Re: Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Gita ()
Date: November 24, 2008 09:51AM

Customer Reviews
Amazon.com: Christopher Hansard: Books
5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in gold, August 13, 2008
By anonymous "the bug" (Old San Juan, PR, USA)

Initial post: Aug 13, 2008 7:33 AM PDT
anonymous says:
After writing the comment on this book, I read that his Tibetan claims may not be true. No matter if true or not true, his HOW TO's do work. If not true, then should not have made the Tibetan claims, no need to. His genius to give wonderful and positive solutions to any problem would suffice.
Comments made by "anonymous"

His supposed "genius" is a serious mental illness that is currently being supported, facilitated and condoned by such completely ignorant comments. The "wonderful and positive solutions" work because he stole them from legitimate teachings and continues to use them to exploit his patients sexually. Anyone else care to comment? I refuse to sign up for an Amazon Account and purchase books for the sole purpose of refuting a blatant endorsement in all likelihood from Hansard's supporters or Hansard himself. How can pretty prose, mostly stolen and plagiarised be offered as any kind of excuse for how those teachings have been used to molest patients and students over many many years?

As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
Voltaire

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gita ()
Date: November 24, 2008 01:43PM

[bestadviceforum.com]

I have it on good authority that not long ago calditech advised that Hansard troll through various online forums and leave links to his present websites in order to combat the publicity he has been enjoying. It appears he has taken that advice and is plugging himself on various sites and writing his own book reviews. Undoubtedly we will come across more links and 5 out of 5 book reviews as he somehow finds time between molesting his patients.

Thank goodness for Google Alerts!

Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: November 24, 2008 06:46PM

Many online reviews of Christopher Hansard’s books feature some intriguing curiosities, particularly the contributions of some reviewers, whose identities and credentials raise a umber of questions. It seems Mr.Hansard entertains no difficulty in engaging in a vigorous and misleading campaign of self-promotion, after all his business was built upon an exotic fantasy of his own creation. It must be asked if such reviews were/are, in all likelihood, authored by the ‘Master of Dur-Con’ himself or his dwindling band of acolytes?

Let’s take a peek into that Byzantine world, we shall begin with a review featured on Amazon (see the following):

[www.amazon.com]

The Enigma of 'Prof. Sonam Amdongyapa'

‘As a professor of Tibetan culture I can say that this book is genuine and excellent. KB CHAffin's review is interesting and I will inform the family of Mr Hansard's teacher about Mr Chaffin's words. Mr Hansard is a teacher and physician of Tibetan medicine of high calibre as many othodox (sic)doctors, East and West can attest to. The Tibetan Art of Living and Mr Hansards new book, The Tibetan Art of Positive Thinking are powerful translations of Tibetan culture to West that bringsmuch needed clarity and wisdom. Prof. Sonam Amdongyapa (Vienna)’

First observation I should note here is that, as someone who has been actively involved in researching and writing upon Tibet since the late 1980s, I have had the good fortune to develop a number of working relationships with Tibetan academics and writers. Curiously no Tibetan scholars I have approached have ever heard of ’Professor Amdongyapa‘, a rather puzzling fact given the relatively small number of Tibetan Professors, and the obvious pride felt within the Tibetan community when one of their members reaches such a position. Under such circumstances one would reasonably have imagined such a name would have been fairly well known.

I contacted too the Tibetan Community in Austria, as this ‘Professor’ was stated to be based in Vienna, they had never heard of that individual and had no record of that name. I also emailed the Austrian Universities, including private establishments, if they recognized the name of 'Sonam Amdongyapa'. Thus far not a single one has. Do we now begin to conclude this is a fictitious character, created simply to promote Hansard’s book? Who would benefit by adopting a Tibetan sounding name, and bestowing upon themselves a 'Professorship', all for the purpose of endorsing a work by the ‘Master of Dur-Con‘?

Some clues lie in the name itself and certain elements of the review. The family name ‘Amdongyapa’ is peculiar, and not typically Tibetan. The first component ’Amdo’ is taken from a huge region in North Eastern Tibet, which borders China, it is completely unknown to me for Tibetans to name their child after a geographic, cultural and political territory. The normal procedure is that an infant is named by a Lama, who through insight, bestows a name that signifies some particular quality, usually personal or ’spiritual’, and often unique to that person.

However, if we recall Hansard’s so-called ’lineage’ and his ’teacher’, for both of which he made clear associations with Amdo, the name ‘Amdongyapa’ takes on a singular perspective., particularly if the ‘reviewer’ is seeking to reinforce Hansard’s ‘Dur-Con’ claims.

A closer examination of ‘Prof.Amdongyapa’s’ review proves illuminating:

‘As a professor of Tibetan culture I can say that this book is genuine and excellent. KB CHAffin's review is interesting and I will inform the family of Mr Hansard's teacher ………..’

So the authoritative credentials are first established (after all who can argue with a Professor? well I can, and do) Hansard’s book is then stamped with an ‘academic’ seal of approval; but more interesting still, this person, whose name just happens to be formed of a region that figures so large in Hansard’s colourful ‘Dur-Con' invention, is apparently in close contact with the relatives of that mysterious ’teacher’ of Christopher Hansard, who ’himself’ is stated (on a number of Hansard’s Websites) as coming from Amdo! What a convenient circle of coincidence!

No one can expect anything less than deception and cynical manipulation from the Master of Dur-Con.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 06:49PM by jeff bowe.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 24, 2008 09:41PM

"dr." Thomas has been banned from this message board.

Posted by: Elizabeth Newton ()
Date: November 25, 2008 04:54PM

No message really, just got disconnected from the thread a couple of days ago. Great work, people!!

Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: November 25, 2008 05:11PM

I see dr. thomas (gondolf) has limped back to his forum of last resort thinly disguised as mahakala - [www.skeptics.org.uk]

Thank you Gita and colleagues for keeping this thread focussed.

Posted by: jah ()
Date: November 28, 2008 01:42AM

The best description/explanation of Christopher Hansard I've seen yet. At last the pieces are beginning to fall into place: [lizziejanecochran.wordpress.com]

Date: November 28, 2008 05:37AM

Please permit me to direct your attention to a letter published here:

[lizziejanecochran.wordpress.com]

It is a tragic letter. For me all the more so as I met the author a couple of times many years ago. Perhaps hansard leaves a mark on his victims because, like others before her, I soon recognised her attachment to him. I also recognised her vulnerability and authenticity, qualities that he especially liked to take advantage of.

I had been in that position before – confronted by someone hooked in by hansard’s sickness, riddled with doubt and yet still unable to detach from him. I only met her twice and there was nothing I could do to help her. Now all these years later I read her tragic words and I am ashamed.

Now I hear of a psychotherapist who thinks she can heal hansard. I hear of people in the therapy industry who think it ok to benefit from working with hansard. I hear of a teacher of craniosacral therapy who for twelve years has lived in denial about hansard. His own teacher and his wife worked for months with a young man deeply traumatised by hansard.

Hansard is not superhuman but subhuman - a broken dog of a man who will say and do anything to stay on top. His sickness is incurable. Save your healing for his victims. If you are close to him and want to do something useful have him sectioned.

Date: December 08, 2008 06:48AM

The therapy world is silent. That world knows (it is inconceivable that it should not) and stays silent. The naturopaths and chiropractors of London know. The homoeopaths and herbalists of Calgary know. There is silence from the ex-apprentices. There is silence from the business partners, publishers and lawyers. This silence is astonishing and horrifying.*

‘Violence against women and girls continues unabated in every continent, country and culture. It takes a devastating toll on women’s lives, on their families, and on society as a whole. Most societies prohibit such violence — yet the reality is that too often, it is covered up or tacitly condoned.’ - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon, 8 March 2007

source: [www.unifem.org]

‘In 2006, the Secretary-General’s In-Depth Study confirmed that violence against women - whether in the home, workplace or elsewhere - is a particularly egregious human rights violation that must be eradicated.’
source: [www.unifem.org]

Globally, at least one in three women and girls is beaten or sexually abused in her lifetime. (UN Commission on the Status of Women, 2/28/00)

source: [www.feminist.com]

* This statement is loosely based on the following plea. This is done with great respect for its origin and as a call for the continuing pursuit of human rights, regardless of sex, race and religion.

"one of the last messages received by the outside world during the rising of the Warsaw ghetto: ‘The world is silent. The world knows (it is inconceivable that it should not) and stays silent. God’s vicar in the Vatican is silent; there is silence in London and Washington; the American Jews are silent. This silence is astonishing and horrifying.’"

source: [www-english.tamu.edu]

Posted by: pema ()
Date: December 08, 2008 05:39PM

I am not silent Dorje, nor are you. Nor is Lizzie Cochran, nor is Gita. Elizabeth Newton is vocal in NZ. Bteween us we will succeed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.