Current Page: 257 of 261
Poonja disavowed consequences of his own actions
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:27AM

I have zero respect for Poonja.

He fired up and unleashed his disciple Andrew Cohen upon the unsuspecting general population of trustful seekers. Cohen turned into an abusive viciously cruel despot. A multitude of his former students have published blogs and memoirs. Andrew Cohens career was analyzed on a television program.
"How I Created a Cult"

[www.bbcselect.com]

Poonja set people on fire and send them out to teach - and by extension publicize him. Then when HWL got harm reports that his ambassador teachers were behaving abusively, Poonja whined and pouted.

He likened his giving people tastes of enlightenment to giving lollipop candies to small children.

A responsible parent gives candy to children sparingly -- and a truly wise parent never gives candy to a child who pesters, nags and demands what is not good for it or others.

[realization.org]

During satsangs, Poonja often told students to “go home now and share this with your friends.” He sometimes referred to such people as his “ambassadors.” He is said to have deputized thousands in this fashion. As a result, a large number of people with connections to Poonja are now teaching in the West. For a partial list, see below under Links.

His negative remarks about his ambassadors
In the following excerpt from an interview he talks about his students including the “ambassadors“ he authorized to teach.

David: You used to give experiences to a lot of people. Why did you do it if you knew that the effect would not be permanent?

Papaji: I did it to get rid of the leeches who were sticking to me, never allowing me to rest or be by myself. It was a very good way of getting rid of all these leeches in a polite way. I knew that in doing this I was giving lollipops to the ignorant and innocent, but this is what these people wanted. When I tried to give $100 bills to them, they rejected them. They thought that they were just pieces of paper. So I gave them lollipops instead.

David: Many of the people you gave lollipops to left Lucknow thinking that they were enlightened. Does the fact that they accepted the lollipop and left indicate that they were not worthy to receive the $100 bills?

Papaji: If one is not a holy person, one is not worthy to receive the real teaching. Many people think that they have attained the final state of full and complete liberation. They have fooled themselves, and they have fooled many other people but they have not fooled me.

A person in this state is like a fake coin. It may look like the real thing. It can be passed around and used by ignorant people who use it to buy things with. People who have it in their pocket can boast of having a genuine coin, but it is not real. But it has no value. When it is finally discovered to be a fake, the person who is circulating it, claiming that it is real, is subject to the penalties of the law. In the spiritual world, the law of karma catches up and deals with all people who are trafficking in fake experiences.

I have never passed on the truth to those whom I could see were fake coins. These people may look like gold and they may glitter like gold, but they have no real value.

There are many people who can put on a show and fool other people into believing they are enlightened.

Nothing Ever Happened Vol. 3. by David Godman, p. 366?67.

And:

David: Many people have heard you say, ‘I have not given my final teachings to anyone’. What are these final teachings, and why are you not giving them out?”

Papaji: Nobody is worthy to receive them. Because it has been my experience that everybody has proved to be arrogant and egotistic…

Nothing Ever Happened Vol. 3. by David Godman, p. 362

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2022 01:28AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 10:01AM

So Papaji 'got rid of' people by 'giving them what they wanted...'?

That doesn't sound too holy to me... sounds more like a scam enacted by a egotist.

No doubt a egotist just attracts other delusional folks. It's really so sad.

When Papaji claimed 'the law of karma catches up with and deals with people who are trafficking in fake experiences' he was talking about himself!

Date: January 08, 2022 10:51AM

Any adult who distributes boxes of matches to excited children and turns them loose would be jailed and held responsible for fire damage and loss of life and limb.

In my opinion, Poonja did the equivalent of this.

We cannot trustfully assume that these gurus regard spiritual seekers as having human dignity and human rights as defined by Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Article 1

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Being smirked at and laughed at in satsang before an audience violates
Article 5

Article 5

No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Full text here:

[www.un.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2022 08:47PM by corboy.

Posted by: facet ()
Date: January 18, 2022 04:24AM

Re mystic Pearl alchemy, great to watch in action !

In my own observation, mystic Pearl alchemy is not the “type” to turn up to one of these satsangs to Mooji, she is an unusual occurrence and Mooji immediately knows this, and likely sees her as a plant - “you need your own show”, he tries to bust her here but she is admirably unshaken.

He quite obviously protects himself and utilises his fan base (extensions of himself) as a tool in helping him to do so. The reflection of mystic Pearl alchemy was not satisfactory one, more a pestilent vision of “ego”.. aka, individual, uncontrollable, free agency.

It’s one of the worst shit when one is forced to skip the word “I” from the vocabulary, fear and shame of using “I” in any sentence is massive in certain circles, and in the clip Mooji gives a nice lesson to us on why that is. She must not exist, her individual reflection is not satisfactory. Only he must exist through her, end of story.

The last thing anybody wants to be seen as is in these setting is as an “egoic” person. The shame encountered about having a sense of who you are, a sense of self, which is necessary for an easier, less abusive, boundaried life, is highlighted nicely here.

“I, I, I”. Well, I laughed when she wapped him with the I am presence thing :D If this pops up on some program somewhere I’d not be surprised. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2022 04:34AM by facet.

Posted by: facet ()
Date: January 22, 2022 12:42AM

On the subject of the illusory thing that is sent around people who do not know, there is a recognised syndrome, “Paris Syndrome” which can be found on the link below, similar situation is relied on by some people with regards to India. It can happen with places that are advertised in a certain way but turn out to be different to what had been presented to the imagination.

[en.wikipedia.org]

You get to see some parts and adore it, but there is an everyday realistic living reality under that “maya” provided by the guru, the maya that the guru claims to be risen above and help others to abolish, on certain conditions of his prescription adherence.

Just one of many reality based documentary via YouTube :

[m.youtube.com]

Did Mooji take part in the custom of india to treat untouchables in the way that they are treated? Does he take part in arranged marriage, dowry, certain living conditions, and the like? Does he take part in everything that the culture requires or just his chosen favourite parts that he deems fit and useful?

Added note;

Brick kiln workers, India

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2022 12:57AM by facet.

Date: March 13, 2022 06:51AM

This just showed up on facebook.

"A group of people within Bentinho Massaro's inner-circle community recently came out and exposed what Bentinho has been doing behind the scenes."

Let's hope that those in Mooji's "inner-circle community" see this, and realize they too can group together and do the same thing these folks did, and expose Mooji from inside his so-called Sangha.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 11, 2022 11:59PM

Hi all,

There hasn't been a lot of action here, but "Moojibaba" continues to be in business. With Covid restrictions lifting, no doubt his "ashram" (compound) will open up again to afford him the in-person narc-supply he's been denied.

I know there's been a few times that people living at his compound have chimed in here. Does anyone have any news as to what's going on there these days?

Let's keep up the good work on exposing him, more and more people are finding this forum, and because of that, thankfully avoiding getting sucked into his cult.

Hmmm....New Fish Swimming Into Recruitment Pool?
Date: April 22, 2022 10:53PM

Wall Street Journal Life & Work Journal Reports: Retirement

Want to Retire in Portugal? Here’s What to Know, as Americans Move There in Droves.
Retirees are drawn by a low cost of living, healthcare, a sunny climate and tax incentives

[news.google.com]

Posted by: Truth wins ()
Date: May 01, 2022 11:40PM

Does he have other centers in the world?

Date: May 09, 2022 08:41PM

Some of the Osho / Rajneesh people are involved with Mooji's establishment.

The daughter of a Rajneesh disciple has described how Rajneesh/Oshos teachings gave and still give a perfect rationale for abdicating any concern for those you have abandoned.

Abandoned in the name of enlightenment.

All this can be exploited by today's gurus.

As you read the quotation below, translate the Osho rationalizations into Moojispeak.

My Dad Was a Sex Cult Addict

[www.thedailybeast.com]

"When he became a Rajneesh disciple, he spent the next 10 years chasing the dream—wild dancing, his arms in the air, stripping off his clothes in dynamic meditation; swapping partners, adopting his guru’s grandiose evasiveness —“You think too much,” he would say to me when I shared my confusion and pain at him leaving.

“Turn off the critical brain; it will not help you.”

"And when my tears started to flow unbidden because I was so in need of his attention, he told me, “You are so negative.”

"Faced with my quiet jealousy of his new wife who was aged 18, only eight years older than me, he would proclaim — “You can choose to be happy, or you can choose to be sad, it has nothing to do with me.”

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2022 08:48PM by corboy.

Current Page: 257 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.