Current Page: 62 of 821
Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: January 05, 2007 11:06PM

Dear Jesus Christians,

As you will know hundreds of people have been through the doors of the Jesus Christians over the years and at this point there are some 30 members.

I realize that the lie you hear from David is in relation to the "way" being "strait and narrow"....but given that "to a man" (and woman!) everyone who has left the Jesus Christians subsequently virulently despises David and that the only people who "like" him are those who are currently "in membership" or those who do not actually know him very well (the Quakers to whom he pretends to be a part of), don't the odds look a little against you being in any way correct in the assumption that you are ultimately "obeying" Christ by somehow being part of it all....like, I mean...dozens and dozens to one against you!!!

Oh and on another point....I see David continues to accuse others of working with me in order to plot his ultimate downfall.....for the record, there is so much "reward in heaven" awaiting whoever can topple the "spiritual darkness" of his reign, that I'm trying to keep all these "blessings" for myself at this point in time..(sorry guys!...but you've got to be fast!!).

(..and also....couldn't you at least find a new lie further to the attempts at self-aggrandizement of affected "self-matyrdom" ........
("We're so-o-o important that we're the subject of constant threats and harrassment"....when in fact it's because you're so parasitically self-serving that you are the subject of constant threats and harrassment).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gladitzover ()
Date: January 06, 2007 12:19AM

Written by Dave on the JC website:

I have noted the irony of critics of the JCs condemning Cherry and me as bad parents at the same time that they condemn Joe and other JCs as bad children. Cherry and I are not PERFECT parents, but I have seen some really shockingingly terrible parents of people who have joined our community over the years. Nevertheless, we have generally tried to teach members to show respect for their parents, to maintain communication with them (Even now Joe corresponds with his parents despite their attempt to kill one of us and to kidnap him.) We have been pleased to note that virtually all members have eventually been able to restore good relations with their parents.

But I have to note that because there is so little accountability on the part of the average parent, the role of parents is often abused cruelly. Thankfully, for many it is just a transitional thing as they adjust to not being able to call all the shots anymore. That's the adolescent thing that is hard on parents as well as young people.

Nevertheless, Nick's decision to go public in spreading lies about myself, and Kate's disowning of Ash amidst a waterfall of tears for herself do represent some of the classic abuses that we see from parents. Certainly if Cherry and I ever even hinted at the kind of irrational histrionics that abound in their letters, we would be mobbed by critics. It is quite unfair and unloving for parents to childishly demand that their children only recognise their feelings and rights while they themselves ignore the feelings and rights of their children.

Kate's pretence that their door is always open at the same time that she instructs Ash to "mail" the key back to them reveals the double-think that goes on in parents who are trying to dominate their grown children through disownment. When parents start demanding that grown children give in to all of their demands before they will be allowed to come into the house, then it's a good time to call their bluff and hand back the key... or, in Ash's case, to mail it back.

This was written concerning a disagreement between a member and his family. Dave has posted, what looks to me like personal correspsondence from the member's mother and step-father on the JC forum. Apparently, this "abusive" mother was so outrageous that she actually asked to meet with her son without Dave being present. From what I can gather, the step-father also declined to go along with some plan that Dave presented him with. Hmmm....well most of us here no where that wil lead him.

Serioulsy though, I hope that these parents will hang on to hope of being reunited with their son. It's important that the bridges remain intact. Despite all Dave's attempts to get them burned down. That will call for the type of patience and commitment from parent's that Dave would call "abusive".[/quote]

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: January 06, 2007 03:23AM

Hi Gladitzover,

Yes, Dave hates the parents of those he recruits because they represent a challenge to him and also a threat.

He wants to control and manipulate them. He feels very threatened that any access he allows will result in the recruit leaving the group.

Those he feels most threatened by, he attacks the most. Verbal attacks where he labels family members as írrational or histrionic are just an indicator of his fear. Cowardly.

I have read many comments about bad parents but NONE thst label any JC members as bad children. Lies.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: January 06, 2007 06:57AM

David McKay teaches children to dishonor their parents. He sows division in families by lying to children that their parents do not really love them. He works to blind children to the sacrifices parents have made to help children meet their goals before Dave came along. His latest recruit Joseph is a classic example of such a tactic. Dave teaches Joseph that his parents are selfish while ignoring the sacrifices they must have made in their own lives to provide excellent education to him. Not a cheap thing in USA. Joseph now suppresses such knowledge in order to fit into the cult. Now Joseph sides with a cult who through manipulation and deceit brought about the anger of Joe's family. But that is how David and his followers work... they anger people by lies and manipulation and then use the response that generates to make themselves appear righteous.

David McKay dishonors his own parents and family by publicly slandering them on his website.

Jesus called people like David McKay a Pharisee practicing the religious scam "Corban".

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: January 06, 2007 07:06AM

apostate
David McKay teaches children to dishonor their parents. He sows division in families by lying to children that their parents do not really love them. He works to blind children to the sacrifices parents have made to help children meet their goals before Dave came along. His latest recruit Joseph is a classic example of such a tactic. Dave teaches Joseph that his parents are selfish while ignoring the sacrifices they must have made in their own lives to provide excellent education to him. Not a cheap thing in USA. Joseph now suppresses such knowledge in order to fit into the cult. Now Joseph sides with a cult who through manipulation and deceit brought about the anger of Joe's family. But that is how David and his followers work... they anger people by lies and manipulation and then use the response that generates to make themselves appear righteous.

David McKay dishonors his own parents and family by publicly slandering them on his website.

Jesus called people like David McKay a Pharisee practicing the religious scam "Corban".

Excellent point Apostate, and one that needs to be heard by judges involved in the forthcoming trial involving the JC´s and Joe´s family. Ex members of the JC´s have an insight into this group that others do not share. Dave will twist these words on his site and claim the RR posters are trying to justify violence, which is unbtrue. If justice is to be served, the judges need to know the mitigating factors.

Posted by: cultmalleus ()
Date: January 06, 2007 08:30AM

I think it is important to note that all I did in the phone call, was calmly and patiently ask for Dave to be present at a meeting about this website and other concerns
wrote Ashwyn

How many ex members have memories of Dave interfering with family relationships? How many ex members have memories of being "shepherded" and not allowed to visit family and friends except with a "brother"? How many ex members have memories of having to lie and decieve in order to "cover" the fact of being forced to bring along someone when visiting a relative? The quote from Ash has Dave's manipulations written all over it in big greasy marks.

This is how "confident" Dave is of the "truths" of his group. They are a straw house, blown away at the merest puff.

By the way, I am very busy at present (working for love and God in FREEDOM outside the group) so I may not be able to contibute much for a while. Don't worry, I am not being intimidated, if you wonder why I don't post for a while. Love to you all!

Posted by: muppet ()
Date: January 06, 2007 08:41AM

Probably every ex member is your answer!
Glad to hear you are free from intimidation cultmalleus. :)

Date: January 06, 2007 12:13PM

cultmalleus

I think it is important to note that all I did in the phone call, was calmly and patiently ask for Dave to be present at a meeting about this website and other concerns
wrote Ashwyn

How many ex members have memories of Dave interfering with family relationships? How many ex members have memories of being "shepherded" and not allowed to visit family and friends except with a "brother"? How many ex members have memories of having to lie and decieve in order to "cover" the fact of being forced to bring along someone when visiting a relative? The quote from Ash has Dave's manipulations written all over it in big greasy marks.

This is how "confident" Dave is of the "truths" of his group. They are a straw house, blown away at the merest puff.

Some info for Jarred and Shiela's defence attorney:

I recall occasions of David lying to me about my parents, especially with regard to money, and this is after they donated thousands of dollars to the community simply because I was there.

I recall the annoyance I felt that I had to take a community member with me to visit my parents and that I knew it was unneccessarily offensive to them. But I justified it all away under some biblical doctrine of Jesus' disciples travelling in pairs as we were taught by Dave.

A classic example of the control Dave exerts is seen in his own writing:

When parents start demanding that grown children give in to all of their demands before they will be allowed to come into the house, then it's a good time to call their bluff and hand back the key... or, in Ash's case, to mail it back.
SOURCE: [welikejesus.com] (6 Jan. 2007)

Ash, chooses not to see the hypocrisy in this direction from his leader. The cult leader is demanding that the actual parents of the child give in to all his demands before they can see their own child. It is emotional blackmail to the inth degree. Is it any wonder some parents may react protectively of their child in such circumstances? The events surrounding Joseph's recruitment into the Jesus Christians is definately understandable, not justfiable, but understandable; and worthy of consideration by a judge as Dave is repeating the same manipulative callous control with Ash's parents.

I have heard that in some states of America a burglar can be shot by a house owner under property protection laws, I think some thought regarding a deceptive manipulative cult coming to your door to steal away your children can be seen in a similar light... so in some ways it could be considered justifiable self defence.

Ash does not realise how strange his behavior has become seeing that he now thinks he needs protection to visit his own parents... people that raised him from birth. Ash thinks he is following God by dishonoring his parents in such a way to follow a cult leader. In time he will come to see that his behaviour is disrespectful and unloving towards those who truly do care for him. Ash does not realise yet, but he will in time, that Dave does not care for him... but in fact views him as quite hopeless and suffering from mental problems. He has said as much publicly in his latest rants.

Children born to members within the group soon become communal property with parents relinquishing parental authority to David. Children are viewed as liabilities until they can start getting out on the street distributing tracts. It is an action which comparable to child labour. I have personally had conversations with group members who viewed their child as a liability.

I recall Christine taking a two year old boy to task because he said "I am a big boy", as little kids are wont to do. For this he was given time out until he could acknowledge he was a little boy. To her it was a sign of pride, in need of smashing through discipline. If a parent objected they were seen as bad parents who did not really love their kids enough to discipline them according to Jesus Christian "spare not the rod" standards of child raising.

Christine does not know any different; it was how she was raised as she is Dave's youngest daughter. She used to get in such a burnt out mental state that she would lock herself away from others, self medicating in order to calm her nerves. A sad and pitiful sight as she seeks to please a cult leader for a dad.

Date: January 06, 2007 01:44PM

Evidence of David McKay's CONTROL of group members from his own mouth:

[b:afaa6e7f3e][i:afaa6e7f3e]This is not a holiday camp. It is an army, and we're involved in a war. There will be casualties. There will be costs. And for those who survive, there will be victories. But if anyone wants to be a part of this army, then they need to get it clear that they must obey orders.[/i:afaa6e7f3e][/b:afaa6e7f3e]
SOURCE: [jesuschristians.net] (6 jan 2007)

And like an army, it is not a democratic community. Members "must" obey orders or suffer the consequences. Ash "must" take a stranger to his parents house. Joe "must" fight against his own parents. They all "must" meet distributing quota's, both numerically and financially. It is the direct command of the cult leader.

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: January 06, 2007 01:45PM

A parent was asked to RENOUNCE a friend and a journalist, but refused this ludicrous request. The parent was immediately ostracised and denied contact with a family member in the group.

Current Page: 62 of 821

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.