Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 18, 2011 03:20AM

There's only a few people in the whole world who have definitive and reliable information regarding the identity and history of "Bruce," and most of them have the surname, McKay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 18, 2011 04:14AM

'What are they going to say, "Okay, we believe you, ten years in jail, here you go!"'

Its only been a quite recent development that there has been international co-operation in investigating and prosecuting offences such as these.
I know that in the early nineties UK police would not consider prosecuting paedophile offences, no matter how well documented, that were committed in other countries. They would give assurances that the matter would be noted as information but could not maintain a list of suspects or investigate in any formal way.
It is only in recent years with the exposure and explosion of sex tourism and traffiking that there has been co-operation and exchange of information on an international level for these types of offences. The internet-age has also had an impact on the advent of cross-border policing and co-operation.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:33AM

[jcs.xjcs.org]

apostate
In December 1998, Bruce Clyde Steel was sentenced to a maximum of six-and-a-half years in Newcastle. Steel pleaded guilty to 15 counts of child abuse from 1976 to 1997 in NSW and India. Steel had written a detailed account of the incidents and turned himself into the police.

[www.aic.gov.au]

Thank you, apostate.

Date: January 18, 2011 05:21AM

Yes, thank you Apostate.

And good onya, Bruce, for doing the right thing. I hope you got some effective help.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:33AM

It is my hope that this extra exposure has shaken up the XJCs' hopes of a reunion with, or the redemption of, McKay or his consort, but I have serious doubts about that.

He's broken the ice with them now and will wear them down gradually, like water slowly wearing down a rock.

Nick should just ban DM (as well as all of the socks) and be done with it, once and for all.

If he does not at this juncture say NO to Dave and his mind games, then I am telling you point blank that he is making a mistake.

At least we'll probably see less of the XJC apologetics on RR now.

"I entered Dave's world a year ago believing that the anti-cult groups were the crazy ones, comparing Dave to Invasion of the Body Snatchers. But now I think of Dave that way. Why? because I really don't like him."

Jon Ronson, on Dave McKay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 06:38AM by zeuszor.

Date: January 18, 2011 10:24PM

See below article.

Just as I thought, there were more offenses.

This article states that Steel had been charged with similar offenses, so I am not sure why McKay made that comment in his letter.

But here's the bombshell: Steel molested 18 beggars in India. So much for McKay minimizing what actually occurred.

AAP General News (Australia)
12-10-1998
NSW: Man jailed for 48 child sex offences

By Jamie Tarabay

SYDNEY, Dec 10 AAP - A social worker who sexually abused young homeless beggars in India and Australian children as young as two years-old was jailed for at least three-and-a-half years today.

In sentencing in the New South Wales District Court, Judge Ian Dodd said the crimes would have been undetected had the social worker not come forward and confessed because he felt "disgusted with himself".

Bruce Clyde Steel, 43, of Newcastle pleaded guilty to 15 counts of child abuse dating from 1976 to 1997 which took place in New South Wales, including Sydney and Newcastle, as well as in India.

The judge also took into account another 33 offences which Steel also admitted to.

The Australian offences included numerous children and dated back to the mid 1970s when Steel was living in Sydney.

After settling in the Hunter Valley in the early 1980s, Steel continued to assault young
children he met through friends and at local shops.

In one instance Steel was travelling on a train from Sydney to Newcastle when a female
passenger asked him to take her two year-old son to the toilet, where he then masturbated the child.

Steel has also admitted assaulting about 18 homeless beggar boys while working for a church group as a social worker in India in late 1997.

He would spend time at a railway station in Madras where he would assault young males, often giving them money before or after the assault.

In his remarks Judge Dodd said Steel pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity and was
prepared to undergo chemical treatment during imprisonment if available.

Judge Dodd said Steel, who had previously worked for the NSW State Rail Authority for 13 years, had an "inadequate personality" and was "unable to make normal sexual, or other, relationships".

Judge Dodd also mentioned that Steel had previously spent time in detention for similar
offences.

He was sentenced to a minimum of three and a half years imprisonment and a maximum of six.

Steel is only the second person in NSW to be prosecuted under the Crimes (Child Sex
Tourism) Act, which was introduced in 1994 to combat the sexual abuse of children overseas by Australians.

He is the second person from New South Wales to be prosecuted and the first Australian
charged with offences in India under the Act.

1998 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP)

And this is the letter that Dave wrote about his, "paedophile friend" to the Newcastle Herald, which was published 19 November 1998:

Child sex confession.

From Dave McKay

AS a friend of the man charged with 15 sex offences in Newcastle District Court last Friday, I was disappointed that your report (NH 14/11/98) did not include what I consider is really the most significant aspect of this story.

As I understand it, no law enforcement agency had any interest in Bruce Steel, or knowledge of his offences, until he approached them with a nine-page confession. His confession came as a result of his Christian faith, and a desire to make right the wrongs that he has done, most of which occurred many years ago.

This is not an attempt to minimise the wrong that he has done. Certainly his willingness to put himself in prison to answer for the crimes indicates his own admission that what he did was very wrong.

But it is an attempt to put the crimes into some other perspective than the rather sensational one that usually surrounds the topic of sex in the media.

Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?

Dave McKay

Mayfield

November 18.

I guess we can now honestly state that DM is a friend to pedophiles, with no legal comeback.

My source has suggested that there were actually more offenses, but they only went with the ones they could prove.

I am particularly interested in this comment from DM. "As I understand it, no law enforcement agency had any interest in Bruce Steel..."

I am not sure if he means purely in relation to this case? David has stated on his forum that they knew Bruce was a pedophile prior to Bruce going to India and, presumably then the police knew too.

Or did they? If they didn't, why didn't they?

"Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?"

Dave McKay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 10:33PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 18, 2011 11:09PM

''Steel has also admitted assaulting about 18 homeless beggar boys while working for a church group as a social worker in India in late 1997 ''

This really makes me sick. This abuse could and should have been avoided. A religious ''group'' who work alongside vulnerable children is most certainly not an appropriate place of employment for a paedophile.

Date: January 18, 2011 11:43PM

Just more evidence that the McKay group was a dysfunctional, destructive, personality-driven religious cult long before the 1998 split. At first it was just DM and his wife and kids...

In a cult, abusive organization, abusive relationship (or dysfunctional family, for that matter) it does not matter if the information presented is true. If it is negative about the group or any member of the group, then you cannot say it.

Usually such negative information will be will be labeled as slander, and if one persists in speaking it or writing it one can be disciplined severely, ultimately with expulsion from the group, or, if one is an outsider speaking ill about or being at all critical of the group, one can be demonized, dehumanized, poked fun at, humiliated, or what have you.

Date: January 18, 2011 11:47PM

Strange that Davejc styles himself a 'friend' of the paedophile offender when there is a pious point to be publicly made above his name in the newspaper, but omits to mention that he was the leader of the organisation responsible for knowingly allowing the offender free reign to offend further.

He can't resist the publicity in any shape or form.
No mention also that Davejc, who is keen to be called a 'friend' when the chance of personal publicity is in the offing, took no action when this paedophile committed his very many offences in India and just shipped the offender back to the group he originally came from (came from with warnings from that group to Davejc of his existing predilictions), and has expended shedloads of screen space since claiming that the offences were a minor blip if they existed at all and doing his best to minimise and downplay the dangers and his responsibility for allowing them to continue.

"As I understand it, no law enforcement agency had any interest in Bruce Steel..."

"Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?"

Presumably the judge did take genuine repentance into consideration when sentencing, that is why the sentence is given as a range of time, i.e. two to twelve years--- to allow the judge to make that call.

Davejc, who of course always knows better, seems to be of the opinion that a confession should entitle a wiping clean of the slate and avoidance of punishment in paedophile cases--it certainly is not the case in any other offences.

Perhaps this is special pleading on his own behalf, that he himself should be entitled to a wiping clean of the slate if only he can manage to twist the wording of the explanation/justification in just the right way?
Special treatment for the Apostle, the special one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 11:48PM by Stoic.

Date: January 19, 2011 01:22AM

In light of all of this new information that is being introduced into our discussion of DM and his cult, how anybody in their right mind could continue to defend or apologize for the man even one centimeter, is frankly beyond me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.