Current Page: 50 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: HDM ()
Date: May 26, 2007 09:59AM

Christopher Hansard was several times heard to tell several course participants point blank that they needed a divorce and that they knew it. usually there were nods in response. He chastized one person for still being married and therefore unresolved about a dilemma saying something like "if you had done it when I told you, it (personal grief and confusion) would be sorted now'. There were 'what are you still doing with him?' comments and actual chasitizing for not having gotten a decision about divorce yet. Truthfully, it seemed that the participants were strongly leaning towards divorce anyway and were at the course for clarity. But his instructions were not subtle; they were not mere hints.

Personally he told me to sleep with so-and so, that it would do me the world of good. I just laughed and my mind told him to bugger off. But it goes to show that he thinks we are puppets and he is just trying on games and seeing what we'll do.

Well, let's show him that what we'll do is go to the police and the medical board and the local councillor of Chelsea area and heck maybe the chiropractic board. Could be an interesting evening news human interest story too, the controversial type. Then people will google. And hopefully we will be up the list.

I wish Pema were back, because a journalist has contacts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 26, 2007 04:19PM

Problem is Mariah [b:79143c70af]you did not simply just object to [/b:79143c70af]

[i:79143c70af]"..[b:79143c70af] people [/b:79143c70af]who cannot defend themselves [b:79143c70af]being cast in a very murky light [/b:79143c70af]by your comments". [/i:79143c70af]

[u:79143c70af]What you did do was endorse and completely agree with Gondolf's following comments.[/u:79143c70af][i:79143c70af]

"I might add that [b:79143c70af]in mentioning Lawson, Hare and Nelson, who had no involvement in Eden, as complicit, is suggesting they are co-conspirators in a crime[/b:79143c70af], if indeed Hansard is charged with a crime or is sued. Nice opportunity for a defamation of character lawsuit there. Nelson is American. They like that kind of stuff. Hare and Lawson sponsored Hansard's courses on their land and are completely, honest straightforward people who would be as disturbed as anyone to hear about what went on at Eden.

[b:79143c70af]If you continue to slander[/b:79143c70af] these individuals, as opposed to simply bring information forward, I will not in any way be involved in a law suit or a testimonial that has your name attached to it. I will, if you continue, testify for the defendent. As, most likely, will those individuals." [/i:79143c70af]

Your reply:
[i:79143c70af]
"I'm in [b:79143c70af]full agreement[/b:79143c70af], Gondolf...." [/i:79143c70af]

In stating this you are agreeing to, and suporting Gondolf's wholly inaccurate interpretation of my actual comments, furthermore you are endorsing a possible defamation, as Gondolf has accused me of slander, and of associating these indivduals in Canada, with both the Eden Medical Centre and 'crimes' which may have occured at that establishment. I made no such statement or association.
[b:79143c70af]
I will ask you to consider, once more, issuing a clarification and apology. Meanwhile, I reserve the right to take further action.[/color:79143c70af][/b:79143c70af]

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: May 26, 2007 05:18PM

Balens Insurance: 01684 893 006, info@balens.co.uk
Detective Inspector Watling: 020 8246 0128
Councillor Tim Ahern: cllr.ahern@rbkc.gov.uk
Hodder & Stoughton (Hodder Mobius) publishers: 020 7873 6000

It may be worth repeating that we hold people innocent until proven guilty. Those who have knowledge of illegal and unethical activity must present the facts. This is not a witch hunt, this is compassion and justice.

Let us focus on the central issue, a just resolution and healing.

Jeff, please focus your energy on a rigorous examination of Christopher Hansard's story. Someone mentioned that the story about his teacher went as follows: a prophecy was made about the Chinese invasion, so consequently his tribe left Tibet during the first half of the 20th Century. Could his name have been changed? Could he have learned basic English?
Are there any Bon communities in Ladakh, Sikkim, Bhutan, India etc.. who might provide further evidence?

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 26, 2007 06:51PM

Re: Roger12's Comments

Roger, I have for the past year been informing people, associated with Christopher Hansard, of the bogus and fraudulent nature of his claims and activities. Apart from petitioning his publishers (which I agree should be continued) I approached a number of contacts in Canada, including please note Paul Nelson and Susanne Hare. I appealed, via email, several times, in an effort to alert them of the Dur-Con deception. Susanne Hare, for whatever reason, failed to grace me with a response, while Paul Nelson's replies seemed to demonstrate an unseeing devotion to Hansard and an unwillingness to accept critique.
[i:d51f0277bc]
"My experiences with [b:d51f0277bc]Dr. Hansard[/b:d51f0277bc], one of hundreds of authors I have interviewed, suggest he is [b:d51f0277bc]one of the most brilliant people [/b:d51f0277bc]I have ever met. Furthermore, the healing I have received from his personal care, the breakthroughs of workshop participants I have witnessed, and [b:d51f0277bc]the compassion he embodies [/b:d51f0277bc]are all gifts rare in this world which [b:d51f0277bc]I treasure tremendously[/b:d51f0277bc]..." [/i:d51f0277bc] (Extract from Paul Nelson's Email to Me-Dated 11/07/06-Emphasis added)

It was such obvious respect and loyalty that justified my reference to him as an ‘acolyte‘, not only that but he was recording interviews (Global Voices Radio-2003) with the Master of Dur-Con, that featured Hansard on a number of websites. I believe this can regarded as being 'engaged' and a form of 'promotion'?

Unfortunately it would appear that former associates of Christopher Hansard, either in the UK or Canada are reluctant to embrace any critical examination, of that individual, or his Dur-Con fiction.[b:d51f0277bc] For example note that Paul Nelson's communication refers to Hansard as 'Doctor', on 01/08/06 I put the following to Mr.Nelson[/b:d51f0277bc]

[i:d51f0277bc]Dear Paul, Perhaps you would care to expand on the academic, professional details of Mr.Hansard's 'Doctorate'. Or is this yet another example of fantasy and invention?[/i:d51f0277bc]

I have no communication from Paul Nelson addressing that deception, sadly he did not appear to welcome any further examination into the questions surrounding Hansard. Meanwhile my efforts to communicate with Susanne Hare have resulted in a deafening silence. These may be well intentioned and decent individuals, qualities I have never discussed, but their support, and active involvement with Christopher Hansard, does indeed raise serious questions.

Christopher Hansard could not have achieved what he did in a vacuum, it required, from those closely associated with him, a willingness to believe, the suspension of critical faculties, an enthusiasm to follow, and in so doing a surrendering responsibility. A very dangerous and unstable chemistry. But what obligations arise when that individual, and his ‘teachings’, are shown to be questionable? What is the appropriate ethical and intelligent response to critically important questions? Anyone of normal intelligence and integrity would expect, Hansard’s ‘Eden medical’ associates‘, to take urgent and effective action when allegations of abuse began to surface. Yet no action was taken. It is difficult to avoid questioning, if this constitutes a form of collusion, a complicity, as I have previously speculated, in the Dur-Con deception?

Roger12 be aware that Tibetan organizations have two principal, and urgent, concerns that demand their full attention: the political struggle for a free Tibet, or charitable efforts to preserve Tibetan culture. I welcome your idea to inform such bodies, but do not travel in expectation, I know of one group, that despite my efforts to brief them of Hansard’s deception, continue to promote his work. In that context I would suggest any strength we can muster, or efforts to increase awareness, would arise more effectively from our collective determination.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kurukulla ()
Date: May 26, 2007 07:12PM

I would like to add that Christopher Hansard is known to be a violent man. He has been physically violent with at least three women, myself included.

This is surely a further danger to patients, and a further indication of his complete lack of respect of women.

He has been known to say on many occasions that he will "Crush his enemies" and "Break every bone in their body".

He was fond of saying, "The Lha Ku destroys his enemies".

It seems quite clear to me now that his enemies are people who no longer serve any useful purpose to him, who he has used up, sucked dry and spat out. Or people who no longer give him what he wants, like a constant supply of money or sex, or free labour.

He has no conscience about the harm and damage he has caused, all he is aware of are people who displease him because they do not comply with him. He has got to be the most supremely selfish person I have ever met.

A person such as this cannot function in society. He operates like a shark, preying on people using every means he can.

We need to protect our community.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 26, 2007 07:16PM

Atlantic I alread have invested considerable time, energy, and resources into exposing Hansard's Dur-Con, that research goes on. As to Tibet I am afraid its mystical grip upon the popular imagination has resulted in that culture being seriously misrepresented and misunderstood, a perfect opportunity for exploitation that Hansard seized upon!

I will not waste any effort to examine claims of Hansard's 'teacher's' mysterious Tibetan tribe being warned of Communist China's invasion. It is simply twaddle! Unless of course there is some traceable and reliable documented source we can examine? As I have mentioned previously, from my enquiries with a number of Amdo Tibetan scholars there is no such tribe as gNam, it is not recognized, and does not appear in any historlc Tibetan documents for Amdo, the region Hansard claims his 'teacher' and his 'comunity' came from. Meanwhile, we still await, from the Master of Dur-Con, more details so we can verify his account, don't hold your breath anyone!

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 26, 2007 07:56PM

Thanks Jeff. The main issues have now been well stated in this debate.

To further clarify the discussion I will quote Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, 'Wonders of the Natural Mind', pg. 47:

' There are three different ways of classifying the Nine Ways of Everlasting (Yungdrung) Bon: the Southern, Northern and Central Treasures. These are systems of teachings that were hidden during early persecutions of Bon to be later rediscovered as termas (treasures)......The Nine Ways of the Northern Treasures are not widely known.'

South, North and Central are, as we have already agreed, geographical references.

So there is still a question. Even if Christopher Hansard's story is largely (or entirely) a fabrication, could he have devoted enough time and study to Bon teachings that he was able to acquire some abilities or knowledge of one kind or another?

Remember that many people have given accounts of various experiences. Do not discount the confusion that can be caused by someone who has been trained in matters of the mind, body and soul. Sounds as if he has possibly been capable of both healing and damaging.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 26, 2007 08:19PM

It is strange that there should be so much expectation on Jeffrey Bowe to prove Christopher Hansard's lies and so little expectation of Hansard to prove his truth.

To all his followers, students and apprentices, whether still enamoured or disillusioned, do any of you have any grasp of the medical system he was teaching? If not, why not? Would you not expect it to be very similar to Tibetan Medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine and/or Traditional Chinese Medicine which are very well documented and taught.

To all the ordinary victims of Christopher Hansard please remember that you can take your complaints here:

Balens Insurance: 01684 893 006, info@balens.co.uk
Detective Inspector Watling: 020 8246 0128
Councillor Tim Ahern: cllr.ahern@rbkc.gov.uk
Hodder & Stoughton (Hodder Mobius) publishers: 020 7873 6000

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 26, 2007 08:26PM

Indeed Rinpoche correctly refers to Nine ways (not twelve) he also correctly identifies these as being treasures (terma) and teachings, please note, not a lineage or distinct school as claimed by Dur-Con.

I do not discount that individuals may have perceived certain experiences, however it is my contention such 'experiences' ultimately rest in the mind of the individual. Such perceptions do not of themselves constitute definitive evidence that Hansard was possessed of either 'mystical' or 'healing' powers', they simply express a subjective individual 'reality'.

This is not to state that Hansard was not able to manipulate, deceive, influence or charm, however he was not a genuine physician of Tibetan Medicine, nor was he possessed of an authentic Bon/Tibetan lineage.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 26, 2007 08:40PM

So it is now time for personal accounts and relevant information to be handed over to all the appropriate, professional, law enforcing bodies.

Current Page: 50 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.