Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: August 02, 2021 05:50AM

Thanks Amitao,

Henri Jolicoeur was indeed threatened with legal action over one of his videos, which he he did take down. All the other anti-Mooji content of his Youtube channel remains available, however, including this video:
[www.youtube.com]

The association between the legal firm and the Moo organization dissolved rather quickly, from what I hear. I do not know why. I suggest the "Moo-Moo's" just gave up, because there was so many people speaking out about Mooji by that point, that Moo risked someone actually telling the truth in a court and being believed.

Later, Henri went on to make even more videos about Mooji and has not faced any further threats of legal action.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sarv ()
Date: August 02, 2021 06:45PM

Another strange case (which I'm not sure if it's been covered) was of Sabrina Harmes, who was last seen "in a confused state" before going missing when not returning from a Mooji gathering in Rishikesh (2016).
[indianexpress.com]
[zeenews.india.com]

She was found some days later. “Allegedly she was found without clothes in Rishikesh. She had some marks of injury on her legs", "appearing mentally disturbed", "continuously screaming" & having been apparently sexually assaulted.
[timesofindia.indiatimes.com]

Whatever the story, it's quite grim.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2021 07:07PM by sarv.

Date: August 03, 2021 07:11AM

That is a very sad case, Sarv.

I don't think I have read about it before now. I did have some correspondence with someone a while back, who reported a disturbed, mentally unwell person working at Mooji's ashram in Portugal who was not offered any kind of support for her illness. The attitude of the cult members was "there is nothing we can do for her" but they didn't seem to mind that she worked there for no pay and was basically ignored by everyone.

Another report here on CEI detailed how someone with mental illness was taken from the ashram by cult members and "dumped" at the local hospital with no care or consideration - the mentally ill person was simply left to fend for themselves!

There is evidence that cult indoctrination can cause psychosis. From a article about cults:

Quote: At some point during the experience, he said, ''the mark is placed in a panicky, disoriented state, and an emotional crisis is manufactured by the recruiters.'' One response to this, Dr. Clark said, is that people can become psychotic. He has treated those who became so and were ''dumped'' by cults that had no further interest in them.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: sarv ()
Date: August 03, 2021 07:35PM

Great article Sahara, which is very relevant. To quote it again for others:

Dr. Cath defined a cult as a group of people joined together by a common ideological system fostered by a charismatic leader, where, he said, ''the expectation is that they can transcend the imperfections and finitude of life.''
He said: ''Often they set up a we-they philosophy: We have the truth and you do not.''

For anyone else reading that article, here’s the 2017 Sahaja timetable from:
[web.archive.org]
I believe they also have jobs there & work hard between the daily brainwashing sessions. “Satsang” can reportedly go on late into the night.

General Ashram Timetable
06:30 – 07:15 Lord Aarti & Silent Sitting (all attend)
07:15 – 08:00 Breakfast
09:00 – 12:00 Seva Desk Open for those wishing to help
12:30 – 13:15 Lunch
14:30 – 17:30 Seva Desk Open for those wishing to help
15:30 – 16:30 Guided meditation or other activity
19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
20:00 – 20:15 Guru Aarti (all attend)
20:15 – 22:00 Evening program (such as video Satsang or Bhajans)
22:00 Lights Out

It’s my belief the psychological regime they’re put under systematically causes these (serious) mental health issues. The videos alone leave the viewer in a very confused & disassociated state, none of this takes into account the interactions which happen at a more personal level.
They seem to share the mindset someone’s inferior for “not getting it” (being confused or resistive) or becoming mentally unstable as a direct result, they reason this away with “Mooji’s not suitable for those who need therapy” (gaslighting). To hear there’s no real support doesn’t surprise me at all.

On another note, Tony's latest video "stand with the sages" is absolutely hilarious, he's resorted to outright blackmail :D
It's quite tragic the way he lacks so much credibility these days he has to (by implication) group himself in with these historic figures to play his mind games. This is like something from a (strange) controlling relationship, he's behaving a like a psychotic possessive boyfriend.
This is what happens when a controlling individuals control is lost!
So Tony never makes any claims, is humble, just sold incense & people flock to him. Err.... ok.

Date: August 14, 2021 06:27AM

Henri Jolicoeur makes yet another video criticizing Mooji, Papaji and the whole false linage fiasco.

[www.youtube.com]

Mooji previously claimed to be a direct spiritual descendent of Ramana Maharshi - but since multiple people came forward to debunk this blatant lie, Moo did a backflip and wiped the spiritual linage claim from his website.

What else has Moo lied about??????

Date: August 17, 2021 04:41PM

Have we seen this video before? I think its been doing the rounds for some time - its quite sickening. Watch with care!

[www.youtube.com]

Here is a comment from below the video, written by "Dream Catchers":

My friend, I am here watching this video because I know personally some of this people and wanted to see whats going on in there.
Believe me , they are not so happy at all.
They are in a kind of hypnotic state in this satsangs but if you have a deep conversation with them they bring a vibe of absolute disapointment in life, like a zombie who wishes nothing but because is not even feeling alive.

Losing the sense of self, is a valuable teaching, but if you turn it into something radical, it can be very destructive, and make somebody deattach themselves so much from life, that they dont even know why are they alive for and they killed any inner guide they could posibly have, confusing that with their ego.

They bring the biggest sadness when you talk to them believe me. And most of them have very dramaric childhood stories, with so many issues.

Its sad because they are beautifull people who just needed validation! guidance, and an spiritual path and higher meaning in life.

And they could have found all that in a better way maybe. :

Date: August 18, 2021 05:08AM

If you read the entire comments section under the Youtube video mentioned above you can read several further comments by "Dream Catchers".

Quote:

Mooji, for what I know does sleep with his followers bcs I have a friend who slept with him and who speaks exactky like the ones in the video.
Also she turned into somebody completlet disapinted in life, lost all character and vitality she has.

(written 1 month ago)

Quote:

About my friend, the only thing she told me is that she had a deep connection with Mooji and it became sexual.
As long as I know he married a twnety year old sewdish girl some years ago , so I dont think he claims to be celibate.
Its difficult to talk to my friend bcs she is so brainwashed that its like talking to a recordimg of Mooji not like talking to her anymore.

(written 2 months ago)

Date: August 18, 2021 08:48AM

Also, Everyone -

I found an interesting podcast discussing Moo's Cult. It's a good listen!

[www.schooloflifedesign.com]

One woman describes how she almost fell victim to the on-line recruitment drive and slick marketing of the Moo Organization.

At 7.42 minutes she describes how she became very into Moo.

At 9.15 she describes the end of one of the videos she watched - she sees a young woman trailing Moo. It gave her a weird feeling.

At 11.40 minutes "Mooji is basically Osho"

At 14.40 - the Russell Brand connection.

18.00 "Its an abuse of power."

Date: August 22, 2021 05:29AM

A comment lifted directly from social media today.

Quote:
I was drawn in for a while to his satsang and followed him for a few years. I left as it became obvious to me that he was sleeping with his 'young-enough-to-be-his- daughters' beautiful devotees and hiding it.
I also saw how he encouraged people to worship him and bow at his feet which is a strange thing to do when you are a non dual teacher from the UK. I saw how he let people call him Sri Mooji-ji but you say you have never heard him call himself a guru. He doesn't need to. The fact that he is not stopping this adoration is enough.
I also noticed that he could not take any accountability if someone challenged him and he would get angry and cut them off. I noticed how the 'Mooji shop' was getting bigger each year with photos of Mooji's feet, Mooji calendars and Mooji face creeping onto the mala.
I lost respect for him. There are so many red flags that there is no doubt in my mind that this is a cult. I could go on but I won't. Its enough just to name the above. I can discern what he points to as I have been 30 years in spirituality. He speaks well but his actions don't match his words. I would suggest that you do some research on cults and how they pull people in RA Pascale. It could really help.
This is my lived direct experience.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 15, 2021 04:17AM

Here's something interesting (and embarassing).
It's a goofy rap video with Fat Tony in it.
There's a lot of strange concepts in the lyrics that show the depth of their brainwashing. The one that stands out comes at the end "Master take me all the way".

This reveals clearly what we already knew, that these "Sahajans" (as Tony calls them) honestly think that "Sri Moojibaba" can personally hand them classical Self Realization.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.