Current Page: 26 of 139
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: gondolf ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:10AM

Jeff:

The only way to get justice is to ask the people who feel they have been wronged what they want and facilitate them achieving that, without predetermining what that is, or suggesting it to them.

Your issue with him is about false representation and I think you should focus on that in such a way that the truth is served.

He is no longer in business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Christopher Hansard
Posted by: jeff bowe ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:24PM

I think those who have had the courage and determination to detail, what appear the appalling experiences as a result of Mr.Hansard, have already expressed a determination and desire for justice. That of course is their right and I fully respect and support the objective to seek redress, for what seem to have been criminal actions by Mr.Hansard. However, the question is in what way can that be best served, and while the current effort to raise awareness and critical examination continues, there must surely be a willingness to support and assist anyone who wishes to consider alteranative strategies.

One suggestion is to produce a collective [i:9ae74422d8]affidavit [/i:9ae74422d8]of those who reported being seemingly abused and intimidated by Mr.Hansard. This could prove a very potent and compelling document indeed.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 13, 2007 05:55AM

Cranial
Most people join the relevant organisations when they qualify and get practice insurance too

Anyone can start one of these organisations- I could start one today. I agree with you that maybe some organisations may be more scrupulous than others but on the whole there need ideally to be some form of external regulation not just '[i:d0109dd748]working towards[/i:d0109dd748] self-regulation'.

I'm not saying that all types of therapists are bad'uns, just that because Hansard's claims were very unique they would be even less likely to have an official board who can discipline him. I don't know enough about consumer's rights and how they can be enforced, there needs to be an Ombudsman or something like that.

In the mean time, just spreading the word to 'potential clients' in various ways would be good, also if you are a survivor of Hansard, get any counselling that you need and care for yourself.

If you want to press charges, get support from a counsellor or Victim Support. And perhaps have a word with a lawyer or seek some advice first, to see what your chances of a successful prosecution are, because it may not be worth the extreme stress. If you can get a few of you together, it might be more promising.

Don't let people tell you that pressing charges is a 'negative' or destructive way to behave- of course it's not.

If Hansard has mental health problems- the authorities would ensure that he received help for them. He can't do that all by himself.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: atlantic ()
Date: May 15, 2007 07:13PM

Some of the readers may find it interesting to make a comparison with the debate entitled 'Krishna Group in Hawaii.' This centres around Chris Butler - aka Jagad Guru.

What Chris Hansard and Chris Butler both appear to demonstrate is that it is possible to acquire knowledge, skills and abilities that are unusual and impressive (psychic, medical, psychological etc...), but which can cause tremendous damage and harm when they are not used with integrity.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: Chavah ()
Date: May 15, 2007 10:19PM

I originally wrote some time ago, but it would seem my input was rejected due undoubtedly to what the moderator saw as too much flaming. I will attempt again to present my point of view, though perhaps without the usual passion this time.

Though undoubtedly there is a 'good' side to Stefanie wright, I for one have only been victim of her ‘bad’ side, and been one of the many targets of her abuse for which I feel there is no “justfication” and I feel my own abuse was as R-N-G has offered, “unwarranted”. That has been my sole unhappy experiance of her. R-N-G suggested that Stefanie only added integrity and credibility to Christopher’s practice, and was a “stabilizing influence”, I would strongly disagree and go as far as to suggest the opposite.

I am bringing this to this forum to convey just what an integral role Stefanie played out as Christopher Hansard's partner in the very real cult that Christopher created and Stefanie maintained.

For many years she has often been heard subtly suggesting that she was the teacher, and not Christopher at all and one can not ignore that he was largely absent from his own practice the last 5-6 years. and it was she who ran it. During that time I was told she would tell his apprentices to “take the teachings, and leave the teacher”, all the while it would seem she was helping herself to both.

Some people seem to bring out the better in one another, while other combinations bring out the absolute worst, and I would suggest that this would be the case of the coming together of Stefanie Wright and Christopher Hansard in what ever capacity that has been.

If you are suggesting that she in particular is merely a victim of
Christopher Hansard, I would remind you that it takes two, and most
especially in this case. If you have found Stefanie Wright to be a person of kindness and integrity, then that has been your experiance and I respect that, but it has not been mine.
Perhaps she and he have that capacity, but neither have chosen to act in that way for a very long time. 12 + years to be precise.

I have heard many of the stories of others and have my own of Christopher Hansard, and I have come a long way since my own experiance of the man. For many years I wanted closure with what happened between us, but it never came. Not through him. Closure and healing came through me and me and alone in the end. My healing came through me and through the love and support I found outside of Eden.
I had to finally admit to myself that there was something inside of me that brought me to him. When I finally realised how sick he was, I had to admit that his sickness spoke to something inside of me as well, and that I had to heal myself for many reasons, the most important was to ensure that I never let that happen again. One day, hopefully now, Christopher Hansard will also have to come to that same conclusion and will have to heal himself. This sort of abuse does not simply happen, it is a cycle of abuse, and I can only imagine what must have happened to him. As for me, I have to admit that sexual abuse was already in my past and I simply carried it with me, and played it out with him. We will not find healing by causing further harm, nor from the person who we feel has harmed us. Until we change our perspective, we will always be victims.

I do not know what has caused Stefanie's abuse of others, but again would offer that it is something from her past as well.

At any rate, Pema’s initial query was about Christopher
Hansard. Not his private life, but his cult life.

If there are no longer any apprentices then perhaps that would mean that Christopher is attempting reform. I do not know how far any of you wish to take this, and to what cost, and that is up to you as it was up to me.

Christopher’s books are not “fairytale’s”. The content of them is
real, the lessons in them are real, and the benefit people get from reading them and doing the exercises is real. Even if the author himself is living in a fairytale, his books are not.

Christopher has a real skill, and holds an immense amount of real
knowledge, not the sort of knowledge that anyone could acquire had they hidden away for 30 years and read the 200 books some claim to have in their possession.

The benefit his patients have received over the last 20 years is
real, and is the result of real knowledge and real compassion no matter what he has got up to in his not-so-private life.

With Compassion
Chavah

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: lorenzetti ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:21AM

I originally posted comments on this site in the hope of alerting people to the fact that Christopher Hansard’s claims regarding his background and training are false.
As stated in an earlier posting, I attended Selwyn College in Auckland with Christopher for about a year in either 1974 or 1975, probably 1975. He never mentioned receiving private tuition of any kind or an ‘Urgen Nam Chuk’. I never saw a private tutor at any time.
The last time I saw Christopher was in the late 1980’s in Auckland. He was walking with a cane and looked ill. He claimed he had terminal cancer and did not have long to live.
When I did not see him again, I assumed he had died and felt very sorry for both him and his mother. I was surprised when a friend told me that he was still alive, living in the UK and claiming to be a healer. He has a history in New Zealand, I am surprised that I am the only person posting any information regarding his background of lies on this website.
In response to Chavah’s posting that Christopher ‘has real skill and holds an immense amount of real knowledge’: unfortunately the most obvious conclusion is the truth about who he really is, he is just con artist, but a brilliant one. He has always targeted the vulnerable and knows what people want to hear. He cares nothing for their real needs, unless it in some way serves him personally.
I would not have posted this information again, but reading what Wisedup and Chavah, for example, have gone through with Christopher is very disturbing to say the least. I honestly think that unless he is stopped now, he could reinvent himself again somewhere else.
Thank you Pema for starting this discussion.

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 16, 2007 01:18AM

Another nail is driven into Mr Hansard's coffin of seeming deceipt!

Christopher Hansard
Date: May 16, 2007 01:28AM

Dear Chavah.With respect to Hansard's books, in particular their so-called Dur Bon teachings/concepts, they are not fairy tales, as[b:54644ec0fb][i:54644ec0fb] they [/i:54644ec0fb][/b:54644ec0fb]can contain mythical or anthropological truths,. The books of the 'Master of Dur-Con' are the worst form of parasitic and manipulative invention, that callously feeds upon a genuine native tradition, in this case authentic Tibetan Bon, for proft and ego.

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: wisedup ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:46AM

Lorenzetti, good to hear from you. I have no history of abuse and find Chavah's posting quite disconcertingly unwilling to put the blame at Chris's door. The first part of the post seems to be coming from one direction then does a 360...
I certainly take no responsibility for Chris's behaviour to me other than the fact that I was UNUSED to somebody playing me like a fish and I am not usually an idiot, in fact if I didn't already say so I am usually quite astute. In the clinical situation I decided to let my guard down in that I thought I was with a person who had my best interests at heart. NOT THE CASE. Quite simple really, and not a lot to ask, I thought the guy was going to help me with an illness he was incapable of diagnosing.
I can just see Chris working it with the cane, the trouble is, he is his favourite critic and he gives himself a few too many good reviews.
Yeah, I dont want to see Chris resurface in another guru/ clinical situation. Why should he? Should he not be judged by the harm that he did more than for the pyrotechnics? His victims paid for the luxury of that pleasure to those who were schmoozed, we were the food, one should pay attention to what the guru consumes. ( and once again, he wasn't my guru, I went to him for medical problems,)

Christopher Hansard
Posted by: kath ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:21AM

wisedup
In the clinical situation I decided to let my guard down in that I thought I was with a person who had my best interests at heart. NOT THE CASE.

Yes that's just how someone like that would operate. He was in a position of responsibility and trust and he abused it. You didn't do anything wrong.

Current Page: 26 of 139

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.