Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 19, 2011 10:40PM

zeuszor
And what to do if no such documentation is produced within one months' time? What do you suggest?

That is something which we will need to discuss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 19, 2011 10:43PM

I would like to know what it is John is accused of doing. I think it's important.

Franky, do you have this information?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 19, 2011 11:06PM

Apollo
I support Franky in this.

The talking is over. It's time for some action.

Dave has to provide evidence which proves the matter has or is being dealt with.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

With respect: the time for talk was (in my opinion) over a long time ago.

This is exactly what I have been saying all along, and mostly all I have gotten for it is grief.

While most of the peanut gallery were standing around wringing their hands and fretting about what to do, I DID something about it.

And for the most part, they made fun of me and gave me s**t the whole time, even the ones who were supposedly on "our side."

In the longer run, they are acknowledging that I was right all along.

Certain people owe me an apology. And I resent it. Is that wrong?

But that's OK. Now maybe we can have some solidarity here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 11:10PM by zeuszor.

Date: January 19, 2011 11:16PM

Thank goodness you stood by your principles zeuszor. I can imagine the sort of crap you've had to put up with.

The mere mention of the word paedophile seems to get peoples back up. I've only been here a few months and have already had to put up with similar crap from people like Glen and Blackhat.

I know it's not a particularly nice subject to address but if it's there then it must be addressed. There's no point in burying your head in the sand. This is very serious.

With the support of Franky I think we may finally see some results.

Date: January 19, 2011 11:20PM

Glenn and Blackhat and the others, they've been more focused on shutting me up, than on actually doing something about the cult that goes beyond talking it to death.

But this ain't Facebook, nor some other social-networking fluff, and I am not here to win somebody's popularity contest.

Now, down to business...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 11:21PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 19, 2011 11:43PM

Paedophilia is a difficult and emotive subject that many people would prefer to ignore for a wide variety of reasons, not all of them dastardly.

However, in this instance Zeuszor has been proved right and Davejc has taken a soft and defensive line on allowing paedophiles freedom to offend while in his organisation.
That cannot be glossed over and he has a duty to notify the relevant authorities since he has knowledge of such a person--with continuing access to children-- in his group.

One way or another this matter must be properly handled by the authorities, and the relevant person to notify them is Davejc as the leader of the group at the time this came to light. He will also need to explain why he decided to withhold this information until now, on the basis that the activity does not meet his own, idiosyncratic definition of paedophilia, although it meets every legal definition.

Date: January 19, 2011 11:56PM

Stoic,

The most worrying thing for me is Dave's recent comments that he'd happily welcome another paedophile into the community.

The last one who was being 'highly supervised' was able to abuse 18 children!

If we can do anything to avoid history repeating itself then that's what we must do.

I would like to thank Franky for reporting these incidents to the authorities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 11:57PM by Apollo.

Date: January 20, 2011 12:04AM

Yes, we owe Franky a debt of gratitude.

I should state that what we have been doing (and are trying to do) must be hard on Kevin, the McKays' firstborn, and I am not insensitive to that.

Everything that we do to try and undermine the cult, undermines Kevin's ability to reconcile with his father, and to communicate and have a relationship with his mother.

In all honesty, I think that is is very much unrealistic for him to expect that he will ever have any type of "normal" relationship with either his parents, if only he somehow reasons with them effectively enough.

Experience and history has shown that that will simply never happen. One may as well try and reason with a rock.

I guess with Kevin too, blood is still thicker than water. Dave and Cherry are still Mom and Dad. It's a sad situation, and I feel bad for him, I really do.

But I am not going to stop working against the cult, regardless.

I know of a very good therapist who actually specializes in working with the children of cult leaders, will introduce Kevin if he so wishes, and will pay for his travel expenses if he wishes to meet with this person at any point in the future, just as I am willing to pay for the travel expenses of any bona fide ex-member of the JC cult who wishes to enter into specialized therapy for survivors of abusive and controlling groups.

Date: January 20, 2011 01:00AM

I think that's very kind of you zeuszor. Hopefully Kevin or any other ex member takes you up on that offer.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 20, 2011 02:28AM

'The most worrying thing for me is Dave's recent comments that he'd happily welcome another paedophile into the community.'

I think Davejc's attitude on this clearly shows how very wide of the mark his judgement of the situation is.

His group has no policy on protecting children and no education or training in how to guard against the risk of abuse happening---standard procedure now for any organisation that has even passing access to children. Most employees who have contact with children in the course of their work are required also to undergo criminal records checks as a condition of employment.
Davejc states that he is happy to welcome yet another paedophile into his group while attempting to minimise the appalling result of his previous experiment with a paedophile---at least 18 children abused on his watch.

I don't think Davejc and his faulty judgement of what constitutes abuse can be trusted to ensure that the current member, graduate or not, is properly dealt with by the relevant authorities and prevented from being in a risky situation with a vulnerable child in the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.