Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: April 22, 2011 06:30AM

Dave
During a chat I had with him he mentioned that he had all this money in savings bonds

Ahhh it's all becoming clearer now, David. Now we know why you were so willing to accommodate Peter.

Dave
I said at the time that it was a bit disappointing to me that he had so much because usually if people have more than a couple of thousand dollars they just don't have what it takes to go through with parting with it. And sure enough, he did not.

Give me all your money Peter, go on I dare ya, prove me wrong!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 22, 2011 08:20PM

'Give me all your money Peter, go on I dare ya, prove me wrong!!!!'

A straightforward appeal to ego---but Davejc miscalculated, fuelled by his greed which must have lit up at the thought of all those savings bonds just waiting to be donated to the greater glory of god/swell the McKay retirement fund.

Peter was outside of Davejc's usual target demographic so Davejc, blinded by greed, failed to notice that he was outside of his league really.

The biter bit.
I just love it when that happens, there is a real feeling of authentic 'rightness' to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 08:21PM by Stoic.

Date: April 22, 2011 09:13PM

There had to be a reason why Dave was willing to reveal the inner secrets of the cult to a person he hadn't even personally spoken to. I'm sure he was a bit skeptical of Peter from the beginning but the minute Peter mentioned he had all this money in saving bonds Dave's greed took over and he was willing to take a few risks.

Date: April 22, 2011 09:33PM

This ''forsaking all'' which Dave demands from his victims/followers is one of his teachings which most concerns me.

It's appalling to think he could one day manipulate someone into sell everything they own including house, car etc which could equate to hundreds of thousands of pounds and then hand it all over to the ''Apostle''.

What happens 12 months down the line if this person decides they want to leave?

Surely there needs to be a contract in place?

I understand there was a situation in the past where a woman had brought a considerable sum of money into the cult after selling her house. Apparently her husband was entitled to half of the money, or something along those lines, but Dave demanded that the whole sum of money must stay in the cult. The end result was the woman having to do a runner in the middle of the night with her own money.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 22, 2011 10:37PM

'Dave demanded that the whole sum of money must stay in the cult.'

This really does tell us what is the primary concern in the heart of the Apostle, Davejc.

To paraphrase the J man, who did have a very astute and savvy way with words---- "By their priorities shall ye know them."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 10:37PM by Stoic.

Date: April 22, 2011 11:11PM

It's all about the money and that's all it's ever been about.

When McKay speaks to a potential victim/follower he doesn't see a human being with a family all be sees is dollar signs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 11:12PM by Apollo.

Date: April 23, 2011 04:56PM

That's a thoughtful comment, you made about David being bitterly jealous of his son Kevin...who went on to far better and bigger things...AND dared stand up to him in public....personal achievements that Kevin can rightly be proud of....

(Son Gary, of course, continued to accommodate his Father, kept his distance "comfortably enough" and never troubled himself to publicly warn others by criticizing his father...hence the relationship was non-antagonistic....)

Yes! I can imagine David fuming over the "dastardly just deserts" he foretold for Kevin, never in fact, transpiring....and if anything, quite the reverse!

Date: April 23, 2011 05:13PM

Why is there a ring of familiarity to the underlying issues of deceit and manipulation canvassed here?

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Date: April 23, 2011 10:36PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
That's a thoughtful comment, you made about David being bitterly jealous of his son Kevin...who went on to far better and bigger things...AND dared stand up to him in public....personal achievements that Kevin can rightly be proud of....

(Son Gary, of course, continued to accommodate his Father, kept his distance "comfortably enough" and never troubled himself to publicly warn others by criticizing his father...hence the relationship was non-antagonistic....)

Yes! I can imagine David fuming over the "dastardly just deserts" he foretold for Kevin, never in fact, transpiring....and if anything, quite the reverse!

...and Dave's pathetic attempts to rewrite history continue to this day. He so desperately wants his victims/followers to believe Kevin is a bitter and hateful person whose life has been a total disaster since leaving the cult when in actual fact the truth is the complete opposite. Kevin McKay is everything his father isn't. He is a loving father and husband with morals who has managed to build a successful and honest career for himself. His father on the other hand has built a career on lies, manipulation and deception and due to the appalling way he's treated his own family he's now no more than a bitter and lonely old man living in a grubby camper van with nothing but his beaten down consort to keep him company. I believe Dave wanted Kevin to fail, that's the type of father he is. Things haven't quite gone to plan for the old sweetie wife, however, it suits Dave's agenda to paint a different picture.

Date: April 24, 2011 11:04PM

PtolemyGlenn
your an idiot!

Charming! LOL

...and there was me thinking my dear friend Glen had sent me a Happy Easter message, oh diddums.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.