Current Page: 9 of 261
CEI -Keep information findable so all readers can find & evaluate
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 26, 2018 06:13AM

Cult Education Institute - CEI - Keeping information findable so all readers can evaluate

Todays digital texts are unstable and will not remain accessible unless a lot of us cooperate in their preservation.

Texts that challenge someone's monopoly of power are less likely to be preserved.

Yeah, its like the days when books were written on perishable materials such as papyrus and parchment.

Only way that texts could be preserved decade after decade was by continually creating fresh copies by hand to replace older copies crumbling away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 09:22PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: happytown ()
Date: May 09, 2018 04:44AM

Mooji's latest book is grandiosely called "Immediate Awakening for Everyone", which seems as definitive as the lengthy medical disclaimer now on his website to keep anyone away that might become a liability.

This post here on another discussion on [itisnotreal.blogspot.pt]

Played the crowdTuesday, March 27, 2018 at 9:41:00 AM PDT
I'm very happy to read this. The line "playing to the crowd" just hit me so hard.

I have six months into a stay in Mooji's Ashram. I was very down and lost because of pressures I was under there. Suffering and seemingly surrounded by people who were psychologically absent (no not in a good way). It was all 'satsang' so it's all accepted and allowed, until they decide something is wrong with you and then you're quietly bustled out.

One day I was herded in front of a group of fifty people while Mooji was holding court. It was so inappropriate. And I tried to explain what was happening. But he just started talking and everyone started giggling, and it immediately struck me "Wow, he's just playing to the crowd".

And then I chose to push that feeling away. If you've been there, or if you're still there, then you know how the grouptalk allows you write off what I'm saying.

"If you're in your mind, he won't see you"
"He wants your 'A' questions not your 'B' and 'C' questions"
"You're projecting"
"He gave you what you needed in that moment"

And any number of little slogans that you've been conditioned to believe that allow this sort of behavior to be justified. But it wasn't. I pushed away that thought of him playing to the crowd, because there was no one there who would allow that idea.

But it's exactly what he was doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2018 04:44AM by happytown.

Posted by: Blacksmith12 ()
Date: June 19, 2018 09:30AM

Mooji is a questionable "guru", along with anyone else endorsed by Papaji (Andrew Cohen, Gangaji, etc.) - basically the whole neo-Advaita movement.

“One of the tragedies of Papaji’s teaching ministry is that he either told, inferred, or allowed hundreds of individuals to believe they were fully enlightened simply because they’d had one, or many, powerful experiences of awakening. These “enlightened” teachers then proceeded to enlighten their own students in a similar way, and thus was born what is known as the “neo-Advaita“, or “satsang” movement in western culture.”

– Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path.

The quality and clarity of the information he imparts is sometimes questionable. And when he's not sure about something, he often cracks a joke and redirects attention to another topic. Either he is not spiritually enlightened, or he’s a poor teacher. The information he shares may not (always) be wrong, but is it useful? While he’s (mostly) harmless, his satsangs are a waste of time.

Posted by: xivoparig ()
Date: August 10, 2018 06:26PM

This account may be deleted but I am posting anonymously to help others and for fear of being found. Mooji is a straight up conman in the worst sense praying on the desperate and vulnerable. He is a rapist and everybody has to be warned. This happened over a year ago over the span of 2-3 months or so. I don't want to post much more than that as his may be reading.

I was having a rough time with money and having a home and I ended up at a Mooji talk in London. At this point in your life, anything free is a blessing. I wasn't the only one in this situation, there were a few of us that were given food, shelter and in exchange for an 'open mind'. I was thankful for this - much better than the streets and you don't mind filling the time with hearing someone speak. We went along to hear him talk to the masses and it was quite inspirational and this went on for a while with us 'following him'... well there is nothing like a free lunch.

I started seeing some females who I met in similar situations as me who would have 'private talks' with Mooji and come out of rooms looking detached and something bubbling below. I had a friend, let's call her 'Sarah'. Whenever I asked Sarah what happened, she would put on a fake smile and spout that life is beautiful we have to believe. This wasn't the real them and it bugged me that something wasn't right. Mooji never really invited me privately in but his crew spoke to me a lot about 'giving myself' to them whatever that meant, submitting for the higher good and belief. It was wishy washy to pinpoint what I was supposed to believe but the sheer force of belief coming from the crew made me didn't want to question this for fear of being thrown out on the streets. I felt like I had to contribute something but I didn't know. Work? Giving out leaflets? Not sure.

So far, there was a positive focus and sense of wellbeing but for what price?

This happened one day a while into my stint with them. I had to sleep when I could being with so many others so I found a quiet corner behind some bags in a venue. I curled up and was trying to drift off amongst the people coming in and out setting up. I couldn't fall asleep so I was lying there trying to relax. I finally sat up and I could see mooji and one of his crew members who I always saw float around mooji and not say much (I didn't even recall hearing his voice) talking to each other. They had their backs to me and i felt a bit strange as nobody else was around and they couldn't see me. I heard them talking about 'Sarah'. Mooji was asking top crew guy if 'sarah' was ready to give herself. ' The crew guy was saying how 'i've been working on her, she'll be *sleeping* with you within the week'.
I was shocked at the frankness of this abuse and it made sense from sarah's detached personality. She was being forcd to prostitute herself to mooji!
Mooji was asking about some others and what they are 'contributing' and the crew guy was talking about them giving money (some followers had money and were not sleeping on the street).

I sat back down behind the bags and lied down quietly as I could sweating if they found me, they would not only kick me out but silence me.

I had to leave and I knew I wouldn't have long with Sarah. I was ready to go and I had to plan my exit so I chose my moment to speak to her about what I heard. She called me a liar and how I didn't believe enough. She was on the verge of tears and her words didn't match how she felt with this conflicting information I was telling her. She was too far gone. I left straight away and I never found out what happened to her. If you're reading sarah or if you ARE a 'sarah' then I urge you to trust your instincts and not fall into the mooji trap. He's preying on the weak with having to believe in something. Don't give him money, don't give him your body. He is using a positive persona and behind this is a twisted evil man. I'm now doing ok, I have a job, a home. There is a way out of this cult.

Date: August 10, 2018 09:19PM

Dear xivoparig

You are very fortunate that you heard what you say you heard.

If at any point you receive abusive or dodgy private messages, please send copies to Rick Ross, moderator of this message board.

Mr. Ross can be contacted here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Some may come across pretending to work on an expose of Mooji trying to get you
to give your name and address.

If anyone claims to be a journalist or police investigator, take precautions to ensure
that the person is legitimate.

Find out whether that person is a seasoned journalist linked up and supported by a media outlet with a good legal department. A freelance journalist may not have the resources to protect your anonymity.

Your friend Sarah is in a difficult situation.

It is awful to recognize one has been used.

Am sorry to say that for many, the one way to break the spell is discovering that others are being treated exactly the same way. That they too have been told that they are special, unique, that they are the only ones worthy of special attention.

That is how most abusers are exposed - when their victims assemble and compare stories.

In selecting confidantes, be careful of anyone who might be a guru sympathizer.

If a potential confidante happens to be someone who does yoga or meditation or has buddhist affiliations, satisfy yourself that he or she does not also belong to a guru.

(In tibetan buddhism, gurus are also called tulkus lamas and rinpoches)

One may be a guru disciple and experience oneself as capable of journalistic objectivity in relation to guru abuses, but IMO, emotional dependence on a guru is a form of intoxication that can subvert the best education and sharpest intellect and professional ethics.

Guru disciples who interact with the outside world often become skilled at concealing the extent of their guru addiction behind facades of skepticism and intellectual tolerance, rather like heroin addicts who take care to hide the scars on their arms and drunkards who conceal the stench by using mouth wash.

Even if it is not their own guru who is exposed,
those who are addicted to gurus or who hope a real guru does exist somewhere will automatically feel threatened toward anyone attempting to report guru abuses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 09:36PM by corboy.

Date: August 11, 2018 05:26PM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear xivoparig
>
> You are very fortunate that you heard what you say
> you heard.
>
> If at any point you receive abusive or dodgy
> private messages, please send copies to Rick Ross,
> moderator of this message board.
>
> Mr. Ross can be contacted here:
>
> [forum.culteducation.com]
>
> Some may come across pretending to work on an
> expose of Mooji trying to get you
> to give your name and address.
>
> If anyone claims to be a journalist or police
> investigator, take precautions to ensure
> that the person is legitimate.
>
> Find out whether that person is a seasoned
> journalist linked up and supported by a media
> outlet with a good legal department. A freelance
> journalist may not have the resources to protect
> your anonymity.
>
> Your friend Sarah is in a difficult situation.
>
> It is awful to recognize one has been used.
>
> Am sorry to say that for many, the one way to
> break the spell is discovering that others are
> being treated exactly the same way. That they too
> have been told that they are special, unique, that
> they are the only ones worthy of special
> attention.
>
> That is how most abusers are exposed - when their
> victims assemble and compare stories.
>
> In selecting confidantes, be careful of anyone who
> might be a guru sympathizer.
>
> If a potential confidante happens to be someone
> who does yoga or meditation or has buddhist
> affiliations, satisfy yourself that he or she does
> not also belong to a guru.
>
> (In tibetan buddhism, gurus are also called tulkus
> lamas and rinpoches)
>
> One may be a guru disciple and experience oneself
> f as capable of journalistic objectivity in
> relation to guru abuses, but IMO, emotional
> dependence on a guru is a form of intoxication
> that can subvert the best education and sharpest
> intellect and professional ethics.
>
> Guru disciples who interact with the outside world
> often become skilled at concealing the extent of
> their guru addiction behind facades of skepticism
> and intellectual tolerance, rather like heroin
> addicts who take care to hide the scars on their
> arms and drunkards who conceal the stench by using
> mouth wash.
>
> Even if it is not their own guru who is exposed,
> those who are addicted to gurus or who hope a real
> guru does exist somewhere will automatically feel
> threatened toward anyone attempting to report guru
> abuses.

Thank you corboy. That is good good advice for everyone.
I am trusting no-one. Not even you. I do not want to be interviewed and I recognize the danger in speaking about what happened. The whole Mooji cult works on followers deflecting and entrapment. The constant repetitiveness of tasks, chants that make the cult a part of your daily life. I saw this starting to happen to me. I saw lots of potential people in this position, giving their money and bodies away to this cult. This is the first place that came up on search so I posted. I want Mooji exposed and I am hoping this gets publicized and the press jumps on him. I know that if Sarah or others search the internet this post will come up and they can read and reflect on themselves how to get out before they are in too deep. My message to Mooji and any other cult that IS your life is don't be blinded and lead on with 'belief'.

Date: August 11, 2018 09:32PM

If you ever feel safe in mentioning any of this, it might be
good to mention if 'free lunch' followers are given an adequate diet, get enough sleep, whether free lunch followers can easily talk with friends and family, whether they are free to come and go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 09:35PM by corboy.

Date: August 12, 2018 03:06AM

Well I had to sleep where I could which is what led me to find out this! We were kept 'busy. What I can remember is some people didn't have any real names. They had new names, identities and personas and leave the material world to find true happiness. In a nutshell this did mean cutting yourself off from people. There was a sense of freedom and movement ..but it wasn't real freedom. It is hard to explain as there is a trance like state everyone was in. I wasn't fully integrated but I was being beckoned into the group more and more as time went on. If I was there for longer I'm not sure how cut off I would be and how deep it got. I was one of the group that was very new and kept my guard up more than others so mooji's followers didn't talk to me as much as they talked to others who after formed a strange bond that shunned us new blood out. From general chit chat those very close to mooji people didn't want to talk about their 'old lives' or personas because it 'wasn't important' when I approached them. They seemed like they had nobody but the golden path of this trickster mooji. Maybe they were too far brainwashed. There were different levels of people. Those who were deep into it were closes to mooji and they had no life before meeting him and the new blood were all being reeled in and slowly transformed. It was a false sense of trust. It's terrifying to think about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 03:08AM by xivoparig.

Posted by: NSH999 ()
Date: August 12, 2018 03:16AM

I wanted to add to this discussion with a few thoughts. I am trained in psychology, computer programming, and the arts. I have watched several hundred hours of Mooji videos since 2008. I had one interaction with Mooji in the form of a letter that he answered on live broadcast around 2015, a very unsatisfying answer to me thanking him for freedom. It was a major let-down to see that he did not really care about the things I was telling him. I expected he would have responded very differently based on the kind of teacher I thought he was. I was not looking for something special, just a real human authenticity, like the kind shared between friends.

I think Mooji started with good intentions but has become corrupted by the fame, power, access to vulnerable people, and access to money.

His videos from 2008-2012 have a very different character and message. Back then he focused exclusively on the non-doul inquiry and asking profound questions like "can the seer be seen". His message had a very clean-and-free feel to it, no signs of corruption. Having dealt with a cult directly before learning about mooji, I tested his message and it rang true and allowed me to heal from some damage.

From my understanding he did not have a sanga back then but traveled from convention to convention and gave talks. His early talks were marvelous and had a rich authenticity, happiness and hope in them.

I felt that sometime between 2012 and 2014 he had his first fall from grace. It happened when the satsang gatherings started getting very large. His message become less powerful, his directions for seekers seemed to become deluded, and he started to look down on others more. He became offended in videos and started to ridicule people, if only in a passive aggressive style.

I would like to contrast this to the old videos of Papaji online who I believe to be an authentic teacher in his time. He was humble, did not perform for the camera and never knew his videos would be on youtube for the world to see. There is something simple, and quaint about a happy man sharing his wisdom with others (in the Papaji videos). He does not perform like a professional, often having real mis-understandings and confusions on camera.

I would frequently get frustrated with Moojis' message in 2013-2014 and would go on to watch many hours of Papaji and compare their ideas, teachings, style, and pointing effectiveness. I started to feel that Mooji was leading people on and creating a scene rather than pointing to the truth. I started to distance myself from him, but I did question myself wondering, if I was 'projecting' my own faults onto the guru, as had been explained by him many times.

His new messages started to say very different things from his original pre-2010 sayings. He developed spiritual materialism as some have pointed out. Specifically he says that 'people should feel something special from you, when you enter the room'

I believe he started saying this as a manipulative tactic to create a confirmation bias in weak minds. When they interact with people and they feel that 'regular people' can 'feel something special from them' it means they have met the abstract goal and are on the right path. But this 'feeling' can come and go at the drop of a hat, change of weather etc.

Based on other teachers and my own experience it is not necessary or desirable to seek outer confirmation of ones inner peace and contentedness. People may never notice a truly enlightened mind, and that other people are always free to think what they want forces followers to be overly self critical of themselves in relations with others. This ruins their confidence and creates a self-doubt and an overtly self-centered mindset "Am I glowing with the light of awareness yet?" This process is causing the individual to retreat into personal imaginary perceptions rather than real seeing of the freedom in life. Mooji says you are the awareness, you should glow for the others, causing people to put pressure on themselves to solve an unsolvable problem: you cannot control the views of others no matter how high your aspiration and vibration.

There used to be a message of freedom, but this spiritual materialism of places having special power, people having special power is not non-duality but a very old and tired form of myth and mysticism.

Things finally hit the fan when I encountered two great non-doul teachers with very different approaches: Paul Hedderman, and Tony Parsons. Both are strange people in their own right (not everyone likes them either), but they do non-dual teachings without leading a cult behind them. They openly criticize and speak against the style of Sanga that Mooji has created.

This brings me to my main thesis:

Mooji Sanga is Moojis personal cult and retirement plan. He created it from scratch as a means of securing a comfortable life for himself. It seems to have taken a turn for the worse, as some of his videos started to remind me of the film Fight Club when the original gang started recruiting more followers until everyone is blindly following an authority system they do not understand or take accountability for.

Finally, in 2016 I stopped watching Mooji after seeing him allowing people to worship him. after seeing a crowd of people reaching out to touch is garments, people falling at his feet and carrying on, I knew things were really done. This was not freedom but a cultural movement, a cult of sorts.

Most informal videos from 2016 and beyond show Mooji surrounded by mostly attractive looking European females who all look like they wash with the same soap and use the same hair products. When a whole group of different people look like they smell the same, you know something is up.

It was when I started noticing this female thing and that his messages were becoming increasingly distorted and changed from freedom to actually entrapping. He used to say "you don't need to know anything" and now he was saying that "you must know that it is true" and "you don't want it enough yet" and a whole mixed bag of negative affirmations. I could see in his videos that he was saying things to program specific females and to get them to think in certain ways.

I feel a little sorry for him, and that I don't think this is what he wanted. But I also hold him accountable, because this is not the truth he originally spoke of nor the freedom, nor the peace, nor the authenticity that he once had.

Instead of preaching the good news, he preaches an entrapping method of becoming confused with ones identity. He tells people they are something that they are not, and then asks them to demonstrate to him that they are what they are not. Nothingness and Consciousness and The Way may be real experiences, but they are not required by any means to live a happy life in harmony with ones surroundings. Instead of just pointing to basic fundamentals, he now leads people on a goose chase that only ends when they choose to give it up.

In summation, I am very sorry to be writing this, as I once admired the man. But now I feel it is time to discuss why so many people are seeing that Mooji has lost his touch and is probably doing more harm than good.

Date: August 12, 2018 03:38AM

Friends, let us keep an eye on the view numbers for the Mooji thread.

It may be interesting.

At this moment 12:35 PM Pacific Standard Time view count on this thread is

Current Page: 9 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.