Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 19, 2010 10:27PM

Disclaimer: What follows is a JOKE.

A JOKE....a satire. Corboy is inviting you to laugh at the BK salvation narrative.

Corboy is not actualy advising anyone to go to New York and court bedbug infestation.

Am posting this just in case a few folks out there would actually take any of this literally.

Bedbugs, if taken home, can be expensive to eradicate and some people have reported life threatending allergic reactions when bitten repeatedly long enough.

You can read a real life story here.

(Rated R for graphic description of a desperate situation and for crude language. The authored suffered the torments of hell.)

[www.craigslist.org]

Now...for some satire----The Anti-Cult Cult Comedy Intermezzo------------

Get Bitten by the Enlightenment Bug in New York City

Yes folks.

If one cockroach crawling over Byron Katie's foot could trigger her spontaneous release from suffering, and lead to a spirituality empire on which the sun never sets...baby, New York City is about to become Enlightenment Capital of the World.

There are bedbug outbreaks happening all over town.

EXPOSE YOURSELF TO CREEPY CRAWLY ENLIGHTENMENT TRIGGERS..while doing
all the stuff you prefer to do.

Go there now. You might even get bitten by enlightenment while on the plane.

No need to go listen to a guru, whether its Byron Katie or anyone else.

Just go check into a hotel. Visit the parts of town you've always been curious about. Go to the movies.

[www.nydailynews.com]

from the Daily NewsAbout This Topic

Times Square theater reopens after bedbug battle
Posted on 08/18/2010 10:10:00 PM

A Times Square movie theater reopened Wednesday after exterminators battled bedbugs, and officials confirmed another Manhattan cinema had been hit.

Bedbugs found city's legal department offices in Brooklyn
Posted on 08/17/2010 08:55:00 PM

Inspectors fumigated the Brooklyn offices of the city's corporation counsel Tuesday night after a bedbug-sniffing dog discovered the nasty pests among some files.

Get second opinion on bedbug infestation, warns whistleblower
Posted on 08/16/2010 05:30:00 PM

Do you really have bedbugs? Better get a second opinion, says a former Bronx cop-turned-exterminator who is blowing the whistle on some less reputable members of his trade.

Bedbug City: 1 in 10 New Yorkers has grappled with bedbugs in their home
Posted on 08/15/2010 09:00:00 PM

A new Daily News-Marist poll suggests that The City That Never Sleeps is probably too busy itching: One in 10 New Yorkers has now battled bedbugs in their home.

Brooklyn District Attorney's office infested with bed bugs
Posted on 08/13/2010 03:31:44 PM

The halls of justice in Brooklyn are gonna need a little fumigating. Bed bugs have infested the Brooklyn District Attorney's office, forcing the borough's top law man to call in some help from a higher authority -the exterminator.

Bergdorf Goodman has gone to the dogs - store brings in beagle to head off bedbugs
Posted on 08/13/2010 01:14:16 AM

Even luxury retailer Bergdorf Goodman wants to make sure the bedbugs don't bite.

City bites back against bedbugs with new info system
Posted on 07/27/2010 06:50:00 PM

New Yorkers plagued by bedbugs will finally be able to get information and advice from a single city source under a new plan to be unveiled Wednesday.

Blood-sucking bedbugs are multiplying, showing up across the nation
Posted on 07/27/2010 03:57:57 PM

Sleep tight, if you dare! Biting bedbugs are multiplying by leaps and bounds, and they can invade your home via a suitcase, purse or backpack.

Victoria's real Secret? Bedbugs
Posted on 07/16/2010 07:45:00 PM

The creepy bloodsuckers shut down a Victoria's Secret shop in Lenox Hill for a few hours Wednesday, the lingerie giant confirmed yesterday.

Lone bedbug sends Kings County Hospital ER into fumigation lockdown
Posted on 07/13/2010 02:10:14 AM

Kings County Hospital officials were forced to shut down and fumigate part of the emergency room Monday after finding a single bedbug, authorities said.

Dinner and a movie: Experts say bedbugs like to nestle in theater seats
Posted on 07/04/2010 08:15:00 PM

Experts warned Sunday that cushy theater seats pose a far bigger bedbug threat than racks in clothing stores - despite last week's news of bedbug infestations at two Manhattan shops.

More Bedbugs Articles from the Daily NewsRelated Articles from around the WebBedbugs take bite out of Big Apple
Posted on 8/1/2010 4:10:17 AM

The city that never sleeps? Tell that to New York's bedbugs. The tiny blood suckers specialize in feeding off sleeping bodies and this summer in...

Man cited for harassing in express lane
Posted on 8/19/2010 8:41:07 AM

A man who berated a woman who had more than 10 items in the express lane of a Saukville grocery store has been given a disorderly conduct ...

Bedbugs infest NYC theaters
Posted on 8/19/2010 8:40:47 AM

NEW -- Bedbugs have attacked a popular movie theater in Times Square as New York battles the persistent pests.. . The AMC Empire 25 in Times Square ...

New York to spend big to kill bloodsucking guests
Posted on 8/3/2010 10:18:29 PM

NEW YORK (Reuters) - In the city that never sleeps there is one increasingly busy nocturnal resident who New York wants to evict -- the bedbug.The...

Officials meet in Ohio to nix state's bedbugs
Posted on 8/19/2010 7:44:13 AM

Ohio health officials have met with federal agencies to try to nix the state's bedbug infestation.. . Ohio Department of Health spokeswoman ...

38 killed in India truck crash
Posted on 8/19/2010 5:15:51 AM

A road accident in northern India has left 38 people dead and 37 others injured after a truck crowded with people returning from a party swerved ...

Pesticide ban boon to bedbugs
Posted on 8/19/2010 3:52:09 AM

If you follow the news even lightly, you'll know that bedbugs -- flat-bodied bloodsuckers that can hide in all kinds of small crevices and live up ...

Bed Bugs Invade Downtown Apt. High-Rise
Posted on 8/19/2010 12:18:34 AM

Bed bugs are invading a luxurious downtown Detroit apartment building, eating away at the lives of residents.. . The Riverfront Towers in Detroit ...

Bed bugs invade New York theatre
Posted on 8/18/2010 8:05:16 PM

Bedbugs have invaded a popular movie theatre in Times Square as New York battles the persistent pests.. . The AMC Empire 25 in Times Square was ...

Bedbugs in Flight (1 Letter)
Posted on 8/17/2010 1:19:41 AM

Re "This Bedbug's Life," by May Berenbaum (Op-Ed, Aug. 8): . . I recently flew back to Los Angeles from Washington, D.C., business class on United ...

-------
(Disclaimer)

These 'Dedications' reflect Corboy's private opinion and do not reflect the official policy of Ross Insitute, the RR.com message board or its owner/moderator. These are just Corboy's opinion)

Todays Anti-Cult Cult Comedy Intermezzo is dedicated to"

All persons whether individual or corporations who call this message board as an 'anti-cult cult', but who seemwilling to read the information provided on this board and website while this board's moderator continues to do all the heavy lifting fending off trolls and keeping the First Amendment alive.

All these efforts at troll control keep this forum worth visiting yet earn it the reputation of the anti cult cult. Sorry folks. This place is here for people to get educated for free, not to make a profit. Registration is free and no one has to register or read anything here if they do not want to. This isnt a cult.

Also dedicated to those who dont want to give sanctuary to people harmed by gurus and dont want the extra work of running or moderating a comments section on their own websites or blogs but are apparently happy enough to start up their own New Age businesses when the stuff on this board has led many to get disillusioned with Guru #1 and yet stil want to find another better guru elsewhere and thus are ripe for induction into yet another set up that has not yet been discussed here because no harm reports are available....yet.

--Dont let the bedbugs bit...unless you wanna get enlightened.

Hey, she wasnt even bitten by that cockroach.

If you get bitten by one or more bedbugs, baby, your enlightenment may be at a higher level.

You might even be invited to an intimate candlelight supper over at Ken Wilber's Integral Clubhouse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 24, 2010 11:04PM

Someone on another discussion, wrote

Just because I think or feel something doesnt make it real or true.

It is so common for someone to say, 'But I experienced this' when trying to prove some guru or workshop was the real thing.

Experience, even when intensely felt, does not always mean something exists or is true.

Example:

I had flu followed by double pneumonia some years ago.

According to what I experienced, I was freezing my ass off. Felt so cold my bones felt like ice. I was shivering violently and rolling up in blankets and felt cold, cold, cold.

But when I used a clinical thermometer to take my tempeture, I was actually by that termometer at a body temperature of 104 plus degrees Farenheight--as in I was in a high fever, and though I experienced myself as cold and needing warmth, my body was actually blazing hot and needed to cool down!

Later, I read that the hypothalamus portion of the brain can be confused by chemicals released by the body's efforts to fight fever. Cytokines can confuse the hypothalamus and we can experience ourselves as freezing cold when we are actually running high fevers and are hot.

So that by itself demonstrates that personal experience, no matter how intense, does not by itself prove that something is 'real'.

When someone says, 'That was my experience' that can be a guru induced fever.

Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: August 25, 2010 12:42AM

Interesting review on Amazon by Stephen Mitchell for Cry in the desert and Losing the moon:

Well-intentioned but inaccurate, August 28, 2009
By Stephen Mitchell
This book was written with the best of intentions, by a writer with a touching sense of devotion to Katie. But as an account of Katie's experience and insight, it is inaccurate, and many of the details about Katie's life are simply wrong. In addition, all quotes from Katie are questionable. When I pointed out a number of these passages to Katie in 2000, she agree to discontinue publication. (I should also say that Christin Weber, with a humility and acquiescence that is very rare among writers, agreed to this, and told Katie that she wanted whatever would best serve her and The Work.)I invite those who are interested in Katie's life and thought to read her book "A Thousand Names for Joy," and to keep in touch with her through her blog and website, [...], and through Twitter.
Stephen Mitchell

He says that many of the details about Katie's life were simply wrong. So was she lying about them all those years when she was promoting her books??? What a way to promote your own books!

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and she published her own "lies"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 25, 2010 01:46AM

In fact, those books were self-published by Byron Katie, and edited and owned by Byron Katie.
The facts are in this thread, and in the books, lets dig them up.
In fact, Byron Katie went over EVERY WORD and SENTENCE in that book, that is shown earlier in this thread. It might even be mentioned in the book itself.

So its more brazen lies.
Lies about lies.
They are trying to call Christin Lore Weber a liar.

Who is the one telling systematic organized lies to make money? It makes your skin crawl.

There was a book out called People Of The Lie. [www.amazon.com]

Date: August 25, 2010 09:58PM

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 26, 2010 09:11PM

Six degrees of separation...... the Willem de Ridder who co-founded Suck magazine is the same who interviewed and introduced Byron Katie to the wider public in Amsterdam while she was still honing her guru schtick.

Very likely he was instrumental in bringing together BK and Janaki also, to Janaki's detriment as a subsequent ill-paid PR, manager and all-round dogsbody.

De Ridder was involved with est and had his own product 'Spiegelogie' a sort of mirroring technique that I believe he still promotes.

Date: August 27, 2010 12:18AM

A URL for a top notch article that though it mostly refers to Oprah, applies to the topic of this thread as well.

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Re: Byron Katie (the Work Foundation)
Date: August 27, 2010 04:32AM

Its almost unbelievable they can get away with such brazen lying and distortion.

The book A Cry In The Desert was self-published, edited, and promoted by Byron Katie, through her company.
Publisher: The Work Foundation Inc. (1996)

So they try to push the published lies off onto Christin Lore Weber, as they know she is probably not going to say anything. It would be interesting to see what Christin has to say about this, as she appears to have not mentioned Byron Katie since.
One has to wonder about that alleged "humility and acquiescence" of Christin Lore Weber, and the terms of that gag-order!

Product Details

* Paperback: 214 pages
* Publisher: The Work Foundation Inc. (1996)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 1890246026
* ISBN-13: 978-1890246020
* Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 04:34AM by The Anticult.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work Foundation)
Date: August 27, 2010 04:36AM

anyone can search Google for:

pdf "a cry in the desert" "byron katie"

Date: August 27, 2010 10:02PM

TAC wrote:

Its almost unbelievable they can get away with such brazen lying and distortion

Believe it. I used to be a dead serious self effacing, self sacrificial Catholic aspirant.

Back in the days when I was in the Catholic Left, I actually wanted (kid you not) to be a martyr. My role models were people like the Berrigans and Archbishop Oscar Romero.

And this put a nice big 'Kick Me' sign on my butt. We were not supposed to 'judge' anyone. The group I was in was repeatedly targeted by more (shall we say) enterprising types who did NOT share our good faith but were out for themselves. types.

A person like this is putty in the hands of someone who is out to make a career and sees people not as beautiful souls but as units for use and disposal when no longer useful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.