Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: February 18, 2011 09:59PM

What Davejc has written about Davidito has been protected, with only the inner circle able to read what Dave has written. Dave has tried to hide his writings about this case. However, I managed to find this unprotected version, and I copy it now for the record...

[www.jesuschristians.net]
Dave McKay
Davidito: By their fruits...

When I first met the Children of God, more than 30 years ago, they were already getting a lot of opposition from the churches. One of their best defences was this one: 'Judge a tree by its fruit.'

It was a hard argument to refute, as the movement was populated by fresh, idealistic, enthusiastic young hippies who had been turned on to the teachings of Jesus. Even agnostics were impressed by their vitality and expressions of love.

I expressed one reservation before moving in with them. I said that it sometimes takes a little while for the fruit to actually appear, and so we must always be willing to examine ourselves to see if we are moving away from the truth. I observed that enthusiastic and spontaneous young people look pretty good almost anywhere. But the big question was what would be the long-term results of their ministry?

I spent only a few months actually living with The Children of God before I felt that I would have to break fellowship with them and head out on my own. They had just started to teach something called 'flirty fishing', in which they were offering free sex to outsiders as an enticement for people to join their ranks, donate to their cause, or just say the magic prayer that was guaranteed to give them a ticket to heaven that not even God could take away.

To me the error was obvious: They had mistaken sex for love. From beginning to end the Bible imposed restrictions on sex, and the Children of God (later called The Family) was ignoring those restrictions at their own peril. At least that was my firm belief.

So I branched out and started my own movement, called first just Christians, and later Jesus Christians. We Jesus Christians have, over the years, often been compared with The Family, on the basis of the fact that we live together, that we do not work in system jobs, that we often use cartoons to illustrate our message, or that we talk about Bible prophecy.

However, those are not the issues that people MOST dwell on when comparing us with The Family. Instead, they mention my own personal links with them (No other member of our community has ever been a member of The Family or of the Children of God.), and then they launch into a description of the very teachings which caused me to leave The Family more than a quarter of a century ago, as though these are the teachings that we share in common. It is a cruel and unfair comparison.

About the time that I left The Family, their leader (David Berg, a.k.a. 'Mo') was undertaking a dangerous and perverted experiment. His mistress had become pregnant by a waiter that she was flirty fishing, and so 'Mo' decided to keep a record of the experiment that he was going to make with this baby, whom he named Davidito ('little David'). Davidito was to be exposed to total sexual indulgence, including regular sexual fondling by members of Mo's harem, as well as regular exposure from infancy to sexual intercourse and orgies.

The philosophy was basically that all sex is beautiful and ordained by God, and it is only religious hang-ups about sex that destroy people's appreciation of it. This child was going to experience pure love through total sexual indulgence.

Mo made several prophecies about Davidito eventually taking on the mantle of leadership from his aging stepfather. It was prophesied that he would lead them into true 'freedom'. The entire Children of God community was given unrealistic hopes for this boy from the day that he was born, and an intimate diary was kept of all his experiences, which was shared with the entire movement.

The effect on Davidito himself was traumatic. His most notable personality trait was extreme shyness. Nevertheless, he stayed in the community until he was out of his teens, engaging in sex with his many topless nurses from the time he was eleven years old.

A few years ago, Davidito left The Family, convinced that what they were teaching was not, as they claimed, based on the teachings of the Bible. Unfortunately, he fell in with another lot who turned out to be worse for him than the people he had fled. He linked up with other former members of The Family, who were largely motivated by hatred toward the people they had once loved.

This feeling of hatred grew in Davidito (who had changed his name to Ricky Rodriguez) as a result of his new associations, to such a point that he eventually plotted to kill his mother, Mo's former mistress. (Mo died in the 1990's.) Davidito's hatred for his mother having allowed him to be sexually abused in such a way grew to the point where he could no longer contain it. However, his mother, in company with her latest lover, now leads The Family, and Family security is such that it was impossible for him to locate her.

The nearest that Davidito could get to his mother was to meet up with one of his former nursemaids, a woman old enough to be his mother. He arranged a meeting with her in January of this year, in Tucson, Arizona, and he stabbed her several times before slitting her throat. He then drove to San Diego, California, where he took his own life with a gunshot to his head.

The song says, 'Lemon tree very pretty; and the lemon flower is sweet. But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.' Such was the fruit, both of The Family's distorted teachings about sex, and the anti-Family movements justification and nurturing for hatred and revenge.

Both sides will argue that it is not possible for them both to be right, and that one or the other of them has to be wrong. And depending on which side you listen to, it is easy to start believing one side or the other. But, whether or not it is possible for them both to be RIGHT, there is no doubt in my mind that it is not only possible, but quite definitely true that both sides are very WRONG. There is no need for anyone to side with either camp.

That is not to say that there are not good people in both movements. We have tried hard to establish positive relationship and constructive communication with both sides, but our efforts have been fruitless in both directions.

As a community, we have tried to take the biblical truths which were taught (or at least hinted at) by The Family (especially in their early days), and to preach them without the lies about free sex. We have tried to communicate lovingly to members of the Family, as well as to communicate lovingly with ex-members.

Ex-members do not take long at all to launch into vitriolic tirades against anyone who dares to say anything positive about The Family. Their hatred is rarely more than a sentence or two away from the surface. But The Family itself is much more subtle. They smile sweetly and express love in words over and over again, all the while walking backwards away from us. And as soon as they have a door between us and them, they lock it and warn their members not to open it.

We write this article now because the front page story in the Los Angeles Times about Ricky Rodriguez's tortured life and death has stirred up worldwide interest once again in The Family; and scandal in The Family is never very far away from us.

You see, when The Family stopped preaching Christianity on the streets, and started flirty fishing, opposition from the churches actually fell off. And that's about the time that opposition toward ourselves took off. The church today (and many system parents and other authorities) have more hatred for the truth that we teach (and that was hinted at in the early teachings of The Family) than they do for the perversions that took all these years to manifest themselves in a murder-suicide by the one whom The Family promised would lead his people to freedom.

As evil as Family teachings about sex are, and as evil as anti-Family teachings about hate are, most people would prefer either of them to the truths contained in the teachings of Jesus. But we are determined to stick with the truth, and to bank everything on the good fruit that will eventually come from that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: February 19, 2011 04:15AM

That's Davejc, no event is too tragic that he cannot turn it into propaganda for himself and his exclusive grip on the 'Truth'.

Date: February 19, 2011 07:29AM

Thank you very much Blackhat!

As Stoic aptly points out the "fruit" of this sick, sick mind that willfully perverts facts

(deceitfully postulating events "backchaining" any given circumstances),

is what David's blackened soul, bears....

You see, when The Family stopped preaching Christianity on the streets, and started flirty fishing, opposition from the churches actually fell off. And that's about the time that opposition toward ourselves took off.

D. McKay

David had already invented, and was promulgating, this fantasy when I was a member (1982!) ....... this of course is nothing other than the invention of history from narcissist trying to persuade the world, how important he is (....was?)

The "opposition" to McKay began about the time he started ensnaring numbers of young people into years of voluntary servitude, distributing his writings that would otherwise never see the light of day in many cases, this would be circa the early 80's Ross Parry and I both arriving on Christmas Day 1981 (otherwise no-one gave the proverbial "fig" for what David "preached".....in 1976 when "flirty fishing" was introduced, opposition from the mainstream Churches DID NOT "wane"....and for the next five years....McKay was an utter nobody, that no-one knew of in the slightest.......although yes, David...graffiti-ing all those churches in Woollongong, one night, probably did, gain you some "repute")

.....John McFarlane had already left him in Woollongong, Neville Williams was still a member in Tallangatta, Victoria....

David himself dating his "cult" though from when Ross and I arrived, and he began to have "numbers" at his disposal.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 07:44AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: AbundantLifeNow ()
Date: February 21, 2011 01:15AM

From Wikipedia

Contraversies

In July 2009 Civil action was taken against the family members involved in the attack, the outcome of which is still pending and a restraining order has also been taken out against them. The Jesus Christians later won a settlement intended to be used to support their member who claimed injury but instead the money was spent on a luxury cruise for the cult.

This family also went to the police, claiming that their son, a top student and basketball player with a scholarship to Yale University, had been kidnapped. The FBI acted on the report for a while but when the son turned up at a police station in Kentucky, stating that he had not been kidnapped, the missing persons report was dropped.

On December 11 2007, Dave and Cherry McKay were interviewed on stage as part of a two day feature on religious cults on the UK television programme The Jeremy Kyle Show. The show attempted to link the Jesus Christians with such groups as Jim Jones' People's Temple, and the Children of God sex cult. Dave and Cherry and two other members of the Jesus Christians were questioned by Jeremy Kyle and several opponents of the Jesus Christians. At one point, as a form of protest, members refused to reply to any more questions and McKay walked out of the interview because he could not outshout or fool the panel. Cherry McKay appearing zombie like onstage, used a cane to stagger around, as this cane was a prop. It was proven by Brian Birmingham, the greatest critic of McKay who bravely faced off against McKay on this program and won the audience over when he declared to massive applause "You're not Jesus, Dave." that Cherry McKay did not need that cane and that it was merely a prop for pity. In spite of the seemingly negative report by Jeremy Kyle, the Jesus Christians have reported an increased number of sympathetic inquiries but in the last few years McKay has only been able to snare 1 new recruit from Canada.

In February 2008, a Jesus Christian family was featured on the Channel 4 program Wife Swap[27] where the freegan wife of the Jesus-Christian family went to live with the millionaire family of an IT consultant.

In June 2008, The ABC in Australia aired a report on one young Jesus Christian's fight for his right to donate a kidney to a stranger. The documentary covers the attempts of the parents to thwart the young man's intentions and his final success.[28] A new scandal in 2010/2011 has been discovered recently wherein the Jesus Christians have been exposed as having shelters paedophiles while arming them with the tools, comic books, in order to lure the innocent street children in poverty stricken areas of Kenya. You can a great deal about these atrocities at the Rick Ross Cult forum where the cult leader has been exposed as writing a letter to a local paper in support if paedophiles. His wife has also authored an article in support of paedophilia which can be found on the Jesus Christian web site. This cult supports masturbation instead of normal sexual relations even between couples. The cult leader, Dave McKay has authored many articles referencing the holiness of masturbation as a way to keep one free from sexual tensions and therefore available to do his bidding. The group has served as a perfect beard for those having less than honorable intentions and it has been proven that McKay knew that he was sheltering those with criminal records for paeodophilia. Despite his attempts to back pedal now and to avoid culpability there has been an investigation launched into his protection of sexual predators and his willingness to allow them free reign to work with poor children without any form of supervision. McKay wrote: "We decided on strict rules about X not having any physical contact with the children, and that, if he felt like wrestling or cuddling then it should be with the pet dog which the community owned at that time. X accepted, and things moved steadily toward more and more normality after that. This proves he knew of the criminals propensities to sexual assault of children and he did nothing to really protect the children within the cult and surely nothing to protect the poor street children, many of which it has become clear, were molested in the overcrowded trains while being snared by the offer of comic books. Another McKay quote, found on a web site states: “We could as easily build a case around us not knowing how many children have been sexually abused. Until we get a full assessment, we will probably never know.” His consort wife who wrote the article supporting paedophiles and blaming their victims says: “We had no knowledge of anything prior to that time, and even the knowledge we had then was not that he was a paedophile, and it still is not. How many of us have done something foolish in our teens for which it would be unfair to place a lifelong mark against us. I feel like you are trying to do that with someone who has made one mistake, and then learned from it.” A cult critic, Franky Ma, posted this message directly to the cult leader: “For a community that prides itself on being willing to ' err on the side of caution ' - it seems you're willing to take some mighty huge and tragic risks when it comes to innocent children.

I hope everyone will pray that the paedophile in your midst isn't still working with vulnerable third world children in Africa. Who's keeping an eye on him now?

A MINIMUM of five children have been sexually molested at the hands of three one time JC's. When all is taken into account that could easily be in double figures. Your community set the tone so that Alf/ Monty was MORE concerned about the reaction of a mother than the harm to innocent children or the rehabilitation of the man himself.

I doubt that concerns Alf/ Monty or any of you at all- because you're all so high on your morality fix.

Children were sodomized , raped , forced to perform oral sex on one of your members - which you furnished with Easy Listening books ( books that are attractive to children ) and sent to India- home of some of the most vulnerable children on the planet. Your community enabled this to happen and the leader didn't even resign and so far has shown NO remorse.

By the time I met the community ( early 2004 ) - there were TWO more cases. One involving ' x' and one involving another member with learning difficulties. At no time was any proper rehabilitation offered to these people.

Instead , as long as they sold enough books Dave happily let them masturbate and fantasize with his blessing.

All of the recent community have been complicit in this.

I sure second the motion that I hope this sick pervert isn't still within the jc's. Where is some decent explanation for this mess? As thought there is any decent explanation but where is the DISGUST AND THE SHOCK FROM DAVE AND THE JESUS CHRISTIANS? Where is their extreme regret and remorse that this took place? Where do they tell us what steps they took to help those poor little victims heal? ~By Franky Ma, a notable media personality from the UK, has reported McKay and the Jesus Christians to proper authorities and serious investigations are underway. Other solid citizens who have concerns and knowledge of this scandal have filed reports and complaints as well.

Dave McKay minimizes the sexual abuse in this statement: “I do believe, however, from the little that I have read on the subject, that sodomy, rape, and (to a lesser extent) getting someone to perform oral sex is NOT what a paedophile is most likely to do with a beggar child in a toilet in India. In fact, I think the most common offence is for the paedophile to masturbate the child. Often paedophiles do not even have a climax themselves. You can castrate a paedophile and they will still re-offend. Apparently this is because the kink is not in their sex organs so much as in their mind. They want to use their superior/adult knowledge of sex to control children. “ And “As has been pointed out over and over and over here, I once stated (in quite a different context) that physical force is NOT what it's all about with paedophiles. It's about control. I could well imagine that, with beggar children in India, it would be payment (in which case 'B' MAY have been able to get them to masturbate him in one way or another). But even that is conjecture. “ It’s obvious this cult leader doesn’t see any sexual abuse as serious as long as the child isn’t beaten or tried up. These quotes can be located at [jcs.xjcs.org]

This is the news report on the sexual deviant charged with molesting 18 children. This is the man that the Jesus Christians hid. AAP General News (Australia) 12-10-1998 NSW: Man jailed for 48 child sex offences

By Jamie Tarabay

SYDNEY, Dec 10 AAP - A social worker who sexually abused young homeless beggars in India and Australian children as young as two years-old was jailed for at least three-and-a-half years today.

In sentencing in the New South Wales District Court, Judge Ian Dodd said the crimes would have been undetected had the social worker not come forward and confessed because he felt "disgusted with himself".

Bruce Clyde Steel, 43, of Newcastle pleaded guilty to 15 counts of child abuse dating from 1976 to 1997 which took place in New South Wales, including Sydney and Newcastle, as well as in India.

The judge also took into account another 33 offences which Steel also admitted to.

The Australian offences included numerous children and dated back to the mid 1970s when Steel was living in Sydney.

After settling in the Hunter Valley in the early 1980s, Steel continued to assault young children he met through friends and at local shops.

In one instance Steel was travelling on a train from Sydney to Newcastle when a female passenger asked him to take her two year-old son to the toilet, where he then masturbated the child.

Steel has also admitted assaulting about 18 homeless beggar boys while working for a church group as a social worker in India in late 1997.

He would spend time at a railway station in Madras where he would assault young males, often giving them money before or after the assault.

In his remarks Judge Dodd said Steel pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity and was prepared to undergo chemical treatment during imprisonment if available.

Judge Dodd said Steel, who had previously worked for the NSW State Rail Authority for 13 years, had an "inadequate personality" and was "unable to make normal sexual, or other, relationships".

Judge Dodd also mentioned that Steel had previously spent time in detention for similar offences.

He was sentenced to a minimum of three and a half years imprisonment and a maximum of six.

Steel is only the second person in NSW to be prosecuted under the Crimes (Child Sex Tourism) Act, which was introduced in 1994 to combat the sexual abuse of children overseas by Australians.

He is the second person from New South Wales to be prosecuted and the first Australian charged with offences in India under the Act.

1998 AAP Information Services Pty Limited (AAP)

And this is the letter that Dave wrote about his, "paedophile friend" to the Newcastle Herald, which was published 19 November 1998:

Child sex confession.

Here's Dave McKay's response to a similar article published in the Newcastle Herald. Note that McKay doesn’t admit to being the leader of the group that the man was hiding in but instead points to himself as a friend of the man.

AS a friend of the man charged with 15 sex offences in Newcastle District Court last Friday, I was disappointed that your report (NH 14/11/98) did not include what I consider is really the most significant aspect of this story.

As I understand it, no law enforcement agency had any interest in Bruce Steel, or knowledge of his offences, until he approached them with a nine-page confession. His confession came as a result of his Christian faith, and a desire to make right the wrongs that he has done, most of which occurred many years ago.

This is not an attempt to minimise the wrong that he has done. Certainly his willingness to put himself in prison to answer for the crimes indicates his own admission that what he did was very wrong.

But it is an attempt to put the crimes into some other perspective than the rather sensational one that usually surrounds the topic of sex in the media.

Is there any room for society to take genuine repentance into consideration when dealing with the subject of paedophilia? Or is mercy only limited to other sins?

Dave McKay

Mayfield

The cult has gone into hiding as of October 2010, after misusing court settlement monies meant for one of their members medical care. Instead of the money being placed into a trust fund to care for this member who supposedly suffered serious injury, the cult, with McKay being the principle organizer, squandered the money on a luxury cruise for the entire community and selected family members who they felt would not make trouble or conflict with McKay. Photographs of this cruise have reached wide stream distribution on the internet, showing the cult partying and living an extremely lavish way, directly opposed to what they have preached which was a life of austerity and simplicity. A family member of a cult member has said that a new manuscript is out there in order to expose McKay’s dealings over the last 30 odd years. Shortly after returning from this cruise, McKay seems to have ordered his cult into seclusion and they closed their publish chat forum and message boards and have gone underground but they are still functioning as a cult, still taking in money for McKay. They continue to be sited selling McKay's books on the street to passersby who are told the money paid for the books goes to assist with English lessons and support, including food and shelter to people living in abject poverty in Kenya. However their luxury cruise, which is reported to have cost nearly $80,000. Au, leads detractors to suggest that there has been a most terrible fraud like scam committed on people who have been sold that donations went to charitable causes, when in reality they funded a comfortable retirement plan for McKay and consort wife. McKay has always controlled the funds of the cult and has refused any accountability for how monies were spent, decreeing himself beyond question, even going so far as to issue a statement in print warning his membership that if they question him, on any matter, he will smite them down. Currently, he threatens and bullies but he will not silence the voices of right.

[edit] Publications

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: February 21, 2011 08:27AM

''McKay wrote: "We decided on strict rules about X not having any physical contact with the children, and that, if he felt like wrestling or cuddling then it should be with the pet dog which the community owned at that time.''

Strict rules? This is what McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') considers strict rules?

The more I read this man's sick quotes the more disgusted I become.

So instead of reporting ''X'' the child molester to the authorities Dave felt that playing with the pet dog would be an appropriate precaution. Is this guy for real?

Which reputable organization recommends this I wonder?

As long as Dave's victims/followers are out there hitting their targets then he's quite willing to turn a blind eye to their misdemeanor's. It certainly appears that way, let's be honest here. Bruce the JCs paedophile in India was only caught after failing to hit his targets. Had Bruce continued to hit his targets then who knows just how long he would have been given a free reign to abuse young children.

A minimum of 19 children have been abused at the hands of people working for the JCs cult. One of those men ''John'' was never reported to the authorites and for all we know he has continued to offend to this day. Bruce who abused a minimum of 18 children was also not reported to the authorities. He only handed himself into the police after a non-JC friend was able to convince him to do so. Would Dave have reported Bruce to the police had he not handed himself in? I'd say it's highly unlikely. We've seen no evidence to suggest Dave would have reported him and that concerns me. I think it's very likely that various other paedophile's have been given a free reign to abuse children. I think it's very likely there have been various other cover-ups within the cult.

It appears all these paedophile's and child molester's need to do is confess to Dave, promise they won't do it again, prove they have good sales techniques and then all is forgiven!

There needs to be a full investigation in my opinion, starting with McKay and his consort. I don't buy all this crap that she's just another victim. His consort was one of the founding members. She has supported this sick and twisted man throughout it all. She has even disowned her own children and grandchildren in a show of loyalty. If she's willing to disown her own children and grandchildren for this maniac then I imagine she'd be quite willing to join him in a cover-up of sorts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 08:30AM by Apollo.

Date: February 21, 2011 10:40AM

This is not an attempt to minimise the wrong that he[Bruce Steel] has done.

- David McKay

Yes I agree with David here....his duplicitious letter(which fails to mention that this "friend" is the irresponsible fiend who despatched Mr Steel without supervision to India in the first place) is much more an attempt to minimize the wrong that McKay and his cult have done....

Date: February 21, 2011 10:53AM

I spent only a few months actually living with The Children of God

This of course DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING statements McKay has made to the media, pointedly stating "three weeks".....

(One of the "ABC" radio interviews for example....Compass? The full script is provided.....Would anyone know how to find the link for this again?)

(...it has been pointed out to me that "flirty fishing" dated from 1974....the newspaper advertisements McKay produced then, on behalf of the COGS in Broken Hill, establishing then that McKay continued to both, promote the Children of God and associate with them, YEARS after the prctise was introduced.....!

What an utter fraud the man is, ...imagining that he can lie as he pleases,

and if ever "caught out" thinking that he will then simply eliminate access to that information

(Deceitfully slander whoever bears the news; instruct his followers not to listen to anything "contrary"; alter any records (on his website or elsewhere) to "neutralize" the exposure, lie that he is only acting in the interests of the "unsaved" (who couldn't "understand" and who would ony "choke" on this "meat")..hence his motives are still "good"...and so on and so forth....)

Honest to whom.....honest to Satan!!!

Date: February 21, 2011 11:05AM

The cult has gone into hiding as of October 2010, after misusing court settlement monies meant for one of their members medical care.

That's a very interesting observation there ALN from Wikipedia...who would have known? (...the Johnsons Lawyers? ...the FBI?) and who would have been in a postion to act on the abuse of process here (....LAPD criminal prosecution?), I wonder?

I've no doubt that they are continuing to "distribute" for the time being....however, if they are to "self finance"...how would Kenya pay for it's operations? (.....the market for literature and CD's being a fraction of what McKay could profit from within the OECD nations) ....some "structure" remains, McKay I'd imagine trying to run his cult, "on the sly" (while not being obliged to share a cent of his Aust. govt income, with those he previously expected to turn over whatever they had, into his grasping, little hands).....an arrangement that I'm sure will unravel fairly quickly...

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: February 21, 2011 09:16PM

The man is a compulsive liar. When you lie as often as McKay does then it's only natural that you're going to slip up eventually.

He tried to cover up the child abuse commited by ''X'' in an attempt to cover his own back. This 'one' incident which he spoke of actually turned out to be two incidents. Two incidents where ''X'' only 'briefly' touched a 5 year old and a 10 year old, according to McKay. Of course the use of the word 'briefly' was just another attempt to minimise the child abuse.

Date: February 21, 2011 10:22PM

I agree Apollo...the only "variation" in character, that he "tailors" the lies for the particular audience....

Where McKay claims,

I expressed one reservation before moving in with them. I said that it sometimes takes a little while for the fruit to actually appear, and so we must always be willing to examine ourselves to see if we are moving away from the truth. I observed that enthusiastic and spontaneous young people look pretty good almost anywhere. But the big question was what would be the long-term results of their ministry?

I suspect that he never said a single WORD of what he claims...(it was simply some "tidbit" to feed to those gullible enough to devote their lives to his service...something that "verified" how "sincere" David "really was" in their eyes....)

I know that a few people are in touch with those who once, were part of the Children of God, colony where David spent his "few months"....I would like to see Davids former COG associates (who have ALREADY said that David, had "no problem" with flirty fishing.....) verify what it was that David actually said upon joining....

(Something like...."God! These COG newsletters look great!...you could almost just start up on your own with them....hmmmm!")

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.