Current Page: 52 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 27, 2007 12:27AM

Rosemary:

Whatever you have submitted is up on this thread.

Perhaps something went wrong on one of your posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Rosemary ()
Date: May 27, 2007 12:33AM

Has any one contacted Christopher Hansard's publisher's regarding his background the research they might have done on him before publishing his works?

Whenever anyone questioned his 'story' or background, Christopher Hansard would say - don't people know the kind of checks publishers do on their authors? They are like police checks but more than the average one, they go into every detail of your life - what school you went to, who was your teacher etc.

He'd use that explanation all the time.........

I never questioned if that was the usual protocol with publishers.

Is it?????

Does anyone know?

Might be good to find out, if his publishers are keeping tight lipped to mind their own backs.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: wisedup ()
Date: May 27, 2007 01:59AM

Rosemary,I find if I type anything that takes over a certain amount of time, the whole post disappears. Very frustrating.
Certainly seems like some people manage to do it, though.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kurukulla ()
Date: May 27, 2007 02:05AM

I would like to clarify my experience with Christopher as I believe it is very similar to the experiences that numerous other women had with him. What he did was ask me to perform massage treatments on him as part of my training. He would, as a matter of course, receive the treatments naked. He built up my trust over a long period of time, which I believe is known as grooming, and then abusing his position of trust, he sexually assaulted me without asking my consent.

At the time I felt as though he had put me into a hypnotic trance, but this does not stand up in a court of law. At the time I felt unable to move or resist. Then he said, "It was a transmission".

I have since heard numerous other stories from other women who experienced a very similar thing. Some of them spoke out against him, and I confronted him about two of them. His response was to say: "so-and-so is a very ill person. She has accused other men of things like that before." He actually let one woman's own father believe that she was lying and falsely accusing him. He would then spread negative rumours and slander about the women, saying: "so-and-so is out to destroy me."

I only found out about this in January, and this is when I confronted him. He told me complete lies and slandered the women. I now know for a fact that they were telling the truth and he did abuse them in a similar way he did me.

When I asked him for an explanation of his treatment of me, all he could say was, "What we did was wrong".

[b:694dbf659f]No Christopher Hansard, what YOU did was wrong, you abused your position of trust, you abused women who were emotionally weak and vulnerable, you abused your knowledge of mind control and manipulation, and then you treated your victims with contempt and disdain when they tried to speak out against you.

You thought you could reach out and take any woman that you wanted, and if she did not want to have sex with you she was "Ill".

You thought you could perform sexual 'healing and teaching' techniques without asking permission, assaulting women at their most vulnerable and telling them it was for their own good. [/b:694dbf659f]
I am not concerned only for myself. I am concerned about the women who were in a very mentally unstable state, who were coerced into sexual acts and then wandered around on a tightrope of insanity not feeling they could speak to anyone. Who were then cut off and slandered.

I am concerned about the women who may be receiving 'treatment' from him now, who may be going through this now. I am concerned about future women.

For years he tried to convince me that it was OK and right to be working with my sexual energy, because it was the best path for me. He subjected me to emotional cruelty in the extreme which I dealt with all alone. All the time building up this big fantasy that what he was doing was right and for my own good. Now he has turned around and said it was wrong, and he has nothing more to say about it!

[b:694dbf659f]Well I have something to say about it Christopher Hansard: If you admit that it was wrong, lets have a lawsuit![/b:694dbf659f]

Knowing this has also happened to other women who were possibly even less able to deal with it than I was, makes me beyond angry.

I feel I have been manipulated and played, and I am sure he would say it is my own fault for being gullible.

What kind of man abuses and manipulates patients and students in this way, and then seems to take delight in damaging them emotionally?

How many closed doors, how many suffering in silence?

What kind of man is at the heart of all this?

What kind of heart is in the man?

What kindness is in the heart of the man?

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: May 27, 2007 02:08AM

It seems that pressing 'log me in automatically each time' helps with the process. Otherwise lengthy essays get deleted. Alternatively, copy and paste a word document.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: cirrus ()
Date: May 27, 2007 02:15AM

It was mentioned in an earlier post about Christopher Hansard using the poem 'The Invitation' by Oriah Mountaindreamer (www. oriahmountaindreamer.com) in his book The Tibetan Art of Serenity on p. 56 repackaged as An Invocation to Awaken Serenity, A daily Reminder for Self knowledge.

I personally had a very embarassing experience of sharing this CH invocation with a group of friends and one of them recognised it as the Oriah poem. This was one of the early incidents that started me questioning the integrity of Christopher Hansard.

It was recently brought to her attention by an aquaintance of mine and I have permission to attach below part of the correspondence that is relevant.

"My attention has recently been drawn to what may be a very serious issue.

A British author named 'Christopher Hansard' has clearly tried to pass off Oriah's 'The Invitation' as his own work, since he makes no reference to her anywhere in his book.

Please see 'The Tibetan Art of Serenity', pg. 56 - An Invocation to Awaken Serenity. It is essentially a direct copy."

The reply from Oriah Mountaindreamer:

"Harper Collins lawyers have already contacted Mr. Hansard. I gather he claims to be a lineage holder in the Tibetan shamanism tradition, which is news to all the Tibetan shamans. Perhaps his including my poem as his own in the book will alert readers to his general lack of integrity. "

When directly questioned about this invocation/poem Christopher Hansard said he had never heard of her.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 02:27AM

Thanks everyone, I will do that next time.

Will put together all the info I know on Christopher Hansard's teacher and 'story' soon and post it.

I am wanting to find the truth about his 'story' and his 'training' as a Physician of Tibetan Dur Bon Medicine.

For now the people who may be able to vouch for his story or not are:

1- Christopher Hansard's mother
2- Christopher Hansard's father
3- Christopher Hansard's ex-wife
4- Christopher Hansard's book publisher's.

Obviously 1,2,3 are delicate territory.
So what I ask is if anyone knows these people or is still in contact with them - can you please make enquiries about Christopher Hansard's 'story' and 'training'.

Questions for Dorje - you said in page 3 of forum that you knew Christopher Hansard and is ex-wife.......
- How did you come to know them?
- How well did you know him and his ex-wife?
- Are you still in contact with his ex-wife?
- Did you know Christopher Hansard before he set up his practice and was a 'physician'?

With Christopher Hansard's publishers - when ever anyone critisized him about his story or training he would say - don't these people understand what kind of checks I have been through with my publishers etc.
He'd say that the checks that his publishers did were on par with that of an international advanced police check. He said they go into every detail of your life, down to what teacher you had in grade 3. He'd always use this explanation.............

So has anyone been in contact with his publishers??

If not - does anyone really understand or know the kind of checks publishers do on their authors especially those for books on spirituality?

We may not get any direct answers from Christopher Hansard's publishers as they may want to cover their backs.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: wisedup ()
Date: May 27, 2007 03:11AM

Kurukulla, I find your anger very refreshing.Thank you and everyone else who are pissed off to the point of action. I know exactly where you are coming from. The best teaching Chris can possibly get will be having to face up to his appalling behaviour. We must not deny him this experience.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 03:36AM

I am new to this forum and am just catching up with past posts.

Questions for Dorje....

he did work in Canada about ten years ago and made a big mess then.

....what happened???

I'm adding to this thread because I have known Chris for a long time and sadly have met many people deeply hurt and disturbed by him.

....... you mentioned in past posts you met him around 1990, and had wine and cigars with him? Why were you not immediately appalled by the man when you first met him and his ex-wife? Was it years down the line when you felt duped by the man and came into contact with others who had been sexually abused? How were you hurt by him?

Question for Wiseup?

Please correct me if I've got the wrong person here, but you mentioned that you had a brother who went to Canada yrs ago for a workshop of Christopher's. Was he affected by Christopher Hansard?

I remember there was talk of Christopher doing a series of workshops in Canada maybe 10 yrs ago. Some went well, some went horrifically wrong. No one would tell me about the ones which went wrong. Something to do with a Bon wedding which went tits up, and the couple wanting to sue and take action against Christopher. So he never returned to Canada until 8 yrs had gone by

Anyway the secrecy around that period was really wierd, and any secrecy with Christopher Hansard or Eden Medical Centre is a sure sign in my books that something ain't right or is desperately trying to be hidden.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 27, 2007 03:40AM

I too was shocked when I saw Christopher's Invocation in his 3rd Book - 'The Tibetan Art of Serenity'.

It just seemed like a direct lift of Oriah Mountain Dreamer's writings called the 'The invitation'.

Her writings are extremely well know globally especially in 'New Age' circles. So I was shocked when I saw it.

Current Page: 52 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.