Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 23, 2010 03:28AM

Last night Kevin responded to one of my postings by posting various quotes from members over here. I got the impression that Kevin was trying to suggest that we over here have cult like tendences with Rick as the leader.

Kevin has now retracted that particular posting. I'd be interested to find out why Kevin decided to retract that posting.

Kevin do you now accept that what you were initially insinuating was inaccurate and is that why you decided to retract the posting?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:09AM

Here is my question to you , Apollo: do you think that it is possible that what is happening there at the XJC forum, is that one of the more prominent forum members is unconsciously re-creating the group environment, but in a different situational context, in an attempt to be the "leader?"

Do you think that they might be unconsciously translating their positions in the Jesus Christians into something else, namely the running of (and having control over) their "group" (forum) as well as this one?

It certainly seems that way to me. I cannot help but notice how skilled they are at the McKay-style semantics games, nitpicking over words, etc.

Aren't they behaving in this situation just as though they are still in the group that they supposedly left?

That is what I see them doing; they're behaving in this situation and in this context as if they are still in their old group. He's translating his position as a leader in his old group, into this situation and it's not appropriate for him to do so.

It's like they're all half-deprogrammed over there. Kissing McKay's ass at this point, for whatever reason, is to me a horrible idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 04:12AM by zeuszor.

Date: December 23, 2010 04:22AM

Perhaps Dave has spent so many years constructing his own realities and getting away with sidelining and maligning those who might try to correct him that he thinks he's entitled to carry on like this? It's a lesson for why its everyone's social responsibility to oppose this kind of nonsense, or run the risk of enabling the bullies.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

So, now he's all for speaking out about people like his dad, as a function of one's social responsibility? Gosh, I've been doing just that for over four years. It's such a relief for me to know that I have his seal of ethical approval now.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:31AM

I think it helpful to acknowledge that all organisations or groups operate to a hierarchical dynamic, whether obvious or unacknowledged---which is, to a certain extent, unavoidable.

Mostly this is a natural process, a social 'pecking order' is established amongst any group of humans over time just as it was studied in chickens, from where the phrase comes. It is normally quite fluid and not rigidly fixed and allows for some degree of dissent by individuals, i.e. if you really don't like it, you are free to find a better place. (that would include a better place in the current pecking order--promotion policies.)

When a person above you in the pecking order at the office or factory starts to strongly argue that it is in the wider interest that you sacrifice all your possessions or a kidney for 'the greater good'--and you feel unable to flatly refuse or laugh outright at his presumption, ----thats the time to worry.

Its an interesting field of study in it itself, though off-topic here. Search google for 'strategic management and organisational dynamics,'
[www.google.co.uk]

Managing an organisation effectively involves acknowledging the realities of an existing pecking order.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 04:48AM by Stoic.

Date: December 23, 2010 04:33AM

I see and agree with your point. I never said that XJCs is a cult.

So why, then, does everybody there defer and pander so, to a certain prominent participant?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 04:36AM by zeuszor.

Date: December 23, 2010 04:43AM

Because he is prominent? And has had a uniquely, very close association with the subject, Davejc----which doesn't make him infallible but does make his insights useful and worth listening to.

Listening to him doesn't require agreement on all points.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:45AM

I get the impression that for whatever reason Kevin views this forum as the enemy, much like his father does. He seems to make alot of sarcastic remarks about this forum and our posters, again, much like his father does. That's certainly something i've picked up on since reading the xjcs forum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 05:02AM by Apollo.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:48AM

To whom it may concern:

The topic here is Dave McKay and his group, not Kevin McKay and the ex-JC message board.

Please stay focused like a laser on the actual topic.

Date: December 23, 2010 05:09AM

Someday soon, maybe tomorrow, I am going to look through a collection of old copies of New Day News going back to the '70s. Maybe if the stars are in an auspicious alignment I'll find a copy of the very NDN that so-and-so mentioned the other day. Wouldn't it be cool if I found an old NDN with the McKays featured in it? We'll see! I'll let all of you know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 05:10AM by zeuszor.

Date: December 23, 2010 05:56AM

Some Bob Dylan by oddly, Bob Dylan.

[video.google.com]#

I'd like to amend my earlier statement:
Listening to anyone, even great poets, doesn't require agreement on any points.

Arguments from authority.....

[www.xenu.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.