Current Page: 54 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 27, 2007 05:00PM

All contributors will recognize the crucial importance of former associates/clients recounting their personal recollections and exeriences, in assembling a body of testimony documenting reported abuses. However, with respect to the Dur Con invention itself, I would suggest that the inconsistencies, factual errors, plagiarism, lack of credible witnesses and demonstrable deceptions in Christopher Hansard's claims, constitutes pretty damning and persuasive evidence. While it would be a valuable to obtain confirmation from those who were close to the [i:c29f760c13]Master of Dur-Con[/i:c29f760c13], such as former partners and/or colleagues, the weight of evidence exposing the fraudulent nature of Hansard's 'story' is already formiddable.

While efforts to challenge that cynical fiction continues, and will intensify, the focus has rightly turned upon the issue of reported violations, and a collective determination to ensure such abuses are legally challenged and stopped. The suggestions to inform police, local authorities, insurance companies and related medical bodies provide a valuable and effective route to progress the action against Christopher Hansard. I wonder though if such efforts could not be enhanced by arranging a collective declaration, from former associates and clients, that documented such apparent violations. Individual statements and actions are of tremendous importance, however perhaps a coordinated campaign, with the simple objective of justice, could achieve more effective and lasting results?

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Rosemary ()
Date: May 27, 2007 05:45PM

Questions Dorje.............

When you have the chance to I'd greatly appreciate it if you could answers all my questions to you in my last post.

Your answers are greatly appreciated not just by me, but by past apprentices, friends and patients of Christopher Hansards who I know are checking this board to try and come to some understanding about all the lies they were fed by him. And could not understand what went on when he first started out because they have only known him for last 5 yrs.

All I can personally say re: medicines used by Christopher Hansard in his Sloane Sq practice when I was there, was no marijuana or hallucingens were used.
As we had access to all the medicines and could see what they clearly were.

Did he say to you that he was using marijuana and hallucingens? Did you see him use a marijuana plant or different asects of the plant and put it in your medicine?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Lily ()
Date: May 27, 2007 08:32PM

The practice was based on Adam & Eve mews in the early 1990s. It moved briefly to a terrace near Gloucester Road before moving to Kings Road.

I don't think Christopher was ever part of / accredited by any professional body and would therefore not be subject to a code of ethics or disciplinary procedures for breach of a code of ethics. Perhaps other complimentary therapists can correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't currently any professional body responsible for monitoring the practices of complimentary therapists - is there? Presumably this means those wishing to make a complaint would need to go to the police.

I would have thought the publishers would be unlikely to act on complaints - they make money from sales, controversy may help sales and there are plenty of books of rubbish which are happy bought by millions...

I think it would be great to come together to make a complaint / file a lawsuit, but in practice that means each of us coming forward individually. I think the best we can do is make sure that those of us who do report christopher, do so through the same police officer - Detective Inspector Watling (+44 (0) 20 8246 0128). That way London Metropolitan Police can ensure that the complaints are dealt with as one.

I think there are two key hurdles we need to overcome:
1. finding the time / energy / emotional strength to report our experiences, accept that this will involve dropping our anonymity and talking about things many of us would wish to forget.
2. feeling that we have a legitimate complaint - I think it is easy to feel that the experiences were in some way part of our training / healing and that we may not have explicitly said 'no' or taken some time before leaving the clinic - so maybe it wasn't wrong or it was partly our fault...

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 08:55PM

I agree totally about submitting complaints to the same police officer, a very important and effective action. However a unified voice would have a tremendous impact, plus it could enable a more coordinated and effective strategy. By organising a campaign the whole effort could be taken onto a new level, for those who may have been abused by Christopher Hansard, surely it's time to come together and demand justice?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: May 27, 2007 10:21PM

LET'S BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR HERE!

For Rosemary (and any of the other female apprentices or victims of Christopher Hansard, who may be unsure) -

Anyone who is sexually touched, by a person in a position of power or responsibility, is a victim of abuse. The person holding power has an absolute responsibility to be trustworthy. Any breach of this trustworthiness for sexual reasons is abuse. Sexual remarks are totally inappropriate and will form part of the whole picture of violation.

Check the British Association rules (for medical doctors, chiropractors, massage therapists etc.) in this regard. I only know the Canadian ones are strict. Christopher Hansard, not being part of any association, had no governing body restraining his urges. THis would make it all the more important that he conduct himself in an ethical manner. I would think this would be a strong argument against his behaviour in a court case.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Mariah ()
Date: May 27, 2007 10:33PM

TO ANY CANADIANS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED SEXUAL ABUSE FROM CHRISTOPHER HANSARD:

CALL THE RCMP IN YOUR CITY: S/DIVISION.

ASK THAT THE FILE BE FORWARDED TO THE LONDON METROPOLITAN POLICE, SAPPHIRE DIVISION, DETECTIVE INSPECTOR WATLING.

The abuse continues. Christopher Hansard continues to practise.

He has made no amends in spite of being confronted.

Every person counts - He has eluded authorities in the past.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 11:29PM

I thought it may assist matters to offer the following statement, which those who agree with is contents, could consider endorsing.

[b:ece6040038]For the Attention Visitors/Participants of this Forum[/b:ece6040038]

[b:ece6040038]Declaration[/b:ece6040038]

We, the undersigned, are former colleagues and apprentices of Mr. Christopher Hansard. We trained in, and practised (between the years 1997 to 2007) what was termed ‘Tibetan Dur Bon Medicine‘, at the Eden Medical Centre, and other pre-existing centres in London, under the Directorship and tutorage of Mr. Hansard. We accepted this as a genuine and authentic Tibetan medical system.

We wish to assert, without reservation, that we did not witness, hear, or have any knowledge whatsoever, of any professional, or other abuses, reportedly associated with Mr.Hansard, nor did we observe any behaviour that suggested such abuses were taking place.

We were not made aware of any complaints, nor approached by clients reporting maltreatment.

We state this declaration to be a true and accurate account. Dated This 27th May 2007

[b:ece6040038]Real Name [/b:ece6040038] [b:ece6040038] Email-Contact[/b:ece6040038]

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 27, 2007 11:46PM

Please direct any complaints or concerns about Christopher Hansard to:

Balens Insurance: 01684 893 006, info@balens.co.uk
Detective Inspector Watling: 020 8246 0128
Councillor Tim Ahern: cllr.ahern@rbkc.gov.uk
Hodder & Stoughton (Hodder Mobius) publishers: 020 7873 6000

Please direct any complaints or concerns about Stephanie Wright to the above and to:

The General Chiropractic Council at: [www.gcc-uk.org]

Rosemary and other ex-apprentices, if everything Christopher Hansard told you about his training were true would all his abuses be justified in the name of healing?

He moved from his West London flat to his practice in Adam and Eve Mews. I stopped seeing him around that time.

Yes, I went to him as a client and he courted me as ‘apprentice’. After that he went for friend and I met his wife. I think that’s a common story isn’t it? Thank goodness medical doctors are not encouraged to recruit their patients as unpaid workers.

Yes, real marijuana – delivered by a client in the form of big healthy plants freshly pulled from the earth.

Yes, real hallucinogens. I don’t know what but very effective.

As for his wife Sylvia - I think a lot of women stay with abusive, manipulative men and for many different reasons. She always seemed a bit broken to me though.

It’s a long time back and it’s difficult to remember all the details. I’m pretty sure that when I first saw him his medicine was mostly physical. Acupuncture came a bit later as did herbs and other preparations. I would guess that he had done a bit of massage training – perhaps chua ka - and read a bit about Tibetan massage – with oils, fats ghee and the likes.

He tried to do psychotherapy but was really crap at it. As I said he was more into shamanism and some of the weirder stuff that goes on in Brazil. I really do think he was in the process of reinventing himself.

I know one of the people who refused his application to the Acupuncture Council. He still refers to Hansard as that ‘mythomaniac’. I’m sorry that they have not chosen to respond to Jeffrey’s enquiries. I will try again there.

I know one of the people involved in refusing his application to the Institute of Complementary Medicine. One of his friends suffered Hansard’s trickery – marijuana in the medicine to help her feel better, massively overcharged supplements and inappropriate behaviour.

I think that the only organisation he belonged to was called the Association of Natural Medicine – run by one of Hansard’s clients. They don’t seem to exist anymore.

I am still trying to get a contribution from someone who knew Hansard before he started practicing.

Lily’s comment about publishers is quite true. They are in the business of making money. I have no doubt that one or more of Hansard’s clients oiled the process.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: May 28, 2007 01:58AM

LET US BE CLEAR ABOUT FORMS OF ABUSE THAT SHOULD BE REPORTED:

Sexual.
Psychological.
Emotional.
Physical.
Verbal.
Medical.

ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED SUCH BEHAVIOUR KNOWS WHO TO CONTACT. THE ALTERNATIVE IS TO ALLOW THE POSSIBILITY OF OTHERS BEING TREATED IN THE SAME WAY.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Lily ()
Date: May 28, 2007 07:50AM

Just to clarify - I fully support those going to the police or other authorities to report Christopher's abusive behaviour. I am only suggesting that it is difficult for some of us to feel able to come forward. I hope that this site will help in this process.
I agree that coming forward is an important part of protecting others from similar experiences - this is perhaps the main reason for reporting christopher.
I think we should be careful about laying blame at Stephanie's feet. It is perhaps unfortunate that her anonymity has not been maintained within this site. As the longest serving apprentice, I think she was aware of far more of what was going on within the clinic than most of us.
However, to me, she seemed like a 14 year old girl with CH as an authoritarian father - she knew Christopher's behaviour was inappropriate at times, but what are you going to do? if you are dependent it is very difficult to stand up and say 'no'. After dedicating so much of her life to one man, one clinical practice, if she is now aware of the abuse of power, she has my sympathy at what must be an incredibly unsettling time.

Current Page: 54 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.