Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 06, 2010 11:27PM

So, I changed my name to Spotless Sanchez and cut and pasted some of your material over there, Mal. I didn't think that you'd mind.

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 07, 2010 12:23AM

Malcolm Wesley Wrest
I have regrettably failed to acheive the exacting standard required of one, to become a trusted contributor to the xjc site however I suspect that 3.5 years membership in the formative period of the cult (Christmas 81 - May 85) does give me a little more "inside perspective" than what Blackhat would appear to give me credit me for...

....Also there is another forum of ex-members and supporters who can give you information from an inside perspective...Blackhat

...and we as all know, I'm arrogant enough to think that Kevin cannot claim to "know more" than me, hence while I will certainly listen to his views respectfully, I do not accord him any "leadership authority"....
It's a shame Blackhat had to make the comments she did. I expect more from her as she has made some really good and intelligent contributions in the past. But I guess she is seeking approval.

She can't make hits at the JC Forum and report back to the XJC site for her applause, due to her ban, so she is now doing it with the RR forum.

It would be good if all the personalities and factional fighting were kept out of it and people concentrated on DM and the cult, but I guess that isn't going to happen, as humans are humans....with all their faults.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 12:25AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: aghast ()
Date: June 07, 2010 05:55AM

zeuszor
The XJC forum is very inwardly directed in my opinion, very cultlike; it functions as the "coddle Kevin clique" in many respects. I mean, the man needs support and therapy, and I understand that. It's just perhaps the he doesn't see it himself.

Maybe they should change the description of their forum from Dave McKay's Jesus-Christians: Free discussion between members and ex-members, supporters and observers. to Kevin's Support Group in which only those he approves of can participate, and then only on his terms.

I see Kevin as being somebody who in the situational context of his online forum behavior is re-creating the group and his position in it, and translating his position in the group into that situation. I see Blackhat and the others as very protective of him, and appreciate the reasons as to why and how that this is so.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. In other words, a lot of times people who leave high control groups, (this particularly happens with people who were part of leadership in their group) still behave as if they are still in the group when interacting with others in another group situation, regardless of whether that kind of behavior is appropriate in the new situational context.

That is what I see Kevin doing; he's behaving in this situation and in this context as if he is still in his old group. He's translating his position as a leader in his old group, into that situation and it's not altogether appropriate for him to do so.

And I never said that Kevin behaves that way (as if he is still in the group) at all times and under all circumstances, but rather in the situational context of his online forum behavior. Apostate used to behave that way on the forums too, but in recent months seems to have gotten past that tendency and "moved on" with his life.

Basically, the XJCs primary goal (it seems to me), has actually been to stifle "free discussion" and shut up DM's critics.

IMO Kevin is as controlling as your father, in his own way. He is probably more like David than he is willing to admit. But he cannot help it; that's simply the introjecton expressing itself.

My impression is that Kevin is to this day telling DM what DM wants to hear, so that he can be seen as opposing and not supporting we here at RR, and thereby get into his father's good graces.

I resent Kevin because he is apparently not out to stop the JCs at all, and seeks to thwart those who are trying to stop the JCs.
And that's a good thing?

It seems that he is trying to regulate the forum environments and/or the participants in them, in order to influence the outcome of the situation and/or particular individuals' behaviors, to his own ends.

He is basically IMO replicating community conditions in denying one's right to disagree, speak an opposing viewpoint, or freely express a divergent opinion at all. He writes, in effect, that we here at RR are the REAL cult, and that I am the real cult leader, every bit as sick and evil as his father.

zeuszor
It's a shame Blackhat had to make the comments she did. I expect more from her as she has made some really good and intelligent contributions in the past. But I guess she is seeking approval.

She can't make hits at the JC Forum and report back to the XJC site for her applause, due to her ban, so she is now doing it with the RR forum.

Yessiree, I fully understand the forum rules clearly now, though I am still slightly fuzzy on the topic again?

Date: June 07, 2010 06:32AM

Now Fran is back to playing the game of editing and deleting my posts in the course of our so-called "discussion." These folks will make one crazy. I am giving up, but will wait for him to answer my latest request before I do so (for now). He simply deletes my posts and repeats where he left off, and there is no point in trying to reason with the JCs.

[jesus-teachings.com]

I give up. Now Fran is deleting my posts and that's it. It's starting to frustrate me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 06:52AM by zeuszor.

Date: June 07, 2010 07:00AM

And now they've banned me, too, after editing and deleting my work all to hell. i just tried to log in again and cannot. I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

This, after Fran writes that I am welcome to come back and respond to and defend myself...sneaky, sneaky of you Fran. Ban me on the sly without telling me that I am banned.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 07:12AM by zeuszor.

Date: June 07, 2010 11:34AM

OK, the temporary ban while they figured out what the hell to do next has been lifted.

malcolm wesley wrest
(In order to placate those might complain about the release of "information", however...just retain a "watered down" version to share with detractors...."factfile LITE"...in fact you might even go to the trouble to prepare a "special version" for Kevin to subsequently release....thinking he had then thwarted you....

"David John McKay first gingerly emerged from the disorientated space ship on the 17th December 1944. He was being offered as a hostage, to the locals in order to buy their co-peration in relation to the release of the space-craft, which had failed in its rescue mission to reach their compatriates, still then, being held prisoner in Area 44, New Mexico. Taken in by a kindly family from the Church of the Nazarenes, after interrogation and release, McKay soon began to exhibit disturbing signs of.."

F**king hilarious, Mal. I must have missed this the first time around. I dig your style, man. High five!

Dialoging directly with the JCs on their forum always does something funny to me, Mal. Hard to explain, but it's this mix of exhilaration and distress.

Jesus Christians Uber Alles!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 11:57AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 07, 2010 12:07PM

Nar...try this one....

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 07, 2010 12:38PM

Hell yeah, DK! High five, Blackhat!

I'm tired of kissin' ass
I can't sit still all day
You know I know your school's a lie
That's why you dragged me here

'you're a hyperactve child
You're disruptive, you're too wild
We're going to calm you down
Now this won't hurt a bit'

Drag me to the floor
Pullin' down my pants
Ram a needle up my butt
Put my brain into a trance

'no more hyperactive child
Got too much of a mind
Wouldn't you rather be happy?
Now this won't hurt a bit'

Cameras in the balls
No windows, just brick walls
Pledge allegiance to a flag
Now you will obey¡­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 12:41PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 07, 2010 08:10PM

Here's a couple more for you then. Check the lyrics, more really good stuff along the same lines....

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 07, 2010 08:42PM

It would be good if all the personalities and factional fighting were kept out of this and we concentrated on DM and the cult, but I guess that isn't going to happen, as humans are humans, with all their faults.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.