Current Page: 29 of 261
Re: Jesus did not live in an ashram
Posted by: Constantin ()
Date: October 30, 2018 05:50PM

thank you corboy for your insight.

About m. Sahaja :
There is a major suppression of videos that show anyone asked questions that have anything to do with money or organization or anything that is off his so called "Freedom Questions"
Also other sessions where people stood up and asked about his x girlfriend/wife and the whole ugly mess that followed. In fact their many things hidden from shaja express and utube.
CL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Constantin ()
Date: October 30, 2018 05:56PM

Thank you sahara71 for your last post, very true what you say

Posted by: happytown ()
Date: October 30, 2018 07:22PM

Many sedative drugs often come with the warning:

"Please be advised: do not drive or operate heavy machinery".

Mooji's invitation requires a similar disclaimer due to its potent numbing effect:

"Please be advised: do not drive or operate heavy machinery while listening to this audiobook. In case of a mental health condition, please consult your medical practitioner before listening to this audiobook. This audiobook is not a replacement for any medication or treatment".

One wonders how his enablers and retreat caregivers get over the incongruities between these legal disclaimers and mooji's apparent attitude on mental illness. Can one can have compassion when your jesus is so dismissive of the thing you might have to deal with? I guess the ends justify the means.

Never mind, have another hit of Invitation and forget all about it.

Gurus want to know and control everything.
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 30, 2018 08:40PM

Totalistic gurus like to know everything.

Note: Rajneesh, after his public disgrace, took the name Osho.

Google Rajneesh bugged

[www.google.com]

Rajneesh wiretapping

[www.google.com]

Gurumayik (Muktananda's successor) was also alleged to do this.

There are hidden video cameras in various places around the ashram. Many guest rooms and public areas are bugged, with hidden microphones picking up the conversation while Gurumayi and her assistants listen in. These areas include the Amrit, the Global Communications Office, the Meditation Hall, the Programming Office, public in-house telephone areas, and reception desks. In addition to this surveillance by microphones and cameras, the ashram staff know they can gain favor with Gurumayi by reporting any and all gossip to her at once, whether about visitors or about each other.

[www.leavingsiddhayoga.net]

[www.google.com]

Amma/Ammachi

Grateful on November 9, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Pankaj,
You nailed it:
“I also saw that most devotees didn’t seem fulfilled or have a sense of confidence. They lived for the guru but the guru wasn’t living for them. The gurus live for their own agenda which involves power through massive deception and mind control.”

Damn, I drank the Kool-Aid and kept trying to change myself, but the truth is that Amma doesn’t care jackshit about the individuals under her charge, much less the poor and needy. She wants everyone to be detached when it comes to their own health and money, meanwhile she funnels huge assets over to her relatives and for-profit enterprises from funds raised in the name of charity. Amma’s detachment goes out the window when it comes to what anyone is saying about her and the ashram, or if anyone questions her cooked books, rules, and/or policies.

The ashram is a closed system of “yes” people that don’t allow any questioning or free thought. There’s a doctrine of not allowing negative thinking, which is just another name for “cult mind control.” She claims, yes she does claim, that she is an Avatar, the Supreme Purusha, Devi, God, the same as Jesus (or better), etc.

Yet, why does this supreme being need everyone spying on each other and tattling if someone is not in line with the official doctrine? Why can’t Amma make friends (as equals) with other religious leaders of various faiths?

[gailtredwell.com]

After Muktananda died, there was a power struggle between the brother and sister appointed as his successors.

Gurumayi shoved her brother aside and took over, changing the the name from Siddha Yoga to SyDA Yoga.

There is a letter from a former SYDA disciple describing how Gurumayi got SYDA affiliated therapists to blab confidential material to her -- and how she laughed at all this.

Many a guru shows a sunny smile to the public and is quite different behind closed doors.

[www.leavingsiddhayoga.net]

(A few quotes)

There are hidden video cameras in various places around the ashram. Many guest rooms and public areas are bugged, with hidden microphones picking up the conversation while Gurumayi and her assistants listen in. These areas include the Amrit, the Global Communications Office, the Meditation Hall, the Programming Office, public in-house telephone areas, and reception desks. In addition to this surveillance by microphones and cameras, the ashram staff know they can gain favor with Gurumayi by reporting any and all gossip to her at once, whether about visitors or about each other.

The ashram staff is overworked and mistreated. Endless days and nights of work are required of ashramites for barely any pay or benefits; crowded, substandard living conditions with no privacy are typical; and sudden banishment's of people who worked hard and served faithfully for years are common. A number of these people who were thrown out of the ashram by Gurumayi were then told by her that they owe her thousands of dollars for their time with her. Sadly, there are people who are sending her the money she has demanded.

- Many of Gurumayi's staff suffer from depression, eating disorders, addictions, and other serious emotional disturbances. Gurumayi has been quietly sending numerous staff members and devotees to therapists and long-term treatment facilities. What is not acknowledged is that long-term exposure to the unhealthy dependency of ashram life and to the relentless emotional and physical demands Gurumayi makes of her staff plays a major role in their ill health. Ashramites usually ascribe this to the never-ending purification process they believe they must experience in order to better serve their guru.

- Gurumayi has sent many ashramites to therapists who are devotees. Some of these therapists violate their professional ethics and the confidentiality of their patients by reporting the contents of these sessions to Gurumayi, at her request. Some of us have witnessed Gurumayi, on numerous occasions, laughing derisively with these therapists at the clinical material being presented.

Note: you find your therapist happens to follow a guru, demand, in writing that your therapist will keep your sessions confidential and never disclose anything about you to the guru or the guru's successors, not even if asked or commanded to do so.

If your therapist is put into a conflict of loyalty and must choose between obeying the guru and keeping your material confidential, demand an assurance in writing that your therapist will inform you of th dilemma, without delay. A therapist who puts loyalty to the guru above loyalty to clients is violating his or her fiduciary (duty of care) obligations and breaks the law.

Rajneesh Osho Gave the Masterclass on Manipulating Group Emotion

Since there's some talk about possible Rajneesh/Osho influences on Moo, here is a very detailed visitor's description of the Osho ashram in Pune, India. She went there as a skeptic, very upset that her boyfriend was delayed in arriving there at the same time. In spite of herself, she reports being mesmerized, especially by the Rajneesh/Osho videos.

The Osho people have decades of experience in managing people, managing their possessions upon arrival, and maintaining a beguiling enclosed ashram.

I Charged My Energies at the Osho Meditation Resort

[www.vice.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 07:11PM by corboy.

Re: Abusive gurus - smiling in public, quite different in private
Date: October 30, 2018 08:58PM

Every group member will recognize the. Flying Monkeys around them:

[en.m.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: October 31, 2018 06:47AM

For me is important to investigate and prove here and at another Mooji discussion forum, that Mooji got spiritually corrupt and has failed in the three fields: sex, money and power, where the human ego get expressed very significantly and it’s very difficult to control it: Mooji has had very promiscoues sex life, begins to make a lot of money in this 2018 year, and has built up the cult like a tool of the power and famous. I think it’s important to show that Mooji is not an enlightened being but a normal regular person. And people inside of Monte Sahaja cult and outside his followers and sanghas can relax and see that Mooji presents only a recreation spirituality, entertainment satsangs, and some kind of therapeutic group gatherings, and see that Mooji is only a teacher, who does not follow his own spiritual pointing out. I am not against to enjoy the life in an ashram or to be the member of a sangha outside, but it must be said that Mooji is not serious about what he talks, he does not practice it, his cult must be taken down a little bit in Monte Sahaja and online.

[www.youtube.com] . Mooji: drop it, drop everything....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 06:52AM by Horowitz.

Date: October 31, 2018 07:01AM

The difference between a cult and a religion according to Janja Lalich:

[www.refinery29.com]

1. They will rush you
2. Their leader is the higher power
3. They control rather than guide
4. They make it impossible to trust fellow followers

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 02, 2018 09:59AM

A comment from a post on the satirical Facebook page 'Chi-ting Apocalypse', written by a woman called "Anna".

"no, beautiful place, but Mooji and his sangha are crazy, weird in behoviour, perhaps because Mooji is about to brainwashed people minds, or brains...once attended his satsang, and end up insane, didn't know what people say to me(or were talking very weird things, I thought I eend up in hell). Lost my job, and was wondering alone from place to place, until police offered me hospital for mentally ill people (people there are more sane than mooji and his sangha)."

[www.facebook.com]

Anna's comment was written under a post about a woman who is claiming Moo is Christ on her spiritual website. (Do I need to point out again that Moo is not God or Jesus? Moo is just some weird old guy who has too much interest in other people's sex lives. He probably thinks is God, but he isn't.)

I feel sorry for people like Anna, who have lost their sanity due to Moo's cult brainwashing. It's tragic the amount of damage cults like this can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2018 10:01AM by Sahara71.

Date: November 02, 2018 07:04PM

Spiritual consumers, feasting on YouTube and retreats, maybe not recognize what's being said in this article and other posts, but the 'Sangha' or disciples will know about Bhagwan's Devious Trap':

[newrepublic.com]

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 03, 2018 04:55AM

Thanks Happytown,

That is a great article which explains the cult indoctrination process perfectly. If you go back and read the accounts given here by Constantin and Yourinlove, you can see the similarities in their first-hand accounts of Moo's cult, and the experiences of people who were under Rajneesh's control.

Rajneesh (now called Osho) used a type of dynamic meditation to break down people's identities, while Moo uses a manipulative form of "self-inquiry". People eventually get to a psychological place of extreme vulnerability, where their very identities are in question. Once they are in this place, the cult leader puts himself forward as the ultimate source of wisdom and authority and the vulnerable person accepts the cult leader's status as all-knowing and all powerful.

It's a pretty effective method- tried and true!

Moo uses group trance induction to kick-start the whole process, just as Osho did. This gives people a taste of deep relaxation which they mistake for some kind of spiritual awakening. They don't know what they feel, but it feels good. It's confusing, because they don't understand why they feel good, but they do. (I know because it happened to me.)

It piques their interest. At this point, they have absolutely no idea that this stuff could be dangerous. It all seems so innocent. What could be more innocent than spirituality, after all? How could you go wrong??

After the trance induction come the highly suggestive ideas. This is where you are told by Moo that you are "not really you. You are the pure self." If you have any kind of issue accessing this "pure self" then it is your fault. You must be doing it wrong. Moo is the only one who can tell you how to do it right. You give up any sense of your own personal power at this point.

The message is "your mind is faulty. You were probably born that way. Listen to me and you will be able to transcend your faulty mind, and become perfect and blissful". What happens for a lot of people is that they become psychotic! Because you can never get rid of your own mind. Trying to do so will send you around the twist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 05:11AM by Sahara71.

Current Page: 29 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.