Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:19AM

zelig
you jogged my memory. Yes, there was a school. There was talk about letting local kids go to the school - that's why they adopted the Hawaiian name. I think Mike wanted this, but CB didn't. And CB would not give a dime to the school. That is correct. He did not value kids and now blames parents for raising "cats and dogs"! Such and asshole! :evil:

And Mike wasn't the virulent homophobe back then. It's all politics. I don't think these people know what to believe in any more except what CB tells them. Nor do I think he has an ounce of self left, nor care for any thing as long as he gets elected. If it serves him to be Catholic, he'll be Catholic. If it serves him to serve CB, he'll do that. He'll sink on Bai Long Jyong Yan Can Doo Doo Whatever's ship. Now his family is intermarried with "dynasty devotees". He's in for life. Sold his soul.:evil:

If my memory serves me, I believe that Mike and Carol were initiated by CB and not ACB. In fact when I first met them, they were the most regular people in the group. They were neither "hippie"-surfer types nor ISKCON types at all. They seemed, well, normal. Maybe that is why Hawaii voted for him. Seems like a sincere and ordinary guy. :lol: :twisted:
quote]

I wonder what had killed the school as it only lasted 3 years? If they had invited the public into the school what would the parents have thought about the chanting Hare Krishna?

The funny thing about the homophobia is that just over four years after his short-lived schooling career ended he had two radio shows where he spoke against homosexuality and he started the 'Stop Promoting Homosexuality Hawaii' and 'Stop Promoting Homosexuality International' organisations. He even had the multiple protest mobs to prove it. He seemed rather quickly incited to hatred of homsexuals.

It's not that hard to see why a bellboy/mailman/vege burger flipper/home english and math tutor/confectionary & airconditioner salesman would join a cult if that cult made him senator. He was even fine with his daughter choosing to go to Iraq despite the fact she hadn't been deployed as an added bonus to his vote count.

The other thing is that his children all have devotee names when the oldest would have been born in 1970. This also suggests that he would have possibly been initiated by ACB.

During this time he was in Sonoma University California and his whereabouts for the 6 years prior seems to be unknown after leaving Chocawhatchee highschool where he claimed to spend time surfing during 64-65.

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: May 11, 2007 10:47AM

Dassi
Something I have always wanted to know-
If a blue boy god made it with 108 pink chicks
why didn't he create a race of purple people?

:lol:

Could have been a recessive gene ...
over time the dominant black/white genes took over!

:lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: May 11, 2007 10:51AM

zelig
I couldn't resist posting on the 108th page! :lol:

When were these Chinese names adopted? Do you see CB moving into China or marketing to the Chinese public now? New markets? Or is this old news?

Yep, new markets indeed...

China being such a manufacturing giant ...

Read: material goods
Read: stuff
Read: MONEY!

Sid should change his name to "Ka-Ching"
(sounds like the cash register bringing in more money!)

:wink:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: May 11, 2007 11:27AM

What you do not know is that Mike was a tennis pro prior to 1984. It was also a common practice for parents to rename their children who had "karmi" names with devotee ones when they affiliated themselves with the group. This practice was encouraged and very common. So the children's names do not prove that Mike was initiated by ACB. Also, many people who have never been initiated also have named their children and even pets devotee names.

The school did not have chanting sessions, but the reading and writing contained both secular material as well as Krishna stories. It most likely failed because parents could not pay the tuition that would support Mike and the other teachers and their families, along with supplies and rent. Running a private school on tuition alone is next to impossible.

And homophobia did not come out all of a sudden in a vacuum. It was not an issue at all in the first "Independents for Godly Government" campaign. Anti-abortion was, anti-development was. Homophobia came out of a different context. The early 1980's saw a horrible pandemic begin in the gay, male population. AIDS was a greatly misunderstood and therefore greatly feared disease. No one knew where it came from, how it was spread, only who was initially getting it. It was thought to be the "gay disease". It surely fit into CB's germophobic and "tilly"phobic state of mind.

In America, the 1980's was also a time when "the Christian Coalition" and the "Moral Majority" was gaining a lot of power and popularity. They had an anti-abortion stance along with an anti-gay marriage platform. It was aligned with the religious ideas of krishna consciousness. You will find prohibitions against homosexuality from the proponents of the Vedas. They will cite verses that speak of homosexuality coming out of the anus of Maha Vishnu during the creation. So this is not peculiar to CB.

CB was just trying to ride the waves of popular culture (?) for his own agenda and twisted religious views. Mike just went along with whatever his guru said and the payoff has been big for him. To really judge how much of a puppet he is to a cult agenda, one would have to study his full voting and law making record carefully.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: May 11, 2007 11:32AM

just-googling

Yep, new markets indeed...

China being such a manufacturing giant ...

Read: material goods
Read: stuff
Read: MONEY!

Sid should change his name to "Ka-Ching"
(sounds like the cash register bringing in more money!)

:wink:
[b:e3c44bdb6d]The KaChing Dynasty! [/b:e3c44bdb6d] [/color:e3c44bdb6d][/size:e3c44bdb6d] :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: May 11, 2007 12:01PM

Source Watch seems to have certain standards regarding postings similar to Wikepedia (anyone can add something).
CB is known to operate under the wire, making claims difficult to say the least. The Rick Ross forum is blasted as a "speculatory discussion on the group, unsubstantiated claims put forward by individuals of questionable credentials". This is a direct quote spun by (planted by) SOI and lifted from Wikepedia. Funny, because no one needs "credentials" to speak the truth.

Seems like some serious ferreting is in order to put the site right.

[www.sourcewatch.org]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:25PM

Hi Zelig,

We do speculate on some points which is why we put forward sugguestions as to what we consider to be possible and state it as such. The process of making sugguestions and others putting forward their opinions and knowledge, the exchange on this board, is what is helping to document and expose SoI and stimulate memories.

With regard to being a tennis pro Mike does mention this on his resume but the only detail is that he worked in 1977 as a tennis coach, which it seemed like use of pro with only this detail may have been an exaggerration as to his experience. Did he have any level of success at this?

I have heard of the practice of changing chidren's names to the extent of a legal name change. Not sure how common this practice is though - any ideas?

What I have heard about the schooling over and over and going back twenty years is that it is insufficient and that in the Phillipines school there has been incidences of abuse and of children being put to work in lieu of being educated.

There is surely a lot of political currency in homophoia particularly around the early eighties. Gay marriage has not so much been in the political agenda prior to the nineties it is seen as the last stand more or less towards equality since most of the agenda in gay liberation politics has been on allowing homosexuality to be made legal - no point in wanting marriage when one is not even permitted to choose a same sex partner even on the most casual basis. Then the eigthies was taken up with addressing HIV/AIDs and homophobia.

I find the concept of "traditional marriage" amusing as if the notion of tradition grants validity - how far back should we go with traditional lifestyles? Traditionally men hunt wild beast for dinner and drape themselves in the skins for clothes. Traditionally when one gets sick they apply a leech to the effected area and get on about with their business. Mankind live in caves or huts and have only what they need which is practically what they can carry when moving on to the next wild beast populated area. Traditionally offerrings were made to the demigods to curry favour for whatever was required. All medical, political, economic and spiritual development and advancement should be halted and reversed according to traditionalist stance.

I have not seen or been offerred the scripture that specifically condemns homosexuality in the Vedas. What Sid openly states about homosexuals and what is contained in the student level on upwards lectures are two very different things. He is capable of putting up a front of compassion and spiritual based reasoning - but like most things does nothing about it. His followers, including the illustrious Radha Krishna das who has surrendered in trying to reason with the demon girl ;) are assurred that if one chants and hears from a pure devotee that doing things like being attracted to other men will become impossible, that the desire will be overcome by love for God. Lets see them prove this - it's simple enough. If Gays are such a threat to society and Siddha and his followers are endowed with such wisdom and compassion then why are they not out converting the heathen homosexuals? I'll give you a hint Chris - calling people fags and sending your disciple dressed up as the Grim Reaper to a gay pride march aren't indicative of compassion or non judgement and aren't conducive to getting your message across.

I listen to and read Chris Butler's books and selections from the scriptures everyday, look at him and pictures of Krishna which are apparently non-different to them and hear his lectures etc. How is it possible to do what I am doing when this is the case? How is it possible that a student of eight years is how he is? Another claim tested and disproven.

How come by the way God can divide himself between 16 000 wives but he can only find the time to be with one guru?

With sourcewatch I have communicated with the guy that runs it and he lacks the understanding of cults to know that he is serving as a tool to promote them. As far as getting information out there are many much better and supportive sources available and media attention/activism to work on. Sourcewatch is really just one site. In time I have faith that working on making it understood that SoI is a destructive cult will see more support coming from outside sources.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: martid ()
Date: May 12, 2007 01:33PM

Guys, I just started reading this thread here & I'd like to thank you for exposing the hypocrisy of this organization.

I had attending their lectures & get together's in LA for about 2 months. They used to watch Jagad Gur's lectures & read from his books. They have(or at least used to have) a small group of people come together every weekend. This fellow by the name of Harry Larsen (Harihara das or something like that -- a youngish white guy) also used to give lectures. The aussie actress, Radha Mitchell also showed up a few times at the get-together's they had.

Anyway, I realized the hypocrisy of what they did vs what they said & said goodbye to them. Wish I had read this stuff before I went there, so I woudn't have wasted my time.

Just wanted to say keep up the good work!!

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: MeanReds ()
Date: May 12, 2007 05:17PM

Here is a discussion by two of Siddha's ex-followers from the 70s.

[www.indiadivine.org]

Stoneheart and Mahak are both regular posters on several internet forums and they both tell their stories of meeting Siddhaswarup although generally they are defensive of his preaching style which some consider to be greatly different to that of his guru.

Stoneheart is Babhru prabhu who met Sai in 1969 and was initiated in Hawaii by Bhaktivedanta swami the same month as Siddha was in California.

Mahaksa dasa had met Siddha's followers who were running Laguna temple in the early 70s and was initiated in Hawaii in 74.

Both state that they were involved in Independents for Godly Government when it started in 76 although Babhru left for ISKCON San Diego shortly afterward. Mahak claims that he was involved in making many offenses against Siddha around this time of which he now seems highly remorseful. I will post links to thier stories shortly as they do offer a recollection of the time in the 70s.

In 1977 NZ government legalized abortion under extreme cases yet loosened the laws in 78. I'm not sure where Babhru got the idea that the plan was to blow McDonald's or if this was true but there was some damage to abortion clinics before "Curly" Dave and another follower had blown themselves up making the bombs. The story was published in a Newzealand paper at the time if anyone has access to the archives they can look into it.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: May 12, 2007 11:35PM

:idea: Maybe Sid's plan is to transfer
the yoga mat production
to China

If he could get 5000 Chinese
working at $2 a day
to donate half their pay
that would be 30 x 5000
or an extra $150000 added to his coffers each month! :wink:

After all,
taking money from the working poor
does seem to be Sid's modus operandi
with promises that this will save their souls

:?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.