Current Page: 33 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kurukulla ()
Date: May 21, 2007 06:19PM

Hi Moderator

could we please see an edited version of Jim Morrison's Ghost?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Date: May 21, 2007 06:28PM

I would like to make something clear: the practitioners at Eden were completely unaware of abuse or reported abuse. Do you honestly think they would compromise their professional standing by association with this? It is unthinkable.

1. The people who endured these things, as is common in such situations, did not want to speak about it, or if they did, it was only to a close confidante, and it certainly did not get shared freely in the clinic.

2. 90% + of what I saw when working there was good results with patients.

3. There was certainly an attitude problem with one of the practitioners, which I confronted several times, and I did not think was good, and I understand why people are calling this abuse. However, you meet difficult people all the time in life, and people who abuse their position in the form of bossiness and bullying, and you just try to deal with it as best you can.

4. If any people were genuinely complicit in all of this, and I do not believe they were in the way that you make out, they will know it in their hearts, and do not need to be told it.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:34PM

kurukulla:

No.

"Jim Morrison's Ghost" is banned and his post was deleted.

No edited version of his post will appear.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Cranial ()
Date: May 21, 2007 08:25PM

Seems like I had a very lucky escape really. I did go to Eden once before going to see Hansard himself. This was to see a chap there who practiced craniosacral therapy and acupuncture. He also did visceral manipulation and was a very competent and sincere practitioner. However, I always felt that the energy of the building did not feel right to me. It was just a gut feeling that I could not put my finger on.

I left it and then a friend recommended that I see Hansard. I did so, just the once and walked out in disgust and cancelled my follow-up appointment. I ended up having to pay £125 for a 15 minute consultation and no treatment and what put me off was this sudden flash of anger. It made me think that something was very wrong with a practitioner that could be like that. It did not feel appropriate at all.

I have noticed that a lot of the other practitioners that used to work at Eden have now set up practices at other centres - one I think has moved to the Healthy Living Centre in Islington, however, interesting that there is no mention at all about Tibetan Dur Bon!! Only Shiatsu and Sports massage.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 21, 2007 08:28PM

Kurukulla, Forgive me for observing but the description you just posted, regarding reported abuse, does not seem to conform with other troubling accounts which have been posted here. Perhaps, before the much demanded progress which has been requested of late, people need to assert more clearly the nature of abuse? I say this because the account given by Kurukulla presents a rather glowing and extenuating portrait, and not unsurprisingly insists 'practitioners' were unaware of abuses, which were seemingly taking place! Now where have we heard that line before????

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Dorje ()
Date: May 21, 2007 08:41PM

Gondolf, I appreciate your Jim Morrison comment. A friend who knew Hansard and his wife when they first came to London – when Hansard was merely pretending to be an expert in Tai Chi – said he used to be scathing about complementary therapies. At the same time he was constantly picking my friend for information on acupuncture.

I also know a couple of gay men who went to him for treatment way back who describe him as the most homophobic individual they had ever met. Curiously, they met him at ‘Gay Pride’ in London where Hansard was scouting for clients.

Returning to your suggestion about setting up a yahoo account for the submission of statements – this seems to be a very good idea. Do you know how to do that? I would be happy to contribute my tale. Would anyone else?

I concur with the suggestion that many practitioners in the Eden Medical Centre had no idea of what was going behind closed doors. This was also the case at the original practice in High Street Kensington. Unawares, they gave Hansard’s clinic an air of credibility.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 21, 2007 11:53PM

To clarify: the abuses we have heard about were committed by one person. They have only come to light in the last few months. They all went on behind closed doors - of course no one else would know about them!

As Dorje realises, there is no way that other practitioners would know, and if they knew, they would not have stayed.

What perhaps people do not understand is that one person only was in charge, and he did not reveal his game plan to anyone. The people who thought they were close, were also lied to about many things and this has all recently come to light. Everyone was lied to i.e. treated like idiots. This is the nature of a confidence trick.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:44AM

Dorje,

I would be willing to set up a yahoo site and moderate it as I previously indicated but only if a few more people express interest also. The rules would be this:

1. Only allowed to post if you have personal experience and a relevent story to tell.

2. Anonymous.

3. After a certain length of time members can decide if they want to have their name put to their story, wish to have the document shared, and with who. It will be completely up to the individuals involved.

4. After a certain length of time the site will be closed and those decisions made.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: divorced ()
Date: May 22, 2007 08:59AM

Hello, I have just found out about this forum today, and it was from an email sent to me. I started to read most of the posting only to find myself getting very upset and angry and had to stop. There is a lot of conversation about the eden staff and the concerns for them. Well it is time to stop this nonsense, how about the victims and not only the ones in direct contact with him at great expense to attend his so called seminars. How about the victims that are the relatives of people that were influenced by him .
I tolerated his influence with my wife because I trusted she was an intelligent person and would make the correct choices. I was wrong.
This so called healer and I can't even give him the respect of calling him MR. destroyed with his beliefs my marraige and this is after spending a couple of years trying to with great difficulty to convince my wife to see the truth about what this person was doing.
I finally gave up and my marraige at this point was all but over.
'Then without my knowledge my wife was convinced our son could use his guidance and took him to visit with Hansard ( for a fee or course) and tried with my wife's blessings to convince my son to go to a remote location in westen canada to spend a couple of months with some friends of his to experience nature in the wilds of British Columbia.
I found out about this a few days later, my son and I had a discussion about this counciling he had and I was shocked that since he wasn't easily convinced to do this, Hansard told him he would like it out in BC because women out there are big breasted. Needless to say I put a stop to this person being a part of my life and now my WIFE is now my X.

I am sure there are some that will think, this man is out to lunch, I don't really care. I lived this misery and I don't ever wish to experience it again

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: divorced ()
Date: May 22, 2007 10:15AM

I posted a message and being new here not sure how this works, how long does it take before the actual message is posted?

Depends what time the moderator gets out of bed.[/color:585c402c84] :oops:

Current Page: 33 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.