Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: November 25, 2020 10:35PM

A highly recommended short video by Jac O'Keeffe with an approach to the presentation he gave at THE WORLD UNITED congress. The title was: Finding balance with the dualities of being human and embracing spirituality. [www.youtube.com]
It's worth listening to and lasts only 15 minutes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stefa ()
Date: November 27, 2020 06:35PM

Maria Lena Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's worth listening to and lasts only 15 minutes.

Thank you Maria. After the cow experience, this was a easy one to spot. Just go to Jac's website at
[www.jac-okeeffe.com]

Try scheduling a private session and you will see that 30mins cost USD 125 and 50mins cost USD 200.

How different is this from the cow who charges EURO 150 for personal face to face session???

Wrote this for someone from this forum eons ago and posting it below for free:

The only price you have to pay is $incerity.

1. Say the word "I", or think "I' (without saying it verbally), where does your attention suddenly shift to? David Godman refers to this as the "I" feeling. This is "ego I" that you have been conditioned to remember. Continue to do this until you are be able to discern that your absolute being is watching this "ego "I". Awareness watching awareness. Being aware that you are aware. Asking yourself "To whom do these thoughts appear?" will also lead your attention to this "ego I".

2. Asking youself "Who am I" at this stage will shift your attention to itself. Stay here. Attention on attention.

3. Alternatively, following the following instructions will also get you to "attention on attention". Try to remember your childhood days, some you can remember and some you cannot remember. So try to remember what you cannot remember. This is the same as trying to remember how you look like before your father was even born? Your ego tries to follow whatever memory it can find until it ends up hitting a blank "wall" or "space". That is the root of 'I'; the "I" before the 'ego I' arose, your original state of being.

Step 3 is for me the most directly way to get here to the root of "ego I". Step 2 documents Ramana's use of the question "Who am I?" to get here. Nisargadatta used "I am That" to get here. Robert Spira uses "Who is aware?" to get here.

When you get to this point, Fear will come because the ego which you think is yourself is so close to the Absolute, it fears for its individual existence. Your heart may also start to beat faster. To conquer this fear, SURRENDER is key. There is effort when you fight the feeling. If you don't fight, let it all go, it is effortless.

It is not easy to let it all go. The feeling is very similar to sitting on the window sill with your back facing the outside of the window, letting go of your dear life and falling backward into the "unknown", this freefall is complete surrender. Earnesty will invoke Grace.......Grace will take care of the rest and you will not need my explanation anymore because you are a light unto yourself.

Do this for one hour in the morning and one hour before your sleep and let nature takes its course. The process is long for most of us because the egoic "I" accumulated for many lifetimes has to be 'burnt' off. So don't expect anything is the best attitude.

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: November 28, 2020 10:20PM

Maria Lena Wrote:
> A highly recommended short video by Jac O'Keeffe
> with an approach to the presentation he gave at
> THE WORLD UNITED congress. The title was: Finding
> balance with the dualities of being human and
> embracing spirituality.
> [www.youtube.com]
> It's worth listening to and lasts only 15 minutes.

She's still touting infantile narcissism ("abiding in the depth of your being") -- the same as Tony Moo. The only people this works well for are the ones who start a satsang business.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 29, 2020 02:07AM

Something to think.about:

In this pandemic, many of us cannot easily get medical or counseling help if we have a bad reaction to a strenuous meditation technique - especially if socially isolating.

One hour of any meditation in the morning *and* at bedtime is a very high dose.

Add in the ego destabilizing script and that does carry a risk of undesirable side effects.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: November 29, 2020 06:17AM

corboy Wrote:

>
> Add in the ego destabilizing script and that does
> carry a risk of undesirable side effects.

I would like to share something. Lately I noticed change in my personality. Meditation gave me impression there is actually not a personal me, although I sometimes get something personally, but very often I do not feel any pain. Even when someone at work say something really unkindly, vulgar, what would make me feel unpleasantly in the past, now it totally doesn't matter to me. I just do not get any feeling.

Many people at work noticed change in me. For exaple there was a girl, younger than me, who tried all the time to be in the center of my attention,by laud behavior, or she tried to show me in a bad light in front of others, or she was trying to use me and do her work with my hands. I was like, trying to ignore her, as Eckhart was teaching,not being reactive, but inside I felt this isn't right how she behave.
And suddenly I do not know when, something happened, and this believe that I have to keep what I think for myself disappear and I told her to live me alone, if I'm not interested with her, then better if she focuse her attention on people who are already around her, that she must stop lie about my work and if she has a problem we can go together to boss and discuss it, or there are cameras at work, so we can watch together if I ever neglected my work. She was shocked I was openly speaking all of it to her.I also was suprised, I never knew I had some blockade.
And also when she was really mean to me, one day I also ansvered her the same way, she was playing with me, and she was so confused like she was sure I was unable to be unkind, to hurt purpously someone, she perhaps thought, she can mess with me, but I will never mess with her. So she only opened wide her eyes, and said - what happened with you.
Before I was afraid of loosing my job, that's why I was allowing this behavior. Or I didn't know how to respond normally. I was like, or screaming, or pretending it doesn't bother me, or complain about my problems to others, to feel better as the victim.

But what is bothering me. There sometimes feels like my sense of self is no more, and I say sometmes openly things that people learnt to not speak about,or about sex, like I'm braking social taboo and many people do not feel comfortable with me, I can see it. But it is like I have no control over myself. Like I do not mind anymore how I appear to people, maybe only sometimes I worry a little: what is going on with me, who am I.

And to not make off-topic I say that, this toxic girl riminded me of the situation of me and a cow years ago. He was unkind to me, and I couldn't respond, he was telling lies about me, and I couldn't respond,I supposed to shut up and listen to him.
I think situations will ripeat itself, if we won't learn cope with them, over and over again, with another people, at another places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2020 06:28AM by Gaja.

Date: November 29, 2020 07:34AM

corboy Wrote:
> One hour of any meditation in the morning *and* at
> bedtime is a very high dose.

Dear Corboy, yes you are right. Thank you for that insight. Meditation may not be for everybody. Sorry to everyone for overlooking that.

That's why Ramana never really specified anything for the masses who came to him looking for a formula or instruction. He only encouraged them to go further with what they were already practicing.

Thought the script may be be a useful option for a ?handful few? who are thirsting to advance further, instead of spending fortune chasing after con artists.

Date: November 29, 2020 02:06PM

the body does not say "i", who does ? Keep on asking thus and the question will start devouring you , inside out.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: November 29, 2020 03:55PM

Meditation can also be practiced during the day, as long as there is not falling into routine and doing in automatic way. While being aware, the work I considered to be heavy, without the thought - this work is so hard, this work became very light and easy.
Or during car driving, instead, like before, being focused on the mind content,and I was getting home, or to work in automatic way,I do not know when and how, now I'm looking around, I can see trees, be where I'm.

Anyway, now I do not have to give my money to any guru, I can invest my money with my own apartment. And not just watch guru to be safe, have 2 apartments,one in England, another one in Portugal, have a slaves who work for him for free, while I can have the same results in meditation,while working for money,and taking care for myself, and I can also buy myself apartment to protect my body. And I do not have to live on the street anymore, because some "loving" guru convinced me, money are bad,or not needed and life will take care of me, where it turns out to not be truth. Maybe he was meeting on his path only nice people, while he was with no money and no job. I was meeting only drank, junkies, who were offering me a bed, for sex in return. And I was afraid I will be raped while I was homless. So do not listen to a cow, life won't take care of you if you give up, world desires. You have to take care of yourself, and do not believe to any guru. We still have a body, which have a certan needs, and this is our responsibility to take care for ourselves. Moo was a young and charismatic, charming guy when he "awaken", and women are usually more kind, and will help to a guy while expecting nothing in return, so he was more safe during no job period, because as we know and can see, many women loves our charismatic, narcisistic - cow, and will treat him in a special way.

Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: November 29, 2020 05:50PM

Dear stefa
Thank you very much for the research you have done about the video that I uploaded to the Forum. I was unaware of the information you entered. I received the video and found the interview interesting so I put it in this Forum with the intention of helping those who read us. Now I see that it is not useful at all. So I authorize the moderator to remove it. My apologies to all, nothing is further from my intention than to promote other gurus.

Date: November 29, 2020 06:03PM

Maria Lena Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------I
> received the video and found the interview
> interesting so I put it in this Forum with the
> intention of helping those who read us.

Hello Maria, really appreciate you taking time to write the message. Don't worry. Doesn't matter at all since your intention is to help, And everybody in this forum is here to help and look out for one another. Have got to admit that the 'gurus' are very enticing with their various approaches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.