Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: June 14, 2010 11:02PM

Personally, I'd only recommend XJCs to you if you want to get involved in what amounts to an "ex-member cult." I tried registering an account there weeks ago, and so far have received no response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 11:03PM by Oerlikon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: June 15, 2010 02:19AM

dsm
No, now thank you for that, yasmin! That one statement alone throws it all into a different level. What a diabolical method" that "choice"! McKay's group just went from "cult" to "terrorist cult" in my estimation.

If you look around that forum (as another contributor here so aptly pointed out), you'll notice how nobody ever seems to refer to the Jesus Christians as a "cult" there. You would likely be chided for doing so, and you would get downright censured for calling the Jesus Christians a "terrorist cult." That would be far too impolite a remark for that crowd. They'd instead encourage you to try and think of something nice to write of David McKay.

The primary focus of the XJC (from my outsider perspective) is in maintaining and protecting the interests of McKay's son; they are not really interested in doing anything to expose or undermine the cult known as the Jesus Christians, nor are they interested in seeing the McKays held liable for any potential criminal charges that may be leveled against them.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: June 15, 2010 05:54AM

DSM, I can certainly understand why you are not interested in any kind of group dynamic; many who left high demand groups feel similarly.
If you are looking for information about the jcs, however it is a good resource,even if as Overlikon suggests, you just look around.
Actually, re privacy however,one of the main disagreements between the two sites was the fact that here on Rick Ross, people ( ex members ) were contacted privately, and their personal details, that they gave privately, along with information about current members, were all secretly collected and released in a now infamous dossier.

I haven't read the dossier but people have said that in some cases the information included was enough to be a possible identity theft risk.

Given that your post seemed to indicate that you value privacy, I thought perhaps you should be warned that if you give private information to some posters on this thread, it may turn up in another dossier at some point.

Date: June 15, 2010 09:35AM

Dear Mirror image, in relation to your comment that

Does it really matter where the money goes? If one joins a group, one would think when i sell all my material wealth where is the best place to give it. Do i give it to a homeless shelter or the group i am joining. It does not matter to God as long as the cause is from God there should be no concern, especially done with a pure heart and love of God. When we live and follow the desire of God than we are blessed and Heavenly children. What difference is it to you whom this noble man gave his wealth too. Just like when you do the same, it would be nobodies business but God and you.

As Christ did not apparently command the rich, young man to sell all that it hath and give it to the "Roman legions"/"Wealthy Levite Priests"/"Phonecian traders" (or what have you) but specifically nominated the "poor" (a group that I then imagine were subsequently open to the discretion of the rich young man to identify more specifically.....)it would appear to me that I SHOULD go to some trouble to dispose of my "goods and chattels" with a little prudency....

Howeve, even if as you suggest, those "donating" their goods are not responsible for, or are not ultimately, spiritually compromised at all, by whatever the "destination" of this donation may be,

David McKay routinely DISOBEYING this commandmant of Christ (retaining what is forsaken "to God", and holding it to have been forsaken to "McKay Inc")....has in fact, done little more than contribute to the corruption of his empire, in my opinion.....

(....you might like to compare the upstanding behaviour of his daughter Sheri and son-in-law Boyd, who parted company with McKay some 15 years ago....by way of comparison)

Posted by: MirrorImage ()
Date: June 15, 2010 01:13PM

DSM, These forums i have been told, are of a high standard. And truth always wins in the end, and forum rules ask that you tell the truth as fabrication can get you banned. You state this group the Jesus Christians appears to be a terrorist cult. Where is your factual proof that they are terrorists? And what former disciples house did they raid? I am a christian counsellor and have had sessions with people who leave high demand groups. I also do not like when people pull outlandish statements out of there butts. As it only makes reaching these people harder.

[Moderator Note: dsm was later banned from this message board. Many of her posts have also been deleted as "off topic" and/or in violation of the rules. Sadly, some people come here seemingly to argue, attempt to dominate and/or subvert threads.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2010 12:21AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 15, 2010 08:21PM

To whom it may concern:

Those who wish to remain anonymous should withhold any personal information that might tend to identify them. And along these lines it is unwise to share personal information through the private messaging system with other members.

People wish to remain anonymous for a number of reasons, which is their choice to make.

Having said that, this thread is about the Dave McKay group "Jesus Christians" not board policy.

Please focus on discussing the topic.

Posted by: MirrorImage ()
Date: June 15, 2010 09:33PM

Dear moderator. I am a firm believer in getting the truth out about high demand groups. But when you have people who make warped statements labelling a group terrorists in this case the group known as jesus christians. Than you will find the reputation of this forum will go down. People need to know they can trust what is being said. Or do you not care what is said?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 15, 2010 10:59PM

MirrorImage:

dsm said, "McKay's group just went from 'cult' to 'terrorist cult' in my estimation."

The words "my estimation" are used to note that this expresses an opinion.

Your opinion of this statement of opinion by dsm is noted.

Now please move on and stay on topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 11:18PM by rrmoderator.

Date: June 16, 2010 10:50AM

Dear DSM,

You would probably have already noted this posting by "VoxVeritaVita Das" on the "Chris Butler" site....

...As for the longevity of his organization, the zealots still around have to be in their 50's by now and probably early 60"s. What physical condition do you think they are in? They never received, for all their hard work and dedication, sound medical insurance, adequate and healthy nutrition (remember these were the dumpster divers) or decent living conditions, they (or the children for that matter) must be in pretty bad shape physically by now. We can all surmise their current mental status-still under the illusion that "He" is End-All Be All, etc etc...

By they time that they(the aging members of his personal empire) are longer "useful" for him, David McKay will be dead....I would otherwise suspect that he'd simply (and quietly) palm them off to any public nursing homes that would take them in...(Ross and Reinehardt for example are now in their early "50's"....?) and STILL try to get their pension check off them and into "consolidated revenue"...

Perhaps they could become "sweatshop" labouring folding and boxing tracts, until they draw their last breath....!

These are issues that will also begin to impact on the JesusChristians over the next decade.....Oh....and "dumpster diving" appears to be a common recourse in some cults we know!!

Date: June 16, 2010 11:23AM

Dear Mirror Image, thank you for your concerns.....if we simply avoid the pejorative term "terroist groups"...would that suffice?

You may like to peruse earlier pages of this thread, where a document publiched by McKay (the existense of which was subsequently denied on their site) titled "Killers for Christ" discusses among other things, I believe, the morality of assasinating a an armed "madman" running amok in a crowd....naturally McKay is entitled to his opinions.....the possible "consesquences" of his opinions might though be open to some public conjecture....given that they would so directly affect a small and very closed universe of a couple of dozen people....

I personally find McKays thought just so much self justifying facism....

.....and I do sometimes wonder how many more (il)logical steps do in fact, (possibly only just) separate him from ordaining the final victories of the "master race" he commands.....

(We all being soul dead "systemites" (COG terminology I'm sure that you're familiar with).....our own deaths are really ultimately "inconsequential" over the course of the spiritual war, McKay fights!...You may debate this very matter yourself with McKay on his site, I'm sure for example, that my own death would be a cause of much joy....if only someone would just be as nice... as to "do the deed" for him!!)

....however may I state that I personally think it VERY UNLIKELY that the JesusChristians are currently plotting to bomb any major public institutions of note,.....

I also cannot quite understand how the opinions on this site, over which you have no jurisdiction, "threaten" the likelyhood of your own (consulting patients?) to "respond" to treatment....

"Someone on that horrible site, called my friends, NASTY things.....and...("sob"..chest heaving in feigned anxiety!)...and....I'm ...I'm not coming here, to talk to you again!!(..and stomps out)! (??????)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 11:29AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.