If you have not already shown your support, or if you need a reason for signing your Jane or John Henry on the Petition, I will give you not 1, but 4 good reasons
“From: < email@example.com
To: <Courant Contributor>
Subject: Re complaint made to Westminster Trading Standarsd Service
Dear Courant Contributor
Your complaint concerning Mr Christopher Hansard has been forwarded to
Westminster Trading Standards for consideration. It would appear that
your complaint can be categorised into four main areas;
1) Firstly that Mr Hansard holds himself out as being a Doctor /Physician,
2) Secondly that he has inappropriate relationships with his clients,
3) Thirdly that there are hygiene issues associated with his practise
4) Lastly that Mr Hansard has no formal training
The first area has previously been investigated by this Service and the
matter was raised with the General Medical Council. The GMC advised that
the controls on the use of the term Doctor or Physician only covered
such claims where they related to medical doctors or physicians of
recognised medicine rather than ‘alternative medicine.’
The second matter concerning inappropriate relationships is not matter
that Trading Standards can deal with as we have no jurisdiction in this
In relation to the third matter concerning hygiene issues at Mr
Hansard’s premises I would advise that you contact the Environmental
Health team on 0207 641 3161 or emailEHConsultationTeam@westminster.gov.uk
with the details of your
With regards to the matter of Mr Hansard having no formal training it
would appear that there is no legal requirement to have formal training
to practice alternative medicine.
I am sorry that we are unable to be of assistance in this matter.
Principal Trading Standards Officer
Department of Community Protection
Westminster City Council
64 Victoria Street
London SW1E 6QP
Tel: 020 7641 2474
Fax: 020 7641 1702
This is one of the many letters that was written to one of the equally many organisations designed to protect the public, the others we are appealing to are the Police, and Christopher Hansard's insurance company.
Reasons to sign your name and show your support for change:
1. Because it appears that anyone is entitled to refer to themselves as a Physician and it would appear that it is perfectly alright to misrepresent yourself to the public by presenting yourself as a "Doctor" or "Master Physician". You need not really be specific what kind of "Doctor" you are at all, just as long as you are not posing as a Medical Doctor.
2. As a complimentary practitioner you can legally coerce your clients into sexual favours during treatment. While complimentary practitioners would like to be treated with the same respect and on par with a Medical Doctor they are not expected to take the same oaths, nor are they expected to be a part of any regulating body, nor do they sign any code of ethics meant to prevent them from preying on vulnerable clients, and let's face the facts here, if they were not vulnerable, if they were not in some way ill, they would not be seeking help in the first place!
3. Many of Christopher Hansard's hygiene practices or lack thereof were recently under question. Many legitimate reasons were provided for investigating or at least assessing his treatment rooms in Victoria. A letter did in fact follow the above and was sent to Environmental Health to no avail. So again it would seem environmental and hygiene standards are also not an issue.
4. And just in case the public for even a moment held the belief that these organisations care a damn about whether or not those like Christopher Hansard actually have any of the credentials he advertised, let alone any credentials or training at all so that you may at least feel safe in the knowing that he has some training, even minimal, it really does not seem to matter in the slightest whether he has any, even the most basic training at all, nor does it matter that he lied about training and continues to advertise himself as a 'healer'.
Does this not bring into question every one in the alternative and complimentary fields, and is it not therefore also in their best interest to insure that the Christopher Hansard's of the world are not permitted to practice and held in the same regard as those who are legitimate practitioners who are genuinely only interested in health and healing? How does the public know, how are we to differentiate?
Those that bought into and continue to buy into Christopher Hansard's lie are not merely an isolated lot of uneducated, unintelligent people. Many of them were professionals in their own right.
Before we disregard his many victims, students, and colleagues as mindless "followers" or "sheep", keep in mind that many of those turning to Christopher Hansard for treatment were in fact very depressed, or emotionally distraught, as uncomfortable and unacceptable as that might be in this present climate, those are the facts. Those who entered his office and attended workshops did so for their own reasons, and they were *gasp* vulnerable. They wanted help, they wanted stability, and they had come to a point in their lives where they felt they needed to look outside of themselves for another perspective perhaps, some leverage, some guidance. Is that not why we all visit the doctor, our lawyer, or pastor? Are we not looking to someone else who has advertised themselves as being an authority in an area having trained in a specific vocation?
Still, outside of that and perhaps outwardly, most of them lead fairly normal lives that most of us can relate to. The only difference was they were sick at the time, they were at vulnerable points in their lives... but was that not the point of going to see someone for help? Were they not trying to do the right most responsible thing for themselves and their families? Some of them having even been referred to Christopher Hansard by other practitioners? So before we disregard and disassociate ourselves from "those other people", bear in mind they are not unlike any of us, those that are attending his office right now, are in fact just like us.
Sign, Support, and Circulate the petition and take a stand.Remove Christopher Hansard from practice