Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 24, 2010 07:12AM

Here you go, Davejc, all you need to know about me:

I do have a mantra, its the one my teacher said most often to me: "Keep up"
Mule-headed, maybe, but I keep learning and never forget.

Some celtic christmas cheer as light relief (not for the tender-eared):

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 07:34AM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 24, 2010 07:44AM

Written by Cherry
Tuesday, 23 September 2008 00:00

In Defence of Paedophiles

There have been a number of attempts to incite anger against ourselves by implying that we support paedophilia. Because the issue of paedophilia is such a volatile one these days, it is one of the easiest words to use when someone is trying to incite a lynch mob. The media, both sides of the political spectrum, virtually all churches, and virtually all members of the general public range between those who want to kill paedophiles in the most painful way possible (on the right) to those who publicly and strongly denounce the practice (on the left).

To speak up in defence of the paedophiles themselves as human beings is on a par with speaking up in defence of the 9/11 perpetrators. So, with an introduction like that, we can expect that this article is going to add more fuel to the torches being carried by the lynch mobs who seek to have us destroyed.

We will say, for the record (once again) that we think paedophilia is a despicable practice and that stringent measures are urgently needed to curb the spread of this terrible curse on our society.

But, having said that, we would start by reminding people that one of the most insidious fruits of paedophilia is simply that it eventually creates paedophiles from its own victims. One can rob people without making those victims into robbers themselves. Rape victims are never going to become rapists. And only rarely will a murder victim take the life of their killer as they die; even then, there is some justice in that the crime rebounds back on the perpetrator, rather than on some other innocent person, as happens with paedophilia.

Victims of paedophilia frequently grow up to become predators themselves, preying on other innocent children. One would think that this pattern in itself would cause at least a few of the hate-mongers to question who they hope to help when they set out to vent their anger on someone who very likely was, a few years earlier, an innocent victim of child sex abuse themselves.

There is a further dilemma which seems to be unique to paedophiles. They appear to be beyond feeling guilt for their behaviour, or at least beyond self-induced rehabilitation. Despite all of the condemnation that they receive from angry mobs and vitriolic media reps (as well as a lot of other therapies), they don't seem to be capable of changing. The rehabilitation rate is virtually zero.

We could say that this makes them even more depraved and even more worthy of execution, but it makes more sense to say that something happened when they were being abused as children which is not going to change through emotional appeals or vengeful threats now.

I'm not saying that we should pat them on the head and say, "There, there! Don't be discouraged. God will forgive you for what you have done and for what you are almost certainly going to continue doing." Many churches tried that approach in the past and they are paying dearly for it today. But I am saying that we need to look more deeply than just threats of punishment.

What I would gladly campaign for is a sympathetic form of exile. We can afford to build incredibly expensive cages for criminals, so why not a community (the bigger the better) where they can move about as they please (with other paedophiles), but from which they will never be allowed contact with children? It need not be any more inhumane than the best TB sanitorium in the world. Treat paedophilia as an infectious disease, and isolate it.

And, for Christ's sake, stop hating them.

Note: If exile seems too extreme, then we challenge critics to suggest a softer, more loving approach that is going to effectively protect children.

They really are obsessed with defending paedophiles aren't they?

Here's another disturbing article written this time by Cherry ''Consort'' McKay.

It just shows what 40 odd years with Dave McKay can do to a person. Cherry also appears to have very lax views on paedophilia.

''Victims of paedophilia frequently grow up to become predators themselves''

How often is ''frequently'' exactly? Is there proof to back this up or did she just hear this from her apologist husband? It sounds like something Dave would pass off as fact to suit his own agenda. That agenda being more sympathy for the paedophile = less punishment.

''What I would gladly campaign for is a sympathetic form of exile. We can afford to build incredibly expensive cages for criminals, so why not a community (the bigger the better) where they can move about as they please (with other paedophiles), but from which they will never be allowed contact with children? It need not be any more inhumane than the best TB sanitorium in the world. Treat paedophilia as an infectious disease, and isolate it.''

This sounds like something which would encourage paedophiles to take greater risks. Why not push the boundaries that bit further if you know your only form of punishment will be living in an island community where you can move about as you please?

''And, for Christ's sake, stop hating them.''

You try telling that to the victims of paedophilia.

I find Dave and Cherry's lax views on paedophilia deeply concerning.

One thing which strikes me is how similar this article looks to quotes Dave has previously made on this particular subject, almost word for word. Anyone would think it was the same person speaking...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 08:01AM by Apollo.

Date: December 24, 2010 09:51AM

'I find Dave and Cherry's lax views on paedophilia deeply concerning.'

I find Davejc's views on paedophilia just plain wrong and clearly trotted out and repeated to distract from and justify Davejc's repeated habit of preying on young people. He may not be sexually abusing these young people but he is using every other trick in the paedophile handbook (learned from the much admired 'Moses' David Berg) to ensnare them and keep them in servitude.

I did a quick google search, on the statistics of victims who go on to be predators.

[scholar.google.co.uk]

The first three articles give the lie to Davejc's statement, I haven't read further but it is generally acknowledged these days that the vast majority of childhood victims do not go on to become predators. They do go on to have major problems with addiction, self-abuse-cutting etc and dissociative disorders. Something that all predators can spot and home in on is dissociation, it is the red flag of an easy victim to a predator.

So why is this a recurring theme of such interest to Davejc?

I think that Davejc is well aware that he is a predator, that he made a conscious choice to pursue this course and the smoke and mirrors, the confusion that he tries to place around paedophilia, is to distract attention from the self-same methods that he is using on his members.

'Anyone would think it was the same person speaking...'

Imagine 40 odd years listening to blowhard Davejc, grandiosely pontificating on everything under the sun, with a particular skew to his rhetoric of self-justifying his every whim and demand. It is the same person, the only way Cherryjc, or anyone for that matter, can survive in such an environment is to surrender herself and become a parrot for the Davejc version of the world.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 10:18AM by Stoic.

Date: December 24, 2010 10:32AM

The counter to and 'cure for' dissociation is awareness, which involves learning the skills of focus and concentration and then using them for your own safety and benefit and to charter your own course through life, free of the likes of Davejc.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 24, 2010 04:02PM

It's Christmas Eve here in Australia, and the sun is casting long shadows in the late summer light.

A time for reflection, and for remembering what Jesus came to bring. Peace, Love and Goodwill to all Mankind.

I wish all posters here on this Forum a wonderful Christmas. I also wish the same to Dave, Cherry, Kevin, and all those who have been Jesus Christian members.

Maybe the year to come can bring some kind of reconciliation, and moderation in all things....that is what I will be looking to show for my own part in the coming year.

God bless you all.

Hail to the Prince of Peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: December 24, 2010 08:56PM

Dave, do you have any news of Joe on this Christmas night?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 25, 2010 12:08AM

Blackhat:

Wouldn't it be great if Joe Johnson spent Christmas with his family?

Or at least gave them a call?

This would certainly demonstrate goodwill.

Happy holidays--

Date: December 25, 2010 12:52AM

It certainly would be wonderful if the Johnson family had their son home for Christmas.

It would also be wonderful if McKay spent his Christmas trapped in a supermarket bin.

Merry Christmas folks!!!! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2010 12:53AM by Apollo.

Date: December 25, 2010 01:36AM

Stoic
'I find Dave and Cherry's lax views on paedophilia deeply concerning.'

I find Davejc's views on paedophilia just plain wrong and clearly trotted out and repeated to distract from and justify Davejc's repeated habit of preying on young people. He may not be sexually abusing these young people but he is using every other trick in the paedophile handbook (learned from the much admired 'Moses' David Berg) to ensnare them and keep them in servitude.

Yeah you're right Stoic. There's just something very wrong about McKay's persistent defence of paedophiles.

It's almost as if he's trying to play down paedophilia in an attempt to suit his own agenda. We've yet to find evidence which would suggest he has sexually abused children but as you correctly point out he does use every other trick right out of the paedophilia handbook when grooming teenagers for his cult.

His own lax views on paedophilia have clearly been influenced by ''Moses'' David Berg.

Stoic
I did a quick google search, on the statistics of victims who go on to be predators.

[scholar.google.co.uk]

The first three articles give the lie to Davejc's statement, I haven't read further but it is generally acknowledged these days that the vast majority of childhood victims do not go on to become predators. They do go on to have major problems with addiction, self-abuse-cutting etc and dissociative disorders. Something that all predators can spot and home in on is dissociation, it is the red flag of an easy victim to a predator.

Just as i suspected, more Dave McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') propaganda.

That's now two disturbing claims McKay has attempted to pass off as fact. The first being ''Children are not forced to have sex by paedophiles'' and the second being ''Victims of paedophilia frequently grow up to become predators themselves''.

There's no substance behind these claims.

Stoic
So why is this a recurring theme of such interest to Davejc?

I think that Davejc is well aware that he is a predator, that he made a conscious choice to pursue this course and the smoke and mirrors, the confusion that he tries to place around paedophilia, is to distract attention from the self-same methods that he is using on his members.

Deny and deflect... it's the McKay way.

Stoic

'Anyone would think it was the same person speaking...'

Imagine 40 odd years listening to blowhard Davejc, grandiosely pontificating on everything under the sun, with a particular skew to his rhetoric of self-justifying his every whim and demand. It is the same person, the only way Cherryjc, or anyone for that matter, can survive in such an environment is to surrender herself and become a parrot for the Davejc version of the world.

There's no doubt Cherry is now a very damaged individual. The woman we've seen in videos appears to be broken down. It's like she's not all there, almost ''spaced'' out. She like Dave seems unable to show any kind of compassion. Even in her communications with her own son and Sheila Johnson she shows absolutely no motherly love. On one occasion she almost goads Mrs Johnson, even threatening her that she may never see her son again.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2010 01:39AM by Apollo.

Date: December 25, 2010 06:26AM

'It's almost as if he's trying to play down paedophilia in an attempt to suit his own agenda'

I think there is quite a lot in that.

In a sense he is mounting an apology for Berg, his mentor, and by extension, himself. There is also an attempt to reframe paedophiles as 'not as black as they're painted'--the first step towards rehabilitating paedophile offenders as 'just another guy, with offbeat tastes, maybe.'

It could also be seen as another sucker test, if you swallow his twisted reasoning on this he can move onto the next step in his careful building of the world according to Davejc--in your mind.
Its a slow and careful path towards turning him into the final arbiter of what is right and what is wrong--for you.
Its the grooming process.

Of course what is glaringly missing is this pity-fest is any consideration for the prey of the paedophile and the often life-long after affects that these predators bequeath to their innocent victims.

There is a school of thought in psychology that suggests that everything we think about or are motivated to do is prompted by self-interest--not to the degree of narcissism but in that we would not otherwise be doing it if it were not also in our interests somehow.
In that sense I think it fair to look at Davejc's obssession with minimising the behaviour of paedophiles and attempting to skew the perception of them towards a more accepting view as a justification for himself and his behaviour--its a plea to not view Davejc as a monster, despite his monstrous behaviour of which he is well aware.

''And, for Christ's sake, stop hating them.''
This is really obvious. 'And for Christ's sake stop hating Davejc and just let him get on with his predatory ways in peace.'

What a great image that is, Davejc trapped headfirst in a dumpster. So fitting. That works on so many levels for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2010 06:29AM by Stoic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.