Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: September 01, 2020 01:16AM

stefa Wrote:
> However, if you are a fake, you need a guru attire
> ironed to straight perfection, handpicked
> rudraksha stringed round your neck

Right! And apparently, you even need to mix a fantasy Indian accent through your native accent, like he does, and add the typically Indian head bobble to your body language (like here at 27:13)

It's really amazing how he can say so little with so many words while giving off the impression (to uncritical observers) of being profound and superior.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: September 02, 2020 06:58PM

This Guardian article is interesting for understanding Mooji's psychological wounds that made him take such an escapist approach of spirituality: [www.theguardian.com]

In two posts in a thread about Eckhart Tolle, I've expanded on the mechanism behind this escapist approach of spirituality, which I've suffered from myself (first post, second post). Writing about it here over the last few years has been part of working out this problem for myself, so thank you all for allowing me to post my thoughts here.

Sept,2020
Posted by: Constantin ()
Date: September 06, 2020 04:43PM

I left this fake guru, and upon reflection I could see the Love-bombing technique they use at Monte fake.

When I first came, I was catered for brought out for lunch and dinner, hugged asked about, cared for etc....that was for a the first 10 days, then after that, it was like a switch went off, he stopped talking to me, did not reply to ANY questions. and suddenly I had only dirty looks to deal with, looking back and seeing this I am surprised I did not catch it then. But honestly I had never heard of LOVE bombing before. In fact in my time at Monte fake I learnt all kinds of new words like gas lighting and such. Since i left i feel much better. Also iam in contact with old friends there and they tell me there are still over 100 people there.The fat guy still comes out and tries to get people hooked to him, like a bad broken record he repeats they same things over and over again. the fact that he is very uncomfortable in his own skin is apparent he is fidgety and restless on his own, he can never sit still and just be quiet. Thats why he always has to talk. The covid 19 has been tough on him since the ego needs people to look up to him, so then he uses the internet. Recently with that crazy guy russel, who is the same fame searching ego tripping lost boy like the fat phoney tony.

Posted by: Constantin ()
Date: September 06, 2020 04:58PM

One more thing...
There only weak and lonely people there at the monte fake.
Adults who have lost their father or have other psychological issues.
If they would show what goes on behind the scenes there, nobody would watch any of his videos, because anyone can see that he does not give a toss about anyone but himself. He cares only about his image and how the internet sees him.
On the webb it always says " Must watch" as if your life depends on it, this is just to catch weak people who have no life of their own, meanwhile nobody can leave the ashram and come back, so people are essentially stuck there in fear that they get kicked out, thanks to covid 19 the people around mr ego have tightened their grip on who comes in or out. It is really sad to see all this and i wish that he gets down from his high horse and stops pretending that he got something that everyone else has not. C.

Re: Sept,2020
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 07, 2020 12:47AM

Constantin, I am so glad you are out of there and now safe at home with your real friends.

What you wrote above:

the fact that he is very uncomfortable in his own skin is apparent he is fidgety and restless on his own, he can never sit still and just be quiet. Thats why he always has to talk. The covid 19 has been tough on him since the ego needs people to look up to him, so then he uses the internet.

This description resembles how recovering alcoholics and addicts describe withdrawal symptoms.

New conquests of new disciples, seeing one's numbers rise, rise rise (revenue, number of disciples, internet traffic statistics) -- friends, that very likely stimulate the reward centers in the brain and leaves one wanting more, more more - and feeling itchy and restless when cut off.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 07, 2020 12:56AM

Hamlet's last words were "The rest is silence".

Perhaps the epitaph for Moo will be "It was all just dopamine"?

And the theme music could be "Whats Love Got to Do With It?" by Tina Turner

[www.google.com]

The backstory to this song is a message of hope for all of us. It was not easy for Miss Turner to create it. Truth is painful as hell.

I cannot agree that this is an "anti love song". It is an anti abusive relationship song which kidnaps and exploits love and loyalty, making it hard to escape - and find genuine love.

[www.songfacts.com]

"This was Tina Turner's comeback song. She first hit the pop charts with her husband Ike in 1960, and their biggest hit came in 1971 with a cover of "Proud Mary." After enduring years of spousal abuse, Tina split from Ike in the mid-'70s and her career was in limbo until this song thrust her back in the spotlight 13 years after "Proud Mary." More hit singles followed, cementing her status as a music icon. >>

"She balked at recording it, but had the good sense to defer to her manager, Roger Davies, who was engineering her comeback and was sure the song would be a hit.

For the full essay, go here:

[www.songfacts.com]

Re: Sept,2020
Posted by: stefa ()
Date: September 07, 2020 03:54AM

Constantin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I left this fake guru,

Congratulations on your good fortune.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: September 07, 2020 12:20PM

Hey all, been away for a bit, just got a Russell Brand notification with his interview with Mooji . . . . . I remember being a person who would've been excited about that years ago. If you read the comments there is not one objection to this interview. Thought there would be more 'free talk' about the mooji controversy as the comments arent blocked, and yet nothing.
I have listened to Russell Brand for a while as he has brought on some very useful and informative guests, only in the past year he's been bringing on very popular spiritualists. Its really sad cause I like Russell Brand, but I cannot stand for someone unconsciously endorsing a spiritually exploitive fake guru. I cannot believe people are believing this stuff, and yet there are so many eating it up!! Cannot believe the ignorance and yet, if I hadnt gone to sahaja I would still be in the same boat

Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: September 07, 2020 10:34PM

I just discovered this documentary series "The Vow". The serie delves into the secrets of the cult group NXIVM, which was joined by the elites of the United States and well-known actresses such as Allison Mack (Smallville). Released on August 23, The Vow (directed by Jehane Noujaim and Karim Amer) follows through its nine chapters several people who were part of the cult group NXIVM to explore the sinister reality behind their criminal acts. The organization, founded in 1998, came to the fore a couple of years ago when the authorities arrested those responsible, led by the messianic Keith Raniere, after attracting thousands of acolytes to their supposed self-help group under the promise of liberation. of its full potential.
It will be interesting to see it.
Greetings to all the brave people who share information on this great site.

Posted by: itsnowornever ()
Date: September 08, 2020 09:21PM

"It's easy to criticize western students, but the fact is that we don't have a guru tradition in out culture. It's not that we're screwed up because we don't know how to relate to gurus. That's a cheap shot. In the traditional cultures of Asia, guru devotion was congruent with the structure of their culture and family systems. So it fit right into their ego structure. The term for that in western psychology is ego syntonic:'compatible with ego.'In a culture that regards individual interests as subservient to family and group needs, it is compatible with ego to obey authority, to do what one is told.
In fact, some eastern teachers really appreciate their western students because we just don't go along automatically.In Asia, many people listen to the teachings without chewing them over and really taking them in. They go along with the outer form(...)but do not engage in a way that goes in deeply." -John Welwood

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.