Re: Chris Butler, Jagad Guru, Science of Identity
Posted by: XKRISHNA ()
Date: February 29, 2024 04:43AM

RUN_FOREST_RUN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's funny. From hippie cult to yuppie Indian
> Hindus. Sounds about right. One could not have
> asked for a more successful outcome for ISKCON.
> It's here to stay.

Really, FORREST, I see ISKCON as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, of the Hindu world. They are the equivalent of the Jehovah's Witnesses, to that cultural context. I mean, both see themselves as theocratic organizations and both place a heavy emphasis on book and literature distribution. The big difference I see is that ISKCON is not constantly looking to the end of the world; they're not as apocalyptic as the Watchtower is. But other than that, they're real similar organizations. Both are ruled over by groups of elderly men who call themselves the "Governing Body," for another example. Do you agree?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2024 04:46AM by XKRISHNA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 29, 2024 08:18AM

Windle Turley (Google that name) was asked to compare the abuse and the response by the Krishnas and the Catholics. He said, "The Hare Krishnas are far more vicious in what happened to the children. The Roman Catholics are far more sophisticated in handling litigation, and no one is as good at concealment as the Catholics.”

[groups.google.com]

Date: March 01, 2024 04:21AM

XKRISHNA Wrote:

> Really, FORREST, I see ISKCON as the Watchtower
> Bible and Tract Society, of the Hindu world. They
> are the equivalent of the Jehovah's Witnesses, to
> that cultural context. I mean, both see
> themselves as theocratic organizations and both
> place a heavy emphasis on book and literature
> distribution. The big difference I see is that
> ISKCON is not constantly looking to the end of the
> world; they're not as apocalyptic as the
> Watchtower is. But other than that, they're real
> similar organizations. Both are ruled over by
> groups of elderly men who call themselves the
> "Governing Body," for another example. Do you
> agree?

In other words, FORREST: the way I see things, ISKCON is to the world of "Hinduism" what the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is to the world of Bible-based religion. It sees itself as a theocratic organization and as the agent of the restoration of the principles of Varnashrama Dharma on this planet today. They have their own books, and a magazine. Srila Prabhupada said (in his books and elsewhere) that monarchy with a righteous king is the best government system and said that American democracy is "demon-crazy." If ISKCON had its way, then the world would be governed over by such a "righteous king," or else a group of Brahmins. They want a global theocracy, ISKCON does, just like the Watchtower. There are so many parallels there. Both organizations think that only they are using the proper Name of God in their worship, and that all other groups fall short.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2024 04:23AM by XKRISHNA.

Posted by: Culthusiast ()
Date: March 01, 2024 06:31PM

XKRISHNA Wrote:
> In other words, FORREST: the way I see things,
> ISKCON is to the world of "Hinduism" what the
> Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is to the world
> of Bible-based religion. It sees itself as a
> theocratic organization and as the agent of the
> restoration of the principles of Varnashrama
> Dharma on this planet today. They have their own
> books, and a magazine. Srila Prabhupada said (in
> his books and elsewhere) that monarchy with a
> righteous king is the best government system and
> said that American democracy is "demon-crazy." If
> ISKCON had its way, then the world would be
> governed over by such a "righteous king," or else
> a group of Brahmins. They want a global
> theocracy, ISKCON does, just like the Watchtower.
> There are so many parallels there. Both
> organizations think that only they are using the
> proper Name of God in their worship, and that all
> other groups fall short.

Orthodoxy varnaasrama dharma and the story of Ajamila, a brahmin who married a shudrani... But... But when you read various scriptures, it turns out that there was no such orthodoxy at all. There were exceptional situations, permitted combinations, and suddenly the miraculous division disappeared. The modern world is specialized and hybrid. Is a fireman a kshatriya or a vaisya? He has no weapons, but he protects. And when he pours water on a burning farmer, it is kshatriya, and when he pours water on a burning cowshed or pigsty, it is vaisya? A deeper understanding includes natural tendencies and characters - profit-oriented, preferences for professional activities, intellectual capabilities, domination of emotions, introversion vs. extroversion, adaptation to social roles, etc. For example, who to choose as the director of the tax office - a thief or someone who strictly obeys the law. And it depends on the situation. A thief when the government needs more revenue in the short term? Of course, but in the "satvic" longer term it will result in the outflow of companies from a given district or emigration... 7 fat years, 7 lean years.

The world under the rule of Brahmins - the question is which one - with material or spiritual specializations? And why force those who do not want to believe to believe in God and, according to this philosophy, God gave them a material dimension so that they did not have to believe. Although not following universal moral values leads to vendetta. You did me harm, I will do it to you...

Moral values... Sins. Ultimately, the problems are the same. The brother in God does not pay back the loans on time and the chairman of the church bangs the most beautiful women, he takes the center's money for an important missionary meeting but spends it in the house of this divorcee. They were very orthodox towards sheep, but they let themselves go. They allow. They relax the rules. Because they have position. Because they did so much for the "guru" and God.

"Last Minute to Tunisia". "Yes, yes, oh good, yes, oh God, yes..."

Posted by: RUN_FOREST_RUN ()
Date: March 01, 2024 11:01PM

Looks like Google translate knocked back a few. In other news, Butler's Beach house flooded. His followers were likely blamed.

Posted by: Culthusiast ()
Date: March 02, 2024 02:48AM

RUN_FOREST_RUN Wrote:
> Looks like Google translate knocked back a few.

Going into truth with both eyes and ears open??

> In
> other news, Butler's Beach house flooded. His
> followers were likely blamed.

Was their devotion and faith in "the best guru in the whole world" to weak to stop the Ocean?

Date: March 04, 2024 08:59AM

XKRISHNA Wrote:
> PS: I've never asked him, but I get the impression
> that he is Christian today. I've seen a Bible,
> and certain Christian paraphernalia in his
> apartment. I've heard him talk about God in
> general and respectful terms. So he's not an
> atheist, and he looks like a Christian to me. But
> definitely not an atheist.
>
> I think that for him (like for me frankly) his
> theism is what keeps him hangin' on. But hey
> don't get me preachin'. :-)

We spent the day together today, he and I, and we took LSD together. It was the first time either one of us had done so in more than twenty years. We told one another each other's life stories and ended up friends for life. We bonded through the shared experience. We came to the agreed-upon conclusion that one needs to hear that one is loved, and one needs to tell others that they are loved, like one needs food and water. One cannot live without hearing that one is loved, and showing love to others. Without that, one will simply die. I spent the day with one of the "Vaikuntha Children" and now I have a brother for life. And we're planning on going to church, to Mass, together next week as well. He's a good man, an optimistic man. We went to church together today, sort of. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2024 09:03AM by XKRISHNA.

Posted by: RUN_FOREST_RUN ()
Date: March 04, 2024 10:10AM

That's terrific, XKRISHNA! Very brave of you to take LSD with a broken brother. I'd have myself an unforgettable panic attack and stop loving anything or anyone altogether! It's great to find a deep connection with others, for most it never happens.

RUN.

Date: March 04, 2024 10:18AM

It was awesome, man. We saw the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory. He turned me on to this tripped out Hare Krishna devotee band called Murari, or Murari Band. We took acid together and listened to the Krishna conscious equivalent of Jesus Freak music. It was great. Murari, or Murari Band.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 05, 2024 12:27AM

Just FYI, for historical reference. They made this music at Murari Sevaka, in Tennessee, in the late seventies and early eighties. They're a pretty obscure Hare Krishna band. :-) Listen to those lyrics!

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.