Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 12, 2020 06:18AM

Thank you Heythere101 and Gaja,

Gaja, you wrote:

"I never saw, my entire life, even the most in love couples I know, who would show to each other as much affection and dedication as you can see on the pictures with Moo and his pretty, very young devotees. They travel everywhere, they live there for so many years. Do you really believe, touches and kisses are not continued within their private rooms?"

Well, personally, Gaja, No, I do not believe that the touching and kissing is strictly limited to appropriate displays of affection between Master and Devotee! But then again, I wasn't born yesterday.

I'm sure the reality of it will all come out into the open at some point. It always does, enventually.

Heythere1010101,

that is very good advice of yours - to seek professional help in dealing with a cult experience. No-one should have to deal with something like this alone.

You wrote:

"If I have any recommendation, it is to line up a councelor, therapist, psychiatrist, anyone professional to get help once you leave mooji/sahaja!!"

I agree with you absolutely. Moo's official website warns that Moo's teachings can cause people serious psychological issues. Of course they infer that these issues must of already been present in the victim student before they got involved with Moo, but really, how would you know? Cult indoctrination has been shown to cause psychosis - see the below article in the N.Y Tines.

[www.nytimes.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 12, 2020 10:38PM

Have your therapist read Be Scofield's article, Becoming God in Portugal.

Also tell the therapist to learn about suicides among Moo's followers.

[www.google.com]

A few posts to have a new therapist read:

I loaned a friend $1700 US to fly from Seattle to Portugal in order to attend her heart's desire, an encounter with Mooji. It has been over a year now, and she seems deeply embedded with Mooji and a local Osho group. Needless to say, she now has no money to repay me. Just posting this to let others know, this cult changes people. Her eyes no longer portray life.
.. missingjoy

[forum.culteducation.com]

Sad to hear that his censorship is so effective....Ananas

If you consult with a mental health professional, tell the person about
the suicides and direct them to online references to this.

Tell them

Testimony from a former Moo recruiter on reddit

Allegations of wiretapping at Monte Sahaja - Constantin

"It is very hard to get out of this cult" -- Constantin

I WAS THERE AT SAHAJA FOR YEARS AND I CAN CONFIRM THAT ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE TRUE... from Abdias824

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: May 13, 2020 02:08AM

Do you think that Moo bother with what is happening with people, who met him, do you think he cares, they had great troubles in life, they commmited suicides ? No, he doesn't care. If he felt a little guilty about what had happened he would stop his charlatanism, took his money and spend rest of his comfortable life with Krishanbai on Jamaica and stop showing himself in media. But he doesn't care, people come to him, suffer terribly, and he is convincing them, this is good, and if they come back home, being abused by him...it doesn't matter for him, their life, their problems. If they give all money to Moo, and die from hunger on the streets, or being raped it doesn't matter, their life is their problem. The most important thing for Moo is, he can show his cuddle pictures with Krishnabai on facebook where they both smile. The most important thing for him, is to have more devotees around himself, because sweet cuddle with Krishnabai is not enough for his happiness. He needs more people to confirm his greatness, without people worshiping him, there wouldn't be any greatness.

Seriously, he represents so immature behavior, to the point I do not know how can anyone listen to his satsangs, his words and treat him with respect.

This is Moo himself that should go for psychiatric treatment.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: May 13, 2020 06:51AM

The rumors about Osho followers moving over to Sahaja is true, I would hear about that frequently. There is a lot of casual talk about that in sahaja, also met members from the Osho 'family' there. I remember hitching a ride to sahaja with two people, one pridefully talking about how he grew up in an Osho commune as a child, and the other scoffing at him, and telling him that osho was crazy. They got into an argument about it, and kept trying to top one another, and prove who was more enlightened. These types of ridiculous arguments happen all the time in Sahaja, everyone trying to 'out-enlighten' each other.
I remember feeling this very sad feeling thinking about the guy who had grown up in the Osho commune. He doesnt know any other way of life, he thinks it is necessary to have a 'guru' type figure and felt compelled to join mooji when he didnt know where to go anymore. There is also this strange percentage of people, who 'switch over' gurus.
In one satsang a lady said she was 'switching' over to mooji now, tearfully, from her guru "amma' the mostly silent 'hugging saint'. She was switching over because her boyfriend was a pretty keyed in mooji devotee, a resident at sahaja for years, and apparently she felt compelled to become one too.
It was a conversation between her and mooji, where she tearfully confessed she felt compelled to become his devotee, instead of amma, and the whole thing seemed very immature and disingenuous.

Another interesting thing I started becoming on the 'look-out' for.
The devotees who seem to have been there 'forever' really havent, there is a new wave, from every one to three years of die hard devotees. The rest that were 'all or nothing' devotees, tend to filter out after about a year or two.
Now, I will say, there is a strong devotee base, of about 30 people, who have been at sahaja, and with mooji, either from before sahaja was built (and helped to build it, and rumor has it smuggle money into portugal)
or from the time sahaja was being built. These are the people I think of interest. They are the 'residents' of sahaja, that have seen a lot, and still find there salvation lies within being a part of mooji's life.

These are the senior devotees, who have a 'position' at sahaja, and are in the ranks as a serious mooji devotee. They leave and come back, time and time again, when the 'time is right' to once again 'return home to their master.'

Occasionally, these people also actually leave sahaja, and are completely blacklisted? I think these are the people who would be good to talk with.

I am confused about something, I heard that mooji started sahaja with a young devotee (he) named radha, an indian woman, and they were a couple much like him and krishnabai, but he basically dumped her after building up sahaja with he. He started taking up with krishnabai, a fresh, young devotee who had shown up in the early stages of sahaja. Now what I am confused about is supposedly radha was blacklisted, because in some satsang she called mooji out on it and he dismissed her for being 'too personal'. Ouch.
But I see this woman, radha, singing at their satsangs in sahaja and in their india satsangs in footage. She doesnt stay at sahaja anymore though. It's so strange, if that is the same lady, she still carries a strong devotion to mooji and sings for him occasionally, but no longer is allowed at sahaja anymore?

When I was there, I also met a man who had been with mooji since the days in london, when he started giving satsangs in his flat. I knew it was true from the tone of his voice, and he even showed me a picture of them together when they were both younger.
He was sharing with me freely, and it was something like this as I recall
"I was a young man, getting into all kinds of trouble, and one day mooji came and invited me for a cup of tea. We wouldnt talk, just sat and enjoyed our tea, but something changed in me after that. Then i would go and see him all the time, and eventually started going to his satsangs (in london). I became a devotee, and then there was talk of building an ashram. Things changed after that. There were rituals, and rules, and now all of these young girls wanted to be around. Mooji then somehow became 'god'. Then things really changed and he was sri mooji baba"

This was just a random devotee sharing this with me for no reason. People there have things to say about what is going on, but they don't know how to.
And they are so far 'in' they wouldn't know how to find anyone who it would mean anything to.

The point is, people filter in and out of there. The people you see singing for him and sitting next to him as a bodyguard are always shifting, changing, one day they'll be in one position, the next gone.

mooji would often mention how people were not typically 'truly' loyal to him, and would take off and leave after they say how devoted they are to him and how much they love him. he would frequently emotionally manipulate his devotees by reminding them how a 'good' devotee STAYS with their guru
He talks too much about what kind of behavior devotees SHOULD have, implying that he wants them to act that way. These people are like puppies, they are WILLING to comply to his wishes and insinuations, its like a mass power of suggestion.

Date: May 13, 2020 08:00AM

So, for the 'senior' devotees,
there are a good handful who are probably too afraid to leave the 'guru', because they'll be 'bad' and probably be 'punished by god', there are some there, because they have their own lives and can come and go as they please, and don't really care to discover the 'dirtiness' of sahaja, and some who are still convinced mooji is god, their guru, and they genuinely do not want to leave him,
and then we have the top tier perpetrators (I mean devotees), those, like my camp managers, who are so devoted to their guru, mooji, they buy property and seize the opportunity they see in charging naive and idealistic young people to pay them rent to live in tents under their strict guidelines.

Date: May 13, 2020 09:04AM

wow, I just read Abdias824 posts, those are hilarious, similar to what I am trying to convey, and had experienced there,
and probably a bit more insightful about the sexual exploits than I. Laughing out loud to these posts

Date: May 13, 2020 09:12AM

Yes, I hope if anyone in Sahaja is reading this forum, please do not be afraid to speak out, or leave. Know that there are others who have experienced what you are experiencing, and also saw it as wrong. It will ultimately be a positive, albeit, extremely difficult turn for your life, that you will eventually thank yourself for.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: May 13, 2020 04:09PM

Heythere1010101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow, I just read Abdias824 posts, those are
> hilarious, similar to what I am trying to convey,
> and had experienced there,
> and probably a bit more insightful about the
> sexual exploits than I. Laughing out loud to
> these posts

Thanks Heythere1010101, indeed it is worth reading Abdias824 post, i hadn't read it myself; her next post is also very good:

I wanted to say that there are many many people watching this forum who have been affected in a negative way by the Whole Moo thing and do not post or comment for fear of retribution. There is a universal principle which states that if you disrespect your guru you will be cursed. I know that many are still in a state of confusion and bewilderment following their experience of Moo and his bastardisation and incompetent drivelling on the subject of Advaita and will be concerned that if they speak out they will be affected or cursed somehow.

Let me just clarify for those ones that promoting oneself as a Guru does not make you a guru. A Guru is an embodiment of Truth. The Guru emits the Light that removes the darkness of ignorance. A Guru does not induce a state of fear, insecurity, despair, confusion, lust, or greed. The Guru never wants anything from you and will NEVER tell you that he can bring about a state of Liberation or Enlightenment. A Guru NEVER promotes himself nor does he allow others to Promote him.. The Guru is endlessly patient and can only act from a place of Love which is his Natural state

I am not encouraging others to speak out but I am suggesting that if you feel nervous or worried about speaking out it is e definite sign that you have been tricked by one of the teaming hordes of phoney new age money grabbing , ass grabbijng 'Guru's' and it's OK. Its a part of the process.

It is very easy to know when you are in the presence of an enlightened being, there is absolutely no doubt, you cannot not know. They are rare and will not be found creeping around the red light district with a couple of tight lipped cronies

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 15, 2020 06:14AM

Heythere1010101 Wrote:
------------------------------------------------
>
> I am confused about something, I heard that mooji
> started sahaja with a young devotee (he) named
> radha, an indian woman, and they were a couple
> much like him and krishnabai, but he basically
> dumped her after building up sahaja with he. He
> started taking up with krishnabai, a fresh, young
> devotee who had shown up in the early stages of
> sahaja. Now what I am confused about is
> supposedly radha was blacklisted, because in some
> satsang she called mooji out on it and he
> dismissed her for being 'too personal'. Ouch.
> But I see this woman, radha, singing at their
> satsangs in sahaja and in their india satsangs in
> footage. She doesnt stay at sahaja anymore
> though. It's so strange, if that is the same
> lady, she still carries a strong devotion to mooji
> and sings for him occasionally, but no longer is
> allowed at sahaja anymore?
>

Hi Heythere101,

I think I can clear this issue up for you. There are two different Radhas. One was Mooji's partner - a Brazilian woman who was formally a yoga teacher. She was close to Lakshmi, who is still there at Monte Sahaja. This Radha left the group after she called Mooji out on his behavior and he told her "You were too attached" or words to that effect. This is the Radha who Moo married in a Hindu ceremony. (There was also another woman he had previously married in a Hindu ceremony - same priest and all. But I don't want to confuse things further!)

The other Radha is an Indian woman who sings in some of the Mooji videos on Youtube. I don't know a lot about her.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: May 16, 2020 12:13AM

while Moo is holding Krishanabi in his arms, he should say : some people are being so not loyal to me.

Ego always want;s more, even if have so much: talent, money, young blond girlfriend, worship of people, land gotten for free. There is always some complains if there is ego. Even in the cases of so called successful people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.