons come a callin’...

Posted by: IanKoviak ()
Date: April 07, 2016 05:07AM

Interesting listen: [www.cbsnews.com]

Tax Payers Indirectly Subsidized This Behavior
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 07, 2016 05:35AM

Those who were born into the Butler cult and who went short on food should consider having a discussion about this with a knowledgeable physician. Here are some matters to consider:

(Glaring) Persons who starve in utero or in very early life have been shown to develop permanent impairments in immune function.

[www.google.com]

[www.google.com]

There are some indications that this may also increase risk of developing type 2 diabetes later in life.

[www.google.com]

A cold that might make one of us sick for a week could, for them, turn into bronchitis or pneumonia. Influenza outbreaks may hit you harder.

All this to service megalomaniac children in adult bodies -- who resent and devalue the genuine needs of real children entrusted to their care.

The leaders of the Jeffs cult had utter contempt for the US government and for outsiders. Yet they looked for ways to exploit both.

A few quotations. Now...let us ask if this reminds you of anyone you know - wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

[fox2now.com]

Former members of polygamist sect led by Warren Jeffs reveal secrets in FBI documents

“There was so much class distinction and shunning of people,” said a former cook for the family of Bishop Lyle Jeffs, the prophet’s brother and right-hand man. She spoke of seeing shopping carts full of meat and turkeys earmarked for the bishop’s family while others made do with rice and beans.

The new social structure came about, as so many things do in the FLDS, when prophet Warren Jeffs had a revelation. This one came on December 12, 2011, about four months after he started serving the life sentence in Texas.

He told followers that God ordered him to create a United Order of members most worthy of heaven. And, before the month was up, his brother Lyle was lining up members at the old elementary school and quizzing them about their lives and faith to determine who was, indeed, worthy. They were instructed to hand over everything they owned and told the church would provide for their earthly needs.

The prophet — and there is little doubt Warren Jeffs is still the FLDS prophet — chooses who will be included in the United Order. His brothers, Lyle and Seth, serve as “bishops” and carry out the prophet’s wishes at FLDS compounds along the Utah-Arizona border and in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

The cook, Allene Jeffs Steed, told the FBI last year that while she prepared feasts of lobster and shrimp for the bishop, her own children “lived off toast.” She used duct tape to hold her kids’ shoes together. And hers wasn’t the only FLDS family to go without.

“We were literally starving,” Sheryl Barlow told the FBI in February. She lived in a house with 40 people and said they subsisted on noodles, brown rice, tomato juice and, when they were lucky, bread or a few containers of yogurt.

Federal prosecutors allege that food for the families of church leaders was ordered separately from stores such as Costco, while other members were left to shop at a warehouse of pooled resources called “the bishop’s storehouse.” Often, there wasn’t enough in the storehouse for everyone, and those at the bottom of the FLDS pecking order had to settle for whatever was left.

“We had little children that were starving, big people that were starving,” Barlow said. “It wasn’t enough to sustain.”

Fear and small numbers have long silenced the “apostates,” as the FLDS calls its turncoats. They’d be cut off from their families, shunned and harassed. Now, there are just too many of them. In some cases, entire families are leaving the fold

As that trial ended, another case began in Salt Lake City with criminal charges filed accusing 11 FLDS members — including Lyle and Seth Jeffs — of engaging in a food stamp swindle and money-laundering scheme that raked in some $12 million.

“Bleeding the beast,” the FLDS calls it. The “beast,” of course, is the federal government.

While families entitled to the food stamps went hungry, federal prosecutors allege, church leaders funneled food purchased with federal assistance into their own pantries or illegally exchanged food stamps for cash to plow into church projects — including publication of the prophet’s 854-page book of prison revelations, titled “Jesus Christ, Message to All Nations.” One witness who worked in the front office estimated the printing costs at $250,000.

Cash was obtained by ringing up ghost “purchases” at two FLDS-owned stores in Short Creek, according to a federal indictment accusing bishops Lyle and Seth Jeffs and nine other church members in a scheme to fraudulently obtain food stamp cards and launder money. At times, the FLDS stores’ food stamp sales rivaled those at Costco or Walmart, federal authorities alleged. They say the laundered cash was used on big-ticket items such as a Ford F-350 truck ($30,236), a John Deere tractor ($13,561) and $16,978 in paper products, to list a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2016 05:44AM by corboy.

Date: April 07, 2016 10:09AM

Yes, of course, both cults sound very similar in their swindling of the government. The fraud committed by both the Butler cult and the Jeffs cult are exactly the same. That even included the multiple wives scenario!

Both cults have “Not for Profit" status while a very small group of elites live a very nice life on the backs of those in the lower echelons.

And both cults exist to serve a very few at the top.
Meanwhile the little guys at the bottom are barely scraping by.
And still their devotion never wavers.
It boggles the mind.

This is also the blueprint for mind control and manipulation, the so-called Stockholm Syndrome.
Deprive someone of sleep- work them overtime and make sure they do not get the proper nutrition or medical care!
Pretty soon, you can control them at will and get them to do whatever you want.

I think ol' Warren Jeffs needs company....

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: April 13, 2016 04:22AM

Rama Ranson wrote of Chris Butler and the SCIENCE of IDENTITY

This is a criminal and corrupt Mafia (like organization) with no oversight, total compartmentalization, zero transparency and complete authority bestowed upon a delusional man with a messianic complex and a cult of personality worshipping his existence, drinking his footbath water, eating his rotten leftovers and even ingesting his toenails.( like a holy Communion for the Catholique .)

Thats one of the best description in a nutshell of Chris Butler organization

Actually Mike Gabbard does both ...this freaking hypocrite does go to the Catholique church and eat the flat waffle (body of Christ ) and in private eats the toe nails of his guru Chris Butler .
Its frightening to think that a mad man could have that much influence
on a group ...and have been able to put one of his puppet in the congress of the USA ...looks like only his death ...or a major scandal now will be the big deprogrammer of all those blind followers .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.